facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 7, 2016, 11:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Solution - of extremism

In few folds folds.

1. Education on proper Islam and practice it. Know your God and his Power. Know what is right and what is wrong. Killing innocent people is wrong. Going back to Quran and know the meaning of the verses. The proper interpretation. Mosques, Schools, Madrasas, Universities, Colleges, all education institutions. Because that is their recruiting grounds. (Putting more police guards in front of establishment will not deter these boys.)

2. Police, RAB can't fix this. They are not equipped or trained to handle this. Army needs to sweep the country. Root out. There must be a camp or two. Some safe houses. If boys are missing for a month then there is a problem. Families must help. Those are the leads. Police can't protect the borders as well.

3. TV Channels, New media, Radios have responsibilities. They all need to unite and give one message. Stop these "alochona onnushthan" and speak what is necessary for the youth to know.

4. We all have to do our job to spread the message. Use social Media. May our Lord guide us. This is a wake up call.
Old July 7, 2016, 12:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Le Fizz

One point I see cropping up everywhere there is a terror attack is, the attackers are not Muslims and their actions un-Islamic. This might seem fine to some, but there is something more that needs to be done other than mere lip service.

If these scum are no longer Muslims:
  • Why should we accord them Islamic last rites?
  • Are they now apostates?

If folks say we do not have the rights to call someone a kafir or apostate, the same applies to calling the terrorists un-Islamic. Simply saying that they cannot be Muslims because of their actions does not count.

This is an example of classic obfuscation and apologist logic which falls apart on closer scrutiny.

Another irritating thing I have noticed in our so called scholars is how they harp about poverty and marginalization as the leading cause of terrorism. This is indeed laughable as clearly evidenced recently in Bangladesh and also in the past in other countries. I feel its unjust to use the poor rickshaw-wala, fish vendor, vegetable vendor as easy scapegoats who shoulder the blame for religious extremism. These hardworking folk would rather spend their lives bettering their own lot and that of their children. They have no time for grand Ummah dreams.

We need honesty in society and we need to call a spade a spade. That's what Bangladesh needs. If Bengalis pride themselves on their intellect and critical thinking, now is the best time as any to move forward.

Last edited by Sylheti_Beta; July 7, 2016 at 03:27 PM..
Old July 7, 2016, 04:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Echo 100% with what Tigers_Eye bhai said:

my dui poisha:

Things Bangladesh should do:

*) Have a secured border, meaning We should be aware of who enters the country and who leaves the country...using International Airport is not the only means of entering/exiting country.

**) Have a Database of where and from whom and how much funds coming into/out of the country...

***) Have a Terrorism hotline meaning, if anybody sees anything suspicious instead of watching it go by, contact the authorities so that immediate action can be taken....

****) Have the Police force undergo counter-terrorism training and have them go through drills

Two simple ideas but may be very complicated and sophisticated to implement however can go a long way to track down domestic and international terrorism.....
Old July 8, 2016, 09:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Few things we must be willing to do for safety

1/ Forget about privacy, accept the idea that safety is more important that privacy.

2/ Internet access should be made limited. That is a very hard job but we must strive to allow people to access sites that are proven to be safe. Block the rest

3/ Government must create an app similar to Watsapp/Viber that can be accessed by Bangladeshis and government can monitor the app. And Watsapp/Viber and other such apps should be blocked from use.

I know I dont live in Bangladesh, so it is easy for me to comment about letting go of all privacy, but trust me, I would give up privacy for the safety of my citizens.
Old July 9, 2016, 03:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Mullahs, Imam needs to do part of khutbas in Bengali.
language of the land. So that people understand whatis being said.

Topic should be tolerance for the next 3 months. Relating people. Muslims, people of books, or neighbors.
Old July 9, 2016, 04:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Mullahs, Imam needs to do part of khutbas in Bengali.
language of the land. So that people understand whatis being said.

Topic should be tolerance for the next 3 months. Relating people. Muslims, people of books, or neighbors.
Dream on!!
During the eid Khutba's only a few imams decided to mention/pray for Gulshan or condemn the attack...Usually they never fail to pray for Palestine btw.. The most outspoken one (against islamist attacks) was himself a target in sholakia...,, this is new bangladesh.. the sooner we learn to accept the reality the easier it is for the people to deal with the problem.
Old July 14, 2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
This is because of 2 reasons:

1. Muslims love playing the victim card. This is relatively easy to do when it can be proven that an 'outsider' is at fault eg: Israel in Palestine, India in Kashmir, etc. However, Muslims killing fellow Muslims doesn't cause the same reverberation eg: Taliban in Pakistan, ISIS in Dhaka, etc.

2. Sub-continental Muslims revere Arabs and consider them superior to themselves. Since Palestine are Arabs (albeit 'lesser' ones) and vouching for them is likely to win the praise of the average Saudi Arabian and co., it is seen as a good tactic to fly the flag for them.
Generalizing is the worst thing one can so IMHO. This is like all "Indian" are rapist!

And where do you find that we think the Arabs came from another planet? Why would they be considered as superior?

And Muslims playing the victim card??

You kill hundreds and thousands of innocent children in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Palestine along with their brothers/sisters/parents and say that Muslims are playing the victim card? Really??

Amusing indeed.
Old July 14, 2016, 06:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Generalizing is the worst thing one can so IMHO. This is like all "Indian" are rapist!

And where do you find that we think the Arabs came from another planet? Why would they be considered as superior?

And Muslims playing the victim card??

You kill hundreds and thousands of innocent children in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Palestine along with their brothers/sisters/parents and say that Muslims are playing the victim card? Really??

Amusing indeed.
Agree with the first part (generalising)... but disagree with the second part!!

We do play the victim card, and sometimes we use victimization as an excuse to atrocities committed during the terrorist attack... Such attitude indirectly legitimizes some of these terrorist attacks.... We must be strong in our response to terrorism and fight against it, condemn it without any ifs and buts...
Old July 15, 2016, 01:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Agree with the first part (generalising)... but disagree with the second part!!

We do play the victim card, and sometimes we use victimization as an excuse to atrocities committed during the terrorist attack... Such attitude indirectly legitimizes some of these terrorist attacks.... We must be strong in our response to terrorism and fight against it, condemn it without any ifs and buts...
For a change I agree with you. It is only recently that we see outright condemnations of attacks like Dhaka, Paris, Peshawar and so on

I remember during 7/7, the nyc one, madrid, plenty of well educated, non-bearded Muslims/Bengali would condemn like this

"its bad, but it happened because Muslims are frustrated of US support for Israel" .....
"US is the main culprit"

"terrorism is war of poor"

and so on
Old July 15, 2016, 01:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

I will shamelessly paste a comment as it highlights a reasonable response to the "West is killing Muslims"
"The west has from time to time intervened clumsily in the Middle East, but the Middle East has been for a very, very long time a powder keg, especially with the Sunni/Shia divide and the radical/moderate divide. This may be a difficult fact for you to swallow but the vast majority of deaths/murders in muslim countries are done at the hands of other muslims.
The mess in Syria, most of the mess in Iraq with ISIS and daily bombs going off in markets, the Al Qaeda mess in Afghanistan/Pakistan and in Yemen, the instability in Turkey, the instability in Egypt and Sinai terrorists, the Al-Shabaab terrorists in Somalia, the Boko Haram group in Nigeria.... all great achievements of twisted thinking."
Old July 15, 2016, 03:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Being a Bangladeshi, why do you care about what happens in Iraq or Syria or Libya or Palestine? There are 190+ countries and 7+ billion retards scurrying about and it's inevitable that a few dozen nations and a few hundred million humans will be sword-fighting. As long as it isn't you, I suggest you stop giving a damn and losing sleep over glorified third world hell-holes.

It also provides the world a convenient platform to club you together and isolate you if need be. If you do choose to disconnect, it's all the more harder - you're a Bangladeshi first and foremost.

Of course, if a Bangladeshi purports a terror attack (god forbid) anywhere, the scenario is different.
Old July 15, 2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Being a Bangladeshi, why do you care about what happens in Iraq or Syria or Libya or Palestine? There are 190+ countries and 7+ billion retards scurrying about and it's inevitable that a few dozen nations and a few hundred million humans will be sword-fighting. As long as it isn't you, I suggest you stop giving a damn and losing sleep over glorified third world hell-holes.

It also provides the world a convenient platform to club you together and isolate you if need be. If you do choose to disconnect, it's all the more harder - you're a Bangladeshi first and foremost.

Of course, if a Bangladeshi purports a terror attack (god forbid) anywhere, the scenario is different.
Being a Bangladeshi, my heart goes out to the Indians as well when they were killed by the "Muslim" terrorists and so does in Paris or anywhere in the world.

There is a thing called HUMANITY. You might not be familiar with this as it grows with your upbringing, ethics, morel and the environment you grow up.

Last edited by kalpurush; July 15, 2016 at 10:48 AM..
Old July 11, 2016, 01:13 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Anyone else see the irony in the name "peace tv" from zakir nayek
Old July 11, 2016, 05:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Anyone else see the irony in the name "peace tv" from zakir nayek
Indeed.

Just read an article in an Indian news paper, he is currently in the dock for diverting foreign funds obtained for his NGO Islamic Research Foundation to his TV channel Peace TV. The screws have tightened.

Another aspect worth noting is that Dar-ul-Uloom-Deoband has stated that Muslims not follow him as reference in matters related to fiqh (Islamic law and jurisprudence).

http://www.central-mosque.com/index....s-of-fiqh.html

In a gist what they said to him looks very clear. Your field of work is "comparative religion" keep doing that, do not try to teach/interpret deen e Islam for believers. Its none of your business. They have relegated him to C division.
Old July 11, 2016, 08:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylheti_Beta
Indeed.

Just read an article in an Indian news paper, he is currently in the dock for diverting foreign funds obtained for his NGO Islamic Research Foundation to his TV channel Peace TV. The screws have tightened.

Another aspect worth noting is that Dar-ul-Uloom-Deoband has stated that Muslims not follow him as reference in matters related to fiqh (Islamic law and jurisprudence).

http://www.central-mosque.com/index....s-of-fiqh.html

In a gist what they said to him looks very clear. Your field of work is "comparative religion" keep doing that, do not try to teach/interpret deen e Islam for believers. Its none of your business. They have relegated him to C division.
Try to understand this to some of our fellow Bangladeshis, they are very sad that peace TV is cancelled in Bangladesh..
Old July 11, 2016, 08:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anik SH
Try to understand this to some of our fellow Bangladeshis, they are very sad that peace TV is cancelled in Bangladesh..
Two things

1/ Fellow Bangladeshis (a good number of them) is an unique breed. They would use the worst of language towards you and than praise the God in the same sentence.

2/ I was recently (yesterday) requested by a family friend to not judge Bangladeshis based on lowly educated but extremely vocal Facebook addicts in Bangladesh. Not sure if that is valid but I hope it is...

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2016/...gelist-of-hate
Here are his (mr Naik) controversial quotes VIA bdnews24.com

Questionable quotes

Origin: Darwin’s theory of evolution is just a ‘theory’ and not a fact like the ‘theory’ of creation.

Terror: “If al-Qaeda’s Osama Bin Laden is on the truth and fighting Islam’s enemies then I’m for him… If he is terrorising America, the biggest terrorists I’m with him.” He explains further: “Every Muslim should be a terrorist to the anti-social element.”

LGBT: “They are sinful patients suffering from a mental problem,” and demands death penalty for homosexuals.

Non-Muslims: "Allah shall not accept anyone except Muslims."

Interfaith marriage: “If you have a vehicle where one tyre is of a cycle and the other is of a truck, then the vehicle will not run,” he tells to a woman and says “Allah will never forgive her”.

9/11: Even a fool would know that the US, not al-Qaeda, is behind the attack on the World Trade Center.

Sex: “You can have sex with your wife and whatever your right hand possesses.”

Clothing: “If exposure of body is modernism, then animals are more modern than humans.
Old July 11, 2016, 09:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anik SH
অনিক ভাই, ইটাও হইলো সমস্যা। যে নিজের দিমাগ ব্যবহার করে না তারে জাকির নায়েক কি, যে কেও বিপথে লইয়া যাইতো ফারে।
Old July 11, 2016, 09:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^ those analogies....

Who is this guy?
Old July 11, 2016, 10:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I don't know why people take Naik as a religious authority. He is a medical doctor. I never understood the fan following and all his grand stage performances. It seems very pretentious and like a competition.

Anyway, parents should be more involved in the children's lives. Don't just give them a PC and broadband internet and leave them alone. Monitor what they are watching and doing.
Old July 11, 2016, 02:27 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I don't know why people take Naik as a religious authority. He is a medical doctor. I never understood the fan following and all his grand stage performances. It seems very pretentious and like a competition.
Because he can answer people's question. He may not give the correct answer or any sensible answer but he somehow can give an answer. And the random use of verses. Like he can literally say which chapter and which line certain verse came from. Not only Quran, but he has demonstrated similar grip on Bible, Geeta, Torah as well. And people were like...wow..Lok ta kotto kisu jane.

People want instant interpretation, do not want to do research. And he delivers just that
Old July 11, 2016, 01:52 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Please stop this Pakistan bashing. ISIS Taleban have slowly but surely started to taint BD as well. We should now at least comprehend how painful it is to see your beloved motherland going downhill because of those Fanatics. No need to belittle Pakisntan anymore. We may end up like them too and we would not like if people make fun of our desolation.
Old July 11, 2016, 07:08 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Please stop this Pakistan bashing. ISIS Taleban have slowly but surely started to taint BD as well. We should now at least comprehend how painful it is to see your beloved motherland going downhill because of those Fanatics. No need to belittle Pakisntan anymore. We may end up like them too and we would not like if people make fun of our desolation.
nobody is bashing pakistan, the current situation in Bangladesh is not same as the current situation in pakistan. It may become one day but there is a difference between is and may, crying about it doesn't help the cause
Old July 11, 2016, 10:39 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
nobody is bashing pakistan, the current situation in Bangladesh is not same as the current situation in pakistan. It may become one day but there is a difference between is and may, crying about it doesn't help the cause
Pakistani intelligence is very sophisticated and they have a very strong army as well. Still they could not escape. I remember how people here were ridiculing Pakistan for not able to control isis and not getting any cricket at home. We may also have to go through similar experience if things dont improve.

We also laughed at Ajmal and Salman and co. And then we got Sunny, Taskin and Ash

Karma is a you know what bro. Thats why I dont want to say anything about Pakistan, Afghanistan or other ME countries anymore. Oneke bole na je onner baccha niye baje kotha bolte nei tahole nijer bacchar kharap hoy...Bhoy ta oi khanei. I know my fear has no strong ground but still mone boddo bhoy
Old July 11, 2016, 02:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Banning Peace tv does not make much sense to me.
If it was that controversial then why was not it banned before ?
Must be because some of the gulshan terrorists were his fan , well one of them was also a fan of Shraddha Kapoor and danced with her but that did not stop him from killing an Indian girl that night.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old July 12, 2016, 12:23 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Banning Peace tv does not make much sense to me.
If it was that controversial then why was not it banned before ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Because people did not think of the horrific consequences before. Just like cancer people diagnosed this desease a little too late. Peace tv should have been banned ages ago and it took an attack like the gulshan one to wake up the authorities. Government is trying to uproot all avenues by which kids can be radicalized. It is more of a desparate attempt right now rather than a meaningful one. The cancer has reached the top layer of society. Soon we have to deal with madrasa radicals to NSU radicals and god knows what else.