facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 16, 2009, 05:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Default Petition to sack Ashraful thread

Guy, just before the game ends, I want to reitetrate my call for this idiot to be sacked. Whoever agrees say "I agree".
Old January 16, 2009, 06:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sylheti Kapali

Not sacked from the team, but from the captaincy.

2 Days ago, I thanked the brain surgion who I THOUGHT had done a succesful brain transplant on this plonker, but he obviously didn't oil or tighten or do what ever he should have done properly.

I did not watch the second innings of the match after our batting debacle and switched the pc off and could not believe what I was reading at the Cricinfo site.
Just as well I switched off or else I would have commited some kind of ABH on someone.
Reading the full commentary on cricinfo, I am amazed to see how close we got to win this match.

Why did he not preserve enough overs from the front line bowlers when he KNEW that the one of batting power plays were yet to be taken.

Ashraful is DEFINATELY not captain material and he has proved this on more than one ocassion.
Old January 16, 2009, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

He should sack as a captain...100% agree. He is not a genuine leader ..may be he is a good batsman but he is not a good captain.
Old January 16, 2009, 06:30 AM
Cricket Legend

We needed someone as a transitional captain post-Bashar and Ashraful was that guy. Now we need a real captain. Please, please, please get rid of Ashraful and bring a real captain, someone who has a cricketing brain and who doesn't have a brain fart every four minutes, someone who can lead from the front and show the boys how the game is played.
Old January 16, 2009, 06:34 AM
Cricket Legend

This is one instance where Bangladesh is very similar to Australia - They need to be kicked in the nuts 50 times to make a drastic change. Old timers like Ashraful will stay on like Basher and Khaled Mahmud despite the fact he has proven on too many occasions he sucks at captaining.
Old January 16, 2009, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I dont feel there is any need to sack him actually....It was a terrible terrible decision...a costly mistake...but I guess he can only learn from this experience and get better...Im sure he is kicking himself saying: 'Why on earth did I not continue with Shakib'....I mean really...who does that?....Its basic cricket knowledge....They were down and out! Go for the kill! They guy just got a double wicket maiden for crying out loud! and the entire Srilanka team probably fear him more than anybody....The guy even has a psychological edge on them....I cant get over this stupidity!...Great! Now im mad at him again!
Old January 16, 2009, 10:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
....It was a terrible terrible decision...a costly mistake...but I guess he can only learn from this experience and get better...
Had Ashraful were capable of learning from experience and past mistakes, he would have been one of the most prudent mind of the sport now. But that's not the case, is it?
Old January 19, 2009, 10:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by cric crazy
Not sacked from the team, but from the captaincy.

Ashraful is DEFINATELY not captain material and he has proved this on more than one ocassion.
add that as well. he is not as talented as people think. You can't give me a single example where a talented player scores like him. he shouldn't be in the team and he knows that. that's why he is not willing to give away the captaincy. remember what he said after the Aus tour??? if he is not the captain then automatically he will be out from the team.

Quote:
I dont feel there is any need to sack him actually....It was a terrible terrible decision...a costly mistake...but I guess he can only learn from this experience and get better...Im sure he is kicking himself saying: 'Why on earth did I not continue with Shakib'....I mean really...who does that?....Its basic cricket knowledge....They were down and out! Go for the kill! They guy just got a double wicket maiden for crying out loud! and the entire Srilanka team probably fear him more than anybody....The guy even has a psychological edge on them....I cant get over this stupidity!...Great! Now im mad at him again!
totally agreed man.

the fight back we have shown in the last 2 matches those are not for Ash's captaincy. our team did that only for our bowlers' performances. there is no credit for Ash.
Old January 16, 2009, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Take him out of the squad for 3 months and after that he can be just a batsmen.
Old January 16, 2009, 10:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default I don't blame Ash for this .....

I think he was trying to keep Sakib for the last over [atleast he thought this game would be decided on the last over].
Remember Ash made that decision at 45th Over and you are making that after the game is over ...... [eyesight is 20/20 on rear mirror]... kapish?
Old January 17, 2009, 01:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riad
I think he was trying to keep Sakib for the last over [atleast he thought this game would be decided on the last over].
Remember Ash made that decision at 45th Over and you are making that after the game is over ...... [eyesight is 20/20 on rear mirror]... kapish?
yeah, i don't blame ash.

remember it was a team decision to bowl rubel in the third powerplay. so, it's not his fault or lack of brain-storm that he kept him for that and had not kept guys like mash and nazmul. i also believw that if mash had been there and had somehow been giving runs, these fans would once again try to sack ash, reminding us the 18-run last over of mash against zimbabwe-- a fact that they seem to have totally forgotten for now. and i also remember these fans being over-excieted at rubel's clinical dead bowling at the end of the last match when he took four wickets. none raised their voice then. just remember one thing, it is always easy to carp from outside the scene or after the horse has been bolted. it is the captain, in this case, ash, who had to take the decision on the field on that very moment and he favored his intution, which is a thing the most successfull captains in the cricket arena like imran khan and steve waugh had also done many times.

if i were the captain, i would have bowl rubel in the 46th over for sure. on the 48th over, probably i would have gone for mahmudullah. however, the decision could go either ways. i think ash did not take the risk of bowling a bowler for the first time in the match on the 48 th over in such a tight situation. yeah, he took the risk of bowling rubel. but you had to take either of the two risks. he chose the one with rubel, whom he belived after his brilliant show after the last game. also think, if rubel had got murali in the 48th over and won us the match, what impact it would put on him. he would have known that even after being thrashed so much badly, his captain had kept faith on him. as a captain you must take care of many many things, and this way of supporting your bowler is one of these. i liked ash not blaming rubel after the match. if i were the captain, i would certainly bowl rubel in the death over of the very next match, i would play. captaincy is not a scince , it is an art and there are many ways to perform it.

finally, be proactive. take the positives from the last match, which is to many in number compared to the number of negatives in it whereas you are just picking up the negative. mark my word, if you keep ashraful in the captaincy, we would certainly start to win test matches at the end of this year and start to win odi's quite regularly.
Old January 16, 2009, 10:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

No! No! Atleast I was screaming my lungs out as soon as he changed Shakib for Rubel!...Its on the match thread!!....Thats the thing.....At that time I or nobody knew Murali was gonna do what he did...It could have happened to any bowler...but WHY change Shakib....?...What sort of a captain would think of bowling the 50th over when the opposition has 2 wickets in hand with 5 overs left...It was powerplay...If it went to the 50th over u would think Srilanka will win anyways! Why not kill the game off!!! Why?
Old January 16, 2009, 10:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
.....but WHY change Shakib....?...What sort of a captain would think of bowling the 50th over when the opposition has 2 wickets in hand with 5 overs left...It was powerplay...If it went to the 50th over u would think Srilanka will win anyways! Why not kill the game off!!! Why?
Situation was 35 runs required in 5 overs with 2 wickets in hand. The way SL was batting it was not far fetched that the game could be decided in the last over.

Who were the bowlers left?
Shakib one over
Naeem one over
Rubel three overs. 7 for 20 runs till that point.
46---------------47-----------48------------49------------50
Rubel - Shakib/Naeem - Rubel - Shakib/Naeem - Rubel.

At least that is what Ash may have thought. 20 runs leaking in one over when he gave 20 runs in previous 7 overs is no captain could think. Since he didn't use Mahmudullah in the middle overs he was stuck. Bringing in a new bowler at that time would be a bigger gamble than giving rubel a shot. Afterall he cleaned up SL tail in the last game.

Hope you can shift the anger more to upset mode now.
Old January 16, 2009, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Situation was 35 runs required in 5 overs with 2 wickets in hand. The way SL was batting it was not far fetched that the game could be decided in the last over.

Who were the bowlers left?
Shakib one over
Naeem one over
Rubel three overs. 7 for 20 runs till that point.
46---------------47-----------48------------49------------50
Rubel - Shakib/Naeem - Rubel - Shakib/Naeem - Rubel.

At least that is what Ash may have thought. 20 runs leaking in one over when he gave 20 runs in previous 7 overs is no captain could think. Since he didn't use Mahmudullah in the middle overs he was stuck. Bringing in a new bowler at that time would be a bigger gamble than giving rubel a shot. Afterall he cleaned up SL tail in the last game.

Hope you can shift the anger more to upset mode now.
Agree with you Tigers_eye bhai. I would blame Ashraful for NOT trying Riyad earlier in the game. He was relying too heavily on young Rubel to succeed at the slog overs. The strategy to rely heavily on Rubel was not smart...

The other things at the 45 over mark was the high asking run rate... we did not need to get a wicket at that point with short and agressive deliveries, we could have just choke them and forced them to make a mistake.

BTW, just imagine being in Rubel's position, his confidence is totally shattered. I feel bad for this young prospect. Remember how masrafee was shattered for concede a game to zimbabwe in the last over.
Old January 16, 2009, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Default Tell me who'd replace Ash and I will sign!!!

The typical fan base support is always to give captaincy to the player that’s most prolific when current captain is not performing with his bat or ball and/or with his brain and balls. We wanted Bashar to go, we got it and we then got Ash as captain whose performance only went down the drain, not that his performance or the way he bat was all that good before he was the captain but it went bad to worse. Since his ability is forever ruined (I hope I am wrong), let’s not do that to another upcoming player, like Shakib who is enjoying his best form till date, by appointing him as a captain of BD. To be honest, without him I don’t see any one else, other than Mushfiq with previous leadership experience, leading the team from the front. May be we should keep faith that Ash would certainly come around, if not as a batsman may be as a leader, and lead the team to a positive direction but let’s not kill all our potential players with the extra burden of leadership.
Old January 16, 2009, 10:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

I agree we should sack Ash and bring back Bash(ar).
Old January 16, 2009, 10:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
I agree we should sack Ash and bring back Bash(ar).
Salam,
Why waste another spot? I would understand if you had said Mohammad Rafique.
Old January 16, 2009, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

je lao shei kodu!
Old January 16, 2009, 02:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Salam,
Why waste another spot? I would understand if you had said Mohammad Rafique.
Wa alaikum as-salam,

T_E bhai, what about sarcasm 101?
Old January 16, 2009, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

singed.
Old January 16, 2009, 11:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

I agree
Old January 16, 2009, 11:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Sign me in also.

Just let me know what I need to do, I will do my part to get rid of this Raam Chagol from this team who is milking this team for almost a decade.

Its not one bowling change, ... its not one game.... its not one series...this is going on for years after years.... he is the proven 'delhi ka ladoo' in our team... you regret either way... and the team continue to bleed under his leadership.

There are somthing in life that you cannot teach a player, either you have it or you don't... and you should be able tell it (even as a fan) by watching him few years in the national team, i.e. who 'who have it' and who 'don't have it'. I am not talking about the technical skills... I am talking about 'who is learning and not making the same mistake again and again', 'who is growing slowly' ....who is maximizing his god give skills and opportunity... players have off forms and on forms and that’s ok.... and that shouldn't be confused with what I am saying.

I saw other threads about Ash's captaincy in last match. Most of the people are focused too much on the last few overs and how he handled the overs. But the problem with Ash's Captaincy is much deeper, I believe. As one member (I think its cricket_pagol), mentioned he didn't had any plan 'B' or 'C' by not using his 6th bowler (Mahmudullah, Ash). And I believe that is the bigger problem with his Captaincy (like Bashar). He failed to used all available resource i.e. using his 6th bowler for 1/2 overs in the middle of the innings to open up more options at the end of the game, in case he needs it. I have seen this quite a while, either he uses his 6th bowler too much (6/8 overs in few times) or not use his 6th/7th bolwer at all (most of the time). To create more options for him at the end of the innings, what he need to do is just use his 6th bowler for 1 to 3 overs. In this game he had two established bowlers in Mashrafee and Sakib (sort of). But then he had 3 pretty new bolwer with yet to establish a track record about their reliability. Then he had Ash/Riad as his 6/7 th bowler. I would say its pretty stupid strategy to go with only 5 bowlers and using up Mash and Sakib well ahead before we bowl our last few overs.

And there is where I see an example where Ash is failing as a captain to fully utilize all his resources and have a good game plan. That’s why I think there is no one but himself to blame for not having any option left for him at the and end of the innings.

Another example: In a game against ZIM he didn't used a slip in the early stage of the game and missed few opportunities early in the game (two/three of the went for fours). In a spinner friendly pitch he won the toss but decided to bowl and then set up defensive field too early is moronic captaincy at best.

Am I mad at Ash for that? No... not at all. I am beyond that.... I don't have any unrealistic expectation from him as I know what he is capable of doing and what he is not. I don't confuse "Liakot Ali" with "Jutar Kali" or with "Agor Tola" with "Chokir Tola".

People say we don't have any alternatives. I disagree. I think there is couple of players who can do a better than the idiot that we have right now.

We need to remove this cancer from this leadership position the sooner the better. With a cancer in the top, nothing good will come consistently....people tend to follow the leader...try to learn from the leader... with a young team like us..... the cancer is not removed ...all our new players will be infected with had habits and traits.
Old January 16, 2009, 12:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

I m in for it.....lets give him a good break and by then he can get his head right
Old January 16, 2009, 12:35 PM
Club Cricketer

Drop him from the captaincy, not the team..

He is embarrassing and a school-grade cricketer could have made a better decision about Rubel at the death today..

Just the way he reacts when he gets out, practicing his shot over and over again as he walks back just makes him look so immature.. He hasn't learnt anything...
Old January 16, 2009, 12:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

the personaly animosity of the fanbase against ashraful is sad, pathetic, disgusting and reflects just as poorly on the character and mental weakness of the fans and BC members involved as it does on ashraful playing his idiotic reverse sweeps when the team needs a partnership from their captain.

#OneTeam1Dream