facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old April 23, 2009, 04:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Default The Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

Well I guess I'll start this thread off with some GREAT news about the Falcons. WE GOT TONY GONZALEZ!!!! And the funny thing is that all we gave up was NEXT YEAR's 2nd round pick! Experts are saying that the Falcons now truely have a top 5 offense. If we can sure up the defense through the draft, Falcons will be strong Superbowl contenders!

Oh and btw, the draft is in a couple of days in case no one knew .
Old April 23, 2009, 04:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Guaranteeing falcons will not win division this year.
Old April 23, 2009, 09:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Raiders Raiders Raiders!! It is time....
Old April 28, 2009, 12:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Raiders Raiders Raiders!! It is time....
aie kotha ta mone hoi apnar mukh theke amar jonmer porer din theke shunchi...
Old April 26, 2009, 01:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Mark Sanchez
Old April 27, 2009, 10:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Picking 32nd is no fun, but such is the life of a champion..oh well..getting used to it..
Old April 27, 2009, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Definitely one of the wackier drafts I've followed. The Bengals had by far the best time out there, but a couple of other teams (namely the Lions and Eagles) came out of it looking pretty good too. I've given up on predicting Patriot picks because BB is so far beyond any other think tank out their that it makes it utterly useless. I dont have a clue how things will pan out, but I'm not minding the Brandon Tate, Patrick Chung and Julian Edelman picks. I would have loved to see Pat White in a Patriots jersey though ...

Btw, who else thinks Al Davis is going senile? Its almost like hes got an active intent to ruin the Raiders franchise... Drafting some guy named Michael Mitchell, in the SECOND ROUND! Why not just draft Usain Bolt in. Its obvious thats what Davis' definition of the ideal football player is...
Old April 28, 2009, 10:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Farhad

I know. Al Davis is beyond senile. Their second round pick was not on any board. They could have signed him as rookie free agent after the draft. He likes VERTICAL! How could they pass on Crabtree? Raiders are a joke.

I feel your frustration with Pats picks. Same here with Steelers. Good teams have to be smarter and since their picks are always in later halves of each round ( barring trades ), most picks are picks who are picked not as immediate starters, but somewhere down the line in future. Contrary to the likes of Lions, Bengals etc.their picks are expected to start and help right away. I wanted Percy Harvin, but he was gone by the time we picked.
Old April 28, 2009, 11:47 AM
Cricket Savant

I am not here to defend Al but the Raiders main problem is themselves. I mean players. discipline nai bollei choley. Er shathey crabtree add hoiley it would be party all the time in the locker room with negative output on the field.

But I can't get over Maclin. He was the steal of this years draft and Raiders missed the boat. This season could have been the best season for the Raiders. They won 4 of the last five games. Kansas City, they need two more drafts like this to start winning. Broncos rebuilding QB issue, Chargers still an 8-8 team.

This year was the promise year yet Raiders failed. Usain Bolt would have been better pick in the second round for sure. I think he is practicing with the raiders. 6'5" with that speed ummm!!!!

I am strating to think like Al. It rubs off you know.
Old August 19, 2009, 10:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I am not here to defend Al but the Raiders main problem is themselves. I mean players. discipline nai bollei choley. Er shathey crabtree add hoiley it would be party all the time in the locker room with negative output on the field.
Raiders source of problem is in the top, the senile Al Davis. This is the 2nd year coaches fight with each other. If that is the case, how you can bring discipline in the team? Enough is enough TE, its time to jump off the sinking ship... start supporting a better managed team like Steelers, NY Giants, Pats or Raven. There is more satisfaction supporting a well planned well run team than a chaotic team like Raiders or Deadskin.

As for Giants, I am predicting again a 11+ plus win season and will go to NFC championship. Last few years Giants picked excellent quality players in draft. This team is full of young talent who will continue to grow for next few years. There is 3/4 players in this draft, who will end up playing meaningful games at the end of the season. Only negative Giants have is unproven young receivers. But the defence will surprise lots of people who are not following the Gaints.

As for Raven, I like their young QB and I like their young head coach. And as usual they have solid defense. They will have some tough competition, but I think they will give a good fight in AFC.

Last edited by Fazal; August 19, 2009 at 10:48 PM..
Old April 28, 2009, 12:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Uhh..T_E, but don't you think its up to the franchise to evaluate discipline problems of a player? If you keep on picking players with baggage simply because he fits the renegade Raiders style, in a way you are encouraging that type of behavior. So, the buck stops with the owner and not the individual player. Bengals are another franchise that has players that can't stay away from trouble on and off the field. Intersetingly, both of them are bottom fed franchises in NFL.

Get used to watching Crabtree light it up across the Bay! Chargers will easily win the division and should win at least 11 games.
Old May 6, 2009, 08:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Favre --> Vikings?

How much Favre is too much Favre?
Old May 6, 2009, 10:23 PM
Cricket Sage

aie buira ki aie jibone oboshor nibe nah??
Old May 7, 2009, 10:10 AM
Cricket Guru

He has become a joke. I am sick of hearing about him everyday.
Old July 5, 2009, 12:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

lol @ Brett Favre
Old July 7, 2009, 03:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Sad week for the Titans and Baltimore francise. More like wakeup call for the players on whom they hang around. Steve McNair was shot dead in one of the condomonium he visited. His GF was shot also (dead).
Old August 15, 2009, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

NFL Season has officially begun! Or the preseason anyway. Cant wait! The Pats roster is even more stacked this time around compared to the 2007 season. I sense good things to come...
Old August 15, 2009, 03:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Getting ready for another season. Feels great to be on the top of the mountain, looking down at 31 other teams trying to catch up. Yeah..match Six Superbowls first...The greatest franchise of all time is ready to defend its title.

Go Steelers..
Old August 18, 2009, 01:53 PM
Cricket Guru

tuh duh..

the rodeo clown Brett Favre is back again, conveniently after the training camp is over, to sign with the Vikings.
Old August 18, 2009, 06:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Any TB Bucs fan here? I think I may be the only one in this forum. I expect a very tough season ahead for the Bucs. With Garcia gone and no proven quarterback amongst the rank to make up his contribution compounded by an aging defense that appears a shadow of the indomitable past, salvaging even 6-7 wins may be a difficult task. I haven't seen much of the Buc's first round draft pick, Josh Freeman but much of offense's future hope resides with his development as a QB. Rahim Morris the first year head coach takes over the reign from the superbowl winning coach John Gruden. Enough said, let the season begin.

Beamer, what's going on with Big Ben? Plenty of shady rumours circulating in the media about his off field antics. Can he still chuck it with these allegations lurking in his mind? How many TDs does he throw this year? Or better yet how many times does he get sacked?

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; August 18, 2009 at 06:20 PM..
Old August 18, 2009, 09:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
Any TB Bucs fan here? I think I may be the only one in this forum. I expect a very tough season ahead for the Bucs. With Garcia gone and no proven quarterback amongst the rank to make up his contribution compounded by an aging defense that appears a shadow of the indomitable past, salvaging even 6-7 wins may be a difficult task. I haven't seen much of the Buc's first round draft pick, Josh Freeman but much of offense's future hope resides with his development as a QB. Rahim Morris the first year head coach takes over the reign from the superbowl winning coach John Gruden. Enough said, let the season begin.

Beamer, what's going on with Big Ben? Plenty of shady rumours circulating in the media about his off field antics. Can he still chuck it with these allegations lurking in his mind? How many TDs does he throw this year? Or better yet how many times does he get sacked?
Nothing going on. Some body is out to make a quick f.., sorry, buck. What antics? All athletes to some degree mess around with women. No big deal. Once again, Steelers are not about how many TD's or sacks. Seems like lesser franchises and their fans are more worried about that and their fantasy points. . We only care about W's and Superbowl ( remember that thing he won despite all that hating from you early on ).

BTW, nobody is anywhere near the shady rumorville that is your beloved Montreal Canadiens. Gambling, hanging out with mobsters, you name it..
Old August 18, 2009, 07:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Who is the bigger joke? Mike Vick or Brett Favre?
Old August 18, 2009, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
Who is the bigger joke? Mike Vick or Brett Favre?
Your sig.

It definitely Favre.
Old August 18, 2009, 10:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Go queers!....err 49ers!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 19, 2009, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

I'm gonna stick my neck out there and ask you guys to keep an eye out for Julian Edelman, a seventh round pick out of Kent State. I sense big things from him (if not this year, maybe the next). I've got a feeling he's going to turn out into something pretty special.