facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 8, 2009, 03:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Latif admits cheating at Multan

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=113299

Has anyone seen the interview on Desh TV?
Old November 8, 2009, 03:09 PM
Cricket Legend

we knew it
Old November 8, 2009, 03:30 PM
Banned

pakis cheated us out of victory in both of those tests. It has been public knowledge for us ever since. Kana-baba (Ashoka) helped out with his inept umpiring also.
Old November 8, 2009, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Why is faking a catch considered cheating? It happens in Baseball and American Football all the time.
Old November 8, 2009, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
Why is faking a catch considered cheating? It happens in Baseball and American Football all the time.
because in football games its part of the strategy, but in cricket its cheating..

havnt seen a fake catch in baseball though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
We should move on, no matter how many confessions that guy or any of the other players playing that match make, it won't change the result of the game. Instead of crying over the past we should learn from it and look into the present and future of our game. There will be a time when teams won't win even if they cheated against us
i absolutely agree.. its sooo old.. why bring this up now?? forget it..
Old November 8, 2009, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
because in football games its part of the strategy, but in cricket its cheating..

havnt seen a fake catch in baseball though..

i absolutely agree.. its sooo old.. why bring this up now?? forget it..
Its strategy in cricket as well. In baseball, its called "trapping". Its usually done by Outfielders when they roll over after making a diving catch. That way the ball may hit the grass but it will be tough for the Umpires to see it.

I just don't see how Cricket expects the players to tell the truth in those types of plays. If the player just admits that he didn't catch the ball, then I don't think he is trying hard enough to win. If anyone is at fault, it should be the Umpire for not seeing that Latif did not catch the ball. I mean you don't see a guy in Baseball who is called "safe" tell the Umpire that he was actually out. that would be ridiculous.
Old November 8, 2009, 08:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Its strategy in cricket as well. In baseball, its called "trapping". Its usually done by Outfielders when they roll over after making a diving catch. That way the ball may hit the grass but it will be tough for the Umpires to see it.

I just don't see how Cricket expects the players to tell the truth in those types of plays. If the player just admits that he didn't catch the ball, then I don't think he is trying hard enough to win. If anyone is at fault, it should be the Umpire for not seeing that Latif did not catch the ball. I mean you don't see a guy in Baseball who is called "safe" tell the Umpire that he was actually out. that would be ridiculous.
Yes, it can be, Rommel, depends on the player involved.

Best example: in the 5th ODI between BD and zim last week, Coventry was chasing the ball going for a boundary, he stopped the ball but it barely touched the boundary line. Conventry, a man of sportmanship, did not throw the ball to the wk, he was holding the ball as an acknowledgement that the ball really touched the boundary line, and it is a FOUR.

Hat's off to Coventry, for his tremendous sportsmanship and committment to the game.
Old November 8, 2009, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun

Best example: in the 5th ODI between BD and zim last week, Coventry was chasing the ball going for a boundary, he stopped the ball but it barely touched the boundary line. Conventry, a man of sportmanship, did not throw the ball to the wk, he was holding the ball as an acknowledgement that the ball really touched the boundary line, and it is a FOUR.

Hat's off to Coventry, for his tremendous sportsmanship and committment to the game.
Yea i saw that live. Great show of sportsmanship right there. I applaud him for that.
Old November 9, 2009, 02:40 AM
Banned

Quote:

So, I'm guessing you completely missed Coventry's not walking despite being clearly caught behind a couple of matches back? Even the Zimbabwean commentators were shaking their heads side-to-side, embarrassed by Coventry's efforts in hiding his out.
Old November 9, 2009, 07:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:

I watched most of the Zim games, they are lovely boys(except Price) and they played in the true spirit of the game even facing defeat.
Old November 8, 2009, 05:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Cheating is always cheating, regardless how nicely you put it. And that's not sportsmanship. But I am not surprised by Pak team. This Pak team is not the same as the team used to be, era of Imran khan, Javed Miandad, Wasim Akram and Waqar Yunus.
Old November 9, 2009, 12:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Are they saints ? or Cheat measurement units ?
Old November 9, 2009, 03:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
because unlike the americans the rest of the world aspires to higher standards
Old November 9, 2009, 12:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
BTW in THAT SAME TEST Rafiq stopped in his runup and found Salqlain out of his crease as he was backing up too much and the GREAT that RAFIQ is (which no pakku cricket can ever come close no matter how long they keep their beared) didn't ran him out. if he did it we could have won a test and he could have gotten lakh's of taka which he really needed as he grew up in the GETO. now take that PAKKU cheaters.

and don't mix with Baseball with cricket all base ball players takes stariod and now you will say why it should be banned?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old November 9, 2009, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
BTW in THAT SAME TEST Rafiq stopped in his runup and found Salqlain out of his crease as he was backing up too much and the GREAT that RAFIQ is (which no pakku cricket can ever come close no matter how long they keep their beared) didn't ran him out. if he did it we could have won a test and he could have gotten lakh's of taka which he really needed as he grew up in the GETO. now take that PAKKU cheaters.

and don't mix with Baseball with cricket all base ball players takes stariod and now you will say why it should be banned?

Not exactly on my list of "Rafiq's greatest acheivements" to say the least. It was a heinous crime to let an opportunity like that slip. Showed lack of understanding of the game of cricket, that if you let an opportunity go, you may not get another one for say 6 years, especially if you play for a so called minnow team. That said, he has done enough and has won enough matches for us to be considered one of the greatest cricketers we've produced. I'm not sure, in retrospect even he'd consider that decision at that particular moment one his best moves.
Old November 10, 2009, 01:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Not exactly on my list of "Rafiq's greatest acheivements" to say the least. It was a heinous crime to let an opportunity like that slip. Showed lack of understanding of the game of cricket, that if you let an opportunity go, you may not get another one for say 6 years, especially if you play for a so called minnow team. That said, he has done enough and has won enough matches for us to be considered one of the greatest cricketers we've produced. I'm not sure, in retrospect even he'd consider that decision at that particular moment one his best moves.

people have different views but the greats have the same....

he thought about the game and rules more than the win. we will get that win inshallah. But to able to show such composer in that kind of a moment shows something else.

Every one can try to get the win only the greats will do the right thing...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old November 10, 2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Because cricket is a gentle man's game!
Old November 11, 2009, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Latif was banned for a number of matches after faking that catch. So, here you know, in cricket, he could not say that it was umpire's duty to catch his misdeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahms
They are our Muslim brothers.
You should first be sure that they also consider you as a brother. As far as I know, Bangladeshi Muslims are not sachcha muslims to Pakistanis. 1971 was an attempt to make us sachcha muslims, killing all impure Bangali muslims and then raping our women to produce a new generation of pakistani products. It was a pity that they did not succeed; but it seems they did not fail 100% either.
Old November 11, 2009, 08:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
You should first be sure that they also consider you as a brother. As far as I know, Bangladeshi Muslims are not sachcha muslims to Pakistanis. 1971 was an attempt to make us sachcha muslims, killing all impure Bangali muslims and then raping our women to produce a new generation of pakistani products. It was a pity that they did not succeed; but it seems they did not fail 100% either.
Old November 11, 2009, 10:17 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanath Jayasuriya, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Latif was banned for a number of matches after faking that catch. So, here you know, in cricket, he could not say that it was umpire's duty to catch his misdeed.

I m not sure which side you're on. I hope you don't consider pakistanis to be proper muslims. And I also hope you don't believe that we r united to pakistanis becuz of religion. I think killing in the eyes of any god is a criminal act. So trying to purify bengali muslims is not their right. So please rephrase your comment, or try to correct me if I am wrong.
Old November 12, 2009, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
It was a pity for them, of course, not for us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist
I m not sure which side you're on. I hope you don't consider pakistanis to be proper muslims. And I also hope you don't believe that we r united to pakistanis becuz of religion. I think killing in the eyes of any god is a criminal act. So trying to purify bengali muslims is not their right. So please rephrase your comment, or try to correct me if I am wrong.
I was just mentioning the way pakis think. The comment needs to be read in a sarcastic mood.
Old November 8, 2009, 03:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Who cares. Whats the point of bringing this up now. Anyways, its the umpires job to figure out whether he was cheating or not.

When I first saw the title I thought it was about steriods or match fixing
Old November 8, 2009, 03:42 PM
Cricket Legend

We should move on, no matter how many confessions that guy or any of the other players playing that match make, it won't change the result of the game. Instead of crying over the past we should learn from it and look into the present and future of our game. There will be a time when teams won't win even if they cheated against us
Old November 8, 2009, 03:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

oi halare pidaaa
Old November 8, 2009, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshifan
oi halare pidaaa
Pidani maane? Halare dhoira raam dholai dimu! Matite felay dabramu halare!