facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 16, 2004, 05:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Default Who is our substitute Wicketkeeper?

With the current composition of players in the national pool, there is some competition in most of the positions expect for wicketkeeper. Is it because Masud is too good a player and selectors are happy with his performance? I was not happy with his performance in ICCCT, especially in the last game. What’s wrong to start selecting and grooming another wicketkeeper in the team of 15? In this way Masud will feel threatened and start performing better each and every game.

Other older players seems to play better when they are not automatic selection. No one should be automatic selection after this horrible performance.

Old September 16, 2004, 05:53 PM
Retired BC Admin

Dhiman Ghosh and Musfiqur Rahim have been grooming under coach McInnes. They are both sensational batsmen too. Dhiman from Dinazpur is 18 and Mushfiq, from Bogra is 16.

Edited on, September 16, 2004, 11:03 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Old September 17, 2004, 04:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

I think Dhiman Ghosh is perfect.
Old September 17, 2004, 05:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

yeah, dhiman gosh is a very good batsmen. probably his keeping is good too, but at the moment i dont want to see mashud replaced by anyone. he has a lot of experience and saved the team quite a lot of times when it was in deep trouble. i want him in the team right till he retires ( provided his performance doesnt drop dramatically)

Edited on, September 17, 2004, 10:42 AM GMT, by Mueid.
Old September 17, 2004, 07:27 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

There is always Mohammad Selim who can replace Pilot right now if Pilot continues like he did in the WI match in the ICC Champions Trophy, but I think it is quite unlikely that Pilot will continue showing poor form and lack of discipline.
Old September 17, 2004, 08:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Just to be clear, I am not asking to replace Masud right now, but just to add another wicketkeeper in the final 15. A healthy competition never hurts.

btw, where is Selim? How good is his wicket keeping and batting? Any one seen him in action?
Old September 17, 2004, 08:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
There is always Mohammad Selim who can replace Pilot right now if Pilot continues like he did in the WI match in the ICC Champions Trophy, but I think it is quite unlikely that Pilot will continue showing poor form and lack of discipline.
... yes every player looses concentration in one or two matches sometimes.. its really nothing serious as i also think. The best thing about Pilot is his wholehearted presence in the match and also his valuable batting ability in the mid order..

As for the coming times... probably Dhiman Ghosh has shown capabilities like Pilot.. with his WK+dependable Batting strength.
Old September 17, 2004, 08:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

As for makig life more competitive for Pilot they can have Dhiman in the side purely as a batsman, and let the young man keep in a couple of practice matches. That should keep Pilot on his toes.
Old September 17, 2004, 09:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

how about Hannan Sarkar as wicketkeeper in the ODI's to challenge Pilot, Hannan has kept wicket before. Look at dravid for India. Another option worth looking at which will give the team more options.
Old September 17, 2004, 10:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

I see no reason to put pressure on Pilot. Bad score in one game do not constitute bad form, in my humble opinion.
Old September 17, 2004, 09:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

please do not mislead bangladesh cricket by posting topic like this..... while every experties are blaming us for replacing experienced cricketer that time u guise r asking for another experienced replacement....... pilot is one of the best odi cricketer for bd cricket.....he saved our blush severel times.....bd cricket owe to him........this time i agree with bhobishot; one bad day doesnt matter tht he is gone.......
Old September 17, 2004, 10:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Who is talking about replacing him? No need to get emotional about this He is definitely the best wicketkeeper-Batsman we have currently. But God knows, everyone can improve...yes! even he can! I believe nothing keeps one going like some competition. Besides someone like Dhiman can make the team purely on the strength of his batting once he matures mentally. He can be Pilot's understudy. Look at Sri Lanka. they have Kalu and Sangakarra coming together at times.
Old September 18, 2004, 01:16 PM
Test Cricketer

The best wicket-keeper batsman ? The best batsman period.

Maybe not through ability but, by jove, he is the only one who does not sell his wicket cheaply.
Old September 18, 2004, 04:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

Dhiman is the man..who can change the fortune of Banlgadesh
If given a chance he can shine with the bat and gloves to transform Banlgadesh's status ....umm in other words he is a good replacement for Pilot..in due time..he still needs to be groomed, which I feel Coach McInnes is doing perfectly.
Old September 18, 2004, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
bhai re bhai pilot is a human not a robot. akta match a just kharap korse. tai bole oke bad diye dite hobe naki. or moton committed ar duita player ase naki dole. ajob shob public..........no patience at all. mone hoi je notun player niye ashlai shob shomoshha shomadhan hoye jabe.
Old September 19, 2004, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

How about Mushfiqur Rahim the 16 year old. Maybe a little young. But most of the team is that age at the moment. Just jokes
Old September 19, 2004, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
As for makig life more competitive for Pilot they can have Dhiman in the side purely as a batsman, and let the young man keep in a couple of practice matches. That should keep Pilot on his toes.
Yeah... Gilchrist was originally in the Australian side as a Batsman, while Healy was still keeping.