facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 17, 2012, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Default Bd XI Based on Fielding Only.

Like the title says, a Bd team selection where fielding is the only criterion.

This is a re-post because the original was lost due to server problems ( according to Zunaid), thankfully I had the words saved on a word document. Apologies to those who had already commented. I did make use of those comments however and felt that Mortaza was truly an unworthy inclusion judging by a few people’s justifications. Hence, I replace him with Rubel in this list. The others remain intact, as I’m unmoved in my selection.

Without further ado…….

Shawardi Shuvo- Great quick fielder. More importantly has that mindset to dive around, probably because he is from a newer generation, more influenced by modern high flying ODI fielding.

Imrul Kayes
-Every team needs someone handy in the slips. He’s that guy for us. Pretty reliable at the slips.

Nasir Hossain
- Fantastic fielder. Wants the ball to come to him. Good athleticism with pickups, throws, and catches.

Shakib Al Hassan
- Is there anything this man can’t do? Great motivated fielder and a master of catching from his own deliveries. Has done it many times in the past, including in this recent Asia Cup.

Farhad Hossain
- Amazing fielder. Very underrated in my opinion. Like Shuvo, he also seems to have that high octane mentality, always wanting to throw himself around. In one of the matches in ICL, he was devastatingly quick to run to the ball, turn around, and knock out the stumps with a razor sharp throw. One of my favorite moments. You normally don’t see such quick reaction from a Bengali player.

Dhiman Ghosh
- You would be lying to yourself if you don’t believe he’s is a far better keeper than Mushifiqur will ever be. Natural rhythm of getting behind every ball and very sturdy behind the stumps. Has made very few errors which speak for itself. Best keeping skills ever in the Bd team.

Shafiul Islam
- Nice fielder. What can I say, constantly holds his nerves to keep raking up catches and has a good arm on him too.

Alok Kapali
- Quick, great shot stopper. But nevertheless, was the hardest pick to make this selection because I’m simply having a memory block as to his catching ability. But for a South Asian team that bit a field aggression gets him a spot.

Rajin Saleh
- Despite his obvious height disadvantage, this guy was quick. Great catcher, shot stopper, overall a pretty solid fielder.

Rubel Hossain
- Thoroughly energetic in all his efforts. Great dives near the boundaries to save runs, and like any fast bowler has great arm.

Tamim Iqbal
- Surprise! You normally just associate the guy with batting, but he has been reliable enough as a fielder to steal a spot in this list. Probably the slowest guy along with Kayes in this selection, but takes enough catches regularly. Also took my favorite catch from a Bengali Cricketer ever, remember the superman one handed clincher against Sri Lanka?

Batting Line up:
T. Iqbal
I. Kayes
R. Saleh
S.A. Hassan
N. Hossain
D. Ghosh
A. Kapali
S. Shuvo
F. Hossain
R.Hossain.
S. Islam