facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 22, 2013, 02:38 PM
Street Cricketer

Default my experimental team for odi series in srilanka

Keeping in mind that Bangladesh is still going through team building process and numbers of raw talent or seasoned players is still queastionable, I would suggest that we should look forward by taking new talents in the team, experimenting with them cautiously and setting a time frame to complete thiese process reasonably.
Having saying so my team for the series would be,in batting order,

1.T I khan (automatic choice)

2.Abul hassan.please dont be surprised, we dont have any other performer tested and reliable.bijoy lacks technique specially against pacers ,ashraful may not qualify for at least at this position because of his temperment problem, so why not trying a jaysuria kalu style?

3.Jahurul, again i want to refer to srilanka world champion squad, is omi able to play like gurusinha?

4.Mominul,he is a real prospect for us I believe, but his tendancy of playing rush shot, playing across and less selectiveness of balls makes me to put him after Jahurul.

5.Ashraful,after pacers' opening overs already spent (as expected) he may be able to show innings building performane, moreover after test innings of 190 he should get some chance.

6.Mushfique,(automatic choice)

7.Bijoy, surprised again? I am explaining my points.Many of our raw talented batsmen failed because they were tried as openers even if they were not groomed enogh and thats why weak when facing quality pace bowling.Imrul is in my eyes a classic example of this dilema.I believe he could be a very good middle order batsman.I found Bijoy is reasonably good against spinners and old ball pace.Also his scoring rate is good.For me he is a good late order batsman for us.

8.Nasir, (automatic choice)I believe he is capable to play the role of match finisher ,matured,able to play as per situation and solid in our players' context.

9.Gazi,(automatic choice)very talented although still needs to be properly groomed,He gives us variety in bowling department.

10Abdur Razzaque,(automatic choice)

11.Taskin,he comes in my mind because Rubel bowls without thinking, to me he lacks cricketing sense,Taskin may be our great prospect in near future.

Note:Riyad lovers please do not get your heart broken, he often falls in the trap of opponent captain, i,e, when run is required, bowling is tight, but he is stuck up, again when wicket saving is necessary he jumps and gets out.moreover he lacks fighting attitude, he is also fragile in tough situation, remember the happenigs in the last over against pakistan last year, he could not charge a single delivery, then took a single which sent Razzaque in strike and we all know what happened next, same happened on the day of our historic win against England, although unexpectedly Shafiul sparked. believe he is a total loss investment in the slot of match finisher.(i.e. no 7 who generally play with tail enders)

Return of injured players will change the complexion of my team