facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 10, 2013, 10:36 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Default A solution to end the current Political Crisis in BD?

I am opening this thread in the hope of generating a more constructive discussion on how we can end the current political turmoil which has made the lives of common people simply unbearable right now. What options can the government take and what should be the role of the opposition parties? How we should move to hold the elections and who should be our President are things we can discuss here.
Please lets not get into the vicious cycle of Pro AL vs Pro BNP, Conservative vs Liberal battles and personal attacks on this thread. We all love Bangladesh so lets talk about possible solutions and not who is to blame. Lets discuss about a road map from here on that can bring together our deeply divided country right now.

I will go first:
Steps for the Government:
i) rethink it's stance on caretaker government and initiate dialogue with BNP regarding this
ii) release key BNP leaders from Jail to create the environment for dialogue
iii) Bolster security in the capital and elsewhere in the country. Ensure that public property do not get vandalized even the day before a scheduled Hartal
iv) Investigate claims by Hefazat e Islam on harassment and killing of it's followers

Steps for BNP
i) Stop trying to take advantage of HI movement for political gains and make it's stance clear on the 13 demands
ii) Stop associating with Jamaat
iii) Stop vandalism and relentless stream of Hartals for the sake of poor people and the overall economy
iv) Move away from the singular "fall of government objective" to engage in dialogue with the government and negotiate the parameters required for a fair election