facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Is BCB taking Bangladesh Cricket down the gutter?
Yes 11 91.67%
No 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 21, 2018, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner
Default Is BCB taking Bangladesh Cricket down the gutter?

Is BCB taking Bangladesh Cricket down the gutter? Here are a few tell-tell signs that are really concerning me:

1. BCB is unable to find a competent coach. It’s been almost 6 months – still no progress. We keep hearing this name and that name. They keep dropping big name coaches with zero interest in leaving franchise leagues and coach BD. This is sheer incompetency of BCB.
2. The assignment of Khaled Mahmud as a technical director. His media outburst and pathetic performance as a coach.
a. Selecting 5 uncapped players and subsequently dropping them.
3. Why is the contract list cut down to 10? How many board of directors do we have again?
4. What happened in the domestic league? Why was Abahoni given priority in every expect during the league?
5. Pitch sanctions against Mirpur and Chittagong.
6. Lack of decision surrounding Afg series. BCB is all over the place. Here are some of the bits and pieces that came to news media:
a. Not sure if we will send the senior players. Senior players will be rested. What rest man! They did not play any international cricket since Nidhas trophy.
b. We don’t like the venue they picked in India. We want to play in Bengaluru or Kolkata. What.. would you rather play in Kabul?
c. We don’t want to play ODI series. We will play T20 series instead in preparation of WC T20! When is T20 WC again? Come on man... Afgs are much better T20 team than us. Last thing we need is thrashing by Afg team.

I am sure there are more things that are happening behind the scene or I did not follow. We cannot go down the same path as Zim or Kenya cricket board. I have been really worried with all these development and figured I should share it somewhere. Who knows... someone from BCB may see this and take some action before its too late.

Last edited by MarufH; April 21, 2018 at 05:02 PM..