facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 17, 2009, 03:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
BDFlag Save our women's cricket, Remove the craps! by BC's Kathbirali

Guys it's our very own BC member Kathbirali's own voice, she wrote this anonymously and she wants to maintain it! This is absolutely outragious that BD women's cricket is in the process of being ruins when we once not too long ago shone highly in Women's Asia Cup and other tournaments! As per ICC we, a full member nation is required to maintain top competitive women's cricket/league/comp in the country!
I am posting it with her permission!
This is her own personal experience and account! I believe her thoroughly and I have the highest of respect for her and what she means to the BD women's cricket team and the development of the women's cricket in BD! Brave Kathbirali is our own Joan d'Arc.
A few things to note is that at the very bottom of this post you see the long signature 'Long live BD Women's Cricket...." this is 'Kathbirali's own standard personal signature!

Today, 06:40 AM
Kathbirali
Club Cricketer Join Date: April 28, 2008
Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

Re: need ur help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save our women's cricket, remove the craps

After National Divisional Women's Cricket League and Club Cup Tournament held in Dec '08 and April '09 respectively, BCB selected 35 players including the earlier main squad of 18 players who played in Tri-nation series. The selection camp started on the 5th of June in Dhanmondi Women's Complex and still continuing. I wondered when came to know that there were more than 100 other players from different sports section residing at the same place. 5 players in a room with nothing other than a bed for each one to sleep only!!!; one single ground is being used for 4-5 different games i.e. cricket, football, kabadi, volleyball etc. Therefore, it is easily assumable that how the quality of food and living condition can be in such a place. They say, cricket is a royal game, while the cricket players are being treated as the poor peasants with no decent facility to stay there. This is a matter of disgrace for our women's cricket that a national camp is being run like this!!!

The players still can manage with this situation but what will they do with the (so called) lady coach (though she has completed level-2 training) who is unable to train the girls? Though, she is not the main coach, in no way she should be treated even as an asst. coach. With due respect, I would like to ask the authority that WHO HAS GIVEN HER THE CERTIFICATE OF PASSING LEVEL-A, LEVEL-1 & LEVEL-2????? Is cricket a matter of joke? Our girls do not need any lady coach if there is no capable one. Why this lady is appointed to the national squad? Only because it’s the women’s team and that she is a lady? Then appoint her as something else but not asst. coach. I have no personal conflict with anyone, but I love the BD Women’s team. Therefore, I want this team to have fair and essential supports. They need quality coaching, food, living atmosphere and of course mental tranquility.

Has our men’s team ever been treated like this? BCB hasn’t even paid the players the match fee and player of the match prize money in these latest tournaments (National league and club cup)!! Why our girls are being neglected to this extent? Most of the players are not from well-off families; in that case, why will a girl play cricket and why will the parents allow them if they see no benefit? Is women’s cricket only a show-off to ICC?? For heaven’s sake, promote these girls!

The primary selection of players for this camp is another farce. They got such player(s) who had not even played any match in the tournaments mentioned earlier. How she/they got primary selection then? If recommendations and phone calls start so early, no one should expect anything good from this team.

However, good news is that school tournament for girls is on and hopefully we will get new faces, new talents in near future if they are well patronized.

Therefore, it’s a request to BCB authority, please do not ruin our achievements, and do not let our women’s team down. Our girls have lots of potentialities, please utilize them. Be fair in your judgments and let the nation be proud of our women’s team. Treat them well and I am sure they will not disappoint us. Please do not get biased; Judge the players according to their merits, don’t be partial.

Please save our women’s cricket; remove the craps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Absolutely kathbirali apu! Go right ahead...if you don't do it nobody else would! It needs to be exposed at least to BC and then the world of BD cricket! ICC has a very strong commitment to women's cricket in all of it's full memebr nations, so even Pakistan being a hardlined Islamic country has to invest in women's cricket! And here we are, IN BD, where one would expect even more postive result of tournaments/leagues /age level you name it, etc. But no, sh!t never happens with BCB...even if you look deeply and that Bangladesh AL is in power, supposebly a pro-women's rights party, and the head of the state and the party chief is a woman, the ex-PM was a woman, so, I don't understand why women's cricket is highly neglected and discouraged in BD and we are not keeping our part of the commitment as a full member nation of ICC to do the basic minimum to prove that we are indeed take this seriously and are not dpriving our BD women of better cricket! It is a big mistake we are doing by not promoting women's cricket harder in BD, because clearly, The over-all country's cricket culture changes for the better if both my mother and father played cricket!
Kathbiriali apu, the best of luck to you and do your journalism and in exposing BD women's cricket's real situation and interview the ladies of cricket and write..!I am very proud of you!!
Go Bengali Tigress!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathbirali
BK bhaia, i need ur help to reveal the craps of our women's cricket. plz respond to my msg and let me know ur opinion.

twitter.com/bujheekom

Last edited by bujhee kom; June 17, 2009 at 03:26 PM..