facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 10, 2014, 09:49 AM
Cricket Sage

The less he open his mouth, the better it is for both: the team as well as for himself.

How can you trust Rahim that he will take care of the new players in the team, i.e. he will nurture the new players and divert the pressure from them? Rather it looks like is he throwing them under the bus, one-by-one, to divert the pressure from him and his buddies. Al-Amin, Zia, Sunny, Smamsur... one by one. Who is next?

Looks like basically he will do anything and everything to save his buddies, even it means throwing new players under the bus or creating caotic situation to team harmony. No wonder why siddenly team is playing like a dis-functional team, with quite a few players with bad body language, and load of dropped catches.

The young players are worried. they don't know who will be next in the line who will be sacrifised by the captain to hide his stupidity as a captain. Instead of some encouraging remarks to the reportter, which new player will be his target to redecule?

Its so sad that when Rahim was brought as a captain replacing Sakib, the main reason was his strenth as a unifier, some one who can bring back a team together instantly and in the meantime will learn and develop as a caption. Now he had completely lost his so-called strenght as a uniter, lost credibility to fans and young players, never really learned and developed as a captain.

Rahim is still very valuable as a middle order batsman. But if BCB take too much time replacing him from leadership role, I am afraid eventually we will lose both: a) Rahim the Captian as well as b) Rahim the player.

Old March 10, 2014, 10:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Now "deafeating Afganistan" has become target for Mushfiq??? That's how standard goes down. The should be. Wa are ahead in every sector compared to Afganistan. We will put 100%, And We will win. No need to bother about "revenge against afganistan" thingy. All Elite teams are scared of Bangladesh and Bangladesh is worried about Afghanistan?? height of Inferiority complex totally!
Old March 10, 2014, 10:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendulkar_Mcgrath
Now "deafeating Afganistan" has become target for Mushfiq??? !
And he is officially announcing it. There was not need for that, but he did it and un-necessarily created presure on him by publicly announing it.

I don't know what the point of it? if we win, no body will blink as (still) we are expected to beat an assocciate team. But if we lose again? Not only it would be a nes and abother heart broken loss, others would redicule him ( that means us).

Ekeyee boley mota buddhi. BCB need to enforce a gag order against him. let the coach, selector, manager, other senior players speak infront the media.

So far Rahim has proven that, he is leading amoung the "slow learning players" in his team that he said the other day in the media. Ekeyee bole leading by example.
Old March 10, 2014, 02:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
And he is officially announcing it. There was not need for that, but he did it and un-necessarily created presure on him by publicly announing it.

I don't know what the point of it? if we win, no body will blink as (still) we are expected to beat an assocciate team. But if we lose again? Not only it would be a nes and abother heart broken loss, others would redicule him ( that means us).

Ekeyee boley mota buddhi. BCB need to enforce a gag order against him. let the coach, selector, manager, other senior players speak infront the media.

So far Rahim has proven that, he is leading amoung the "slow learning players" in his team that he said the other day in the media. Ekeyee bole leading by example.
Bangladesh Cricket Team has psychological problems definitely. I don't know how many times I have to claim that in near future.
Old March 10, 2014, 02:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Mushfique should not be allowed to hold press conferences or interviews any longer. Muzzle him for good.
Dr. Z how come the captain has no communication protocol for these conferences ... I saw BCB medial personnel sometimes with him what is his job when attending the conferences?
Old March 10, 2014, 03:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

The bar is set so low that we have to get revenge over Afghanistan. Very immature statement I must admit.
Old March 10, 2014, 03:35 PM
Test Cricketer

What does he really mean by "revenge"?
Should we not try to win every game? So, a win against AFG is a revenge because we lost to them but a win against IND is what? Revenge, upset or just lucky?

C'mon Mushy, think first.
Old March 10, 2014, 03:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Words are wind.
Old March 10, 2014, 04:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Bangladesh Cricket Team has psychological problems definitely. I don't know how many times I have to claim that in near future.
What did Ravi Satsri say after losing 2007 WC match against us and before the India/BD series?

But yes ...premature. Someone needs to shut this guy up. He didn't say 'definitely' before saying the revenge word, did he?
Old March 10, 2014, 10:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I think Isam is also to blame for poor journalism. The team is in humiliating form, how hard is it to just focus on writing something else? Why is there a need to go and feed the beast? I'm sure it was Isam who was asking loaded questions "What are your thoughts about the big Afghanistan re-match?"

We are right now stuck in a stall in the ladies room with our pants down. Instead of ignoring the situation, Isam in all his wisdom has decided to take pictures, post it on instagram, and send everything viral. Pity because Isam is actually not a bad journalist. But his lack of shame is pissing me off.

Both he and Mushy need a muzzle.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 10, 2014, 10:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Hmmm!!! Yeah!! If you say so. 32/28/18 average.
Mushy is actually our best batsman by a good distance right now.

Technique - check
Range of strokes - check
natural ability - check
aestheticism - check
ability to graft - check
ability to milk easy runs - check
ability to accelerate and explode - check
ability in the clutch - check
determination - check
work ethic - check
mental toughness - check
physical toughness - check

Only batsman in Bangladesh history who checks ALL the boxes. I believe Mominul will be the second (he already is, but sample size is too small so far).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 11, 2014, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Jees guys.....give him a break!!!

No one is more under pressure than Mushy to taste some success this year including the upcoming T20 WC and our first game happens to be against AFG which is why he's focusing on them. If he talked about beating other teams in the main event then folks would be blaming him for looking to far ahead. Besides, anything can sound too raw and dumb if it's taken out of context which I think is the case here. He does make errors on the ground but stop dissecting every he says in a press conference or interviews.
Old March 11, 2014, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

No one is questioning him that he is focusing on game against Afghanistan... that' is actually the right thing to say which he did. The key mistake is mentioning "revenge". the article was published with that title. Blame Isam for taking things "out of context" then even though he did the interview.

But yes Mushy is under pressure, he should be. THere wasn't even a moment when we the fans stopped supported the team, we are all here because of that.....

But you can't expect us to say good job when you lose to Afghanistan.

yes we are focusing too much on the negative, i think Mushy does still have a lot of good captaincy qualities. Leaders are also doers, your lead by example, he is showing that. And I think him and coach should be given a lot of credit for the way they came back against Pakistan after the afghan loss. They way they batted, the body language was different as if to prove a point. I liked hat. However, equally he should be blamed for losing it, it was a match lost on strategy, not on "luck".

It's ok to lose, but not ok to be irresponsible.
Old March 11, 2014, 11:24 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I think Isam is also to blame for poor journalism. The team is in humiliating form, how hard is it to just focus on writing something else? Why is there a need to go and feed the beast? I'm sure it was Isam who was asking loaded questions "What are your thoughts about the big Afghanistan re-match?"

We are right now stuck in a stall in the ladies room with our pants down. Instead of ignoring the situation, Isam in all his wisdom has decided to take pictures, post it on instagram, and send everything viral. Pity because Isam is actually not a bad journalist. But his lack of shame is pissing me off.

Both he and Mushy need a muzzle.
This..I think Isam also needs to give these guys a break...I really didnt undertand the heading for the shakib interview too...once u highlight the mushfiq quoting something like revenge and then mention shakib asking to lower expectations u r definatley gonna create more confusion in the readers mind..

to a lot of ppl both these statements r contradictary...but if someone really knows these two they would know that the articles arent narrating the exact condition.,,

shakib was asking the nation not to expect us to win the tournament, while along with other things the afgan match is a sort of revenge game for the mushfiq which i think is pretty okay..

on mushfiqs side i think he is being a bit naive...he was probably asked about the afgan match being a revenge match or not, to which he probably restated what the journalist stated. his commented started by stating that afgan will be under pressure which gives the impression that the question was afgan centric...he replied accordingly...although he did mentioned the target is to cross first round..

i say its the journo at fault...

eating and typing wid a hand apologies for typos
Old March 11, 2014, 11:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Good point guys Isam really needs to be professional when posting these articles and use appropriate titles...we have enough distractions and media attentions/tensions and this does not help us at all
Old March 11, 2014, 04:14 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Didn't like Mushy's tone....
If Isam did ask a question like that the answer should be something like,
"Even if we won against Afghanistan, we would be equally if not more determined to win the game. We are hosting the tournament and as a host nation we are expected to win against everyone and anyone we face."
Old March 11, 2014, 04:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Didn't like Mushy's tone....
If Isam did ask a question like that the answer should be something like,
"Even if we won against Afghanistan, we would be equally if not more determined to win the game. We are hosting the tournament and as a host nation we are expected to win against everyone and anyone we face."
But I feel like we are over-analyzing the comments. We also don't know what tone was used. But we do know that our so called sport journalists writes more about off-field stuff than real game analysis. Because drama and controversy sells. BC FP articles (recent by Jeesh and Razab bhai) has immense depth and in details analysis of our team.

I am yet to see such thorough game analysis in any of the major dailies (few exceptions, such as the article questioning Mushy's field and use of Zia was a good one). We take whatever this hype creating journalist say for granted and then end up seeing the players through their subjective words. That's why nowadays I don't take this articles seriously.

See similar comments in both PA and in CricInfo

চাপটা নেওয়ার ক্ষমতাও আছে আমাদের। দেশে খেলা হলে আমাদের অনেক সমর্থন থাকে। আমার মনে হয়, এই সমর্থনটাই বেশি থাকা উচিত। প্রত্যাশার ভার খুব বেশি থাকা উচিত নয়। অনেকে বলে, ‘কাপ আসছে, যেতেই দেব না।’ হুটহাট এসব বলাটাও প্রত্যাশা বাড়িয়ে দেয়। আমরা সর্বোচ্চ চেষ্টা করব। (Prothom Alo)http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A7%9F%E2%80%99

"As the tournament is at home, we will have the support but there shouldn't be too much expectation," Shakib said. "I have heard people say, 'Let the cup stay at home.' But I think we have to tone that down a bit. (CRICINFO)http://www.espncricinfo.com/world-t2...ry/726839.html

Both gives slightly different impressions.
Old March 11, 2014, 05:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

mogo desher reporterra je shona jadu moyna, tao na...ora kaore paile, kochaite kochiate nari bhurir thika kotha ber koira sare..
Old March 11, 2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safaat
This..I think Isam also needs to give these guys a break...I really didnt undertand the heading for the shakib interview too...once u highlight the mushfiq quoting something like revenge and then mention shakib asking to lower expectations u r definatley gonna create more confusion in the readers mind..

to a lot of ppl both these statements r contradictary...but if someone really knows these two they would know that the articles arent narrating the exact condition.,,

shakib was asking the nation not to expect us to win the tournament, while along with other things the afgan match is a sort of revenge game for the mushfiq which i think is pretty okay..

on mushfiqs side i think he is being a bit naive...he was probably asked about the afgan match being a revenge match or not, to which he probably restated what the journalist stated. his commented started by stating that afgan will be under pressure which gives the impression that the question was afgan centric...he replied accordingly...although he did mentioned the target is to cross first round..
Your guess is my guess too! Mushy is being naive (as usual) and made the comment...not knowing the outcomes!
Old March 11, 2014, 08:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Now "deafeating Afganistan" has become target for Mushfiq??? That's how standard goes down. The should be. Wa are ahead in every sector compared to Afganistan. We will put 100%, And We will win. No need to bother about "revenge against afganistan" thingy. All Elite teams are scared of Bangladesh and Bangladesh is worried about Afghanistan?? height of Inferiority complex totally!
Agree with u there. That's what i was thinking, now we r talking about afganistan like we r playing against newzeland or westindies... Not sure what musy trying to prove... But i belive, afganistan will get hammared by bangladesh big time. I can feel it. They will jump against afg like a hungry tigers. I can scense musy"s hungry plate how big is it?
Old March 11, 2014, 08:52 PM
Cricket Sage

I see we started the usual tune, amader captain/player er kono dosh nai. Seriously guys? How long has our fearless leader been playing cricket for? After all these years, he still doesn't know how to respond to questions? And Isam is the one at fault for asking questions? Umm hello news flash that's Isam's job. So just because Isam is a Bangladeshi journalist, he should lay off our captain? So I assume if the same questions were asked by a "bideshi" journalist I guess that would make it ok.

I remember people were b******* when Isam was reporting regarding some of the negative things about BPL. As if somehow that was his fault. We always look for excuse to cover up our own mistakes.
Old March 11, 2014, 09:59 PM
Cricket Legend

How are you guys saying Isam spun the word "revenge" - you think Mushy did not use that word? why?
it is not like him ?

I don't get it.
Old March 12, 2014, 02:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I see we started the usual tune, amader captain/player er kono dosh nai. Seriously guys? How long has our fearless leader been playing cricket for? After all these years, he still doesn't know how to respond to questions? And Isam is the one at fault for asking questions? Umm hello news flash that's Isam's job. So just because Isam is a Bangladeshi journalist, he should lay off our captain? So I assume if the same questions were asked by a "bideshi" journalist I guess that would make it ok.

I remember people were b******* when Isam was reporting regarding some of the negative things about BPL. As if somehow that was his fault. We always look for excuse to cover up our own mistakes.
BPL reporting is one thing, that was real news of corruption. But the last several Isam articles and interviews have just made Bangladesh look silly. Surely thats not what CI is paying him to do is it? Then again, who knows...

Before the Afghan revenge and Shakib "tone down" articles there was the post crotch grabbing inteview with Shakib that also had a ridiculous title. Isam is doing a disservice to the team here.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 12, 2014, 07:34 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Mushfique should not be allowed to hold press conferences or interviews any longer. Muzzle him for good.
Muzzle?

Interestingly, he was a good leader and speaker when he first became captain. What happened?
Old March 12, 2014, 09:10 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Interestingly, he was a good leader and speaker when he first became captain. What happened?
the same thing that happens to everybody in Bangladesh who is sitting in an important position