facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 12, 2010, 09:35 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Road to top 5: Where does Bangladesh stand now?

Bangladesh coach believes Tigers have the potential to be ranked within top 5 within next few years. The ascendancy will start within next 2 years. Do you think we have the players to be a top 5 circket nation within such a short space of time?

Signs are there, but I think we lack firepower in bowling to be ranked above 8, forget top 5.

IMO, We need two quality fast bowler or fast medium bowler (better than Mashrafe or at least level par with him) to have any chance to start the ascendancy. Without a revamped pace department we will continue to be competitive but will struggle to win matches in all format.

I can see the signs of a world class batting department in Bangladesh, we have a world class spinner in Shakib, Mahmudullah has the potential in Tests and if Razzak can regain his sharpness in ODIs, we wil start winning matches against top teams provided we have a decent pace attack.

If I was in BCB, I would have carried out regular country wide talent hunt and sent 4-5 most promising U-15 to U-17 pace bowlers to Australia for 3-4 years long training in Commonwealth Bank Academy.

We are in desperate need of quality pace bowlers.

Last edited by Miraz; January 12, 2010 at 09:44 AM..