facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Associate ODIs Prediction Poll Thread
Bangladesh win 4-0 13 39.39%
Bangladesh win 3-1 5 15.15%
2-2 Failure 3 9.09%
Bangladesh 1-3 Embarrassment 2 6.06%
Bangladesh 0-4 Total Humialiation 10 30.30%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 19, 2010, 06:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Will We Lose Against the Minnows Too?

lots of doom and gloom these days...how will we fare against some of the top Associates when we play them in just one months time?

2-match series in Ireland, and then a pair of matches against Scotland and Netherlands in Scotland.

while i'm just as disgusted by the cowardly batting display by shakib, riyad, naeem, and most of all Ashraful, i think we're in one of those periodic low phases. this happens to all teams, just happens to us more frequently.

i for one am confident of getting out of it, and still feel we can make the 2nd round of the World Cup on HOME soil.

yes, these fantastic collapses need to be addressed, and i think Siddons can fix the problem soon enough.

but more worrisome is the defeatist attitude swirling around the team.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old June 19, 2010, 06:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

this thread will seperate the knee-jerkers from the calm and collected.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 19, 2010, 06:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Ami shubidhabadi tai 2nd optiontai vote dilam. Hoito aro kharap hote pare..i mean option 3 te o hote pare..
Old June 19, 2010, 06:44 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

It should be 4-0 in favour of Bangladesh. No question about that.

Anything less than that is a failure. However, I am not expecting 4-0, I will be happy with 3-1. I sincerely hope our freefall ends there, anything less than 3-1 will be complete humiliation
Old June 19, 2010, 08:21 PM
Cricket Sage

We might need our secret weapon SN back for this tour.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old June 19, 2010, 08:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
We might need our secret weapon SN back for this tour.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Not a bad idea..having a minnow basher seems like a pretty good idea now..at least he can bash weak teams which seems like what we need now..
Old June 19, 2010, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend

I expect ireland to win 1 game if not both,bangladesh is not real competitive now.
Holland is without detouschate who is injured watch out for aussie tom cooper,but expect bangladesh to win.
Scotland despite getting 200 vs england is inconsistent,so don't expect a win their.
Went for 3-1 win to bangladesh,realism.
Old June 19, 2010, 09:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

if ash is dropped ...... we will win all matches.

i hope by then mash and shafiul with some more games will sharpen up.

specially the warmups in england and the england ODI.
Old June 19, 2010, 09:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Kothin Proshno!
"Rurotom Bastobong, Kothina Bastobo Rurodra holeo Shottosri ebong Kothina!"
- Praachin Bangla Probad Bakko! Ancient Bengali Proverb! (Most likely Pre Paal-Gupta Dynasty)

Pure embarrassment it is for me, still support the team, as you just have to. Pathetic to say the least!@
I can't trust this team or this management + BCB with 2 cents!!! I fear we will lose all 4, unless we are a bit lucky there!!

Last edited by bujhee kom; June 19, 2010 at 09:31 PM..
Old June 19, 2010, 10:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Yes, minnow losing to a minnow... not so surprising.
Old June 19, 2010, 11:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
Yes, minnow losing to a minnow... not so surprising.
yes we have 2 accept the fact that we have the minnow tag still and until we start 2 completely dominate the other minnows AND start beating test teams on a regular basis then people will not call us minnows anymore..but we are far away from being that..
Old June 20, 2010, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

We have to win both matches against Scotland and Netherland.Ireland is a very competitive team and they will play in their home soil so if we lose 1 game against them it can be tolerable.So i have gone for 3-1 option.But i am sure Both ODI against Ireland will be a testing time for us.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 20, 2010, 01:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
"Rurotom Bastobong, Kothina Bastobo Rurodra holeo Shottosri ebong Kothina
apni to asholei bujhen kom ... ... ..
Old June 20, 2010, 01:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

No, Bangladesh will win. If lose than it will be just an upset like we beat Australia or Srilanka sometimes.
Old June 20, 2010, 01:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
No, Bangladesh will win. If lose than it will be just an upset like we beat Australia or Srilanka sometimes.
losing to Ireland would not be an upset to me
Old June 20, 2010, 03:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

I see a 2-2 disaster in the making. Maybe even worse.

With the current bunch, BCB management hits the lowest ebb, hugely responsible for current disaster. No bowling coach, not enough supporting staff for the cricketers (think ENG), hectic schedule leading not enough time for players to get used to cond etc..

All those big talk from Lotus Kamal: bringing superstars from foreign countries for coaching and advisors, spreading cricket all over the country, making better cricket facilities and structure for BD... all remain just big talks and no work. This is the worst BCB ever. Hence you see so many resignation, and no CEO...so that Lotus and company can steal freestyle and make BCB another BIMAN. Sigh! Is it the end of BD cricket?
Old June 20, 2010, 07:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
I see a 2-2 disaster in the making. Maybe even worse.

With the current bunch, BCB management hits the lowest ebb, hugely responsible for current disaster. No bowling coach, not enough supporting staff for the cricketers (think ENG), hectic schedule leading not enough time for players to get used to cond etc..

All those big talk from Lotus Kamal: bringing superstars from foreign countries for coaching and advisors, spreading cricket all over the country, making better cricket facilities and structure for BD... all remain just big talks and no work. This is the worst BCB ever. Hence you see so many resignation, and no CEO...so that Lotus and company can steal freestyle and make BCB another BIMAN. Sigh! Is it the end of BD cricket?

Completey agree! Big talk and no action. You guys are bashing the players relentlessly, but they had to interrupt a tour where the weather was much cooler, they were getting used to the temperate weather and boucy wicket, their bodies had gotten used to the time change, then flying back east with a 8 to 9 hour time difference, hot and humid conditions, flat wicket, BIG contrast, India, Pak and SL were already at home and used to these conditions. After all, they are human. BD here are at the biggest disadvantage where the teams are concerned.
Now, these poor boys have to get in a plane and return west with another 8 to 9 hours time change, to cooler climate and bouncier wickets. It will take anoher week before their bodies can adjust, your bodies and brains react slower when you cross many time zones, and I think this is what has happened to them, they have been too lethargic.
Old June 20, 2010, 07:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

zainab, can we cancel the WI tour then?
Old June 20, 2010, 08:10 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

I can still remember the day BD lost to baby Canada in South Africa.
Old June 20, 2010, 08:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Here is a projection of Bangladeshi fans around the world.

Totally blind fans.

al Furqaan, Baundule, Imteaz, nadim 98, Neel Here, nycpro96, offstump, Spitfire_x86, Tiger444, Tigers_eye, unda_bhai

These guys usually suffer from numbness and disbelief and are in total denial of the fact that Bangladeshi cricket is going downhill and continue to do so for the rest of the year. They cry everyday saying, 'I don't believe it.. it can't happen'.

One eyed blind fans.

brockley, M.H.Rubel, Miraz, Murad, zainab

These are so called bargaining fans who think that may be they will wake up and find things are not as bad as it appears. The team will do the right thing (just like they think before all other matches) and things will come the right way, perhaps not the perfect way but the right way.

Confused fan/s

Dilscoop

Guilt is what they suffer from. These fans say to themselves over and over, "If only they had or if only they had not.. " and ultimately accepting the fact that we are all human being and lets give our best and worst and call it a draw!

The Realist(s)

bujhee kom.

They suffer from Anger. It is a big factor which seems to be necessary in order to face the reality of life and then to get beyond it. They look for a glimpse of light even if it is a tiny one and hope that life will continue as normal.

Extreme realist (Depressed fans)

AsifTheManRahman, MohammedC, Nafi, rashed411, reyme, Roni_uk, salin, sksaad11

These guys are in belief that things will never be the same again but the life will go on to find meaning and purpose. They usually suffer from depression as they learn to accept the true reality.

So which one are you?

... ok this is Sunday afternoon and I am totally bored watching PAR v SLK match and decided to make fun of all of us by putting us in the phases of grief. Take the above light heartedly and ignore .

Good luck Bangladesh!
Old June 20, 2010, 10:32 AM
Cricket Legend

lol...we are still minnows so it doesn't matter
Old June 20, 2010, 10:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Here is a projection of Bangladeshi fans around the world.

Totally blind fans.

al Furqaan, Baundule, Imteaz, nadim 98, Neel Here, nycpro96, offstump, Spitfire_x86, Tiger444, Tigers_eye, unda_bhai

These guys usually suffer from numbness and disbelief and are in total denial of the fact that Bangladeshi cricket is going downhill and continue to do so for the rest of the year. They cry everyday saying, 'I don't believe it.. it can't happen'.

One eyed blind fans.

brockley, M.H.Rubel, Miraz, Murad, zainab

These are so called bargaining fans who think that may be they will wake up and find things are not as bad as it appears. The team will do the right thing (just like they think before all other matches) and things will come the right way, perhaps not the perfect way but the right way.

Confused fan/s

Dilscoop

Guilt is what they suffer from. These fans say to themselves over and over, "If only they had or if only they had not.. " and ultimately accepting the fact that we are all human being and lets give our best and worst and call it a draw!

The Realist(s)

bujhee kom.

They suffer from Anger. It is a big factor which seems to be necessary in order to face the reality of life and then to get beyond it. They look for a glimpse of light even if it is a tiny one and hope that life will continue as normal.

Extreme realist (Depressed fans)

AsifTheManRahman, MohammedC, Nafi, rashed411, reyme, Roni_uk, salin, sksaad11

These guys are in belief that things will never be the same again but the life will go on to find meaning and purpose. They usually suffer from depression as they learn to accept the true reality.

So which one are you?

... ok this is Sunday afternoon and I am totally bored watching PAR v SLK match and decided to make fun of all of us by putting us in the phases of grief. Take the above light heartedly and ignore .

Good luck Bangladesh!
Roni I am totally honored to be on your list..found this list hilarious..I could see why you list me in the blind list..I try to be positive because it seems people get way 2 upset and depressed here when we do bad..so when I see that I try 2 give everyone belief..I don't want to give up ever but of course I get frustrated but I will always have belief for our cricket..but you say that we are going downhill..last time I've looked we've been in this position for a long time..we've been a level or 2 ahead of the other minnows but a level or 2 behind the other test teams..I don't know why your saying we're going downhill..we've just not improved and thats where our problem has been and will be for a while..realistically with this BCB in place I highly doubt these dumb fools will improve our cricket..I've always maintained that our domestic setup and age level cricket has got 2 get better..we need foreign coaches 2 teach the basics of cricket so that when the guys reach the national team, they can learn different shots..we won't see much improvement unless we see this take place..we could get away with beating minnows with our structure but beating test teams regularly requires proper planning and structure..just having a bunch of young immature kids just grind and get beat up through international cricket is just gonna take a long time and we don't know if its gonna even work..it will take a long time 2 find out..
Old June 20, 2010, 11:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Shak,Aftab,Tamim

I like this thread and thanks to Furqaan for opening this good thread.

Actually, the performance of Bangladesh is as the same as last year but the other minnows like Zimbabwe, Ireland, Scotland have improved a lot. You can ask how and why ???

Zimbabwe has got better cricketing facilities than Bangladesh has got. Ireland and Scotland have got some good players who play in the English county leagues over the year. How many BD players play in in the county crickt ?? NONE !!! Shakib is the only BD player who has got the opportunity to play in the county leagues but he didn't start playing yet.
Old June 20, 2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Shak,Aftab,Tamim

Look at the domestic stracture of poor Bangladesh, they have got only 4 bowling machines all over Bangladesh and those are only in Mirpur stadium in Dhaka. There are very poor cricketing facilities out side of Dhaka. When the players are not playing international cricket they have nothing much to do about keeping themselves in good shape who are living out side of Dhaka.
Old June 20, 2010, 11:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Bring back SN, Aftab and Shahadat for this series and see if they can get a much needed confidence boost for future series. Also Keep Rasel and Mashrafe to get them back into rhythm. These players all have talent and we need them for the world cup.