facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Your verdict on Jamie Siddons
He is doing a fantastic job. Leave him alone, Bangladesh is progressing at expected pace. 10 10.99%
He is doing a decent job. There is no need to criticize him 26 28.57%
He is doing an average job. Should have done lot better 25 27.47%
He is doing a poor job. His approach is flawed and he is failing to inspire the team. 33 36.26%
He is clueless as a head coach. 31 34.07%
He is un-ambitious and his policy is harmful for a young team. 29 31.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 21, 2010, 03:00 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Verdict on Jamie Siddons

This will be the 3rd poll on Jamie Siddons.

Let's see what impression Jamie Siddons is leaving on the mind of the Bangladesh fans

Last option should be -

He is un-ambitious and his policy is harmful for a young team. (not time, sorry)

Old June 21, 2010, 03:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

I am about the stop following these morons. There is a limit to everything and we have crossed that today.

Thanks JS.
Old June 21, 2010, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend

just a difference of 139 runs, we are improving!

slowly but surely he is taking us to the top!
Old June 21, 2010, 03:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Lets say Siddons is sacked tomorrow.

How long will it take to change the teams loosing mentality to winning one?

Who will be our next coach?
Old June 21, 2010, 03:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

It's amazing how people believe the coach is the obstacle between us winning matches. The real problems lie much deeper...
Old June 21, 2010, 03:23 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

So the coach was doing well up to the begining of 2009 T20 then what happened.

What changes happened after T20 2009 failure?

Did he shujon anything special to the team apart from WI C team success and Zim?

Don't forget we all gave credit to him when our boys were bashing the minnows.

What does he have to say?
Old June 21, 2010, 03:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

AsifThe.. should go join politics. He can agree with all the opinions there are.
Old June 21, 2010, 03:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I agree with Miraz bhai our national cricket team is going downhill. But I dont agree on blaming everything on Siddons.

Our international cricket will never improve unless we change the infastructure of our domestic cricket.
Old June 21, 2010, 03:47 PM
Banned

It was necessary. Now Shakib will stop saying that they are improving and show lame excuses. Hopefully Bangladesh cricket will come down to earth now. They are taking all the facilities and outcome is shame and humiliation for the country. It's better to have no cricket team than such a pathetic one. Blame goes to everyone from players to BCB officials.
Old June 21, 2010, 03:59 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
He is doing a poor job. His approach is flawed and he is failing to inspire the team.
He is clueless as a head coach.
He is un-ambitious and his policy is harmful for a young team.
Voted!
Old June 21, 2010, 04:05 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Asif and magic boy, that was silly.
Old June 21, 2010, 04:06 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I agree with Miraz bhai our national cricket team is going downhill. But I dont agree on blaming everything on Siddons.

Our international cricket will never improve unless we change the infastructure of our domestic cricket.
I am not blaming Siddons for everything, but he has to take a fare share of blame for the current state of Bangladesh cricket.
Old June 21, 2010, 04:10 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Pro-Siddons apologists (copyright thebest) are out there to spoil the poll by spoiling the multiple option.

The love seems to be very deep, deeper than love for Bangladesh cricket.
Old June 21, 2010, 04:11 PM
Test Cricketer

You can't blame him for these morons' stupidity. These fools comes to play cricket and throw their wkts with shots that does not call for.
Thes guys play ODI like a test and test like an ODI.

If the coach has to tell them in the morning that today we are playing a 50 over match so pace yourself for an ODI match today, than yes, the coach is to blame.

These fools are probably ok for our BD standard but no match for other cricket playing countries.
Old June 21, 2010, 04:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I blame BCB not hiring a competent bowling coach

JS has done wonders for the batting
Old June 21, 2010, 04:30 PM
Test Cricketer

No coach in the world can do anything to these players if they can't help themselves.

we always looks for a scapegoat for our failure. This time it's Jamie. Before this match, it was Ash.
We need to start blaming the team as a whole.
we are very weak in the core of our cricket.
Old June 21, 2010, 05:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
You can't blame him for these morons' stupidity. These fools comes to play cricket and throw their wkts with shots that does not call for.
Thes guys play ODI like a test and test like an ODI.

If the coach has to tell them in the morning that today we are playing a 50 over match so pace yourself for an ODI match today, than yes, the coach is to blame.

These fools are probably ok for our BD standard but no match for other cricket playing countries.
a coach needs to motivate the cricket team. if he doesn't motivate and says go to the field and go for your individual performance, then why he is the head coach?

we are debating about this issue for a long time. a teacher is the best teacher when his students who used to do very bad result in school got the highest mark. In that case, Siddons took over 3 years. still he got no gameplans..no motivations for players...3 yrs wasted completely except individual performance/shommanjonok porajoy
Old June 21, 2010, 07:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Siddons is not head coach material. He's recently been too pessimistic and seems to have lost faith in our players. I'm surprised to see that BCB hasn't sacked him yet. I think BCB should sack him for good and bring in a head coach from an Australian or English county team, I'm pretty sure they would accept it if we offer them 20k a month.
Old June 21, 2010, 09:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

What is the coach doing? Very bad! Not good at all.

Dear Miraz da eibaro ektu bhul hoe gese, manoos matroi bhul, Inshallah, he will do good in the future, guide the team better, the team will Inshallah shine and do good. One more chance please. Ei baarer moto chere din kindly dada!
Old June 21, 2010, 09:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

if my memory is correct then when SIDDONS took the job he said that BD were a good team unit but the individual performances of the players are not good. so he wanted to enhance the individual performances of the players and hoped the team unity will not drop.

now he has managed to enhance the individual performances but the consistency of this individual performances did not improve significantly.

and at the same time our team unity has decreased.

so he has done an average job and should have done lot better.

what we lack now is lack of planning in our approach. and mainly lack of alternate plans to adjust with needs of match situation. also bowlers never seam to bowl with definite plans. batsmen never seem to bat with an purpose.

we now need somebody who can develop this batsman and bowler strategically or tactically .... .... not technically ... ....
Old June 21, 2010, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

In terms of improving the batting of the team, he has done a good job. In terms of challenging the team to actually WIN matches and play as unit, he has failed miserably. Constantly putting your own boys down is completely wrong. You've lost your way, Jamie.
Old June 21, 2010, 11:10 PM
Cricket Legend

It is not right what he said after the match. When he said it was never possible for IMRUL and JUNAIDE to score those 380 runs, well what are the players suppose to draw out of this? He himself is only expecting TAMIM to fire. No that's not the right mind sent. I rather see us going all out and getting out under 150 then painfully reaching that 250 ...
Old June 21, 2010, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I am not blaming Siddons for everything, but he has to take a fare share of blame for the current state of Bangladesh cricket.
i missed the part of ur other posts where u apparently said explicitly other were also to blame.

lets just sak coaches as they come, cos obviously our players are perfect in term of mindeset and maturity. so it must be coahces fault why they throw away wikets n bowl full tosses.
Old June 21, 2010, 11:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by unda_bhai
i missed the part of ur other posts where u apparently said explicitly other were also to blame.

lets just sak coaches as they come, cos obviously our players are perfect in term of mindeset and maturity. so it must be coahces fault why they throw away wikets n bowl full tosses.
We have BD borders to pick players from not the coach. It's a open world to pick a coach from. If both are rotten equally, still you have to live with the rotten players and look for a fresh coach to fix the players.

You are using a bad example to blame the player. off course to some extent the coach is to be blamed for players inability to play a shot. But there are much bigger things that the coach is failing to do. You don't win a match by just playing a full toss well, either.

We take coaches to fix players, if someone cannot, he should be changed and we should look for another, who can. We don't take players to fix a coach. Like for argument some people will say, our players are not capable of following the coach; for them I must ask, then why do we need a coach? Let there be self development methods run under local guys, why pay a coach for even stopping self development?
Old June 22, 2010, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
We have BD borders to pick players from not the coach. It's a open world to pick a coach from. If both are rotten equally, still you have to live with the rotten players and look for a fresh coach to fix the players.

You are using a bad example to blame the player. off course to some extent the coach is to be blamed for players inability to play a shot. But there are much bigger things that the coach is failing to do. You don't win a match by just playing a full toss well, either.

We take coaches to fix players, if someone cannot, he should be changed and we should look for another, who can. We don't take players to fix a coach. Like for argument some people will say, our players are not capable of following the coach; for them I must ask, then why do we need a coach? Let there be self development methods run under local guys, why pay a coach for even stopping self development?
hes failing to do wat else? the guy has worked thru cancer to improve our stupid bunch of retards, n he hasnt tried enuf?

u want bangla players to start self devlopment? they dont have the minutest knowledge about world cricket, how wud they even know where to begin? we'd be going bak to the pioneering days if we dnt have a coach. wer not like india where we're advanced enuf to go witout a coach.

the knowledge of local guys isnt enuf to compete at world clevel, they are not experienced to teach anything. we need outside knowledge. we need to giv the outside world the best chance of helping us. but thnx to bcb, their reluctance to hire a a decent bowling coach, or listen to suggestions for domestic league hasnt done any favours. good on them for sending players to australia, but why stop it there? keep doing it. why is the national team only practising full time? if our players arent capable of following, then just shows the calibre of our talent dosnt it? its not great is it?

freaking hell, the problem isnt wit the coach dont u guys see, its with US!