facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 25, 2011, 10:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
BDFlag To the IR Captain who was big mouthing for last week and so

here is a song for you. and do it next time before you play bangladesh. 180 was enough for IR

3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Old February 25, 2011, 11:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Winning with grace...very important.

We scraped home, tough luck for Ireland....Good luck for the rest of the tournament.
Old February 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Ireland walked the talk. They showed they are no pushover. The only way we could be bragging about the win is if we thrashed them by like 50+ runs or something. I would say they lived up to my expectation. I expected them to give us a hard time but as it turned out they did more than that. We won which is great but nothing to brag home about except the bowling and some awesome fielding. Still a lot of work that needs to get done.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 25, 2011, 11:34 AM
Banned

lol, barely won.
Old February 25, 2011, 11:55 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Please delete this thread. This shows disrespect to TRUE Bdeshi fans and also to thread like this and this. We are not rude.

We big mouthed the Indians too, look where we ended up! They actually got close to us than we did to India. We lost the game after 1st 3 overs of Shewag beating, but the Irish came back big time from 50/0 after 5 overs to keep us under 210. They almost chased it down as well. we fell short by 100 runs, they did by 20 odd

At the end of the WC, check our 2nd world cup matches (03) and compare them with Irish ones.
Old February 25, 2011, 11:59 AM
Cricket Guru

we don't hire players from england and australia. in 4 years when all these buira will be no where to be found they will end up like kenya. My point is they know they r bending the rules and hence have a stronger team but why big mouth bangladesh? they said they will win but they couldn't how r they walking the talk? I will take this win over 150+ win. this is more down grading will hurt them more... I told my friends during half time 180 is enough...
Old February 25, 2011, 12:00 PM
Cricket Guru

don't care what you guys think. I know these team pops up time to me depending on one two three players and think they r the kings... look where UAE or Kenya is now?
Old February 25, 2011, 12:06 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
I know these team pops up time to me depending on one two three players and think they r the kings
lol, we are the one to talk. For half the age, we depended on one broke butt player like Ashraful. We still depend on 3-4 players.

You really have a big mouth, not the Irish team , they can say w/e they want to build up their confidence, but what you are doing is unnecessary and making us look rude, unless of course you are pulling a S.20R.
Old February 25, 2011, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

which players have ireland hired ? I thought it went the other way, they lost morgan to england.
Old February 25, 2011, 12:45 PM

This is an immensely disrespectful thread. They played hard cricket when we batted and certainly gave us a scare. Otherwise we wouldnt be celebrating in processions and on the streets as lividly.

He said what he wanted to, and ultimately we played with our biggest threat to them and made them capitulate. To say that he was bigmouthing yada yada is uncalled for!
Old February 25, 2011, 01:33 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Big mouth or not, we batted poorly. Ireland's bowling was ordinary (I don't want to sound like Shehwag but I saw what I saw). Watch the match carefully and see how our batsmen gave away their wickets to some friendly bowling. The two run outs were the perfect example of the lack of common sense we are used to from our batsmen from time to time. India bowled and fielded far better and we scored 280+ against them. In other words, Yes, Ireland put up a fight but it was thanks to our own mistakes.
Old February 25, 2011, 06:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

i dont care......they way they disrespected us......they deserved it.....and akabir bhai...agree......hell...all the teams like kenya, uae, they all pop up....fact is...no one follows cricket there.....its so true......and ICC has a point....Canada, Netherlands, Kenya have played so many world cups.....but are there people following.......really pointless......add those countriesss where cricket is followed...like nepalll...pure example....not ireland....bet nepal will beat ireland easily in future...something like kenya where a few buch wuld always perform..now they are retiring...and look where kenya is.....today there was dockwell.(did i spell it right?)....for kenya in 2003 , there was obuya...lol....they will come and go...show some interest......lemme see if cricket in their country can overtake ruby or football like how cricket did here....if it cant then its pointless
Old February 25, 2011, 07:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Big mouth or not, we batted poorly. Ireland's bowling was ordinary (I don't want to sound like Shehwag but I saw what I saw). Watch the match carefully and see how our batsmen gave away their wickets to some friendly bowling. The two run outs were the perfect example of the lack of common sense we are used to from our batsmen from time to time. India bowled and fielded far better and we scored 280+ against them. In other words, Yes, Ireland put up a fight but it was thanks to our own mistakes.
Youre missing the point. Irish team fielded well, and bowled proper deliveries. They didnt give up after five bad overs. They also chased well until they were outdone by our bowlers.

Theres a lot more to the appreciation that they are getting than just bowling ordinarily.
Old February 25, 2011, 09:37 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
i dont care......they way they disrespected us......they deserved it.....and akabir bhai...agree......hell...all the teams like kenya, uae, they all pop up....fact is...no one follows cricket there.....its so true......and ICC has a point....Canada, Netherlands, Kenya have played so many world cups.....but are there people following.......really pointless......add those countriesss where cricket is followed...like nepalll...pure example....not ireland....bet nepal will beat ireland easily in future...something like kenya where a few buch wuld always perform..now they are retiring...and look where kenya is.....today there was dockwell.(did i spell it right?)....for kenya in 2003 , there was obuya...lol....they will come and go...show some interest......lemme see if cricket in their country can overtake ruby or football like how cricket did here....if it cant then its pointless
i am glad u r not a supporter of india or aus..or else ur mouth would have started on north pole and ended on south
Old February 25, 2011, 09:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i am glad u r not a supporter of india or aus..or else ur mouth would have started on north pole and ended on south
bro.....u know something....i love nepali cricket......i love kenyan cricket....i want them to succeed......i still respected them when kenya used to thrash us....they had that great attitide.....even hostile during the games....but not arrogance......ignorance of the opposition teamm......i, for one......never ever talk such things against teams who show u RESPECT.....sad to see u wud have no probs with an opposition ridcuculously neglecting us.,....and when its payback time.....u r pointing at me.....no hard feelings mate.....but i was just giving back what the irsih threw at us
Old February 25, 2011, 10:00 PM
Administrator

This is a very poor thread. We are bigger than that and do not need to stoop so low.

The Irish delivered didn't they? They scared the bejeezus out of us and we just scraped through.

The Irish are a rapidly improving team and like us, they two had targeted at least 3 wins to get to QF.

Guess at least one team they thought they fancied a chance with? Yeah, us.

Let's face it - we are not #1. We are #8.

MInd games are part and parcel of the modern professional sports era.

Be big and take all the tough talk like a man. Give it back in equal measure in the field.
Old February 25, 2011, 11:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
don't care what you guys think. I know these team pops up time to me depending on one two three players and think they r the kings... look where UAE or Kenya is now?
Why did you open this garbage thread in a public forum if you don't care what we think?
Old February 26, 2011, 12:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Where do you get the arrogance to open such threads after "barely" beating a team like Ireland that made it's debut in world cup cricket in 2007? You are a test playing nation, they are an associate member. The very fact that there was competition should be embarrassing for you.

None of you were amused when Sehwag had a few taunts for Bangladesh. But when it comes to Ireland, you dont seem to spare an opportunity I see. Hypocrisy?
Old February 26, 2011, 01:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Poor thread.

@ Surfer, probably you have seen almost everybody disliked this thread.

But I am still not happy with Sehwag. LOL.
Old February 26, 2011, 09:08 AM
Test Cricketer

@WarWofl: My comment was only directed at OP and those who agree with him. Admittedly, most posts have been sensible.
Old February 26, 2011, 10:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Just reminded me if this kind of thread pops in ICF or Pakpassion and what would have been our reaction. I wish there is dislike button for threads for this kind of threads
Old February 26, 2011, 11:24 AM
Cricket Guru

No body is taunting IR.the thread was response to what their captain was saying like shevag the idot and taunting a test nation. so don't come here and say how we dare. Of course we dare because we showed that even scoring 205 we can defend that... There is big difference between taunting or answering to the taunt.
Old February 26, 2011, 01:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

nothing wrong with what poterfield said. he wanted to win against us bcs that was their best chance to show icc that they shouldnt be scrapped from the WC. and they fought well..they deserve respect for that. it is us who should shut our mouth and concentrate on improving our game. nothing personal against you...just disagree with your opinion this time. thank you
Old February 26, 2011, 02:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
No body is taunting IR.the thread was response to what their captain was saying like shevag the idot and taunting a test nation. so don't come here and say how we dare. Of course we dare because we showed that even scoring 205 we can defend that... There is big difference between taunting or answering to the taunt.
might wanna change the We to I. Cause you are going solo on this. I'm pretty sure Shakib and Co. wouldn't agree with what you have said so far.
Old February 26, 2011, 02:28 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
as bangladesh_sy said don't drag other Bangladeshis into ur personal agenda vs the irish captain