facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 26, 2011, 05:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
We have nothing to celebrate. A poverty stricken country where a large chunk live below the poverty line. We have natural disasters hitting us every year. And come the ice meltdown, we might not even exist.

But we do have 150+ million proud and resilient people, except for one, who look forward instead of backwards.

We happen to feel particular joy having a cricket team that is one of the best in the world. In fact, we are in the top 8.

This same team happens to make it to something little called the World Cup. Yes, the frikkin World Cup.

This little team also might even make it to the QF. That is frikkin huge man.

And you think I won't be celebrating?

If I were in Bangladesh now, I would be out in the street yelling my head off. And I ain't a young college brat anymore.
Well said Zunaid bhai. We, a third world country, where a large chunk of the people live under $1 a day are the #8 team in a sport which is regarded as the second most popular in the world[based on spectators] and you some of us think we should not celebrate?
Let alone the wins, i will celebrate every single run they score, every single wicket they take!

Old February 26, 2011, 05:42 AM

Yes, to me Nothing to celebrate this win. It was a lucky escape for Bangladesh, and BD boys did work hard at the end indeed, but not just enough to go wild even after 11 years now. As Shakib said boys showed their character, but the reality is mostly half of that game [and many other games too] they had no character [as I see]. This 'showing character' that Shakib recently saying every after game ... needs reality check.
Old February 26, 2011, 05:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

The way we batted the first half, no way did we deserve to celebrate even if we did win the match. Getting happy over beating ireland, a game which we almost lost, isn't the way a truly good team team would celebrate. They would be relieved.

let's stop feeling sorry for ourselfs hey, a lot of countries have natural disasters and are very poor. We shouldn't be looking for sympathy but respect. Instead of finding strength in our weaknesses, let's build on our strengths. One day I truly believe we will become a great team

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old February 26, 2011, 07:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6alltheway
The way we batted the first half, no way did we deserve to celebrate even if we did win the match. Getting happy over beating ireland, a game which we almost lost, isn't the way a truly good team team would celebrate. They would be relieved.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Listen, don't forget that this is the world cup. In football wc, brazil celebrates goals against north korea where the level of skills in these teams have gap as big as the universe. Their fans and fans all over the world go crazy. Sure the win came against Ireland, but it should be CELEBRATED like it is a world cup win (not a win against Ireland). THe fact that the game was close adds more to the celebration.

You would have had a point if it was simply a series against ireland but it was not.

This celebration was perfect, Ash's celebration was epic and I hope we keep on doing this throughout the tournament. No where were we disrespectful to the opposition, in fact celebrating every wicket shows the greastest amount of respect we've for the irish for competing in the WC (every team in wc deserve respect for making it).

Not celebrating, "dismissing" them like we should've won anyway - is actually quiet disrespectful in my opinion.

So I really believe a lot of ppl aren't thinking - like you and that killjoy/loser Mongia.

I hope to celebrate a win with both of you in QF!
Old February 26, 2011, 08:18 AM
Banned

If morning shows the day....after last game it wasnt a good one.

Ireland played quite well but Bangladeshi batsmen gifted 3 wickets atleast.

Against India, batsman batted well and bowlers were rubbish.

Against Ireland, Batsman were below average and bowlers have improved from the last game. Quite impressed with Shafiul. Good comeback. Razzak seems that he isnt in the zone anymore.

Inshahallah and I hope Bangladesh do well but they need to get their act together ASAP.
Old February 26, 2011, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

This is a classic Half empty - half full sitution. I am beliver and I think this was our proverbial one bad match in a series. We have successfully (however unconvincing) managed it. So sky would be the limit
Old February 26, 2011, 12:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakil_TX
You are right. I must have been smoking my happy stuff a little too early in the day. However WI already lost to SA and I was already assuming they were going to loose to India and England too, and that being the case if we beat Nederlands and WI then it would be safe too say we made to the Quarter Finals. Or am I still not getting this right

Damn! Amar ganjar kolkita gelo koi? Haq Mawla!
amra dekhi eki partyr lok vaijaan
Old February 26, 2011, 02:31 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Player Who Can Play ;

Unless we beat the WI & England ;
Old February 26, 2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricFreaky
Unless we beat the WI & England ;
... SA & NL as well.

no half hearted celebration, we wanna go to the final and beat India or Pakistan there!
Old February 27, 2011, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

ufffffffffffffffff,we just had a bad day
Old February 28, 2011, 05:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

It was not a bad day, it is in the teams DNA that they throw away their wickets when Tamim or Sakib is out, they have a batting collapse. They were lucky to win against Ireland, but it will not happen with other stronger teams. If they bat first against Ned, WI, SA or England, it has to be more than 250 runs to defend. They have to win at least 2 more matches with a good RR and hope that Ireland, Netherlands and WI gets beaten at least 3 times by huge margins.
Old February 28, 2011, 06:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

We all know our limitations, yet expect to do better than we are perceived to be.

Why r u spoiling the party?
Old March 4, 2011, 06:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

^ Because I am right! When we win our next game, we will be celebrating like lunatics again.

This proves what I said, Bangladesh will never learn!
Old March 4, 2011, 06:47 AM
Administrator

When we win again, I will again be celebrating. Guess what? I love my Bangladesh cricket. It'll give me ulcers but I am realistic enough not to get a heart-attack. My love is unadulterated. Not like the fair-weather fans.
Old March 4, 2011, 06:50 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

i don't consider myself to be a "fair weather" fan by any means... just wasn't ready for a typhoon that's all
Old March 4, 2011, 06:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

This team doesnt need unconditional love. It needs it tough love. It should earn it.

This loss today has taken us 10.. 15 years back! I didnt even know this was possible. We are once again a minnow like canada, kenya, holland, namibia,

We are not even in the same league as West Indies!

The mentality of our players NEEDS to change. I dont know who is responsible for that but If i was in charge, boy I would make these players work, mentally!
Old March 4, 2011, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

ami ki nijer chul chhirbo naki amader playerder chul chhirbo,bujhte partesina...
Old March 4, 2011, 11:00 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
When we win again, I will again be celebrating. Guess what? I love my Bangladesh cricket. It'll give me ulcers but I am realistic enough not to get a heart-attack. My love is unadulterated. Not like the fair-weather fans.
i wish i had half the enthusiasm u have..u sir just earn my respect a lot with this post..

my believe is hart but yes i'll still keep following Bangladesh cricket and celebrate when we win...i hope i can keep my patience when dark hours come..just like today
Old March 4, 2011, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6alltheway
^ Because I am right! When we win our next game, we will be celebrating like lunatics again.

This proves what I said, Bangladesh will never learn!
Dude, old saying! There is only half a glass of water. Some see it half empty and get frustrated. Some other think that there is half a glass to satisfy thrust and hope for the remaining to fill-up and enjoy! I prefer second type and yes, when BD will win next time, I will go nutz again.

Will they win again? Yes, they will and I believe!
Old March 4, 2011, 12:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

I will be happy if we beat Netherland. Don't think about beating SA or ENG.
Old March 11, 2011, 05:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Default I hope you can celebrate now!

I hope you can celebrate now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
Dude, old saying! There is only half a glass of water. Some see it half empty and get frustrated. Some other think that there is half a glass to satisfy thrust and hope for the remaining to fill-up and enjoy! I prefer second type and yes, when BD will win next time, I will go nutz again.

Will they win again? Yes, they will and I believe!