facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: On our "Make or break" game against WI, what will we do with our make or break ashraful
Take Ashraful 49 59.76%
Drop Ashraful 33 40.24%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 1, 2011, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Can we not include him in the XI but allow him to come and dance during each dismissal?

Old March 1, 2011, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

As someone pointed out we need a minimum of 6 bowlers in the team. Which means that he can really be only dropped at the expense of Shuvo, Riyad or Nazmul. Otherwise its not an option.
Old March 1, 2011, 01:11 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Take him. Jodi Laigga jai Mamuuuuuuu.....
Old March 1, 2011, 01:18 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
Obviously we need him...to give out towels and drinks to the players, or maybe he can apply as a ball boy and throw back the balls into the field after boundaries, I think he has a brighter future as a ball boy than a player

seriously, I can't even think why someone like him would even be considered for a spot in the final 11, what the hell is he still doing in the team?! yea sure he got us 2 crucial wickets, so now let's play him for the next 10 matches...freakin hopeless

It pisses me off the team management considers players like him for a spot which he doesnt deserve one bit, while ignoring Shahriar Nafees
thn why the hell he is in the squad? Look, as a membr of the squad, we just should back them up. Now we just can hope for the best and pray for them. Whoever makes it to the playing eleven, we should support them. Being rude or bashing any perticulr plyr won't lead us anywhere at this moment.
Ja hobar ta to hoia gece.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 1, 2011, 01:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Ash

Quote:
Obviously we need him...to give out towels and drinks to the players, or maybe he can apply as a ball boy and throw back the balls into the field after boundaries, I think he has a brighter future as a ball boy than a player

seriously, I can't even think why someone like him would even be considered for a spot in the final 11, what the hell is he still doing in the team?! yea sure he got us 2 crucial wickets, so now let's play him for the next 10 matches...freakin hopeless

It pisses me off the team management considers players like him for a spot which he doesnt deserve one bit, while ignoring Shahriar Nafees
Are you the junior brother of Shariar Nafees!!! Or are you a girl who fall in love with him!!!
Old March 1, 2011, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Take Ashraful and play him as a mystery bowler which he is! Any runs from him would be considered bonus ...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 1, 2011, 05:07 PM
Cricket Sage

I think both is true.

You take and Ash drops and cracks..
then you fix with tape and take...and Ash drops and cracks again...
then you use crazy clue and you think you fixed and Ash drops and cracks again...
then you use rice glue and fixe again amd Ash drops and cracks again...

.... it continues until Ash drops and cracks to so many parts.....

... but you fix it with whatevcer part available... and then ...
Old March 1, 2011, 06:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:

Ohh are you not the one who wished BD to lose against the Irish because S Nafees wasn't playing? Oh well bro sorry we won that match
Old March 1, 2011, 06:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

To me Ashraful looked evil and deranged when he was doing that weird "Boxing Dance" or whatever you want to call it. He had this devilish smile on his face. Imma start calling him "Psycho Ash".
Old March 1, 2011, 07:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I thought everyone said "Bangladeshi fans are the best fans in the world".

Hmmm -

"
There is only one Ashraful. And, he is our team mascot. Take him, of course!
Eid-ul-Ashraf where art thou?!
"
"

"

"
To me Ashraful looked evil and deranged when he was doing that weird "Boxing Dance" or whatever you want to call it. He had this devilish smile on his face. Imma start calling him "Psycho Ash".
"
"
"Ashraful" and "thinks" in the same sentence, NICE!
"
I wont bother going through more threads to bring out more examples. I think we should remember what ashraful has done for our country. He's a 26 year old, and he has already achieved the following -

3000 ODI runs, and 2000 Test runs. 5 test centuries, 3 one day ones, and 14 first class centuries.

our first win against a zimbabwe team that boasted streak, carlisle, grant, ervine. he got the man of the match after scoring 51 from 32.

i'm pretty sure i don't need to link the 100 at Cardiff against Australia. Mind you, this was in 2005, when we didn't even think about the possibility of winning against the two time defending champions. or the 94 against England the following match, when we were allowed to believe what no other team can believe, take down an English attack (that'd soon win the ashes) and chase 390. or maybe the 58 in the next match against Australia.

How about 51 against Srilanka to win this match. or the 64 of 67 in the next match against srilanka chasing 309, when the rest of batting order failed to cross 30 (and we keep pointing at one guy).

we got the monkey off our back against kenya thanks to him again, a 67 off 43 where we chased their total in 30 overs (and second highest score in the inning was 34)

a 45 not out against srilanka in the world cup, when his teammates capitulated.

then a a top score of 29 not out against Bermuda after we lost 3 wickets for 37 runs.

We beat South Africa in 2007. a score of 87 off 83 balls was complemented by a second highest score of 38 off 59. Australia, then South Africa ----- we only have one win against these two, and Ashraful was the man of the match in both.

in the loss against Ireland, a top score of 35 was not enough.

in a score card that looks like a phone number, a score of 70 off 57 stands out against Newzealand at Auckland.

in the next match, a highest score of 25 is overlooked as the team fails.

64 not out in a revenge win against Ireland.

in 2008, a win against Pakistan was not to be as his teammates folded chasing 233, despite a 56 not out effort by ashraful.

Bangladesh's first 300, anchored by a century by ashraful.

a 60 off 56 not out saw us to our first victory against New Zealand. mind you that game could've been tricky, with two wickets falling for 85, and us requiring 45 overs to knock off the runs.

in the following match, the series could've been ours had it not been for another batting collapse. don't look at ashraful though, he top scored with 40 off 86 chasing 212.

then against south africa, a 73 off 78 was in vain as we fell.

I need to go, but I'll come back and finish this off.

Old March 1, 2011, 08:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

He successfully downgraded himself so low that even his grandmom has zero expectation from him in batting. And I think this is Ash's time to shine in Batting so I say Pick him.
Old March 1, 2011, 08:43 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Am I willing to see his weird butterfly dance one more time? Sure. Take him? Ya why not. If the replacement is going to be Riyad or Naeem, than I'd rather have a Ashraful.
Old March 1, 2011, 08:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Ashrafool can play

only if he dances and this time on mumtaz's tune in the background please. polay to pola noy aguner gola
Old March 1, 2011, 09:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
For the crucial match against WI, what do you think should Bd take ashraful or drop him?
Definitely we should retain him in the squad
Old March 2, 2011, 12:03 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

So ash wins in the pole,70 votes!..where ever he is in the bc he rules!..if only he could do that on the field
Old March 2, 2011, 12:38 AM

If we live in 2011 ... his ghost does not deserve to be in the team. Though, being one of last winning team ... his usual ghost will be on the field for sure.
Old March 2, 2011, 12:42 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

There should have been another option in the poll, "give him a last chance"

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 2, 2011, 03:28 AM
Test Cricketer

to continue what was doing earlier -

a top score of 57 against WI in the first odi was followed by a score of 64 in the second odi in back to back wins.

103 against zimbabwe in 2009 in a comfortable win

63 against zimbabwe in a win

a top score of of 75 in 2010 against srilanka.
Old March 2, 2011, 03:39 AM
Test Cricketer

How can we single mindedly work to destroy a career with such determination and diligence. If we go through the innings I've listed in the previous pages (and I've omitted a few), and we'll find countless instances where ashraful was the only batsman fighting. He was the highest scorer in an inning full of single digits. Why dont we judge the countless failures of anyone else. On the other hand, almost in all instances when the team has won, this guy was at the forefront of it. Man of the matches in wins against Australia and South Africa should tell you that. He also top scored when we first beat NZ, WI, Zim, and Srilanka. In tests, his innings of 158 was the only thing that allowed us to remain on the same planet as Indians.

Last edited by shovon13; March 2, 2011 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: outrageous, truly outrageous..
Old March 2, 2011, 04:42 AM
Test Cricketer

honestly, if we hold such attitude to any one player of the team, then we do not love our team. those of us who start a thread about who to drop and who to play after every match, they are the bees that come during good time, and will leave during the bad ones. I proudly defend all of my players, and will continue to do so regardless of performance. my job is to support them, to cheer for them, to watch them with glee. my job is NOT to analyze their performance.
Old March 2, 2011, 05:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Not like Riad is going to do any better. Plus I have more confidence on Ashraful batting at 7 then Riad. Ash is also handy with the ball ... so take him! (plus remember he destroyed WI in T20 WC)
yes he will.20 off 30 is better that 1 off 6 any day!!!
Old March 2, 2011, 08:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Ohh are you not the one who wished BD to lose against the Irish because S Nafees wasn't playing? Oh well bro sorry we won that match
no why would I want bd to lose, I said they deserve to lose because after such a batting display, no team deserves to win coz we won't see a shafiul miracle every match,
the batsmen didn't take responsibility, I was also mad at the team management from the beginning for not playing SN becoz It would've strengthen the batting lineup, you saw how our batting was. I was ecstatic that we won but I wanted the batsmen to see that their actions have consequences. We were lucky and you know it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 2, 2011, 08:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvez
Are you the junior brother of Shariar Nafees!!! Or are you a girl who fall in love with him!!!
No dude Im just a very big fan of his batting,you know how some Bd fans blindly support Ashraful, even after countless failures, I have the exact feeling about SN, except that his failures aren't as bountiful as Ash's

Anyways, enough about SN, this thread is about Ash, I already got temp banned once for 3 days for posting about SN too much, which they termed trolling, I get a feeling bd fans don't like SN too much

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)