facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 28, 2011, 03:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MashTamimFiqur al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
are you Sylhetti?
yeah i am. you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaHiMa
lol ummmm
?

you sylheti as well?

Old April 28, 2011, 03:06 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

/Blonde Moment
Old April 28, 2011, 03:34 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Tamim please score some runs and hit the GYM. And Save us from all these "khala amma" posts.
Old April 28, 2011, 03:58 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

More like "Kala mama" posts
Old April 28, 2011, 04:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Arrey bhas Ellyse Perry and Nicki Shaw of England are real good fast bowlers! Very good athletes.
Old April 28, 2011, 04:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Not being gay or anything like that but I totally agree with Razi, Rubel Hossain is the best looking man in BD cricket, Junaid Siddiquie I make 2nd, Shakibul 3rd. Pilot 4th, Tamim comes way down apus.
Old April 28, 2011, 04:11 PM
Cricket Savant

We are from Brahmanbaria, that is almost next to Sylhet...so same ting.
Old April 28, 2011, 06:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Everyone stop calling him fatty mac fatty and other names, i guarantee hes more athletic than majority of you if not all of you. So unless you play international cricket or prove otherwise stop calling him names!
Old April 28, 2011, 06:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

what took u so long to protest?
know one thing,I so far didn't call him fatty & in fact I don't even find him fat engh to call fatty.
Old April 28, 2011, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
Everyone stop calling him fatty mac fatty and other names, i guarantee hes more athletic than majority of you if not all of you. So unless you play international cricket or prove otherwise stop calling him names!
Just Dead-lifted 315 lbs 2 days ago, feels good man.
Old April 28, 2011, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
that doesnt prove ur athletic or play international cricket.
Old April 28, 2011, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
that doesnt prove ur athletic or play international cricket.
lol though I don't play a docile sport like cricket, I do play Lacrosse for NYU.

These are professionals, getting paid to be fit and play cricket. If they cant do the most basic thing, then its fair game to make fun of them.
Old April 28, 2011, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
lol though I don't play a docile sport like cricket, I do play Lacrosse for NYU.

These are professionals, getting paid to be fit and play cricket. If they cant do the most basic thing, then its fair game to make fun of them.
Lacross player lifting 315lbs??? what do you do tackle people?
Old April 28, 2011, 07:56 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
I am stuck at 2 plates (225 lbs). How long did it take to reach 315? Tips?
Old April 28, 2011, 07:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Hey bhais, do you know BC's Hrithik and the BC Bodybuilding Thread?
Old April 29, 2011, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Not being gay or anything like that but I totally agree with Razi, Rubel Hossain is the best looking man in BD cricket, Junaid Siddiquie I make 2nd, Shakibul 3rd. Pilot 4th, Tamim comes way down apus.
Hahahahaha Zaved bhai, when did I say Rubel is the best looking man in BD Cricket? Apni paren oh boss.
Old April 29, 2011, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Oh Gawd, now this is turning to be a body-building thread, may God help this thread.
Old April 29, 2011, 01:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Wisden Cricketer of the Year 2011
Tamim Iqbal

Utpal Shuvro

Tamim Iqbal's blistering strokeplay lit up the early months of the English summer © PA Photos
Enlarge

In his first Test innings at Lord's Tamim Iqbal was run out for 55. Stepping into the dressing-room, he asked the attendant, "Why is the honours board reserved for centurions? There should be one for fifties as well." "You will need a century to get your name on this," the attendant replied. And Tamim said, "OK, I'm not leaving here without a century," even though he was only 21 years old and on his first tour of England - in early season at that.
In the second innings Tamim made 103, the first century by a Bangladeshi at Lord's, with 15 fours and two sixes. The hundred came up from just 94 balls, the fastest on the hallowed turf since Mohammad Azharuddin's in 88 balls in 1990. And in no way was Tamim's celebration less spectacular than his strokeful innings. After hitting Tim Bresnan for four, four, two and four from successive balls to race from 87 to a century, he ran towards the dressing-room and leapt up. Pointing to the imagined name on his shirt, he gesticulated as if to say "now put down my name".
Old Trafford was next to be lit up by the glory of Tamim's bat. He scored another hundred, which took six balls longer, but Tamim rates it higher: "The Lord's century was far more emotional… it was Lord's, after all. But I batted much better at Old Trafford - the challenge was bigger. After getting out trying to pull a bouncer at Lord's, I realised that they would unleash a flurry of bouncers in the next two innings - and that's exactly what happened. But I've never batted with as much determination as I did that day. I told myself, I'm not leaving here even if I die. I forced them to change their bowling plans. That was also a big victory."
Through that innings, and especially after it, there was one person on Tamim's mind - Kevin Pietersen, who was present on the field. "When I was hitting the ball all over the park during the Chittagong Test, KP told me 'It's easy to hit here, but come to Old Trafford and see the fun.' I didn't realise what he was saying. I knew there was a Test at Lord's, but didn't know there was one at Old Trafford too. Later, only after I asked my team-mates, I came to know that Old Trafford is the fastest wicket in England and the ball really swings there."
English cricket - or rather an English cricketer - played a role in Tamim's batting during the Lord's Test, too. He saw Geoffrey Boycott on TV discussing Bangladesh's right, or lack of it, to Test status, and his words stung Tamim. "Boycott was a great player - it's people like him who should be encouraging us to perform better. I was sitting alone in my room, watching TV, and I can't tell you how bad I felt. Honestly, I had a very troubled sleep that night. If you start a chocolate company, you can't compete with Cadbury in the first ten years. The next day, after scoring the century, I thought to myself, 'Thank goodness, at least I didn't have to say it out in words.'"
It wasn't only the words of Boycott that made the Lord's century memorable for Tamim, it was the connection with his late father. "The Lord's century was special because of my father - he was mad about cricket, in fact he was a keen student of cricket history. Whenever they showed Lord's on TV, he would always tell us, 'Look, this is where the game began.' That's why I really missed him after that Lord's century."
Tamim's father died in 2000, but his favourite son believes his father watches his every deed on the cricket field from the world beyond. That is his constant inspiration. "I love cricket, but however much I want to succeed for myself, I want to succeed much, much more for my father's sake. You can say I play the game to fulfil his dreams."

TAMIM IQBAL KHAN was born in Chittagong on March 20, 1989, into a family obsessed with cricket, and grew up with it. So organic is cricket to his life that he cannot remember the first time he picked up a bat. His father was a football coach by trade but a cricketer by passion. So was the rest of his sprawling extended family - especially his uncles, one of whom, Akram Khan, captained Bangladesh and played a large role in leading his country to victory in the 1997 ICC Trophy and securing a place in cricket's top tier.
The joy of qualifying for the World Cup, as a result of that ICC Trophy win, spread right across the country. In Chittagong, the epicentre of the celebrations was Akram Khan's - and Tamim's - home. "I'll never forget that time. Thousands of people visited our house day and night, there was colour and festivity everywhere. You may not believe me but our rooms were under two feet of coloured water. My dreams took wings then - I would also be a major cricketer one day, people would sing and dance in my honour as well."
More than the pursuit of that dream, it was the sheer joy of playing cricket that took over Tamim's life. The long narrow lane leading to his house was the venue of cricket matches morning and evening; it was here, in an arena where hitting high meant the risk of losing the ball and getting out, that he learned to hit straight. Almost unknowingly he had mastered the first art of batting.
A stone's throw from Tamim's house lies the M. A. Aziz Stadium, Chittagong's first Test ground. The graduation from the lane near his house to the Outer Stadium - as the periphery was known - took a matter of days. "I would wake up early in the morning to grab the best pitch and set up stumps. I used to be so excited I couldn't sleep at night - I would wonder, what if it rains? From two or three in the morning I would look out at the sky - someone had told me that if I could see the stars there'd be no rain." Matches were played on the roof of the house as well, even at night. Recognising the boy's obsession with cricket, Tamim's father rigged up nets and lights. The son still recalls the intensity of the competition with the neighbours over their imagined "Ashes".
His brother Nafis Iqbal - four years older, and also a Bangladesh opener - is inextricably linked to Tamim's earliest cricket memories. The World Cup on the subcontinent in 1996 obviously affected Bangladesh - and none more so than the Khan family of Chittagong. "My father and uncles would watch all the matches on TV together. One day, before a match, bhaiyya [Nafis] told me, 'Sri Lanka are playing today, they have a player who hits really hard.' That was the first time I watched a match with full concentration, and I became a diehard fan of Sanath Jayasuriya."
The realisation that international cricket was no walk in the park also came via Sri Lanka. After destroying India in the 2007 World Cup in the West Indies - his first match on the biggest stage - Tamim forgot all his strokeplay while touring Sri Lanka. "Because I did OK in the World Cup all the teams researched my game. There were a lot of flaws in my batting at the time, and Sri Lanka spotted those weaknesses and directed the ball at my ribs. I had no leg-side game at that time, so I just couldn't hit the ball."
The feeling of helplessness did Tamim a major service. He understood there was no alternative to hard work. "It has happened that the national team training session starts at 2 o'clock, and I've been practising indoors on my own from 9 a.m. The entire right side of my body has got bruised black and blue because of balls from the bowling machine. That's why my weakest point is now my strongest point."
The performances bear him out. He passed 50 in nine of his 14 Test innings in 2010. His maiden Test century, on the West Indies tour in 2009, played a major role in winning Bangladesh their first Test abroad. His second - against India, at Mirpur - is his highest Test score, 151 off 183 balls. But Tamim holds his two consecutive hundreds in England above them all: "From the self-confidence perspective, I would consider those two centuries the turning point in my career. Playing in England, that too in May… the biggest gain from those centuries was the belief that if I could do it once I can do it again."
Cricket is now his religion, a dream that transcends barriers. "I imagine weird stuff - what if I hit 100 centuries, or what if I make 400 or 500 in an innings? I dream of Bangladesh needing 60 runs in two overs and I win them the match." These are mere dreams to Tamim Iqbal. To anyone who has seen his spectacular batting, they are possibilities.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/wisdenal...ry/510523.html

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 29, 2011, 01:51 AM
Cricket Legend

^^ Thanks Gopuda for posting this article and changing the topic of this thread which was getting way out of our hands.
Old April 29, 2011, 04:41 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

All hail ZeeshanM! Saviour of this thread!
Old April 29, 2011, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

So, what are we supposed to discuss on....?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 29, 2011, 03:07 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

তামিমকে ঘিরে নাইটের আগ্রহ!

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক
অস্ট্রেলিয়া সিরিজের পর অবকাশ যাপনে মালয়েশিয়া গিয়েছেন তামিম ইকবাল। গতকাল সাকিব আল হাসানের কাছ থেকে তামিমের ফোন নম্বর জোগাড় করে সেখানেই যোগাযোগ করেছে নাইট রাইডার্স কর্তৃপক্ষ। আঙুলে চোট পেয়ে নাইট রাইডার্সের উইকেটরক্ষক ব্রাড হ্যাডিন দলের বাইরে চলে যাওয়ায় ২৪ ঘণ্টার মধ্যে বদলি ক্রিকেটার খুঁজছে নাইট কর্তৃপক্ষ। আর তখনই কোচ ডেভ হোয়াটমোর এবং সাকিবের পরামর্শে গতরাতে যোগাযোগ করা হয় তামিমের সঙ্গে। কলকাতা থেকে সমকালের বিশ্বস্ত সূত্র এ খবর জানিয়েছেন। যদিও তামিমকে নিয়ে নাইট রাইডার্সের চূড়ান্ত সিদ্ধান্ত এখনও জানা যায়নি। কিন্তু নাইট কর্তৃপক্ষ জানিয়ে দিয়েছে, বদলি ক্রিকেটারের নাম আজকের মধ্যেই ঘোষণা করবে তারা।
আঙুলে চোট পেয়ে আইপিএলের বাইরে ছিটকে গেছেন হ্যাডিন। এ মুহূর্তে দলে কোনো বিদেশি উইকেটরক্ষক নয়, নাইট কর্তৃপক্ষ চাইছেন হার্ডহিটার কোনো ওপেনারকে। আর সেই চাহিদামতোই কোচ ডেভ হোয়াটমোর তামিমের নাম প্রস্তাব করেন। আইপিএলের নিয়ম অনুযায়ী, হ্যাডিনকে যে টাকা দিয়ে কিনেছিল নাইট রাইডার্স, সেই ৩ লাখ ২৫ হাজার ডলারের কম দাম দিয়ে কাউকে কিনতে হবে এবং আইপিএলের আট ম্যাচের আগেই বদলি ক্রিকেটার নিতে হবে। সে অনুযায়ী আজই পাঞ্জাব কিংস ইলেভেনের বিপক্ষে নাইট রাইডার্সের অষ্টম ম্যাচ। এ ম্যাচের আগেই বদলি ক্রিকেটারের নাম ঘোষণা করতে হবে নাইট কর্তৃপক্ষকে। এ মুহূর্তে তামিম ছাড়া আরেকজনের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করেছে শাহরুখের নাইট রাইডার্স। আর তিনি হলেন দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার উইকেটকিপার ব্যাটসম্যান মার্ক বাউচার। যদিও বাউচারকে নেওয়ার ব্যাপারে খুব বেশি আগ্রহ দেখাচ্ছে না নাইট কর্তৃপক্ষের এক শিবির। তারা চাইছেন, আইপিএলের বাকিটা সময় পাওয়া যাবে এমন কোনো ক্রিকেটারকে বদলি হিসেবে নিতে। সেই অনুযায়ী তামিমই এখন নাইটদের সেরা পছন্দ। আইপিএলের নিলামের সময় তামিমের ভিত্তিমূল্য ছিল ৫০ হাজার ডলার।

source: www.shamokal.com
Old April 29, 2011, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

You beat me to it Roman, now this is a topic worth discussing on, lets hope that Tamim joins his buddy and makes KKR a truly Bangali team.
Old April 29, 2011, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

On a different note, looks like the Fair & Lovely started to have its effect on Tamim. :P
Old April 29, 2011, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Injured Haddin ruled out of IPL
Cricketnext, Apr 29, 2011

Kolkata: Brad Haddin's Indian Premier League campaign was cut short after the KKR wicketkeeper was detected with a fractured finger.

An MRI in New Delhi on Thursday revealed that the injury sustained during Australia's series in Bangladesh has not healed as he is all set to fly home and undergo a surgery.

The 33-year-old Aussie wicketkeeper was not available for the first three outings of the KKR as he was busy with national duty in Bangladesh.

After joining the side, Haddin scored 18 in his only appearance for the Knight Riders in their nine-wicket loss to Royal Challengers Bangalore in Kolkata.

Confirming the development, Knight Riders coach Dav Whatmore said, "We will make an announcement on his replacement in due course."

The Kolkata franchise, who roped in Haddin in January's auction for USD 325,000, is running against time to make an announcement about the replacement player as the IPL rule stipulates a team can get a replacement player only before playing eight matches.

The Knights take on Kings XI Punjab in their eighth match on Saturday. An injury-prone Haddin had missed Australia's five-match ODI series against England last year due to an elbow injury.

Flamboyant Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal will likely replace injured Haddin in Kolkata Knight Riders' team for the rest of the IPL 4.

Haddin ruled out of IPL due to fractured finger
Yahoo Cricket, 29 April, 2011

Kolkata, Apr 29 (ANI) Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) wicketkeeper Brad Haddin has been ruled out of the Indian Premier League following a finger injury.

Haddin was carrying the injury since Australia's tour of Bangladesh and an MRI scan Friday revealed that the fractured finger was yet to heal completely, said Knight Riders coach Dav Whatmore.

The 33-year-old cricketer is likely to undergo surgery to recover completely from the injury and keep his international career going.

Whatmore said a replacement for Haddin will be announced in the next few days.

However, sources said attacking Bangladeshi batsman Tamim Iqbal is on KKR's radar.