facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 27, 2003, 07:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Joke of the Day

I know you guys have already had a great day, but here's something for added laughter. This stuff is priceless. Should we nominate him for a Pulitzer?

http://free.hostdepartment.com/i/ind...et/news/3.html

Old August 27, 2003, 07:40 AM
Cricket Legend

When did this culture start to grow? Are these young people hired by the BJP for PR efforts in the long run?
Old August 27, 2003, 07:46 AM
Club Cricketer

Beats me when it started. But it's taken root. Mind you, even the VHP spokesmen would struggle to come up with such bull....

Did you read the bit about Gilly going "cheaply" for 57? Priceless! This guy is a born comedian...
Old August 27, 2003, 08:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah... Back to Topic du jour... did you see the match live? how's the pitch playing?

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by Arnab]
Old August 27, 2003, 08:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Pitch was great for batting and should stay that way till Friday evening. All the more reason for you to push on and try to post 400 tomorrow. Pakistan have never been great against spin, and if the pitch crumbles later in the match, who knows?
Old August 27, 2003, 08:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Default What a laugh

Honestly I couldn't stop laughing for a long time. I am a new member of the board, but with in this short time I already know this Amit character very well, that's why I couldn't stop laughing. After Bangladesh innings my smile wasn't going away but after this I just's couldn't stop myself.
Old August 27, 2003, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

An Orwellian Ministry of Truth worker perhaps? I wonder if Amit actually does this as a joke and only fronts an online personna that strongly believes in the extreme bias towards his own cricket team.

On a significantly more important subject, WV do did you think bangladesh should have scored nearer 300 on that first day - ie was the run rate less than normal (although the heat was oppressive, that would have been a big factor in not wanting to take extra 1s and 2s)
Old August 27, 2003, 09:09 AM
Club Cricketer

Default First Ian Robertson, then Dileep

Dont u 2 guys have anything to do ???

just call my articles good for a laugh.

i dont write articles for a laugh. just read the 4th article on that site, where i have said "India struggle against Holland". i always want to give every team, what they deserve.

Thanks to all u guys for the inspiration. it was u guys who made fun of india due to that defeat and that inspired me to make fun of aus for their poor performance in the wc.

Old August 27, 2003, 12:54 PM
Club Cricketer

I cannot decide which is my favorite line. Please help me in trying to decide between the following two:

"India, who decided to bowl first after winning the toss, did well to restrict Australia to a total of 359."

or

"India at 234/9, with just 126 runs needed to win with a wicket still in hand and 11 overs to go, were looking comfortable enough to win."
Old August 27, 2003, 01:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Help me read that..

Having problems with my ISP I can't check that link right now.
Can anyone please paste me the article??

I am dying to read that after reading deshitrader's favourite line..lol
Thank You
Shafi
Old August 27, 2003, 01:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

The last one serves good. Needing 126 runs from the last wicket for a comfortable win. Great stuff.
Old August 27, 2003, 01:42 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This article is simply brilliant. I haven't enjoyed reading something like this for a long time. I am still cracking up remembering the lines.

Thanks to WV for mentioning it. And Amit, you are one in a million.
Old August 27, 2003, 03:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

This is seriously too much...Even a pulitzer wont do justice to such work of art!

Amit, dont confuse laughing at unrealistic comments with anti-indianism.

When we laugh at "India at 234/9, with just 126 runs needed to win with a wicket still in hand and 11 overs to go, were looking comfortable enough to win"; we arent poking fun at India. Rather we are blown away by your unrealistic assessment of the situation.
Old August 27, 2003, 04:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

On a more serious note...such jingoism is indeed alarming. I dont mind seing the occasional nutty article about India v Australia. Amit is young and he'll soon grow out of it. But if he matures into a full fledged Millitant nationalist, its time to wonder how many more of such people are out there.
Old August 27, 2003, 04:35 PM
Club Cricketer

Default \"THE ARTICLE\"

Shafi here is the article for you

Australia wins the World Cup
by Amit
Australia, rank underdogs before the final started and struggling to beat teams like England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Kenya and India, on the other hand, sitting well with 8 consecutive wins and also having beaten each of these 5 teams by a convincing margin. India were clearly the tournament pre-final favourites and many Indian cricketing experts, felt that the final was going to be a 1 sided tournament with India winning quite easily and comfortably. Australia, then caused a sensational upset in the final stunning India by 125 runs, which was also the biggest upset in the world cup. India, who decided to bowl first after winning the toss, did well to restrict Australia to a total of 359. At this stage, India, who have chased 300+ totals comfortably in the past, were always looking the clear favourites to win the match and the lift the World Cup as well.

The Indian captain, Saurav Ganguly, decided to field after winning the toss and sent the underdogs Australia into bat hoping to bowl them out for less than 200. The Indian players, who were playing their 1st World Cup final of their lives, against Australia, some of whose players were playing their 3rd final started off bowling wides and no-balls. The reason why Australia got off to a flying start, was due to the fact that the Indian bowlers were bowling wides and no-balls. Harbhajan Singh, took the 2 Australian wickets to fall, dismissing both the openers, Matthew Hayden and Adam Gilchrist cheaply. Gilchrist made 57 and Hayden struggled to make 37 runs off as many as 54 balls. Australia at this stage, were at 125/2 after 20 overs and India, clearly looking to win. Ricky Ponting, the Cool Captain of Australia and Damien Martyn shared a valuable partnership of 234 runs, to take Australia out of trouble and took them to a respectable total of 359. 359 was a very small total to stop India, considering the strength of the Indian batting line-up.

India, got off to a shaky start losing Sachin Tendulkar for just 4 runs in the 1st over itself. Sehwag and Ganguly shared a great stand of 54 before Ganguly was out. India, at this stage were dominating the match, having hit 58 runs in just 9.4 overs at 6 rpo before Ganguly got out. Kaif was out for 0, but Sehwag and Dravid always kept India in the hunt. Before Sehwag was out, the real turning point of the match, which brought the underdogs Australia right back into the match, India had made 147 in just 23.4 overs at a run rate of more than 6. Dravid and Yuvraj then took on the game as India reached to a comfortable total of 208 in 34.4 overs at 6 rpo before Yuvraj got out. After Yuvrajs dismissal, there was a slight collapse as India lost 4 wickets for 18 to reach 226/9. Ashish Nehra, then sparked off some hopes of an Indian victory as he hit 2 4s. India at 234/9, with just 126 runs needed to win with a wicket still in hand and 11 overs to go, were looking comfortable enough to win. McGrath finished off the World Cup in a sensational style dismissing Zaheer Khan. Underdogs Australia, had thus caused the biggest upset of the World Cup in the final, beating the tournament pre-final favourites India by a convincing margin of 125 runs.

Old August 28, 2003, 03:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

So you think that Australia deserve to be labelled "serious underdogs" and claim they struggled to beat Kenya??? Amit take your hatred for Australia somewhere else
Old August 28, 2003, 09:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Just curious:

Did India make those requisite 126 runs with only one wicket in hand. If so was Chandrasekhar on strike?
Old August 28, 2003, 11:07 AM
BC Editorial Team

I thought that the whole thing was a spoof. A close look at the site reveals that this guy is serious about what he writes. How can someone be so !@#$!
Old August 28, 2003, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Hey, if 60% Americans can actually be led to believe most of the 9-11 terrorists were Iraqis, anything is possible. It's called patriotic mind-**** syndrome.
Old August 28, 2003, 01:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Thanks Ehsan :D

Ehsan
Lot's of thanks for pasting the article for me.
Wondeful staff Amit.
Provides me lots of fun..and I showed it to some of my friends who were looking for a humorous site on the net..
Keep writing :P
Shafi
Old August 28, 2003, 03:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Shafi I guess you have read my mind. I wanted to post that article but cricket_er posted before me.