facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 23, 2012, 03:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default CI sheds some light on Kamal's "tour" of India "later this year".

Quote:
The board presidents of Pakistan and Bangladesh told ESPNcricinfo that the BCCI president N Srinivasan had assured them of "some news" after a final round of discussions in Kuala Lumpur. Bangladesh have been promised a first formal tour to India. Indian and Pakistan officials are expected to meet on a far more cordial note than they did in 2011 and talk about the resumption of cricket between the two nations, which at the moment has political approval from the Indian government.

Neither the resumption of India-Pakistan ties nor a tour of India by Bangladesh is actually cricket-centric; the Indian calendar is far too packed with home fixtures over the next 18 months for there to be any room for two tours. These are, in real terms, bargaining chips for when support is sought from Pakistan and Bangladesh at the voting table.
IMO, Lotus should secure a legally binding, written guarantee of a full Test/ODI/T20I tour within 24 months in exchange for any cooperation with the BCCI.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old June 23, 2012, 04:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I'm actually nt in favor of having a visit in this manner, if they at their own that's fine. Because I'm pretty sure, India in India is a tough opponent and if we perform bad, the Indian media amaderke ei nia eto picjabe ... That you won't like it and cant do anything as well. As a result next tour won't come in a decade... Let the team get to a position, so that we are confident that we are capable of seriously challenging India in India... Then we can be vocal about t having a tour t india....

Well, if we go in thus manner... We have to perform ... And for that we will have to almost take our skin off in preparation for that tour...it will be a tough challenge for our players...
Old June 24, 2012, 07:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

although a tour to India would be nice, I echo same exact sentiments with BANFAN!
Old June 24, 2012, 08:02 PM
Cricket Savant

harar bhoye khelbo na, e kemon kotha....

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 24, 2012, 10:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Yeah since when are we so afraid? Did we not tour Australia in 2003, England in 2005 and 2010? Who is to say we will embarass ourselves in India? Pitches tend to be flat, conditions are similar to ours, we shouldn't do any worse than we do at home.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 25, 2012, 04:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan
একদম খাটি কথা !!!

কোন দিন শুনছেন, নেংটা পাগল লুঙ্গি হারানোর ভয়ে রাস্তাএ নামে নাই ?
Old June 25, 2012, 07:19 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I'm actually nt in favor of having a visit in this manner, if they at their own that's fine. Because I'm pretty sure, India in India is a tough opponent and if we perform bad, the Indian media amaderke ei nia eto picjabe ... That you won't like it and cant do anything as well. As a result next tour won't come in a decade... Let the team get to a position, so that we are confident that we are capable of seriously challenging India in India... Then we can be vocal about t having a tour t india....

Well, if we go in thus manner... We have to perform ... And for that we will have to almost take our skin off in preparation for that tour...it will be a tough challenge for our players...
India are dominant because they play teams who aren't from the sub continent. Right now the only sub continental team who are allowed to tour India are Sri Lanka. Bangladesh have the sort of team that could trouble India on their home turf. You shouldn't be scared to play India, they are primed to be beaten, West Indies almost beat them for Christ's sake
Old June 25, 2012, 01:06 PM

"These are, in real terms, bargaining chips for when support is sought from Pakistan and Bangladesh at the voting table."

I know nothing!

Old June 25, 2012, 01:41 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAus
India are dominant because they play teams who aren't from the sub continent. Right now the only sub continental team who are allowed to tour India are Sri Lanka. Bangladesh have the sort of team that could trouble India on their home turf. You shouldn't be scared to play India, they are primed to be beaten, West Indies almost beat them for Christ's sake
If our batsmen are willing to put in the hours at the crease, our spinners should be able to trouble the Indian batsmen. Shakib now has 2 years of IPL experience, which has allowed him to become familiar with many Indian grounds and I believe Enamul Haque Jr. has spent a season with Maharashtra. Then there's the fact that our grounds are quite similar anyway.