facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old July 1, 2012, 03:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I think so too. Germany vs Spain could have been more exciting
I expected this game from Italy. Their win against mighty German was a fluke, no offense.

Old July 1, 2012, 04:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

who's on Ramos' Tshirt?
Old July 1, 2012, 04:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Old July 1, 2012, 04:12 PM
Cricket Guru

So nice to see little kids of spanish players are in the field
Old July 1, 2012, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

History will toss up Brazilian teams from decades ago, but this Spanish side is one of the best of all time. They have found a style of play that is highly effective and no one can deny the individual ball skills of the players. They have dominated world futbol for four years now and I hope they extend this string of success to six. 2014, here we come.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old July 1, 2012, 04:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

I know Spaniards played very well, probably the best of the tournament. But me with supporting a underdog side playing a final match with double incident of on-game injury and cant even replace in the end; what a fate?! Ocean far difference between two games in group & final match there. 4-0 absolutely hate to see the result.
Old July 1, 2012, 04:35 PM
MLC World Series I

I hope everyone has realized that Torres has got the golden boot, started just 2/3 matches? LOL
Old July 1, 2012, 04:49 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
who's on Ramos' Tshirt?
The players wore other club jerseys and a tee with messages for the Spanish players who have passed away in the last 1-2 years..

Old July 1, 2012, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Through out the championship Spain received some critics for playing too much sideways. The Spaniards has demonstrated in the final that they can play in depth as well. And how about tired out its opponent by passing the ball among themselves. With this game plan they can dominate the football world for very long period.

Last edited by nasimul; July 1, 2012 at 05:57 PM..
Old July 1, 2012, 05:10 PM
MLC World Series I

Now, we know the reason for Nadal's early exit from the Wimbledon

Old July 1, 2012, 05:32 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I expected this game from Italy. Their win against mighty German was a fluke, no offense.
It was not a fluke bro..Germany has never beaten Italy in a major tournament. Its a fact. You can say one or two wins as fluke but not so many wins. Germanyr joto hombi tombi Italyr kase eshe shesh hoy
Old July 1, 2012, 06:49 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
It was not a fluke bro..Germany has never beaten Italy in a major tournament. Its a fact. You can say one or two wins as fluke but not so many wins. Germanyr joto hombi tombi Italyr kase eshe shesh hoy
Thank You.
I did not have to ans asddsa
Old July 1, 2012, 10:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Spain answered its critics the best way possible: by demonstrating positive intent on the field in a high pressure situation, and letting their technical and tactical superiority snatch the Championship with ease.

It is unfortunate that the Italians finished most of the second half with 10 players, but I never felt they were going to get anything past the Spanish defense and then beat Casillas. MaBa was deliberately squeezed out to the touchlines, thereby neutralizing the threat he poses as a finisher from the middle. Di Natale, introduced during the second half to play up front, isn't half the brutal finisher MaBa can be. His age is less of a factor than the younger Italian's superior pace, power and technical ability to finish.

The way Spain played to add this trophy to their remarkable streak, will rank them as one of the greatest sides ever to play in the modern era. Once Villa gets back and Torres continues to get in form, they'll also have the pure, unadulterated scoring prowess such legendary teams must have.

Congratulations Spain on a well deserved Euro Championship
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 1, 2012, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

So was Portugal the 2nd best side? Spain were unable to score a goal against them, let alone beat them.

Spain are definitely the best side i have seen in the last 10 years.
However i would have loved to see the France of Zidane, Viera, Henry, Thuram, Makalele, and the Brazil of late 90s play this Spain side.
Old July 1, 2012, 11:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
I hope everyone has realized that Torres has got the golden boot, started just 2/3 matches? LOL
Not sure anyone has scored 3 less meaningless goals at an international tournament.

2 against the Republic of Ireland(I think Bangladesh would look decent against them) and then 1 at the death against a 10 man Italy.
Old July 1, 2012, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

*making a Tamim finger gesture but showing three fingers*

Need I say MORE

VIVA ESPANA

IKER CASILLAS
Old July 1, 2012, 11:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Thank You.
I did not have to ans asddsa
Bhai, final e ek hali khaichen...eita bhable kemon lagey ? Germany er kache haire baad porle to final e lojjar er haath theke baiche jaiten !
Old July 2, 2012, 02:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Old July 2, 2012, 02:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I sure will miss one of the English commies repeatedly mispronouncing Pirlo's name as Pearla.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 2, 2012, 04:59 AM
MLC World Series I

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/mediaservic...the+Tournament

UEFA EURO team of the tournament. Iniesta has been named as player of the tournament.
Old July 2, 2012, 09:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Spain answered its critics the best way possible: by demonstrating positive intent on the field in a high pressure situation, and letting their technical and tactical superiority snatch the Championship with ease.

It is unfortunate that the Italians finished most of the second half with 10 players, but I never felt they were going to get anything past the Spanish defense and then beat Casillas. MaBa was deliberately squeezed out to the touchlines, thereby neutralizing the threat he poses as a finisher from the middle. Di Natale, introduced during the second half to play up front, isn't half the brutal finisher MaBa can be. His age is less of a factor than the younger Italian's superior pace, power and technical ability to finish.

The way Spain played to add this trophy to their remarkable streak, will rank them as one of the greatest sides ever to play in the modern era. Once Villa gets back and Torres continues to get in form, they'll also have the pure, unadulterated scoring prowess such legendary teams must have.

Congratulations Spain on a well deserved Euro Championship
You sum it up nicely. My sentiments exactly. I was getting frustrated watching the Spaniards for their lack of direct attacks after holding on to the ball for eternity. But, not yesterday. And, Xavi was like Platini reborn with his through balls. Just tremendous. No doubt this Spain team is one for the ages. Their trophy case confirms their superiority. They play unselfish and that is their biggest attribute. Well deserved.
Old July 3, 2012, 12:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Iniesta as player of the tournament is pretty much spot on.

Not sure I've seen another footballer with such incredible balance(Zidane - he gets bonus points for being such a big guy, compared to say, Maradona, Messi etc). He doesn't have out and out pace, but a really quick first 2-3 steps, and that's enough for him to get the separation he needs.

If it wasn't for Messi, he would get a lot of plaudits from the pundits for his excellent play with Barca over the years.
Old July 3, 2012, 03:20 AM
Cricket Guru

UEFA 'faked' tears for German team

UEFA has admitted manipulating supposedly "live" images to include previously filmed footage for the second time during the Euro 2012 football tournament, a newspaper reported on Saturday.

From the television footage, it looked like a spontaneous display of emotion from a German fan as Italy scored their second, winning goal against Germany in Thursday's match.

Yet the pictures of a woman crying shown immediately after Mario Balotelli's goal had been filmed before the match even began, the Süddeutsche Zeitung reported on Saturday.

When Italy scored a second goal in the 36 minute of the game, millions of viewers across Germany were shown a picture of a German fan in the stadium who had apparently spontaneously been reduced to tears.

But as the fan herself told the paper, and UEFA later confirmed, she had really been overcome with emotion during the national anthem prior to kick-off.

This is the second time UEFA has been accused of having manipulated images transmitted to Germany during a live game in this tournament, and had already admitted slotting previously filmed pictures of German coach Joachim Löw into footage of the Germany vs Netherlands game on June 13th.

"We are surprised and irritated. The pictures are unacceptable," ARD team leader Jörg Schönenborn told the paper.

Whilst UEFA admitted having cut the pictures into the live footage, it denied all accusations of manipulation. They used the footage to "show the emotion and excitement of the German fans at the game," according to the article.

German broadcasters ARD and ZDF have complained to UEFA, demanding that viewers be alerted when previously filmed pictures are being shown during live transmissions.

Source

Old July 3, 2012, 11:37 AM
MLC World Series I

Euro 2012: Incredible Footage of Iker Casillas Asking Ref to End Game Early

Quote:

Spanish goalkeeper Iker Casillas is incredible.

After going 509 minutes without a goal for the tournament and setting a record by winning 100 international matches, Casillas showed just how important sportsmanship still is in the modern game.

Casillas had been largely untroubled by Italy in its Euro 2012 final encounter and Spain had been dominant over its rivals throughout the entire match, building to a 4-0 lead late in the match.

Most players would be celebrating and enjoying the moment, but not Casillas.

Incredible footage has emerged of the goalkeeper walking over to the referee—asking him to get rid of the injury time and blow the final whistle. And not just because he wanted to start celebrating earlier, but out of respect for their rivals, who were down to 10 men and being demolished all over the pitch.

Casillas can be clearly heard saying "respect for the rival, respect for Italy" before repeating the current score to the referee, who promptly blew the whistle for full-time.

He even shook hands with the referee—showing that he is a deserved champion of the tournament and that sportsmanship is still prevalent in the modern game.

Respect, Iker. Respect.

He's a legend alright, this guy is awesome. Every time he does something, I'm in awe. He embodies such great humility. Long live, Saint Iker. You deserve an applause and a bow. Legend!
Old July 3, 2012, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Not just the best GK in the world but the best sportsman too. The amount of humility in this Spanish side is incredible. For one of the best teams in history, they are exceptionally grounded, each one of them. Then again, one could argue that it is this very vibe that they give off - of a bunch of professionals doing what they are supposed to and no more/no less - that has put them where they are today. Compare that to the rogue next door who thinks he's the king of the world just because he's scored a few goals in club futbol and has a few teenage girls going gaga over him day and night.

They have the best in the world in every position. Villa, Iniesta, Alonso, Xavi, Fabregas, Ramos and not to mention captain cool. Even the younger players are world beaters and have the potential to be the best in their respective positions - Mata, Pedro, Llorente to name a few. Heck even a GK like Reina has no place in the first XI - that's how good their reserve bench is.