facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 23, 2012, 10:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Taskin didn't lose us the game. The batsmen once again were the culprit. We should've reached atleast 240 easily. Don't be naive and blame Taskin please.
i also dont like blaming individual players for their failure or for losing us games. it's actually the people who make me blame them. people here are too much anxious and i am saying "TOO MUCH ANXIOUS" when ever they see a new talent .they open new threads like "official X thread" ,"bring X in the national team " blah blah blah ..plz have a look at tasken's performance today

End of over 49 (12 runs) Pakistan Under-19s 213/7
Taskin Ahmed to Mohammad Nawaz, 1 wide
Taskin Ahmed to Mohammad Nawaz, 2 runs
Taskin Ahmed to Mohammad Nawaz, no run
Taskin Ahmed to Mohammad Nawaz, SIX
Taskin Ahmed to Mohammad Nawaz, 1 wide
[COLOR="black"]Taskin Ahmed to Mohammad Nawaz, SIX
Taskin Ahmed to Mohammad Nawaz, SIX
Taskin Ahmed to Mohammad Nawaz, OUT
Mohammad Nawaz (3) b Taskin Ahmed 82 (86b 4x4 6x6) SR: 95.34
Taskin Ahmed 10-1-80-3

he gave away 22 run in the last over !! that reminds me of shahadat

Old August 23, 2012, 11:00 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Taskin ahmed is the future shahadat
Old August 23, 2012, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I wonder why we would think Pakistan couldnt flay Taskin or any other attack at the final overs.. I mean wheh Pakistan had wickets, they would go after any bowlers.. Rather I would blame the captain for not giving better instructions to Taskin. Taskin did take wickets and without seeing how he bowled, we can't really comment whether he was bowling his line/length wrong or Pakistan batsmen were simply lucky or superb in their picking the balls.. It very well could be that the BD captain didnt place the fielders right or there were catch misses.. who knows? But blaming Taskin aint gonna help him.. this experience of getting bashed with. Remember Mashrafees 21 over against ZIM?
Old August 23, 2012, 11:24 PM
Cricket Legend

After going through some of the ball by ball updates, I have a feeling that Taskin is really good with new ball and completely ineffective as the ball gets old...

He has the pace, well built and the height to go far... I am still optimistic abt him...
Old August 23, 2012, 11:26 PM
BC Editorial Team

to get tonked for that many sixes by a spinner
Old August 24, 2012, 01:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
After going through some of the ball by ball updates, I have a feeling that Taskin is really good with new ball and completely ineffective as the ball gets old...

He has the pace, well built and the height to go far... I am still optimistic abt him...
Spot on. I'll follow his progress closely.
Old August 24, 2012, 01:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

@frd, That was indeed a SRKesque over. Let's see if he can learn from this or continue repeating it and gets lost as a result.
Old August 24, 2012, 02:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I'm optimistic about him...he might not be ready for limited overs cricket just yet...he seems to get hit for sixes way too much, but seems to follow up well but getting wickets after being smacked (3x in this tourney). His ODI strike rate is good but not great. If he is a better Test bowler, than I don't mind letting him cut his teeth at Test level given that NONE of our pacers has a strike rate under 100 in that format. That is piss poor...Chamu Chibabha would be ashamed.

Also you can't conclude he can't bowl with an old ball because in ODIs the oldest a ball will be is 25 overs old, not old enough for reverse and not new enough to generate bounce or prodigious swing. He's done well enough in this tournament to keep his reputation intact, if not exactly enhanced.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 24, 2012, 03:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I'm optimistic about him...he might not be ready for limited overs cricket just yet...he seems to get hit for sixes way too much, but seems to follow up well but getting wickets after being smacked (3x in this tourney). His ODI strike rate is good but not great. If he is a better Test bowler, than I don't mind letting him cut his teeth at Test level given that NONE of our pacers has a strike rate under 100 in that format. That is piss poor...Chamu Chibabha would be ashamed.

Also you can't conclude he can't bowl with an old ball because in ODIs the oldest a ball will be is 25 overs old, not old enough for reverse and not new enough to generate bounce or prodigious swing. He's done well enough in this tournament to keep his reputation intact, if not exactly enhanced.
good prospect but in terms of performance in the WC abu jayed and dewan sabbir did well to.
Old August 24, 2012, 08:52 AM
Banned

Taskin Ahmed Better than Abul Hasan @ U-19 level, doubtful.

Against Pakistan:

10 Overs: 80 runs: Econ: 8.00 (3wickets)

(has long way to go before he can be compared better than Abul Hasan)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-unde...ch/554559.html

Check how well our other bowlers did, in terms of being econmical
Old August 24, 2012, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

What has Taskin done to deserve a thread of his own? Anyways, he obviously has a LONG way to go before deserving any sort of consideration, serious or not. People morph with time, so we'll see.
Old August 24, 2012, 10:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
What has Taskin done to deserve a thread of his own? Anyways, he obviously has a LONG way to go before deserving any sort of consideration, serious or not. People morph with time, so we'll see.
Reason for his own thread:

- He is leading wicket taker of U-19 WC tournament for BD and next Abul!
- He will also a probable pace spearhead who might be the ideal solution as Mash replacement and has opportunity to become number #1 pacer of BD in 2020 (based on the way Abuls are coming and going)
- He will be superstar soon after getting drafted to A or National team and then will perform good in 1 or 2 month in near future which will be memorable for development team for that particular year
- He has opportunity to transition to acting career has he has "boody" and "height" to replace Shahadat Shahrukh Khan as number # 1 in "Cricket hero went zero then cinema hiro" criteria
Old August 24, 2012, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

SS- come on man, don't discourage him it won't help him, rather he will loose confidence. Batsmen were set to hit big in the end. Anam should have used Taskin/dewan in the middle overs somewhere. he lost the plot there. and, why on the earth we were playing so many spinners in aus pitch? all the matches i have seen in tv have green top. bd cricket pundit really needs t think about palying 3 pacers in age group cricket, no matter where they are playing - we need to encourage young generation to bowl fast. go bd go
Old November 7, 2012, 08:31 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

মাশরাফি ভাই, মরনে মরকেলের মতো ফাস্ট বোলার হতে চাই

Quote:
কালের কণ্ঠ স্পোর্টস : প্রথমবারের মতো জাতীয় দলে ডাক পেলেন। নিশ্চয়ই খুব খুশি?
তাসকিন আহমেদ : ভাষায় প্রকাশ করার মতো না। জাতীয় দলে খেলার স্বপ্ন তো সেই ছোটবেলা থেকে। সেই স্বপ্নপূরণের খুব কাছাকাছি চলে এলাম। কী যে ভালো লাগছে তাই!
প্রশ্ন : ভেবেছিলেন, এত তাড়াতাড়ি সুযোগ পাবেন?
তাসকিন : সত্যি বলতে কী, না। আমার কাছে এটি ছিল বিশাল এক চমক। ভালো খেলতে থাকলে একদিন না একদিন সুযোগ আসবে- সেটি জানতাম। তা যে এই ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের বিপক্ষে সিরিজেই হবে, ভাবিনি।
প্রশ্ন : গত কিছুদিন ধরে সব জায়গাতেই তো ধারাবাহিকভাবে ভালো করছিলেন। এর পরও টার্নিং পয়েন্ট বলবেন কোনটিকে?
তাসকিন : (একটু ভেবে) আমার মনে হয় অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ বিশ্বকাপ। সেখানে প্রতি ম্যাচেই আমি দু-তিনটি করে উইকেট পেয়েছিলাম। লাইন-লেন্থ ঠিক থাকায় ইকোনমিটাও ছিল খুব ভালো। এই জায়গাতেই আমি জোর দিই বেশি। যদি লাইন-লেন্থ ঠিক থাকে, তাহলে ব্যাটসম্যানরা আমাকে এমনিতেই উইকেট দিয়ে যাবে। আর আমার বলে পেসও তো কম না।
প্রশ্ন : ক্রিকেটার হওয়ার গল্পটা একটু বলুন।
তাসকিন : আমার এক বন্ধু ছিল কাইয়ুব। ও আমাকে সব সময় বলত, তোর ফাস্ট বোলিং অ্যাকশন খুব ভালো। যখন ক্লাস সেভেনে পড়ি, তখন আবাহনী মাঠে ডিসকভারি ক্রিকেট একাডেমীতে ভর্তি হই মূলত ওরই আগ্রহে। কিছুদিনের মধ্যে দেখা গেল, ক্রিকেট আমার কাছে নেশা হয়ে গেল। সেখানে সপ্তাহে ছোটদের দুই দিন, বড়দের তিন দিন অনুশীলন ছিল। আমি পাঁচ দিনই যেতাম। এরপর অনূর্ধ্ব-১৫, অনূর্ধ্ব-১৭ জাতীয় দলে খেললাম। পেস বোলিং ফাউন্ডেশনের সেরা ১০-এ ঢুকলাম। এই তো, এভাবে ক্রিকেটই আমার জীবনের সব হয়ে উঠল।
প্রশ্ন : বাসা থেকে বকুনি খাননি?
তাসকিন : শুরুর দিকে বাবা এটিকে খুব ভালো চোখে দেখেননি। কিন্তু যখন উনি আমার খেলা দেখলেন, কোচের সঙ্গে কথা বললেন, এরপর আর কোনো সমস্যা হয়নি। বরং উৎসাহই দিয়েছেন সব সময়। এই তো এখনো আমার খেলা যেখানেই থাকে, বাবা ঠিক মাঠে চলে আসেন।
প্রশ্ন : প্রিয় ক্রিকেটার কে?
তাসকিন : দেশে মাশরাফি ভাই আর বিদেশে দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার মরনে মরকেল। তাঁদের মতো ফাস্ট বোলার হতে চাই আমি।
প্রশ্ন : স্বপ্নের পরিধি কত বড়?
তাসকিন : অনেক। এখন বললে হয়তো একটু বাড়াবাড়ি শোনাবে। তবে আমি স্বপ্ন দেখি, একদিন মাশরাফি ভাই, সাকিব ভাই, তামিম ভাইয়ের মতো বিশ্বসেরা ক্রিকেটার হওয়ার। ছোটবেলায় ক্রিকেট নিয়ে অত মেতে থাকতাম দেখে বন্ধুরা আমাকে নিয়ে হাসাহাসি করত। আকাশে প্লেন উড়ে যেতে ভাবতাম, কখনো কি আমি তাতে চড়তে পারব! মাশরাফি ভাই, সাকিব ভাইদের টিভিতে দেখে থাকতাম হাঁ করে। এখন বন্ধুরা হাসাহাসি করে না, প্লেনেও চড়েছি আর মাশরাফি ভাইদের সঙ্গে অনুশীলন করব। তাহলে স্বপ্নের বাকিটা পূরণ হবে না কেন!
http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=det...JXqm0.facebook

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Morne Morkel? Like that...All ours prayer with you Tazin
Old November 7, 2012, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

U-19 e na eke pitay chhatu banay disilo onno desher lyada polapain?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 7, 2012, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
U-19 e na eke pitay chhatu banay disilo onno desher lyada polapain?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Kaler Kontho after all..... More than 75% is probably made up by the interviewer...
Old November 7, 2012, 10:41 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Shopne jodi biriyani khaite hoy, tahole ghee kom diye laav ki..
Old November 7, 2012, 05:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Summary in English, Nadim?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 7, 2012, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't think he will make into the squad...let him having fun with national team
Old November 7, 2012, 11:00 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

I liked his action and pace.....stump to stump....in 2 years he will be the bd's regular bowler....this kid has talent....
Old November 8, 2012, 01:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

We need to handle him carefully. Otherwise he may become another injury material.
Old November 8, 2012, 01:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

All the best
Old December 20, 2012, 08:07 AM
Cricket Legend

The future of our pace bowling looks bleak, he is our U19 pace spearhead and goes unsold in BPL auction while tons of nobody players from both here and abroad gets a team. Pathetic stuff. There should be a quota in every BPL team to include national U19 team players. I rather see these guys playing then the same old Nazimuddins.
Old December 20, 2012, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

BPL is not going to benefit our cricket as long as guys like Brad Hodge come become captain, open the bowling, open the batting. This is the ideal tournament to test the mettle of our young upcoming players. Not picking Taskin shows the knowledge of the selection committee of the franchises. I guess they are more interested in entertainment, fame, rather than helping develop the game. I dont know whether BCB is planning to change any rule, but it will be good for the game if we could reduce the number of foreigners per team by 1 like its done in IPL and SLPL. Yes, foreigners make it more interesting, but it doesnt help our cricket
Old December 20, 2012, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

How on earth Taskin goes unsold? Don't get this at all. I like the idea that all u-19s should be a mandatory for all the franchises. So many unknown foreigners are included and guys like Taskin goes unsold, not accepting this.