facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 23, 2012, 05:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Another thing. I see this video as a planned trap. Unfortunately a lot of people from the muslim societies have responded to the movie makers plans.

We are dumb, dumb and dumb.

Old September 23, 2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Another thing. I see this video as a planned trap. Unfortunately a lot of people from the muslim societies have responded to the movie makers plans.

We are dumb, dumb and dumb.
+1
(We dumb = lack of education)

Did someone mention about US election!? My evil mind knows nothing!!
Old September 23, 2012, 02:49 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

An article that tries to balance multiple perspectives from one of the mainstream liberal newspapers in the UK:

Islam must embrace reason and responsibility
Henry Porter

Watching the events of the last 10 days makes it hard to have much confidence in the sanity of the human race. After Friday prayers in Pakistan – the day of Love for the Prophet in which an estimated 19 people died and 200 were injured – protesters burned down two cinemas to express their outrage about Innocence of Muslims, a work that was made available only on YouTube, not in cinemas. It's as logical as smashing your computer because you object to what's being shown at the local Odeon.

But things could have been much worse. Even though so many lives have been lost, there was another side of the story that escaped us – the fact that a very tiny proportion of Muslims actually went on the streets. In France, Muslims showed restraint after the publication of cartoons by Charlie Hebdo. In Egypt and Tunisia, the governments intervened to stop the riots, while in Yemen and Pakistan, the military prevented rioters reaching western embassies. More hopeful was the action by cheering crowds that swept through Benghazi, in eastern Libya, clearing the strongholds of Ansar al-sharia, the militant group thought responsible for the death of US diplomat Chris Stevens a week ago.

Read More
Old September 23, 2012, 05:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
BANFAN,

Have you heard of the KKK? The Neo-Nazis? They publicize their anti-semitism, have rallies, publishes literature, etc with anti-semitic content. There are several others groups like them.
I personally don't know any of them, but I had been reading about them since childhood. Do you mean to say, that US official position on anti semitic law is matching with an underground group like KKK and neo Naziz?? you may like to read about them more on their purpose and political backing. You can't produce a hate content against the Jews in the same scale as you do on Islam in the name of free speech. Some people can pretend by calling me ignorant for the sake of arguments only, but that's a fact.

Quote:
Have you watched the movie 'The Passion of the Christ'? Then you'd know it painted Jews in a not-so-rosy picture. Yes, it raised controversies - but no one was killed or threatened to be killed over it. And the US government didn't have a say in it. Many movies also portray Jews (and other groups) in negative lights. Once again, no big deal.
Protest of a few millions and over six billion will definitely be different in magnitude and can easily turn violent. And those Jews, they know if they turn violent against their western allies.. They will be rendered landless and homeless soon. What they have today is due to them. That's not the case with Muslims... They are the target of oppression, and its human instinct to becomes more aggressive when you are oppressed. If the oppressed people of the west wasn't violent against oppression, all those revolutions wouldn't have taken place. But yes, I would like the Muslims to protest in more thoughtful ways to make their protests count, but at the same time also understand their inner rage and the limitations of the leadership. We all know that the educated and moderate Muslims are not taking part in these protests for reasons I have said before. They just criticize sitting in their comfort zones, like many of us are doing here.

And portraying Jews "not so well" is something similar to portraying "Muslims not so well"... And this is something else and that. The current issue is disregarding the prophet and making a mockery of the prophet as such the religion.. .. Not just the followers. There are a lots of Movies where Muslims are portrayed negatively as characters.. And none talks about it.

Quote:
I know people - including imaams at jummah prayers - who publicly talk sh*t about Jews. They are not harassed or are censored.
I know people in the churches vomiting hate speeches against Muslims and Muslims don't care about it too..... I rather find the west more interfering with speeches in the mosques than their own churches hate speeches, which goes down as freedom of speech. So what's your point here...

Quote:
So please explain to me why you keep repeating the BS that "you can't say anything anti-semitic in the USA."
I have again repeated that BS, and if you still try to say that anti semitic laws don't exist in USA, you are trying to make a BS justified by KKK and Neo Nazi..heck... Please read atleast those Wiki pages on Anti Semitic laws and tell me which part is a BS and doesn't exist.. .. I know when and where that will be applied .....
Old September 23, 2012, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I personally don't know any of them, but I had been reading about them since childhood. Do you mean to say, that US official position on anti semitic law is matching with an underground group like KKK and neo Naziz?? you may like to read about them more on their purpose and political backing. You can't produce a hate content against the Jews in the same scale as you do on Islam in the name of free speech. Some people can pretend by calling me ignorant for the sake of arguments only, but that's a fact.

Protest of a few millions and over six billion will definitely be different in magnitude and can easily turn violent. And those Jews, they know if they turn violent against their western allies.. They will be rendered landless and homeless soon. What they have today is due to them. That's not the case with Muslims... They are the target of oppression, and its human instinct to becomes more aggressive when you are oppressed. If the oppressed people of the west wasn't violent against oppression, all those revolutions wouldn't have taken place. But yes, I would like the Muslims to protest in more thoughtful ways to make their protests count, but at the same time also understand their inner rage and the limitations of the leadership. We all know that the educated and moderate Muslims are not taking part in these protests for reasons I have said before. They just criticize sitting in their comfort zones, like many of us are doing here.

And portraying Jews "not so well" is something similar to portraying "Muslims not so well"... And this is something else and that. The current issue is disregarding the prophet and making a mockery of the prophet as such the religion.. .. Not just the followers. There are a lots of Movies where Muslims are portrayed negatively as characters.. And none talks about it.

I know people in the churches vomiting hate speeches against Muslims and Muslims don't care about it too..... I rather find the west more interfering with speeches in the mosques than their own churches hate speeches, which goes down as freedom of speech. So what's your point here...

I have again repeated that BS, and if you still try to say that anti semitic laws don't exist in USA, you are trying to make a BS justified by KKK and Neo Nazi..heck... Please read atleast those Wiki pages on Anti Semitic laws and tell me which part is a BS and doesn't exist.. .. I know when and where that will be applied .....
This is crazy. Be constantly vigilant about those Jews bro. They're out to get us all. I wish I could say that stuff out loud in real life, though.
Old September 23, 2012, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

Show me. Show me the BS. Show me where in the US is their specific laws proscribing anti-semitism. Don't point me to Europe. Europe is not the bastion of liberty - they take freedom of religion to mean freedom from religion.
Old September 24, 2012, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

This is a real Hollywood movie from the makers of South Park ridiculing Jesus Christ who is regarded as the son of God by the people belonging to Christian faith....

WARNING: Please dont watch if you find the title offensive.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSVR94c0bqM
Old September 24, 2012, 01:24 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Yes, its ALWAYS the GIRLS who are left abandoned. Why do you think all those men in Afghanistan are so ANGRY, along with the Chinese? ITS BECAUSE THEY’RE LITERALLY *RUNNING OUT OF WOMEN* to copulate with.
Thats it. Thats all it is. There is NO stress relief for them.
Found this comment on that baby news I posted on the news thread. Agreed. Case closed.

/Thread Closed.
Old September 26, 2012, 06:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

A Jew and a Muslim coming together to fight intolerance. The sign says: Fanatics from my faith don't represent me!

Old September 26, 2012, 06:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Couldn't help but notice the sign next to it !!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 26, 2012, 06:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Couldn't help but notice the sign next to it !!
Their sign is actually reply to that notice !
Old September 26, 2012, 06:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

^^ Difference is, what they are holding is a hand written message on a piece of paper which left with them.
What they are standing next to, is a Court approved "paid advertisement" on a Govt establishment.
(NY subway)
You'd have to wonder if they could still display the 'ad' if the message was other way around, something equally provoking like
" Support the Jihadist,
Defeat Zionism"
Old September 26, 2012, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
^^ Difference is, what they are holding is a hand written message on a piece of paper which left with them.
What they are standing next to, is a Court approved "paid advertisement" on a Govt establishment.
(NY subway)
You'd have to wonder if they could still display the 'ad' if the message was other way around, something equally provoking like
" Support the Jihadist,
Defeat Zionism"
Yes, they could. Welcome to freedom.
Old September 26, 2012, 07:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
More appropriately:

Welcome to 'Lala Land' where you can insult people based on their race, color; abuse their religion publicly and proudly and attack other countries in the name of "Freedom" !!
Old September 26, 2012, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
More appropriately:

Welcome to 'Lala Land' where you can insult people based on their race, color; abuse their religion publicly and proudly and attack other countries in the name of "Freedom" !!
Like I said. Welcome to freedom.
Old September 26, 2012, 08:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
You could ??
I didn't know that. May be I was under a different impression given the news usually comes out of USA where you get arrested for not even making printed advertisement but just yelling out few 'hate speech' targeted towards certain race/group/ethnicity:

Delmon Young Arrested for Anti-Semitic Remarks
Source : http://hipsterjew.com/2012/04/delmon...mitic-remarks/

Anti-Semitic remarks get MLB player suspended
Source : http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...224024,00.html

The news in brief : Detroit Tigers outfielder Delmon Young suspended without pay for one week after he yelled racist slurs at several men during an altercation

In a different news :

'Elmo' Arrested In Central Park For Yelling Anti-Semitic Remarks
Source : http://www.ibtimes.com/elmo-arrested...s-video-704395

News in brief :

A man dressed as Elmo, the fun-loving character from Sesame Street, was hauled in handcuffs from New York's Central Park on Sunday afternoon after making anti-Semitic rants to pedestrians and tourists.

The man urged people to read The International Jew, an infamous anti-Semitic pamphlet written by auto tycoon Henry Ford in the 1920s, reported the Daily Mail.

But an anti Muslim message gets court approval to be printed and advertised in one of the biggest establishment, in the name of Freedom !!
Old September 26, 2012, 09:10 AM
Administrator

You'll of course get arrested for assault and threatening behavior. Speech is however sacrosanct. It is a difficult concept to grasp.

BTW, thank god for google, hein?
Old September 26, 2012, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Can someone show me the law that states punishment for anti semitic remarks in states?
Rabz bhai, did you ever watch southpark? The creators would surely end up with a jail sentence for all the Cartman quotes aimed at Kyle ( Cartman and Kyle are two characters on the show)...

btw any hateful racist remarks are banned and punishable offence in almost all sporting leagues. This is consistent for people of all races and all faith.
Old September 26, 2012, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
You could ??
I didn't know that. May be I was under a different impression given the news usually comes out of USA where you get arrested for not even making printed advertisement but just yelling out few 'hate speech' targeted towards certain race/group/ethnicity:

Delmon Young Arrested for Anti-Semitic Remarks
Source : http://hipsterjew.com/2012/04/delmon...mitic-remarks/

Anti-Semitic remarks get MLB player suspended
Source : http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...224024,00.html

The news in brief : Detroit Tigers outfielder Delmon Young suspended without pay for one week after he yelled racist slurs at several men during an altercation
This is irrelevant. MLB teams are PRIVATE organizations, and they dictate employment/suspension policies. Usually hate speech of any kind (as well as drug related arrests, violence related arrests/controversies, etc etc) will warrant a suspension. This is not a "government-mandated" a*s-kicking for being anti-semitic.

Look up Juan Williams and the NPR controversy. The guy was fired for anti-Muslim remarks. So will you now say America denies people the right to be anti-Muslim?

Quote:
In a different news :

'Elmo' Arrested In Central Park For Yelling Anti-Semitic Remarks
Source : http://www.ibtimes.com/elmo-arrested...s-video-704395

News in brief :

A man dressed as Elmo, the fun-loving character from Sesame Street, was hauled in handcuffs from New York's Central Park on Sunday afternoon after making anti-Semitic rants to pedestrians and tourists.

The man urged people to read The International Jew, an infamous anti-Semitic pamphlet written by auto tycoon Henry Ford in the 1920s, reported the Daily Mail.
Did you read that article? He was never arrested. And it wasn't the anti-semitism that led to police drag him away. He was screaming at little kids in a park. I'm sure he'd be dragged away if he screamed anti-Nazi things at little kids, also.

Quote:
But an anti Muslim message gets court approval to be printed and advertised in one of the biggest establishment, in the name of Freedom !!
Anti-RELIGION messages, published by the American Atheists, are also running in Subways and stations in multiple metropolitan cities. So are a crapton of ads that are spreading dawah everywhere (the "Why Islam" ad campaign). In the name of freedom.

These are the facts. Then there's what YOU believe.
Old September 27, 2012, 03:53 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I really shouldn't fan the flames on such an issue but as I've largely lent towrds freedom of speech so far, I feel that for the sake of full disclosure and being balanced, I should share this 2005 BBC article excerpted below.

I want to stress that we shouldn't go by this BBC report at face value. As we know, news agencies often mis-report or misinterpret things and there may be other factors to consider behind the injunction. However, I can see why - after this news report resurfaced - this may stoke resentment among the Muslim community of France, at the very least.

French court bans Christ advert
BBC

"France's Catholic Church has won a court injunction to ban a clothing advertisement based on Leonardo da Vinci's Christ's Last Supper.

The display was ruled "a gratuitous and aggressive act of intrusion on people's innermost beliefs", by a judge.

The church objected to the female version of the fresco, which includes a female Christ, used by clothing designers Marithe et Francois Girbaud.

The authorities in the Italian city of Milan banned the poster last month.

The French judge in the case ordered that all posters on display should be taken down within three days.

The association which represented the church was also awarded costs."

Read More
Old September 28, 2012, 07:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Can anyone explain me why the Egyptian American was arrested while enjoying freedom of expression but not that lady who came in her way and supported that Ad ? So, freedom of expression is selective ?

Old September 28, 2012, 08:24 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Didn't watch the clip...but I think I saw a headline on the huffingtonpost saying the protestor was trying to deface the poster, which is of course against the law.

The BBC article by Navo is of more interest.
Old September 28, 2012, 09:31 AM

The words in that add intelligently selected, so that it cant be against any law. Some people should go for add such as [for example] 'War in middle east let killing millions of men, women and children, and destroying Eastern Civilization. Support no war, support no destruction of civilization'.

However these line of 'Freedom of expression' in public places will not bring peace, rather rift among multicultural society.
Old September 28, 2012, 10:19 AM
Administrator

On the flight in to DAC, I read this reprint of a Friedman op-Ed piece from the NYT in the Intetnational Herald Tribune. (Thomas Friedman is NY Times columnist and Pulitzer Prize winning author - The World is Flat)

This is an interesting read:

Backlash to the Backlash

By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN
Published: September 25, 2012

One of the iron laws of Middle East politics for the last half-century has been that extremists go all the way and moderates tend to just go away. That is what made the march in Benghazi, Libya, so unusual last Friday. This time, the moderates did not just go away. They got together and stormed the headquarters of the Islamist militia Ansar al-Sharia, whose members are suspected of carrying out the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi that resulted in the death of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/op...lash.html?_r=1
Old September 28, 2012, 11:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

I like Friedman...he has so many haters and not just zionists