facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2013, 02:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

How much are IPL ticket prices?

Old January 20, 2013, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I never understood this song. What is damadam and qalandar. When I was kid, I thought it was date calendar and runa laila is happy for a new year.
Dam is the Farsi word for breath. Damadam is the breathing in and out. Breath is the method for realization in many Tariqa's and also the central method in Yoga. It is the breathing in and out that assimilates one with the divine - "The breathing Unto You" - in the quranic verse 15:29- nafakhtu. (dom in Bengali)
Qalandar is a title given to the Sufis who have attained the highest level of realization.
Shahbaz Qalandar is a sufi born in Iran and died in Pakistan in the 1200s.
Mast is the sufi state of divine assimilation. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's Jhule Jhule Lal is also about that saint.
Shahbaz is frequently a sign of a sufi soaring high in Mast assimilated in divine presence and shahbaz is the king of falcons (baj pakhi in Bengali) - frequently a sign of a soaring sufi (Inward journey).

Shahbaz - beautifully explained to me by my Persian friend from Qom - There are some among us that are caught in the turmoil of the storm that is life - and there are some who fly above the storm and look down upon the storm - unperturbed.

Damadam - Compare that to the Zikr of all Zikr's where the Sufi says Allah (while inhaling) Allah (while exhaling) breathing in and out continually - I am sure you have heard it as a child in Bangladesh - longing for the divine assimilation. Try it.

PS: Sorry for the delay - I just saw this post.
Old January 20, 2013, 03:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple1900
Still expensive
But at least it has been reduced quite significantly. And now is in the affordable range for more people.
Old January 20, 2013, 03:22 PM
Banned

According to FB Rangpur got James Pattison, how true is that?

any updates on Danny Morrison please, thanks

Last edited by Hamlafan; January 20, 2013 at 04:15 PM..
Old January 20, 2013, 04:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Range between 200 to 10000 rupees.
In 2010 student special price was 125 rupee.
Old January 20, 2013, 05:18 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mortaza

For anyone who read my previous 2 posts on this thread. I have e-mailed cricinfo and they have corrected their errors. Even got a reply thanking me, lol.
Old January 20, 2013, 06:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD128
But at least it has been reduced quite significantly. And now is in the affordable range for more people.
It shouldn't be no more that 50 BDT for normal gallery.
Old January 20, 2013, 08:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple1900
It shouldn't be no more that 50 BDT for normal gallery.
It's an event hosted by private organizers. Ticket prices are bound to be a tad bit expensive than what you see in International series. But I'm glad that the ticket prices has been reduced. Now it is in the affordable range for more people.
Old January 21, 2013, 01:55 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
It starts from Rs. 400/500 to ~ Rs. 20,000. They even have season tickets as well and many people purchase them. Considering the quality of cricket and the entertainment package the IPL has to offer, people turn up in huge numbers. It may have got saturated since the last year but they get decent turn outs nonetheless. I'm talking from my IPL experience in Bangalore and since the cost of living is considerably high in Bangalore compared to the other cities, I think the other franchises have different ticket pricing.
Old January 21, 2013, 07:09 AM
Banned

really getting annoyed with people now, the ticket price has been reduced to 200TK and if the people can't afford that, well tough luck. how cheap do u want it? compare the price of ticket with other leagues its very cheap, people should start going to the stadium, looks very dull without fans. if people are unable to go to the stadium please move all the match's to sylhet Stadium, the people got a lot of money. seriously##. I find it very dishearting why people can't afford 200 Taka and Dhaka is supposed to be one of the richest city in Bangladesh. Lets just keep fingers crossed for the Khulna people not to disappoint us, Inshallah full house. I heard many say in BC how we going to make the BPL a success, seems all lie at the moment. please don't make BPL as failure, we fans need to wake up, lets all join force and make it a success.
Old January 21, 2013, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
really getting annoyed with people now, the ticket price has been reduced to 200TK and if the people can't afford that, well tough luck. how cheap do u want it? compare the price of ticket with other leagues its very cheap, people should start going to the stadium, looks very dull without fans. if people are unable to go to the stadium please move all the match's to sylhet Stadium, the people got a lot of money. seriously##. I find it very dishearting why people can't afford 200 Taka and Dhaka is supposed to be one of the richest city in Bangladesh. Lets just keep fingers crossed for the Khulna people not to disappoint us, Inshallah full house. I heard many say in BC how we going to make the BPL a success, seems all lie at the moment. please don't make BPL as failure, we fans need to wake up, lets all join force and make it a success.
I agree wholeheartedly.

How cheap do people expect tickets to be? Someone suggested 50 taka! Yeah, maybe 30 years ago. These days I see a LOT of people with a LOT of cash in Dhaka and elsewhere spending far more money on useless s*** (like iPhone 5s with LTE capability, when we don't even have proper 3G service in BD). For Goodness sake, people recharge their prepaid Grameenphone/BanglaLink/CityCell mobile phone accounts for less than the price of a BPL ticket. You're telling me they don't want to spend a few bucks to go to the stadium? I think 200 taka is a fair shake.

Now, the bigger problem is that the organizers failed in the marketing efforts. The onus is on the marketing and distribution people to actually make the effort to sell the tickets, not just people to buy them. There was virtually no media buzz in the build-up to the event. If you want to sell out stadiums for a month-long event, you have to generate hype. And, frankly speaking, Game On Sports, BCB and the franchises failed to do that. They have got to start now. Moreover, there was way too much confusion about where one could even purchase the tickets. That's just pathetic.
Old January 21, 2013, 10:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
I agree wholeheartedly.

How cheap do people expect tickets to be? Someone suggested 50 taka! Yeah, maybe 30 years ago. These days I see a LOT of people with a LOT of cash in Dhaka and elsewhere spending far more money on useless s*** (like iPhone 5s with LTE capability, when we don't even have proper 3G service in BD). For Goodness sake, people recharge their prepaid Grameenphone/BanglaLink/CityCell mobile phone accounts for less than the price of a BPL ticket. You're telling me they don't want to spend a few bucks to go to the stadium? I think 200 taka is a fair shake.

Now, the bigger problem is that the organizers failed in the marketing efforts. The onus is on the marketing and distribution people to actually make the effort to sell the tickets, not just people to buy them. There was virtually no media buzz in the build-up to the event. If you want to sell out stadiums for a month-long event, you have to generate hype. And, frankly speaking, Game On Sports, BCB and the franchises failed to do that. They have got to start now. Moreover, there was way too much confusion about where one could even purchase the tickets. That's just pathetic.
Suppose, I use an iPhone.That means, my earning or asset is good. So, I might not want to go to the gallery with mass people. What is my next option? At a minimal, it is club house. How much will it cost? 2000! What is the next slab? International gallery. How much will it cost? 3000! Suppose, i dont like to go alone. I want to take 2 of my friends. So, it will cost me 6000 for club house and 9000 for international gallery. I am not even talking about the grand stand. And, yeah, although, I might own an iPhone( that reflects a higher paycheck than usual people ), i might give a thought to go to atmost a single match by consuming 7K (6K ticket, 1K conveyance and food). For the 2nd time? 3rd time? Well, why dont you suggest?
I am not at all surprised to see the empty stands!
Old January 21, 2013, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
Suppose, I use an iPhone.That means, my earning or asset is good. So, I might not want to go to the gallery with mass people. What is my next option? At a minimal, it is club house. How much will it cost? 2000! What is the next slab? International gallery. How much will it cost? 3000! Suppose, i dont like to go alone. I want to take 2 of my friends. So, it will cost me 6000 for club house and 9000 for international gallery. I am not even talking about the grand stand. And, yeah, although, I might own an iPhone( that reflects a higher paycheck than usual people ), i might give a thought to go to atmost a single match by consuming 7K (6K ticket, 1K conveyance and food). For the 2nd time? 3rd time? Well, why dont you suggest?
I am not at all surprised to see the empty stands!
So how much should iPhone users pay for Club House, International Gallery and Grand Stand tickets?
Old January 21, 2013, 10:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
So how much should iPhone users pay for Club House, International Gallery and Grand Stand tickets?
Not more than 2pc of the price of the phone per ticket. Alternatively speaking, if you want to take 2 of your friends with you, watching 7 days in the stadium should not cost equivalent to another iPhone.

The price should be:
Club house - 500 to 600
Int gallery - 800 to 1000
Grand Stand - 2000 to 2500
Old January 21, 2013, 11:08 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

where is Dirk Nannes this season? I saw somewhere that he is coming but haven't played any matches so far.
Old January 21, 2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
where is Dirk Nannes this season? I saw somewhere that he is coming but haven't played any matches so far.
He is playing for Sylhet, and he played last game.
Old January 21, 2013, 11:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
He played the last game for Sylhet
Old January 21, 2013, 11:12 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
hai hai ki bolen? kalke na SR er hoye khello DR er against e?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ch/599870.html

BTW i just realized that each team playing each other twice in grp stages i tho only once
Old January 21, 2013, 11:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
He played the last game for Sylhet
Thanks. I was busy and couldn't check scores for any game this season so far. InshaAllah kalke theke follow korbo. Nannes is in my fantasy and fetched 0 points and so thought he wasn't playing.
Old January 21, 2013, 11:34 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

any clue when the WI players will be arriving to play?
Old January 21, 2013, 11:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
any clue when the WI players will be arriving to play?
If they are flying by London Heathrow then they will be delayed by few days.
Old January 21, 2013, 12:11 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Khulna Club

Source: Ian's FB...

Old January 21, 2013, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Khulna Club

Source: Ian's FB...
who are those ladies, any idea

Alfonso thomas has arrived then, pretty good for Dhaka Gladiators.
Old January 21, 2013, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Patto no he looking to play against the Windies,hodge may leave early to play for Victoria.
Old January 22, 2013, 05:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
Each team is fielding 40pc foreigners and the MOM went to 1 irish and 2 zimbabweans out of 6 matches. Hell ya, that shows that we have quality foreign recruits!
So according to you, when a Bangladeshi player is man of the match in IPL or NZT20 that means their foreign recruitment is poor....or their local players are poor...and they should start crying....