facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 27, 2013, 01:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
I don't think they are complaining just for the sake of it. Remember they actually praised the excellent facilities of Dhaka. Here's what Josh Cobb said couple of weeks ago:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cri...#ixzz2JCby6FpW
Dhaka Gladiators boila kotha, shob team to ar ek na.
koilja lagey miyara ,koiljaaa ;-)

Old January 27, 2013, 02:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Old January 27, 2013, 03:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Old January 27, 2013, 03:51 PM
Banned

Khulna Making some good signing, Recently got Badree and now Maharoof, decent bowlers.
Old January 27, 2013, 05:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Shabash Josh Cobb. Love your compliments.
Old January 27, 2013, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
^^^ Lol, not wait in line ?? Who are they ?? Foreign Head of State ??

Next what buddy ? One member of BPL Council should wait outside the toilet so that they can be handed over a new roll before they can tweet about how they are being stranded with no tissues after doing the did ?
Wait in line for 1 1/2 hours just through immigration? Isn't that ridiculous? I've never had slower processing than at DAC. And it did not matter what passport I traveled in.

And regarding the love for Khulna, there are minimum expectations of international athletes regarding accommodation. I'm well aware of some of these so called hotels in the outlying areas; they'd make La Quinta look like 5 star palaces. We just make up star ratings and lather it on. There are criteria that dictates star ratings. For example - that hotel that used to be intercontinental or Sheraton or Rupashi or whatever calls itself 4 star. That is so laughable. It would be 3 star at best if that.
Old January 27, 2013, 07:06 PM
Banned

BPL desher jonno shunaam boye aanse. ekta duta hortal holey shunaam aaro barbe.
Old January 27, 2013, 07:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Wait in line for 1 1/2 hours just through immigration? Isn't that ridiculous? I've never had slower processing than at DAC. And it did not matter what passport I traveled in.

And regarding the love for Khulna, there are minimum expectations of international athletes regarding accommodation. I'm well aware of some of these so called hotels in the outlying areas; they'd make La Quinta look like 5 star palaces. We just make up star ratings and lather it on. There are criteria that dictates star ratings. For example - that hotel that used to be intercontinental or Sheraton or Rupashi or whatever calls itself 4 star. That is so laughable. It would be 3 star at best if that.
At Last someone is not afraid to speak the truth.
No disrespect to Rabz bhai,Simon, Isnaad and everyone who are not happy with these cricketers comments.
Old January 27, 2013, 11:39 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Koi, Ranchi-tanchi, Jharkand-Bihar giyei to eirokom kotha boltei shuni nah...oi jaga guli khulnar chei kotoi ba bhalo....
Ranchi is the capital of Jharkhand. Have you actually seen the facilities of the new stadium at Ranchi? Please come back after having a look.
Old January 28, 2013, 12:33 AM
BC Editorial Team

Listen, I don't see anything on the tweets that's crossing any lines. If you are going to make people wait 1.5 hrs in line and the hotels are crappy, I _would_ tweet about it too!
Old January 28, 2013, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
No disrespect to Rabz bhai,Simon, Isnaad and everyone who are not happy with these cricketers comments.
No offense taken at all. We are all entitled to our respective opinions.

I have been to Khulna, stayed there, spent a vacation there as well. It's not bad at all. Hotel Castle Salam and Royal are 3 star hotels and they are pretty fine on the context of Khulna or even Bangladesh. Even Chittagong has only Hotel Agrabad and Peninsula that are of higher rating. While some people complain sitting in 3 star hotel rooms that aren't suited to their 'expectations', there are people who barely get to eat a meal a day.

I know it's all about expectations but truth is, our management could not do much better in terms of accommodations. They cannot just go and build a 5 star hotel for players overnight. But that too does not mean we stop playing matches in Khulna.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old January 28, 2013, 03:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad

I have been to Khulna, stayed there, spent a vacation there as well. It's not bad at all. Hotel Castle Salam and Royal are 3 star hotels and they are pretty fine on the context of Khulna or even Bangladesh. Even Chittagong has only Hotel Agrabad and Peninsula that are of higher rating. While some people complain sitting in 3 star hotel rooms that aren't suited to their 'expectations', there are people who barely get to eat a meal a day.

I know it's all about expectations but truth is, our management could not do much better in terms of accommodations. They cannot just go and build a 5 star hotel for players overnight. But that too does not mean we stop playing matches in Khulna.
If the facilities and accomodation is not upto par in Khulna, then yes we should stop playing in Khulna or anywhere that has similar problems until it improves. Khulna doesn't even have a decent gym and players have to eat spicy foods which they are not use to from what I read in the newspaper. It would discourage the foreign players to come over here and BPL already has enough issues that are discouraging. If that means BPL is hosted by only two venues, so be it.
Old January 28, 2013, 03:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
If the facilities and accomodation is not upto par in Khulna, then yes we should stop playing in Khulna or anywhere that has similar problems until it improves. Khulna doesn't even have a decent gym and players have to eat spicy foods which they are not use to from what I read in the newspaper. It would discourage the foreign players to come over here and BPL already has enough issues that are discouraging. If that means BPL is hosted by only two venues, so be it.
Exactly. I agree with Habib 100%.

And as I had said earlier, what passes for a 3-star hotel in some parts of the old country won't even get a pass certificate from hotel inspectors That some people barely get to eat three meals a day is a what one calls an 'ignoratio felenchi' - he informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may or may not be logically valid, but fails nonetheless to address the issue in question.

For BPL to be considered a top-notch competition, you need the top-notch foreign cricketers to give it the bling. If you cannot meet their bare minimum expected needs (I am not even going to address the non-payment issue), we will be hard-pressed to complete teams with quality personnel.
Old January 28, 2013, 07:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Luul re luul. Bepok lol.

I wasn't complaining about the tweet. I was responding to Ajfar's reaction to as this was BPL Council's fault to some extend that the players had to wait on line.

BPL GC can't do anything about the que in airport immigration, neither they have any authority over there.

Ajfar's comment was also in a mere frustration, so I made a tongue n cheek comment as how what would the GC do next ?
Old January 28, 2013, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Exactly. I agree with Habib 100%.

And as I had said earlier, what passes for a 3-star hotel in some parts of the old country won't even get a pass certificate from hotel inspectors That some people barely get to eat three meals a day is a what one calls an 'ignoratio felenchi' - he informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may or may not be logically valid, but fails nonetheless to address the issue in question.

For BPL to be considered a top-notch competition, you need the top-notch foreign cricketers to give it the bling. If you cannot meet their bare minimum expected needs (I am not even going to address the non-payment issue), we will be hard-pressed to complete teams with quality personnel.
Sorry, do not agree.

If our players can stay there, everyone playing BPL should be able to stay there. If they can't, bye-bye, no money from BPL

With all the hanky-panky of non-payment issue last year, no player this year refused to play. Is there anyone who said I will not play in BPL because they don't/didn't pay? As long as money there, there will be no shortage of quality players.

Slowly but surely we are putting those times of over caring foreigners behind. Chamchamir din sesh. If any foreign player not happy with facilities, don't put your name on auctions.

(My post does not mean we should not improve our facilities or pay full in time.)
Old January 28, 2013, 12:13 PM
Cricket Guru

I think it was more of a shock to the players, after being accustomed to Dhaka are now all of a sudden in a place that couldn't be compared in terms service and facilities. There was nothing wrong with the tweets, they just expressed their opinions of Khulna and shouldn't be taken as an insult. Leagues such as these dictate certain criteria in terms of everything ranging from service, food, facilities etc. You will rarely see international athletes being accustomed to such poor service (incident where they were not fed, thankfully I don't think none tweeted that or went mainstream), and BCB would do well to prevent that next year.
Old January 28, 2013, 12:20 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Actually I agree with Yaseer bhai. What do you do before you accept a new job? You do your research, find out if that's the right offer for you and if everything looks satisfactory, you take the job. Now everything at the job may not be picture perfect but you somehow manage to survive some hardships that come along with the job.

The players knew what they are getting into.This is the 2nd edition of BPL. They should've done their research. No point of complaining now. Don't like it, then leave it. No one is putting a gun at your head.

Someone called Brian Lara is also staying there and haven't heard a single complain from him. If he can survive, don't see a reason why others can't..

But we need to improve our facilities. That's a must. I still don't get why places like Bogura Khulna get to held international matches where the facilities are really poor..

Last edited by roman; January 28, 2013 at 01:49 PM..
Old January 28, 2013, 02:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

koi amra to bideshe aisha shuwa commod er jaygay bosha commod niya kono complaint kori na, ki kori?
tarpor bodna facility na thakle coke,fanta'r botol diya chalaya dei.
eder keo ektu maniye cholte hobey.
Old January 28, 2013, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Just improve facility. Cricket gave us enough money , fame and joy.
Old January 28, 2013, 03:17 PM
BC Editorial Team

My friend Roman - here's a scenario. You are taking a job. Corporate HQ is glitzy and the pay is good. You do your research and find the branch offices suck major time. You figure the pay is great so it's a worthwhile trade-off. You take the job. They send you to the branch office. While there you are talking to friends on IM or posting FB status. You telling me you won't complain a bit if mosharir tirish chidro thake?
Old January 28, 2013, 03:57 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
My friend Roman - here's a scenario. You are taking a job. Corporate HQ is glitzy and the pay is good. You do your research and find the branch offices suck major time. You figure the pay is great so it's a worthwhile trade-off. You take the job. They send you to the branch office. While there you are talking to friends on IM or posting FB status. You telling me you won't complain a bit if mosharir tirish chidro thake?
If that's a permanent job then yes..I would complain

If they send me out to the branch office only for few days, then I would not. I would rather enjoy the atmosphere and my focus will be to do the job as fast as possible and LEAVE. Nijeke shantona dibo aar matro koyek din. Been there done that bhai

Now my question to you Razab bhai, suppose they sent you to the branch for few days and they have sent your manager there as well. You find your manager not complaining about that lousy branch and is actually doing his job with an open mind. Now would you still go out and talk about how lousy that place is to your friends or will try to follow your manager's footsteps?
Old January 28, 2013, 04:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Old January 28, 2013, 04:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Old January 28, 2013, 04:37 PM
BC Editorial Team

Roman - me personally I'd vent. That's how I cope. Keeping an open mind and venting are not mutually exclusive. I'd be the guy saying "holy, look at all those flies on the chotpoti stand, and then tweet a picture of me sampling it, while pointing to the flies"
And for the players, these _are_ permanent jobs - they'd like to come back and more money. BTW our guys when they go UK complain about the cold and stuff too.
Old January 28, 2013, 10:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff