facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 11, 2013, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

he is not a lurker, i pvt messaged him to this thread. now dear jadu, plz show ur majic and put nasif bhais name in the title for the week thanks.

Old November 11, 2013, 11:38 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Nasif da! Nasif da....what are pro's and con's of being a lurker? plz answer me this...

Also, what do you think of Dhaka Comic-Con in general?
1. I don't see any pro's being a lurker. If you think you belong to a community, then there is no need to hide it.
Now, if you are referring to me lurking around; that's by design. If I am not on, my bot posts on my behalf.

2. Saw some pics on fb; I think you posted those. Like the idea! I think it needs some local heroes. May be one of the rajkumars from Thakurmar jhuli?
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old November 12, 2013, 12:09 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
he is not a lurker, i pvt messaged him to this thread. now dear jadu, plz show ur majic and put nasif bhais name in the title for the week thanks.
done.

I will post my questions to Nasif Bhai later in the evening
Old November 12, 2013, 06:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
1. I don't see any pro's being a lurker. If you think you belong to a community, then there is no need to hide it.
Now, if you are referring to me lurking around; that's by design. If I am not on, my bot posts on my behalf.
Nasif bhai got it immediately. See iDumb why do you assume he is a lurker. I merely asked him what he thinks of lurkers.

It's like me asking you "what are the pro's and con's of being a gay?" Does it mean I am telling you are gay gobet? But knowing you you may launch into a dissertation on what it means to be gay by design any ways... hooomph

The edit: Nasif bhai what is after Cricket Savant?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; November 12, 2013 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: Nasif bhai what is after Cricket Savant?
Old November 12, 2013, 09:50 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

^^^early retirement
Old November 12, 2013, 02:56 PM

Welcome to কাঠগড়া Nasif bhai!

> What you like to do in your leisure time?
> How is your photography going? Please post some photographs you soot lately?
> Believe in brand name? Why?
> List some of your favorite movies you have watched in your lifetime, please?
> Do you see Bangladesh in 2nd round of upcoming T20 WC? What should be the T20 squad?
> What's the future of BC? Do you see BC as a mirror of Bangladesh cricket?

Lastly, I would like to thank you Nasif bhai for making BC a wonderful cricket forum for all Bangladeshis and international cricket lovers - we appreciate your hard work, passion and love for BC. Thank you
Old November 12, 2013, 10:22 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

Best Question ever!..i want to ask the same question!
Old November 12, 2013, 10:24 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

Lastly, I would like to thank you Nasif bhai for making BC a wonderful cricket forum for all Bangladeshis and international cricket lovers - we appreciate your hard work, passion and love for BC. Thank you
KP da advance question for u!..apnar tel ta ki fat free?
Old November 12, 2013, 10:27 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Dear Nasif Bhai here are my questions to you:
i) What do you think of the Apple products launched under Tim Cook?
ii) Will you be interested in the next generation consoles? if yes then which one?
iii) What is your view of Ryad batting at 7 or 8 for us in limited over formats?
iv) Why do you think we are not producing leg spinners?
v) Name an upcoming electronic device/gadget that excites you
vi) How can iDumb raise funds to buy a bigger tv?
Old November 12, 2013, 10:34 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Salam Nasif bhai..

what is your view on Hadith and Sunnah

After Nasir, is there anyone from our U19 team who is worthy enough to make you change your Avatar?

I would also Like to say what KP bhai has said. Thank you for your hard work..BC wont be the same without you.
Old November 12, 2013, 10:37 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
KP da advance question for u!..apnar tel ta ki fat free?
ami shunsi Humble Pie e kono fat nai.... so your health is safe
Old November 12, 2013, 10:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:

On behalf of Nasif... it is Cricket Nadeem. Previously it was Cricket Sohel.
Old November 12, 2013, 10:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Nasif Q:
Deshe kobay jaba?
Profile update korso? Notun form pathaisey. Next MECA kobay?
Ash'er restaurant ki jaba? (Juta pita kortey)
Old November 12, 2013, 10:57 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
ami shunsi Humble Pie e kono fat nai.... so your health is safe
se khete to next series er jonne wait korte hobe..sob papisto papon er dosh
Old November 13, 2013, 12:36 AM
MLC World Series I

Nasif Bhai, I am going to be asking all tech related questions since you're the BC Dev!

1. How much time did it take for you to make BC what it is today?
2. Has any initiatives been taken or thoughts been given, for the development of an Android/iOS app for BC?
3. If you don't mind, can you share with us something that you have created or developed? (if you have, that is! )
4. What is your opinion about the Bangladesh IT sector?
5. Who do you look up to, in the world of technology?
6. With so many start-ups springing up all around the world, why do you think only few make it?
7. Name a social networking site that is to grab people's attention in the future. (Something that doesn't have a solid fan base yet)
8. In today's generation, entrepreneurs say ideas are worth billions. What do you have in mind?
9. Windows 8. Yay or Nay?
10. In a development and coding showdown between you and Dr. Z, who do you think would have the final laugh?
Old November 16, 2013, 12:35 AM
Administrator

Sorry guys, I was bit busy last few days. Trying respond to your messages one by one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Welcome to কাঠগড়া Nasif bhai!

> What you like to do in your leisure time?
> How is your photography going? Please post some photographs you soot lately?
> Believe in brand name? Why?
> List some of your favorite movies you have watched in your lifetime, please?
> Do you see Bangladesh in 2nd round of upcoming T20 WC? What should be the T20 squad?
> What's the future of BC? Do you see BC as a mirror of Bangladesh cricket?

1. Surf net, watch tv/movie, read... all depends on current mood

2. Read couple of simple photography 101 types books. Now I don't take pictures in Auto mode any more. I can take decent shots in full manual (of course nothing as good as your shots). Just learning how to do Preset WhiteBalance changed everything.... Posted few pics below

3. Don't really believe in brand name. I believe in functionality. I usually go for whoever can give me most functionality at lowest price (but wife believes otherwise, brands all around at home).

4. Hmm... difficult one. I have learned observation and taste changes with age. But some things always stick. Still remember the night at theater when I got out after Matrix, that was something else. Epic movies are always fun, just love'em: LOTR series, Star Wars, Dark Knight seires, and now Hobbit; Narnia etc. (my bluray disks are all blockbusters and epic movies). Can't forget the day I watched Shawshank Redemption. I shed lot of tears in movies, and can easily be moved just by the background score (even with crappy actors on screen). Here are few more in no particular order:
Memoirs of A Geisha
Braveheart
Aladdin
Forever Young
Predator (may be because it was looooong time ago)
Stargate
Terminator 2
Tweleve Monkeys
Mercury Rising
Seven
Sixth Sense
Fifth Element
Armageddon (that's a lot of willis movies...)
Last Samurai
Truman Show
Wanted
Gandhi
(too many...)

Some desi stuff:
Taxi Driver (dev anand's)
Rangeela
Dil Hai Ki Manta Nehi
Wanted
Akhen (eyes)

Bangla
আগুনের পরশমনি
হঠাৎ বৃষ্টি
আলোর মিছিল
জীবন থেকে নেয়া
মনপুরা
and few more...

5. Yes. I think current team is pretty much set. May be an opener short. As long as we are playing full strength without any injury; we should be able to go to second our without too much trouble. If we can't, then that would be a big setback after such a good show recently.

6. Ask Tehsin Bhai. Well, BC has always been about Bangladesh Cricket. If our team doesn't play well, we do see low number visitors. Most of the core members are always here regardless of current state of the team. These are the true fans, and there are lot more out there, never signs up. BC has traditionally been a place for expats. But there is a trend of increased visit from BD within last year or so. I guess that is normal with expansion of internet in BD. That's good news for BC and all of us. More fans are always fun. I still remember the days when we had BC with only 100 or so people!
Thats one long post!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0124-1.jpg (145.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0238.JPG (259.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0005.jpg (40.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0198.JPG (243.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0134.JPG (222.5 KB, 7 views)
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old November 16, 2013, 08:46 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Nasif bhai

1.after the 99 win vs pak it took 4.5 years for BD to register another win,Without using google or cricinfo can you say who was the MoM in that match?

2.Do you like today's smartphones or the old simple phones?

3.Do you remember life before sachin?(in cricket)

4.Chainese/Indian/Bangali/Italian/Mexican--short out the foods starting from your fev to least fev!
Old November 16, 2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Thats one long post!
Much thanks for the elaborate answers Nasif bhai

I am a movie addict too! Have watched almost every one you have mentioned!
And those pictures are nice. Beautiful composition.

Hehe are few Photography Website if you need to know a tip or two...

http://improvephotography.com/

http://digital-photography-school.com/

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/index.shtml

http://www.dxomark.com/

http://www.dpreview.com/
Old November 17, 2013, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Salam Nasif bhai..

After Nasir, is there anyone from our U19 team who is worthy enough to make you change your Avatar?

I would also Like to say what KP bhai has said. Thank you for your hard work..BC wont be the same without you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Salam Nasif bhai..

1. Over the years I have posted my views on this topic. My view on Hadith is summarized on this post. You can also search post with my username in Forget Cricket with keyword "Hadith", that should give you all my posts on this topic.

Although traditional terminology attempts to put "Hadith & Sunnah" together, which generally refers to Muhammad's sayings and his laws/practices. Quran, on the other hand, proclaims that there is only one Sunnah, which is God's Sunnah (Sunnata-Allahi) or God's law. Concept of prophet's sunnah/law independent of God's Sunnah does not have any Quranic basis. E.g.
Quote:
48:23 Sunnata Allahi allatee qad khalat minqablu walan tajida lisunnati Allahi tabdeelan
Such is God's sunna with those who have passed away before, and you will not find any change in God's sunna.

33:38 Ma kana AAala alnnabiyyimin harajin feema farada Allahu lahusunnata Allahi fee allatheena khalaw min qablu wakanaamru Allahi qadaran maqdooran
There is no blame on the prophet in doing anything that God has decreed upon him. Such was God's sunna with the people of old. God's command is a determined duty.
This statement is repeated in 33:62 , emphasizing its importance. As such, there is no Sunnah other than God's. God's sunnah has been detailed in Quran, looking for any other "sunnah" is against His will. Note the prophetic warning below:
Quote:
35:43 Istikbaran fee al-ardi wamakraalssayyi-i wala yaheequ almakru alssayyi-oilla bi-ahlihi fahal yanthuroona illasunnata al-awwaleena falan tajida lisunnati Allahitabdeelan walan tajida lisunnati Allahi tahweelan
Arrogance on earth, and evil scheming… The evil schemes only backfire on those who scheme them. Were they expecting anything different from the sunna used on the people of the past? You will not find any change in God's sunna.

We should not look for any other Sunnah, God's sunnah is detailed in Quran, and was proclaimed by prophet (as in 33:38). There is no need to look for anything else.

2. Hmm... tough one. I kept Ash for years, but he turned out to be a joker. Nasir seems to be well set; so I don't think I need to change my avatar any time soon . If it comes to that, my next choice would be Momin. He is a great batsman in the making!
Old November 17, 2013, 03:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Hello NAsif bhai,

I need your technical support , these days there are too many ads on internet, browsing has become tough,you click on one link and it opens other sites, what do you suggest to limit these ads ?
thank you.
Old November 17, 2013, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
these days there are too many ads on internet, browsing has become tough,you click on one link and it opens other sites, what do you suggest to limit these ads ?
I am sure Nasif bhai will explain your problem in technical terms and possible solutions, but here are some other solutions (non technical) you can consider:

Temporary Solution: Limit yourself going to those sites that will redirect or open multiple windows with Advertisements. Nothing is free in this world

Permanent Solution: Get married.
Old November 17, 2013, 09:20 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

adblock plus?
Old November 17, 2013, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Nasif Q:
Deshe kobay jaba?
Profile update korso? Notun form pathaisey. Next MECA kobay?
Ash'er restaurant ki jaba? (Juta pita kortey)
1. Not sure, inshallah sometime next year.
2. Yes, updated it. Missing the MECA this year. 50 year anniversary would sure be pretty fun.
3. Yes, after reading all these reviews of how good the food is

Last edited by Nasif; November 18, 2013 at 12:34 AM..
Old November 18, 2013, 12:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Hope Jadz don't mind me asking more q's.

@Nasif da

1. Why?
2. What do you think of Dan Mojina's contributions so far?
3. What are the names of those 3 female MP's who always come out in michils during hartal?
4. Do you think the hatirjhil alokshojja to celebrate 20,000 watt or some **** like that is a waste of time and money or BIG waste of time and money?
5. How to solve Dhaka janjhots?
Old November 18, 2013, 01:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
2. Yes, updated it. Missing the MECA this year. 50 year anniversary would sure be pretty fun.
When is it? Is it next year December? Time do fly. Were you there (enrolled) for the 25th? That was epic for us. We represented the highest number as Ex. Alamgir was a sure hit before he had his show on TV.