facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 29, 2015, 05:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after
Default Congratulations Australia for winning the Cricket World Cup 2015

CONGRATZ AUSTRALIA

Such easy win. WELL DONE!

Commiseration New Zealand. Well played through the WC.

This is now the 5th World Cup Australia won. Remarkable achievement

Old March 29, 2015, 05:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Congratulations Australia. This one is for Phillip Hughes.

And farewell to Michael Clarke.
Old March 29, 2015, 05:30 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Well deserved!!!
Old March 29, 2015, 05:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Congrats. The best team won the cup.
Old March 29, 2015, 05:47 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Well done! You are the best - Aussie Team!
Old March 29, 2015, 05:54 AM
Administrator

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WCChampsAustralia.jpg (227.6 KB, 254 views)
Old March 29, 2015, 05:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

congratlation Aussies. its been an absolute domination of WC. you have achieved 5!!!
Old March 29, 2015, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Congrats Australia. They should just call it the Aussie cup!
Old March 29, 2015, 06:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Era pareo
Old March 29, 2015, 06:44 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Era pareo
amra keno parina
Old March 29, 2015, 06:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
amra keno parina
ভাই থামেন অনেক হইসে
Old March 29, 2015, 07:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
amra keno parina
Karon 26 boshor boishey amader bhuri hoiye jai. #1 howa'r por batting bhiley jai. forward defense. catch drop. physically mentally unfit.

Congratulations Australia.
Old March 29, 2015, 07:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

#gotitback
Old March 29, 2015, 07:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AC Gilchrist

Not as close as I expected but I don't think any player out there would say it was a cakewalk. They needed a good performance to beat a good team and they delivered a good one under pressure while NZ unfortunately left their worst for last. Wasn't too worried about losing the toss because I trust our bowling attack to keep us competitive whether we bat first or chase. Obviously batting first is always preferable because it’s good having runs on the board and creating scoreboard pressure but if you have good bowlers there’s no fear about bowling first. All about bowling with discipline, bowling to your field and supporting the bowling with a superb fielding effort. Starc and Jonno bowled some hostile spells and Hazlewood supported them by keeping it tight. Useful contributions from our so-called bits and pieces players as well. When you take early wickets it kills the run rate unless you have players that can play low risk shots and still keep the scoreboard ticking over but they bowled the right channels, didn't bowl too many boundary balls and starved NZ of runs. It wasn't just one bowler although Starc really put them on the back foot early - everyone contributed so the pressure was on all the time.

Elliott played a good positive knock but I felt Macca and Williamson were a bit overawed by the occasion. Clearly Macca wanted to impose himself on the game early and he knew that smacking Starc around would be a huge psychological lift for his team, but none of those balls were there to hit – the first two swung away from him while the third swung in to castle his stumps. Intent was right but you have to be judicious with the balls you pick to hit over the fence. He gambled and lost and that set the tone for the NZ innings and the OZ bowlers had their tails up. Williamson looked very hesitant. I was a little worried about the middle part of the innings when the frontline bowlers were spelled and NZ were 3/150 or whatever it was but Maxwell and Faulkner repaid the selectors’ faith in them. Faulkner’s got such a positive attitude, you could see it when he got flogged around by India in the semi but came back to take key wickets, he didn’t let his head drop or let the assault change his bowling plans. Three wickets and we didn’t even have to bowl out Starc, Jonno or Hazlewood. Watson’s bowling days are past him I reckon, he bowls such military medium and doesn’t really move the ball anymore, I think it’s time to replace him with Mitchell Marsh for the future. This WC should be his swansong IMO. Unlike Pup who got to choose his departure, I don't think Watto will get to choose his.

183 was about 100 runs below par on what was a good batting surface. Warner gave the OZ a good start with some cowlashing. He was always going to get out the way he played but with a small total to chase the 45 runs he scored quickly meant that a third of the runs had been knocked off already by him and Smith by the time he got out. Our middle order is pretty solid, they just needed to add another 80-100 runs with the hitters coming in at the end. Once they saw off Boult half the battle was won. Southee was pretty ordinary today. Clarke couldn't have asked for a better ODI swansong and fitting that Steve Smith (who wasn't even in the ODI side before the start of the WC) hit the winning runs at the end. Clarke looked to be in tears as he walked off looking at the sky. A cricket summer that started so horribly for Australians at least finished with some joy and I'm sure they all wanted to share it with Hughesy

Full credit to NZ as they were clearly one of the two best sides in the tournament but I think they got a bit of stage fright. They have a lot to be proud of, awesome bowling attack and dynamic at the top with a great captain in Macca. Maybe just a bowler short. The OZ were just too good on the day and handled the pressure better. People can talk about how we are overrated and the team is full of hacks and only has two good bowlers but they have delivered in the crunch when they have had to, even bowling first. The OZ have big match temperament and these senior players know how to perform at their best in big games. They embraced the pressure and the expectation. I think NZ probably struggled with the pressure but they will be better for the occasion, they still have a lot of young players and a positive captain in Macca.

There’s a lot of matchwinners in this OZ side and while none of them are great players or superstars they all stepped up at different times in this tournament. Most of the players contributed even Watson. Lehmann and Clarke prepared them well technically and most importantly mentally. Took the wicket out of the equation with a great bowling performance that strangled NZ and took wickets at key moments. Starc and Johnson set the standard early. Takes a lot of mental strength to bowl the way they did in a big final especially when everyone says you can’t win in Australia batting second. When you have a good bowling attack it doesn’t matter if you bowl first or second in Australia you will be competitive.

Two best teams in the competition and fitting that they met in the final. We tease the Hobbits a lot but we have a very strong sporting bond with them, in cricket, rugby and rugby league, not even talking about netball and other sports. We fought together in two world wars and we are brothers. The ANZAC spirit lives on. They don’t even need visas to enter our country Be proud of your team NZ, it wasn't their day today but they are a class team and they united the country in a way I hadn't seen any other team than the All Blacks do.
Old March 29, 2015, 08:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

^^Bangladesh or any other cricketing nation can take a lot of cricketing lessons from Australia and Australian Cricket Culture.
Old March 29, 2015, 08:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Spare a thought for George Bailey. This guy captained the team for most of 2013 & 2014 whenever Michael Clarke got injured. Captained the first match of this WC and won. Scored a half century too. His ODI record is one of the best in the world ATM. As a captain he is as good as Michael or may be better. But had to give his spot away to Michael Clarke. Still the guy was smiling all the time.
Old March 29, 2015, 09:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
Spare a thought for George Bailey. This guy captained the team for most of 2013 & 2014 whenever Michael Clarke got injured. Captained the first match of this WC and won. Scored a half century too. His ODI record is one of the best in the world ATM. As a captain he is as good as Michael or may be better. But had to give his spot away to Michael Clarke. Still the guy was smiling all the time.
That's what being a team player is about. He was interviewed immediately after the game and asked if he was frustrated being dropped and he said "well you'd rather be playing but I'm proud of the team and and what they have achieved, I feel I am a part of this team and it's been a privilege even being on the sidelines watching them win this World Cup".

Our team on this occasion had no single great superstar player but everyone contributed.
Old March 29, 2015, 12:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Best team in the tournament!

Ozgod, how come only 500 posts here in 9 years but boatloads over at pakpassion? Surely we're a more inviting environment then them?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 29, 2015, 01:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Best team in the tournament!

Ozgod, how come only 500 posts here in 9 years but boatloads over at pakpassion? Surely we're a more inviting environment then them?
Strictly an issue of time mate >< My friends at Caribbeancricket are saying the same thing. I hope to post here more often though
Old March 29, 2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZGOD
Strictly an issue of time mate >< My friends at Caribbeancricket are saying the same thing. I hope to post here more often though
Great win mate. A warm congrats.

Nice to see you back
Old March 29, 2015, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/mobile/i...Dp6_N.facebook

Oh no. Some AUS players even refused to shake hands with Srini.
Old March 29, 2015, 02:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

A big CONGRATS to AUSTRALIA and commiserations to New Zealand. Both parties have done well in this WC.

I'm excited to see the new group of players FROM AUS/NZ/BD/SL. They are full of confidence and the future looks good.

Finally, a special shout-out to the players who've played their last ODI's in this WC'15:
- Sangakara, Jayawarden, Misbah, Afridi, Clarke, Vettori and others.
Old March 29, 2015, 09:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Who said Aussie Era is gone?
Old March 31, 2015, 06:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Who said Aussie Era is gone?
Well it was gone till a few years ago. I've been watching cricket since the 1980s and I'm not convinced it has returned yet.
Old March 31, 2015, 09:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZGOD
Well it was gone till a few years ago. I've been watching cricket since the 1980s and I'm not convinced it has returned yet.
that era of steve waugh/ponting is hard to replace. but this might be the beginning of a new era. The squad looks very balanced with no bits and pieces player. Starc coming to bat 10 shows the depth in batting. Bowling is fast and pacy. But they need 1-2 very good spinners for subcontinent and slow conditions. Maxwell isn't a genuine spinner. Lyon is fantastic in tests but they need someone for shorter versions.