facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2005, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Rediff article on \"Bangla Bomber\" Ashraful

I personally think this is a deliberate conspiracy by teh Indian media to malign Bangladesh. I mean, look at the title "The Bangla Bomber". Who in his right mind would come up with a title like that.

Another shoddy attempt by the scheming Indian media to paint Bangladesh with the color of fundamentalists.

It seems the whole article is about a 21 year old Jehadi who dropped Bombs on unsuspecting and innocent Aussies and caused mayhem and destruction. He blew up a few English people the next day with an equally destructive bomb. His next mayhem is expected soon.

This can't be true. It seems like a genuine rediff conspiracy to me. We should all stand up and protest.

The Bangla Bomber
http://specials.rediff.com/cricket/2005/jun/24sld1.htm

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 8:02 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.
Reason: Edited title to calrify the theme of the article.

Old June 24, 2005, 01:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

theres nothing bad, only great things said about ashraful and how he's the conerstone of bangladesh cricket.

It talks about him handling Muralitharan, praise from
Tendulakar

'This guy is talented. He batted really well and handled pressure very well,' Tendulkar said

It's a good article about ashraful
Old June 24, 2005, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Well, only good things about Ashraful was written there....
Old June 24, 2005, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
I personally think this is a deliberate conspiracy by teh Indian media to malign Bangladesh. I mean, look at the title "The Bangla Bomber". Who in his right mind would come up with a title like that.

Another shoddy attempt by the scheming Indian media to paint Bangladesh with the color of fundamentalists.

It seems the whole article is about a 21 year old Jehadi who dropped Bombs on unsuspecting and innocent Aussies and caused mayhem and destruction. He blew up a few English people the next day with an equally destructive bomb. His next mayhem is expected soon.

This can't be true. It seems like a genuine rediff conspiracy to me. We should all stand up and protest.

The Bangla Bomber
Stop with this shoddy attempt at sarcasm. It serves no purpose other than rile people up and just drags this forum down.

Refrain. And this is not a request.

- Mod
Old June 24, 2005, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Zunaid,

Your point (and warning) taken. The sole regret is, similar more damaging, more caustic and more sarcastic note by many other hon'able members are neither warned nor even 'noticed' per se.

I am taking a self-exile from the board till the time i can bring some sanity back to myself.

Thanks for accomodating me.
Old June 24, 2005, 01:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Listen everyone if you read DJ Sahastra's other articles, he is just trying to provoke the Bangladeshi fans in this web site.

Remember, according to D J Bangladeshi's are emotional race especially when it comes to India. If you want proof, I can reprint one of his postings.

So careful.!!

Quote:

The Bangla Bomber
Old June 24, 2005, 01:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Zunaid,

Your point (and warning) taken. The sole regret is, similar more damaging, more caustic and more sarcastic note by many other hon'able members are neither warned nor even 'noticed' per se.

I am taking a self-exile from the board till the time i can bring some sanity back to myself.

Thanks for accomodating me.
Trust me.. Zunaid has personally warned me when I have posted [albeit very upset] post against the British media.

So, please don't think anyone is above the integrity of this website.

Regards,

Azim
Old June 24, 2005, 01:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

jeeze! now people cant even be sarcastic anymore. so sensitive!!

blah
Old June 24, 2005, 01:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Thank you Mr. Zunaid for your stern warning! Very timely. The poster takes every oppurtunity to dig out any article that sees BD in a positive light in his mind, and posts it in a condascending sarcastic manner. We are not all school boys here.

Rediff, which is a right wing media outet, in their infinite wisdom, still refuses to inlcude Bangladesh in their system of rankings! To me, that is a sign off utter contempt. No amount of feel good story written about Ashraful changes the reality. I have written to them about it several times and got responses that made no sense whatsoevr.
Old June 24, 2005, 01:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Enough DJ.
We have found you to be a nice external member an supporter of BD cricket and stop pulling these stuff anymore! Dont spoil your own reputation by doing so!

Some of our members over here are understandably overly reactive sometimes to these issues and it's not really a good taste to contineously attempt to play with it!

Lets stop pulling these stuff once and for all!
Old June 24, 2005, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally posted by CTazim
Listen everyone if you read DJ Sahastra's other articles, he is just trying to provoke the Bangladeshi fans in this web site.

Remember, according to D J Bangladeshi's are emotional race especially when it comes to India. If you want proof, I can reprint one of his postings.

So careful.!!

REALLY!!
This is the 1st time i am experiencing this kind of matter (moderator making us aware of a member) in this website...............

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 7:01 PM GMT, by yaseer.
Old June 24, 2005, 01:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Guys,
I really think we're getting carried away with DJ's intention.
Along with a couple of others Indian members of BC, DJ has always been very supportive of our team. I have always liked his sense of humor, his effort to put things in a different point of view always helped me to be more objective (as per as stuff on BanglaCricket.com).

I think there are too many of those conspiracy theorist among us. It baffles me how everything manages to become connected to Indian and Pakistani ploys of trying to ruin/control us.
If I were either an Indian or Pakistani who reading those allegations, I too, will try to defend or explain away my side.
IMHO, we really need to quit obssessing over how the Indians and Pakistanis view us. We march ONLY to our own drums..thats why we managed to be part of neither one. Let them write whatever, think whatever....

We need members who with various POVs as long as they are not offensive and breaking the forum rules. It makes thing more interesting.

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 6:56 PM GMT, by BushidoTiger.
Old June 24, 2005, 01:59 PM
Test Cricketer

THANK YOU!! i love you bushido tiger.
yeah...just be laid back please. and enjoy. relax. chill. this isn't patriotic...whatever it is.
Old June 24, 2005, 02:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally posted by shovon13
jeeze! now people cant even be sarcastic anymore. so sensitive!!

blah
yeah..but the same tricks get old after a while. yesterday it was the crocodile story, today the rediff article, and all associated with his sarcastic two-three liners to remind us the true good nature of anything and everything from India . While in reality it is quite the opposite. He was even micro-analyzing this tapan characters apology. Self-exile, he says..good riddance, I say...
Old June 24, 2005, 02:04 PM
Administrator

I agree DJ is very supportive of Bangladesh - and I appreciate his normal intentions. What got my goat, and perhaps I over reacted, and as such, I offer my apologies to DJ, is that more recent posts from DJ has been items all sarcastically playing on some of our own member's paranoid views on all things India. In moderation is it funny - if not, it just gets annoying and serves no useful purpose. Certain classes of sarcasm just fuels problems.
Old June 24, 2005, 02:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

FEI: I am not a moderator!!

Quote:
Originally posted by yaseer
Quote:
Originally posted by CTazim

So careful.!!

REALLY!!
This is the 1st time i am experiencing this kind of matter (moderator making us aware of a member) in this website...............

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 7:01 PM GMT, by yaseer.
Old June 24, 2005, 02:16 PM
Test Cricketer

yes, too much of anything is bound to get on anyone's nerves. i can sympathize with the members who feel irritated by DJ's sarcastic posts indirectly pointing out some outbursts at this forum at the indian media. of course it hurts when someone puts down our country. thats not funny.

DJ is an indian though. if we put ourselves in his shoes, and imagine coming to this forum and finding some posts that demean the indian media...and then attacking india and its people altogether, then perhaps we can see where DJ is coming from. he has his own pride, his own patriotic sense. our criticisms about the indian media may not be wrong at some cases, but there should be a better way to react to such things. and we should be able to accept apologies, and not be finding faults with it. we also shouldn't generalize about teh whole of indian media. we shouldn't be judgemental, rather we should be loving and accepting, some aspects that i always found in bengalis more than usual.

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 7:18 PM GMT, by shovon13.
Old June 24, 2005, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

I afraid some of our honorable members get a bit carried away by misinterpreting DJ's posts with a pinch of "conpiracy theory" salt. He has always been supportive to us and appears as a true fan of our cricket, unlike some amit like pseudo supporter here in this board. I used to read DJ's posts in BBC's TMS message board and found him always raising his voice in support of our cricket.

However, I suggest him not to come up with a sarcastic tone that might lead to misunderstand among our board members. C'mon DJ, do refrain from your self exile and join the party in our upcoming three matches.
Old June 24, 2005, 02:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

I am dumb founded here!!!!!!!! Where are all those things said in the report?
Must be match anxiety or hallucination.

Thanks for putting in the source. It was good to read those pieces. Good stuff about Ash.
Old June 24, 2005, 02:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Agreed!

Quote:
Originally posted by shovon13
yes, too much of anything is bound to get on anyone's nerves. i can sympathize with the members who feel irritated by DJ's sarcastic posts indirectly pointing out some outbursts at this forum at the indian media. of course it hurts when someone puts down our country. thats not funny.

DJ is an indian though. if we put ourselves in his shoes, and imagine coming to this forum and finding some posts that demean the indian media...and then attacking india and its people altogether, then perhaps we can see where DJ is coming from. he has his own pride, his own patriotic sense. our criticisms about the indian media may not be wrong at some cases, but there should be a better way to react to such things. and we should be able to accept apologies, and not be finding faults with it. we also shouldn't generalize about teh whole of indian media. we shouldn't be judgemental, rather we should be loving and accepting, some aspects that i always found in bengalis more than usual.

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 7:18 PM GMT, by shovon13.
Old June 24, 2005, 02:43 PM
Administrator

I think it is time for everyone to take a deep breath and move on to cricket.

Let's be less jingoistic and be more tolerant as we claim we are.

Let's develop a thicker skin.

Let's not tar an entire nation because of the acts of a few.

Joshi != India
Miandad != Pakistan
Scyld Barry != England
Richie Benaud != Australia
Old June 24, 2005, 02:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

BTW... forgot to mention!

This one is a wonderfull artile on Ashraful! Highlights all the bright spots on his career!
Old June 24, 2005, 03:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

DJ was just kidding, guys.
Old June 24, 2005, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default But

Ashraful = Bangladesh

Banglacricket.com is boring!!
Old June 24, 2005, 03:36 PM
Street Cricketer

Hmm.. I still don't understand what Dj did wrong. May be the moderators need a break.