facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 3, 2018, 01:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

for me personally, there are many many many hahahahahahaha

Looking back in 2007-2010 there were many Immature moments of mine. If i look back now, there were certain posts or the way i reacted to certain members or certain situations i would handle slightly differently and not get triggered by every "bait".

I opened a Match thread against Sri Lanka in 2009 and Bangladesh won. subhanAllah! that was one of the sweetest moments of my life. it was indeed nothing short of a miracle. at that time, Bangladesh were super super weak lead by Ashraful and just lost to Zimbabwe.

win against England: First Test victory against a superpower of the game (This was actually more recent)

When I was in college, I was a lot more God-conscious and islamic minded than i am now. there was a time in BC where a week or a day wouldn't go by without somebody opening up a thread involving some form of islamic discussion/"somebody would open up a can of worms" be it intentionally or unintentionally. I can understand, how for many people, talking about faith and/or religion is a very touchy and emotional topic. Despite that, many religious debates, I thoroughly enjoyed. there are many threads where I provided an answer from Qur'an + Hadith and a lot of people just shut up after that Alhamdulillah

Overall, by Allah's infinite grace and mercy, somehow, a lot of people respected me. those things meant a lot to me personally.

There was this game called FTP(From The Pavillion)(it still exists lol, we just got bored with it). I was assistant Manager of Bangladesh team and the rankings for Bangladesh even in the fantasy world was low. Bangladesh managed to beat England(A top ranked team at that time in FTP) when i set the lineup and tactics. there was Akib, B_K, tonoy, gunda, bangle-red, parvez and many others who kept the forum alive and fun. also in that team, I managed a super weak team and many times, Alhamdulillah, I defeated top teams.

Meeting Roman, mufi in NYC in 2012 and uploading pics here. it was a pretty solid outing and we had a ton of fun. Meeting Ajfar, Orpheus/iDumb, and mufi and Ajfar in NYC numerous times and having good ole fun.

Alhamdulillah! we had some great times related to BanglaCricket. Honestly, to tell you the truth: following Bangladesh cricket through thick and thin involves a lot of sacrifices, a lot of pain and drama. To put things in perspective, We celebrate and take for granted each and every success we have now, but there was once upon a time when we had to wait longer than one year for one win against G8. without you guys, following Bangladesh cricket would not have been as much fun or exciting. thank you for being part of the journey with me.

Old January 3, 2018, 01:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Great read Rifat.

Yeah I agree. Totally on point... I was expecting TE to look like this:

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 3, 2018, 01:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
One more.

My white wash sign at the stadium against Zim. Coming in the front page next day in most daily newspapers. Clearly showing banglacricket.com and Tigers_eye
Speaking of FP, loved your article. A timeless classic!

Old January 3, 2018, 01:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

When I was in college, I was a lot more God-conscious and islamic minded than i am now. there was a time in BC where a week or a day wouldn't go by without somebody opening up a thread involving some form of islamic discussion/"somebody would open up a can of worms" be it intentionally or unintentionally. I can understand, how for many people, talking about faith and/or religion is a very touchy and emotional topic. Despite that, many religious debates, I thoroughly enjoyed. there are many threads where I provided an answer from Qur'an + Hadith and a lot of people just shut up after that Alhamdulillah
Don't mean to be disrespectful, but...lol...your ant thread brings back memories. :p

Old January 3, 2018, 01:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Sohel bhai was also in that get together I talked about. lol how did i forget him! the ponytail is hard to forget!. there was a BD vs Zim match going on that we were all seeing that match live on tv. i was eating up everything sohel bhai was telling. that guy's cricket knowledge is amazing. another guy I wish would come back to BC
As far as cricketing history, possibly no one can top Razab uncle.

Old January 3, 2018, 01:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Don't mean to be disrespectful, but...lol...your ant thread brings back memories. :p
. Yes. that Ant thread. It was actually a good topic or a good thread. It is just that I failed to properly explain my point of view with that at that time. It is not always good to assume that everyone is on the same wavelength as you. for many people, sometimes you have to break down the simplest of ideas in very simple laymen terms for them to understand. You can't always assume that people will immediately understand your message or point of view simply because they haven't walked in your shoes.
Old January 3, 2018, 01:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Look at this thread .. LOL

Break my FAST if you can.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=34101

Old January 3, 2018, 01:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
. Yes. that Ant thread. It was actually a good topic or a good thread. It is just that I failed to properly explain my point of view with that at that time. It is not always good to assume that everyone is on the same wavelength as you. for many people, sometimes you have to break down the simplest of ideas in very simple laymen terms for them to understand. You can't always assume that people will immediately understand your message or point of view simply because they haven't walked in your shoes.
LOL dude at least be happy it is a Hall of Fame thread.

FWIW the amount of knowledge Sohel dropped....sheesh that's like Cambridge Philosophy Companion level sh..

Maybe someone should open 'your top ten favorite thread' thread.

Old January 3, 2018, 06:18 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Look at this thread .. LOL

Break my FAST if you can.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=34101
lol dinraat should read my only post on that thread

curious mind wants to know oidin shakib ki korsilo...vhule gesi
Old January 3, 2018, 07:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Now I really feel like a visitor to this forum
Old January 3, 2018, 10:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

There was this game called FTP(From The Pavillion)(it still exists lol, we just got bored with it). I was assistant Manager of Bangladesh team and the rankings for Bangladesh even in the fantasy world was low. Bangladesh managed to beat England(A top ranked team at that time in FTP) when i set the lineup and tactics. there was Akib, B_K, tonoy, gunda, bangle-red, parvez and many others who kept the forum alive and fun. also in that team, I managed a super weak team and many times, Alhamdulillah, I defeated top teams.
I am still on that game. It would be nice if the new members also join there, so to keep up some sort of rivalry and/or comradery.

It is in fact a good way to keep this forum lively. And getting to know the other members even more!
Old January 3, 2018, 10:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Only BC members I actually met in real life are Maysun, Sohel bhai and Rabz bhai.

Edit:
Here you go:

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ad.php?t=41053
Gem of a thread.
Old January 3, 2018, 10:55 AM
Cricket Savant

In an effort...I ask to continue with the gem making of a thread process.

Let it rage...living in the past only lasts for a short time. Always remember, a hot soup eventually will cool down.