facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 4, 2018, 09:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Shibal bhai, youre in luck. I happen to know the premier sylheti matchmaker in the UK. I've told him about your specific requirements and he found 3 girls. Please see below and if youre interested, we can talk next steps.

1) First up is lovely Amaya. As you can see, she is not short of looks. With a height of 5'8", she is sure to turn heads. She definitely has a wild side, I mean just look at the way she carelessly rides the swings. Why not tame her and make her your?

2) ahh what have we here? Selfie queen? Baap re baap. As you can see, Sumaya is perhaps more British then Sylheti. What she lacks in piousness, she more than makes up for in her appearance. Look at those Pakistani looking eyes, the Persian chin, and those European fingers. A non-bengali looking girl fit for our bengali prince!

3) Last but not least, we have the marvelous Mohona. Broad shoulders, head held high, a high school dropout, what more could your parents want? Definitely the most pious of the 3 - no Sir, no hindu influence in this household. But if you think she can't handle the modern society up in that frozen tundra you call Canada, then let me paraphrase a famous rapper and say what we have here is a lady in the sheets, alhamdulillah on the streets!

Post of the year

On a related note - why hasn't anyone come up with BD version of Shaadi.com yet?

and to the thread opener - as long as you can speak Sylheti, any UK Sylheti girl will marry you

Old September 4, 2018, 10:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Post of the year

On a related note - why hasn't anyone come up with BD version of Shaadi.com yet?

and to the thread opener - as long as you can speak Sylheti, any UK Sylheti girl will marry you
A BD web matrimonial site will have stiff competition from the traditional methods of match making and probably not feasible. I heard the newer and more trendy option is to visit match making dinners specifically for the Sylheti community.

I think you are giving the thread a rather over optimistic pump by saying any girl will marry him, although I am sure that is what he was looking for and one he has already assumed based on his comments .
Old September 4, 2018, 10:12 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Is this kind of racist views common with a lot of Sylheties? Unbelievable!
Old September 4, 2018, 10:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default I usually don't attack a new member but....

Where to start? Welcome to BC?
+++
Bangali with non-Bangali looks.
Bangali girl (where the average height is under 5 feet or barely 5'1") must be 5' 5".

Sylheti but not from Hobigonj.
UK resident but willing to move. Why don't you move? (It would be a hijra for the sake of your next generation. Plus closer to Motherland Sylhet.)
+++
The whole approach is wrong.
Seek for 15 years older pious rich widow. I dare say, that would be considered as Sunnah as well, we all IGNORE this part. May be there is more Barakah in it and we don't know.
+++
Finally what is your profession? Your income level. As a parent (of early 20s girls), that is what most of them would ask first. Will my daughter be financially secured?
Old September 4, 2018, 10:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Is this kind of racist views common with a lot of Sylheties? Unbelivable!
From my experience, it is more common with the Sylhetis who have not mixed much with non Sylethis and straight ended up working in the restaurant or benefits trade in the UK. They then implant this bad impression about other Bangladeshis (who they think are all Dhakaayees) to their children.

Anyone who has been a student in the UK and has been in East London will most likely have a British Sylheti racist story to share. But this racism is harmless, albeit being very rude and disappointing as we all are originate from the same country.
Old September 4, 2018, 10:23 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Please contact Mufi. He is the Owner of BC Sylhet fan club, and he knows many sylheti girls.
Old September 4, 2018, 10:25 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
From my experience, it is more common with the Sylhetis who have not mixed much with non Sylethis and straight ended up working in the restaurant or benefits trade in the UK. They then implant this bad impression about other Bangladeshis (who they think are all Dhakaayees) to their children.

Anyone who has been a student in the UK and has been in East London will most likely have a British Sylheti racist story to share. But this racism is harmless, albeit being very rude and disappointing as we all are originate from the same country.
Dont understand the grudge sylhetis have against Dhaka Polapains. Dont they know that Dhakar pola very very smart?
Old September 4, 2018, 10:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Dont understand the grudge sylhetis have against Dhaka Polapains. Dont they know that Dhakar pola very very smart?
its the language barrier more than anything else... Amra Dhakaiya Maati unlike them
Old September 4, 2018, 10:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I think now after the song came out they are learning Dhakar Pola kemon

Sylheti's coming out with some cheesy numbers too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Jr1wxCpuQ
Old September 4, 2018, 10:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Please contact Mufi. He is the Owner of BC Sylhet fan club, and he knows many sylheti girls.
Not sure if the immortal Ghatok Pakhi Bhai can assist this Shibal dude

http://ghotokpakhivaibd.com/ws/

Btw the Bird Pakhi Bhai helping others catch Birds (mind the pun)
Old September 4, 2018, 10:37 AM
Cricket Guru

What I want to know is why this Shibal came to a cricket website and opened his first thread and first comment by glorifying himself and looking for a companion. I know other random people trying to sell fake goods but this seems suspicious to me.

I have a feeling he is using an alias and uses another nick when he chats about cricket.

Also the meaning of SHIBAL in korean is quite rude.
Old September 4, 2018, 10:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Probably Firebreaker
Old September 4, 2018, 10:55 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Takes pride in being confused for a pakistani.. just wow
Old September 4, 2018, 10:57 AM
Cricket Savant

But we have to admit, it is a 'hit' thread.
Old September 4, 2018, 11:38 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Takes pride in being confused for a pakistani.. just wow
Our beloved Shahadat Hossain also loved the fact that he being confused for a Pakistani.
Old September 4, 2018, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
This very true for Sylhetis. One Sylheti guy once said the cultures of other districts are too different from Sylheti culture.

Of course I did not believe it. The main reason is some inherent bias (to put it mildly and I am speaking in general and not referring any negative about the opening poster in any way). This is common throughout in BD.

Ever heard of BNCC? Barisal, Noakhali, Comilla, and Chadpur - means automatic blacklist with regards to marriage for many in BD. No amount of reasoning can overturn it.

The same thing is also prevalent among Pakistani and Arab culture. Especially the girl's dad will be OK marrying off her daughter with a cab driver of same ethnicity over marrying her to a prince of another nation. Other ethnicity = over my dead body.
Ay hay, amar bou to Barishaler!
Old September 4, 2018, 02:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

shibal,
-is not a rarity among BD girls. e.g. Bidya Sinha Saha Mim
-Non-Bengali face ... you know our girls don't look like kajer buas, right? e.g. Bidya Sinha Saha Mim, Mahiya Mahi, Pori Moni, Eamin Haque Bobby, Borsha

Now, for some serious conversations...
British Syleti girls are no way in hell interested in going abroad to cold Canada. They are content with marrying here in the UK, where they have their entire dynasties and friends living here. They get free money ( govt. benefits ) and free flats ( govt. discounted ) and their boyfriends drive the latest Audis. The in-laws will ask you for £50k as den mohor.

Now, tell me, do you drive an Audi A9? or have £50k?

Dekhen, desher kuno meyeke potaitey parena naki.
Old September 4, 2018, 02:47 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Wow! It's amazing and how unnecessarily butthurt a bunch of you got just because a sylheti guy said he wants to marry pretty but religious sylheti girl. My opening post did not have any statements or writing to put down the non-sylheti community or any reasons to why I don't want to go for a non-sylheti what so ever, yet you guys just had to go out fishing for dirt by asking a sylheti guy "why sylheti?" Might as well put down pathans for wanting pathans, same goes for Punjabis, Gujratis, Malays, Marathis etc.
Old September 4, 2018, 03:01 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
shibal,
-is not a rarity among BD girls. e.g. Bidya Sinha Saha Mim
-Non-Bengali face ... you know our girls don't look like kajer buas, right? e.g. Bidya Sinha Saha Mim, Mahiya Mahi, Pori Moni, Eamin Haque Bobby, Borsha

Now, for some serious conversations...
British Syleti girls are no way in hell interested in going abroad to cold Canada. They are content with marrying here in the UK, where they have their entire dynasties and friends living here. They get free money ( govt. benefits ) and free flats ( govt. discounted ) and their boyfriends drive the latest Audis. The in-laws will ask you for £50k as den mohor.

Now, tell me, do you drive an Audi A9? or have £50k?

Dekhen, desher kuno meyeke potaitey parena naki.
Thank you for giving me a concise answer sir.
Old September 4, 2018, 03:02 PM
Cricket Savant

One thing I can assure you is that you'll not be finding a Sylheti girls on this forum; matter of fact, no girls.
Old September 4, 2018, 03:12 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
One thing I can assure you is that you'll not be finding a Sylheti girls on this forum; matter of fact, no girls.
Nah man I ain't looking for no stranger sylheti girl. The process for looking for a girl is pretty rigorous for my family, it's not just a no-body pretty sylheti girl we pick from the streets of anywhere. You got to do family background checks, and see if the family is related distantly to some sylheti family you know and so and such.....

All I was looking for was a british sylheti member's perspective that's it.
Old September 4, 2018, 03:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibal
Nah man I ain't looking for no stranger sylheti girl. The process for looking for a girl is pretty rigorous for my family, it's not just a no-body pretty sylheti girl we pick from the streets of anywhere. You got to do family background checks, and see if the family is related distantly to some sylheti family you know and so and such.....

All I was looking for was a british sylheti member's perspective that's it.
After reading this, I wouldn't wanna be scrutinized like this.

Good luck with the search bro
Old September 4, 2018, 03:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Is this kind of racist views common with a lot of Sylheties? Unbelivable!
This guy could be a troll, to be honest. Or he's 12 years old. Harping on about his height and fair skin just seems fake to me. Even if one is all that, why would you bother to brag about it. On top of that this thread is his first post. So he's obviously here to troll us.

Sylhetis definitely can think of themselves as different from Bengalis, and thats always a fine line to having supremacist beliefs. I'm sure there are Sylhetis who think Bengalis are inferior, but they would be an OVERWHELMING minority.

In fact, most Sylhetis think they are Bengali (a debatable topic) so its not like they say "Bengalis are inferior" they just think they are the real Bengalis.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 4, 2018, 03:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibal
Wow! It's amazing and how unnecessarily butthurt a bunch of you got just because a sylheti guy said he wants to marry pretty but religious sylheti girl. My opening post did not have any statements or writing to put down the non-sylheti community or any reasons to why I don't want to go for a non-sylheti what so ever, yet you guys just had to go out fishing for dirt by asking a sylheti guy "why sylheti?" Might as well put down pathans for wanting pathans, same goes for Punjabis, Gujratis, Malays, Marathis etc.
No one really cares who another forum member chooses as a spouse. But you spent your very first post here posting borderline racist and religiously intolerant stuff (Habiganjis being more "Hindu"). Even if that stuff is true, keep it to yourself. No one will impose their views on you, but you need to have enough respect not to do that to someone.

I'm from Moulvibazar too so afni amar deshor manush kintu elan divisive maat khoyyar dorkar asil ni? Bala kisu koite na farle chup chaap thaka usit.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 4, 2018, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
In fact, most Sylhetis think they are Bengali (a debatable topic) so its not like they say "Bengalis are inferior" they just think they are the real Bengalis.
We are Bangladeshis because we were born in Bangladesh.

We are Sylhetis because that is our language, our language is not Bengali (not sure if it makes sense).