facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 19, 2005, 10:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
hmmm i am not so sure. without murali srilanka wont be half the test side they are. infact has sl ever got a test win without murali?
Why don't you look at the stat before making a comment?

Old September 19, 2005, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Quote:
hmmm i am not so sure. without murali srilanka wont be half the test side they are. infact has sl ever got a test win without murali?
Sad! Some of us think Sri-Lanka means Murali. Never even think how strong Cricketing history they have. Ofcourse they have won without Murali. Infact they won against the Mighty Indians 1st win against Ind and pakis (checkout the allstar lineups 1985/86) Win against pakis 6/7 years before Murali even made his Debut.
u didnt get my drift. they may have won few tests long ago before murali started his career. but once he started it, it is really hard to find a sl win without muralis contribution. infact 1 or 2 tests they won outside subcontinet were also due to murali. srilankan attack is very much a one man show.
Old September 19, 2005, 01:18 PM
Banned

true indeed
Old September 20, 2005, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

so much for the "psychological advantage" so far
Old September 20, 2005, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by vindeshi
BD batsmen now can utilize the depressive mental condition that Murali is undergoing now after he is accused of betting connection in Mumbai and also maintaning relationship with a bar dancer. So, this should have some effecs in his bowling against BD, now our players should show aggressiveness against him. For more info about Murali's possible involvement in a gambling and match-fixing read Ace spinner denies links with bar dancer
Can we send our batsmen to Mumbai for betting and then leak the info to the press which will send our players to depression and they will start batting like Murali.
Old September 20, 2005, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

it wont make them depressed. lojja nai to
Old September 20, 2005, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Old September 20, 2005, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by rohitha
This is funny. Murali to be dragged into such trivial things ??? Not a chance. Just think of the people who have tried to wreck his career...

1) ACB
2) Aus Media,
3) Darrel Hair,
4) Ross Emerson
5) John Howard
6) Aus public
7) Nasser Hussain
8) David Lloyd
9) Bishen Bedi
10) Michael Holding
11) and now so-called Indian Authoritie
12) and many more to come....

Either Murali has had his emotional side of his brain surgically removed OR he is a man of steel. A true champion is a person who performs even when the chips are down.

That's why not a single Asian player can even touch Murali with a yardstick! If they had to go through what Murali has gone through, by now trees would have grown on thier graves.
Could you please refresh my memory as to what Michael Holding did?
Old September 20, 2005, 12:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

I think Murali is thinking of the exotic dancer in the Indian bar. This is motivating him so much that he is gonna make a half century tomorrow, and then take a total of 13 wickets in the two BD innings.
Old September 20, 2005, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by BonBon
I think Murali is thinking of the exotic dancer in the Indian bar. This is motivating him so much that he is gonna make a half century tomorrow, and then take a total of 13 wickets in the two BD innings.
Yep. She offered him a free dance if he scores a century.
Old September 20, 2005, 09:47 PM
Banned

hahaha thatz a good one. But anyways, the way that the bowlers (spinner mainly) bowled in first day were simply pathetic. Murali again get superv chance where the BD batsmen are in immense pressure now which can help Murali to get wickets easily. Now ita a matter of time how the BD batsmen throw wickets now.
Old September 21, 2005, 03:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Why do you guys talk so much of Murali ? You have enough to worry about your players.

BD has a lot of support in SL probably because you are struggling your way up like Sri Lanka did in the past. I too have written so much here in support of BD cricket. Any Sri Lankan visiting this site will now think twice.

Murali will shake this aside and move on. Sri Lanka will prosper in cricket. No one or nothing can stop that.
Old September 21, 2005, 03:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Quote:
Sad! Some of us think Sri-Lanka means Murali. Never even think how strong Cricketing history they have. Ofcourse they have won without Murali. Infact they won against the Mighty Indians 1st win against Ind and pakis (checkout the allstar lineups 1985/86) Win against pakis 6/7 years before Murali even made his Debut.
u didnt get my drift. they may have won few tests long ago before murali started his career. but once he started it, it is really hard to find a sl win without muralis contribution. infact 1 or 2 tests they won outside subcontinet were also due to murali. srilankan attack is very much a one man show.
Sri Lanka is very strong in international cricket, with or without Murali. No one can deny that. No one will spend time doing research to provide data to you to prove that, as this is a well known fact. Also it is quite silly to think of what Sri Lanka would be without Murali. Why should you imagine a Sri Lankan team without him, when he is very much a product of Sri Lanka, specifically our school cricket system. This is like you imagining yourself without your stomach or something else

When a Sri Lankan Development team was playing your team in a three -day match recently, Sri Lanka A was playing South Africa A in a 4-day unofficial test and the Sri Lanka (senior) team was resting pending the first test. Sri Lanka A beat South Africa A and the Development squad almost beat your national team. That is just a small indication of how strong Sri Lanka is in cricket.

As you have raised this question on Sri Lanka's strength, let me please say this with no offence to Bangladesh. The current Sri Lanka A team will beat the Bangladeshi national team or at least come very close to that.

Bangladesh has all the talent but it is all in pieces. There is no one to put it all together. This is why millions of Bangladeshi fans are disappointed time and again. You have enough to worry about without throwing stones at others, especially countries friendly towards Bangladesh.

Edited on, September 21, 2005, 9:02 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old September 21, 2005, 03:57 AM
Banned

Herath, you are a Garol..dont you see we love Murali...
Old September 21, 2005, 03:58 AM
Banned

No need for the Sri Lanka A team, I think SL womens U-19 will do the job..
Old September 21, 2005, 04:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
No need for the Sri Lanka A team, I think SL womens U-19 will do the job..
My intention was not to run down your team. I respect your team and Bangladesh.

It is sad to see that you have all the talent but it is all in disarray.

I think men like Habibul Bashar, Javed Omar, Shahadat, Rasel and Pilot deserve to be in a side which is not humiliated so often.

Habibul, especially, is international class and endears himself to people with his humble and down to earth attitudes. I only hope he could be a better captain.
Old September 21, 2005, 04:31 AM
Banned

No I am serious... our players arent man enough..they lack the spine..

we didnt expect to win in SL, we wanted performance..even defeats with glory.. our half ** team only gave us humiliation.
Old September 21, 2005, 04:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
No I am serious... our players arent man enough..they lack the spine..

we didnt expect to win in SL, we wanted performance..even defeats with glory.. our half ** team only gave us humiliation.
Let us hope Pilot salvages some pride for BD by putting up a fighting stand for the last wicket. The sun has come out and play is about to start. He seems to have the right, no-nonsense attitude. How and why did he lose the captaincy ? He seems good for the job.
Old September 21, 2005, 04:14 PM
Banned

well, everyone has his day, hope Pilot will show his real calibre today.
Old September 21, 2005, 04:18 PM
Club Cricketer

yep i know they can win without murali but it will be a little bit hard for them to win without him...
Old September 21, 2005, 09:07 PM
Banned

The topic of this forum is about how Murali's mental condition on betting crisis can affect him but nevertheless who is affecting now, yeah our own BD players are affected instead. I don't get this point if Srilanka can make 450+ runs how come Bashar claims that the batting collapse is due to the bad pitch where yet the BD batsmen scored less than 200 runs in each innings.