facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 4, 2005, 05:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Debate - Bangladesh\'s Sovereignty

There had been a discussion in calcutta on whether they Bangladesh should be kept sovereign.

Join Yes or No side. Debate with logic ...

Old October 4, 2005, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

let's see how many people say no
Old October 4, 2005, 07:48 PM
Club Cricketer

Who the heck gives a Rats.... what people from Calcutta have to say about our sovereignty. And its not new. there have been numerous calls for military intervention too.

My question is why is this even a topic of discussion?
Old October 4, 2005, 08:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

I would think this as a non issue .Both the Indians (Myself) and the Bangladeshi's would not dream of such a thing.

I cannot see this happening especially when there is growing hostility among the Indian's against the ever rising Bangladeshi immigrants.

People of East Bengal chose to be soverigh first in '47 then again in '74.India should (and does) respect that .A sense of mutual respect should be the driving fource.I guess India did show this when it (the Army) did nothing to stay back in '74.

To sum it up ...this is a complete non -issue with neither party intereseted in anything close to it.
Old October 4, 2005, 08:22 PM
Banned

Our famous Shahriar Kabir was present at this "discussion" with support.
Old October 4, 2005, 08:31 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by billah
Our famous Shahriar Kabir was present at this "discussion" with support.
Shahrior Kabir is actually belongs to " pro-Liberation" force. SO I guess saying it loud makes it ok.
Old October 5, 2005, 02:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

A stupid discussion, IMHO.

On other note, Calcatian should debate whether they should keep their language Bengali or change it to HIndi. They need to find their identity first and leave us alone.
Old October 5, 2005, 02:29 AM

They must have too much free time in hand to think of nothing good.
Old October 5, 2005, 03:11 AM
Test Cricketer

All over the world there are huge economic blocs developing. European Union had developed to compete effectively with one type of money and uniform rules, and power in numbers for the sake of the economic benefit.

Turkey is Islamic, but started talks yesterday to get in the European Union. Within a decade it'll be a done deal.

It is not totall improbable that one day Bangladesh might want to allign itself with India for their benefit, as all the smaller countries will be allighning with someone in the future, untill, the wolrd will become borderless and nationaless.

My country of birth, (Czech Republic), just joined the EU a couple of years back.

Sure it is not probably right now, but by the end of our lifetimes, it is a possibility, hence, talking about it is not out of the question.
Old October 5, 2005, 03:43 AM

Joining the EU and taken away BD's sovereignty by some other country IS TOTALLY two different thing. whiteguy, you should visit India NOT only Delhi or Bombay, but also other parts of India, especially south, which may help you to understand what kind of economic benefit could Bangladesh get from India by joining them.
Old October 5, 2005, 05:08 AM
Test Cricketer

I don't see it as a possibility currently. But as India, Pakistan and Bangladesh turn into 1st world powers, as is happening in the bigger cities and pockets of areas, and stability occurs, and as religion, language and ethnicity becomes unimportant, collectively, but rather the merit of each individual based in his/her willingness to pursue education and work hard becomes important, (the alliance of economic blocs will become evident to the political leaders and will become a possibility, IMO. But with Bangladesh being only a decade old democracy, and only a 30 something year old country, and only since 41 having it's own territory to call home, this process can't continue until Self - indentity is found, felt secured and discarded to be unimportant. At that juncture, it will become obvious, that individual and immediate family success, education, and job stability will be more important than the current psychological models, just mentioned above. This is just my opinion and guess, and I give this process less than 50 years.

But than, I could just be crazy. lol.

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 10:14 AM GMT, by whiteguy.

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 10:15 AM GMT, by whiteguy.
Old October 5, 2005, 05:29 AM
Test Cricketer

p.s. my point was that it certainly is a valid discussion, and our discussion here won't do anything to make it happen or not happen and it won't happen in the near future. But it is worthy of debate, to ponder the pro and cons of such an alliance. (but maybe leave that to the young guys, as the older war veterans and survivars of 71 would have a hard time swalling even ideas of even talking about something like that, since they fought for it so very hard, and understandably so. )

but the educated youngens know that the world is changing faster than I can say "the world is changing faster ....." and there is an intraversion of knowleadge, which is a new phenomena in human history.

With the advent of uniform, worldwide education, technology, children are teaching the parents how to do stuff rather than the other way around. I've consistently had to program the VCR for my parents after power outage. And the tv. and what a pain to teach them to use a computer, and email. I thought I was gonna go crazy.
Yet they should be teachin me. Progress is so fricking god damn exponentially fast, that it is not even keeping up with generations. It's nuts.
So changes are happening fast. All options should be on the table and open to discussion, including the topic of this thread.

ok, I'm done my readings on "Women's Long-Term Mating Strategies," (fascinating topic guys) and I'm going to bed.

Cheers y'all. good night.
Old October 5, 2005, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
But as India, Pakistan and Bangladesh turn into 1st world powers, as is happening in the bigger cities and pockets of areas,
You are smoking some very fine sensimilla.
Old October 5, 2005, 10:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by PoorFan
only Delhi or Bombay, but also other parts of India, especially south, which may help you to understand what kind of economic benefit could Bangladesh get from India by joining them.
Sorry I had to bump in here .Poor Fan I am not sure if you follow economics quiet well ! I dont want to go into the details but with the current growth rate (8 +) India is poised to be the fourth (in economic terms) by 2010 and 2nd by 2030 (yes overtaking USA).

As far as the south goes ..Banglore ,Hyderabad and Chennai have overtaken the
others ...and there is a healthy competetion among all the sates which we are proud of ...

Bagladesh aligning with India would be beneficial to both the countries .BD could
benifit from the economic growth that would perculate across the border ,India could benifit from a stable and vibrant country BD...

Aligning should not be taken as a threat to soverignity ..it is a matter of pure circumspection that would lead to peace and economic growth.

Also , there is a lot in common to both History ,race ,and yes Povery. I dont see why we cannot become natural alies ....

Old October 5, 2005, 11:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

why don't you first annex pakistan?
Old October 5, 2005, 12:17 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnab
Quote:
But as India, Pakistan and Bangladesh turn into 1st world powers, as is happening in the bigger cities and pockets of areas,
eita abar ki prokarer ghash? damn and I thought the hip drug was E. Getting old!
Old October 5, 2005, 12:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by mhferdaus
There had been a discussion in calcutta .....
Source?
Details??

Would you mind posting those here please?
Don't you think that you should atleast post some basic authentic information on your topic before you start a thread? Specially when you are willing to hear opinions on such a core issue....!!?

"There's been a discussion in wonderland...." could be enough to whine about a rumor... but surely not enough to have a worthy discussion.... let alone "join yes or no side"!!

Besides... what's the point of talking about some obviously substandard (those about BD sovereignity) opinions anyway?!
Old October 5, 2005, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnab

British General: But sire, these revolutionaries may become empowered to turn the Americas in to the strongest nation in the world!

King George V: What! The colonies? Haha... Yeah right.You are smoking some very fine sensimilla

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 5:56 PM GMT, by billah.

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 5:56 PM GMT, by billah.
Old October 5, 2005, 12:56 PM
Test Cricketer

I was just talking about this under "Is Turkey European thread and suggesting Bangladesh allign several days ago." It's the second last post before Xavier's.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...d=13043&page=2
Old October 5, 2005, 01:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
[i]

Besides... what's the point of talking about some obviously substandard (those about BD sovereignity) opinions anyway?!
[i]

Perhaps he just meant among some of his friends. It's been a discussion ever since Jinnah and Ghandi's break up in 41.

What was the point of discussing the end to communism in Czech Republic? Everyone there knew it wouldn't happen? But you know, one day it did.
What is the point to discussing that Quebec separates from Canada? It'll never happen! But you know one day it might.
What is the point to discussing the all the Canadia provinces will end up States of the USA? It'll never happen. We are WAY WAY better than the USA. No Way. But you know, one day it might.
At least talking about it brings to light some possibilities.
No biggie. It's just talking.

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 6:06 PM GMT, by whiteguy.

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 6:08 PM GMT, by whiteguy.
Reason: messed up
Old October 5, 2005, 01:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteguy
What was the point of discussing the end to communism in Czech Republic? Everyone there knew it wouldn't happen? But you know, one day it did.
What is the point to discussing that Quebec separates from Canada? It'll never happen! But you know one day it might.
What is the point to discussing the all the Canadia provinces will end up States of the USA? It'll never happen. We are WAY WAY better than the USA. No Way. But you know, one day it might.
At least talking about it brings to light some possibilities(!!).

Possibilities?!?!?!
Are you sure you are getting the scale right for the merit of this 'possibility'?! By the events you just mentioned there comparing them to the thread's issue.... its pretty obvious that you are probably mixing up a rat and an elephant.

Anyway... my curiosity is still about the source of the issue and the merit of the poeple involved. No appetite really to even make comments on the matter.

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 7:01 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Old October 5, 2005, 02:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
[i]

Possibilities?!?!?!
Are you sure you are getting the scale right for the merit of this 'possibility'?! By the events you just mentioned there comparing them to the thread's issu.... its pretty obvious that you are probably mixing up a rat and an elephant.

Anyway... my curiosity is still about the source of the issue and the merit of the poeple involved. No appetite really to even make comments on the issue.
Maybe a rat and an elephant will produce a raphant. Didn't think of that did you. Only such a conversation would produce such an outcome.

Further, the guy who started this thread just said that "There had been a discussion in calcutta on whether they Bangladesh should be kept sovereign." That could be his buddies, his friends, his daddy. What's the point of the source? If he didn't provide a source, than it just means him and his pals obviously. Do not average joes have merit also to have an opinion? In fact, I'd argue that in successful democracies, it's the average joe's that you try and probe to see what there opinion's are, for they will be the ones at the poles, and hence, THEY have merit in numbers.

Nevertheless, I can understand how it churns some poeple's stomachs, consdering the small amount of history I've accumulated recently about this region.
So peace brother. I'll meet you in another thread.
I gotta go study "Combating the Hostile Forces of Nature" hmmm should be interesting...
khuda havis
Old October 5, 2005, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

"If he didn't provide a source, than it just means him and his pals obviously"

Well, is he in Calcutta now? Otherwise how will it be a discussion in Calcutta?
Old October 5, 2005, 02:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
So peace brother. I'll meet you in another thread.
Pls don't go... !
This thread is actually far more important they any study!
Old October 5, 2005, 06:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
All over the world there are huge economic blocs developing. European Union had developed to compete effectively with one type of money and uniform rules, and power in numbers for the sake of the economic benefit.

Turkey is Islamic, but started talks yesterday to get in the European Union. Within a decade it'll be a done deal.

It is not totall improbable that one day Bangladesh might want to allign itself with India for their benefit, as all the smaller countries will be allighning with someone in the future, untill, the wolrd will become borderless and nationaless.

My country of birth, (Czech Republic), just joined the EU a couple of years back.

Sure it is not probably right now, but by the end of our lifetimes, it is a possibility, hence, talking about it is not out of the question.
I think in future there is a possibility of Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan forming some kind of Economic bloc. But that doesn't mean Bangladesh will join India and lose its sovereignty. Even in Europe, France Germany and other European Union members are all still individual countries.

I can forsee that SAARC will become an important Economic union like ASEAN or European Union nothing more than that..