facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 5, 2006, 05:21 AM
Club Cricketer

Default The numbers game (not cricinfo)

The following is a list of young International players, who are currently playing test cricket for thier respctive countries. The stat tries to show how much first class cricket has all these young players played besides test cricket (Bangladeshi stat and anlysis will follow later).

Player Age Country FC Tests Difference (FC - Tests)

I.Pathan 21 India 59 24 35

Gambhir 24 India 79 13 66

Yuvraj 24 India 65 15 50

Kaif 25 India 73 9 64

M.Clarke 25 Australia 75 22 53

S.Raina 19 India 23 0 0

V.Rao 24 India 60 0 0

S.Malik 24 Pakistan 66 15 51

I.Farhat 23 Pakistan 96 18 78

K.Akmal 23 Pakistan 105 23 82

M.Asif 23 Pakistan 56 5 51

Riaz Afridi 21 Pakistan 36 1 35

Butt 21 Pakistan 42 12 30

Bell 24 England 91 14 77

Old May 5, 2006, 08:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I think I know where you are going with this. Please consider the following facts before you make the final analysis with the stats you are providing.

1. Our talented young players are better than the older players.
a) Mash, b) rasel, c) Rajib, d) taposh are better than well any bowlers who are over 25 years old.

a) Ash, b) Aftab, c) SN, d) RS and the upcoming u-19 are better than Chacha, Akram, and anyone over 25 years.

so the young ones deserve their position more than the older ones.

2. Other test nations already had a stablished team with average age over 28. We on the other hand do not have that luxury. The young players mentioned in your list are all plug-ins to their team. The young players we have are the main stay. Give them 5 more years they will have more FC under their belt and fire in all cylinders.

3. Our FC can't be the judge yet like the other test nations. The standard is not up there.

4. Our boys started when there was no FC cricket but they had to play test cricket. So naturally the FC count would be less than what other nations young players have.

5. Other nation gets their new players from their FC cricket. Ours route is Junior cricket, age group cricket, A team, national team. For us to be like other nations is not realistic. We only have 2 years of FC cricket under our belts (and the number of games is a joke comparing to the county cricket). Buying time is the only thing we can do for now.
Old May 5, 2006, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Cats_eye, khela suru hobar agei sesh kore dilen??
Old May 5, 2006, 10:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

I find Cats_eye's points very reasonable, particularly #4 and #5
Old May 5, 2006, 07:02 PM
Test Cricketer

I know Cats_eye is correct but still it shows how badly we need to upgrad our FC system.
Old May 7, 2006, 05:12 AM
Club Cricketer

I dono what did u understand cats eye. But i still need some more time. actually i was making a table with the info but accidently deleted it. I am not trying to blame the players. Rather I am trying to blame the selecters. I am trying to say that these very young players shouldn't have been drafted so early with so little experince (bangladeshi players) when i bring the stat for our players u will notice the difference. If Bashar, Rafique Mashud and Omar r taken out this sie can well be an under 23 side with very little first class experince (without test matches)
Old May 7, 2006, 09:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Safaat, are you saying you would be happier if the selectors had continued with players such as Sanwar Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahman, and Al Shariar?
Old May 8, 2006, 11:21 AM
Club Cricketer

I will not be happy with Sanwar and mushfiq but surly AL Shahariar. But that is not my point. my point is that an irreverable mistake has been made by thrusting young players like Ashraful, Kapali, Hannan Sarkar, Tushar Imran so quikly into internationals without much domestic exposure. What these guys had was under 19 exposure or a couple of good first class score. None of them had played 30/40 firts class matches and were averaging in the 40s/50s. They were just raw talents. Imagine what would have been the situation if Ashraful was making his debut today with 50 odd first class matches and may be an average over 40. How many average in the late 30s. No one. And how can they? They are still learning. And it is not their fault. It is our selectors. What I am trying to say is that it is time to give the under 19 players chances at first class level and stop chancing them at International level. Give the likes of Tamim Iqbal, Mehrab, Mushfiq and whoever is there enough time to play first class cricket. Let them learn, let them know there game. Let them prove themselves by scoring runs/ taking wickets let them prove themselves through good Averages and then come to international level knowing what to do. Not relying on talent. PLS STOP BRINGING RAW PLAYERS.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

How would Ash, Kapali, Hannan have first class experience when they started test cricket before they had any FC to play for? FC started for two years only and these players were in the national team 3+ years. We started on the wrong foot. Now there is no time to look back and ponder what may have happened. The selectors had no control over why these boys did not have FC match experience. They should not be blamed for this. For the future, yes, I agree we should not recruit the young promising boys without much FC experience. This can and will be done because now we do have some FC games.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Good point...
Old May 9, 2006, 12:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
How would Ash, Kapali, Hannan have first class experience when they started test cricket before they had any FC to play for? FC started for two years only and these players were in the national team 3+ years. We started on the wrong foot. Now there is no time to look back and ponder what may have happened. The selectors had no control over why these boys did not have FC match experience. They should not be blamed for this. For the future, yes, I agree we should not recruit the young promising boys without much FC experience. This can and will be done because now we do have some FC games.
I checked out the archive of first class cricket in Bangladesh at cricinfo.com. It showns that 4 day games in Bangladesh started in the 1999-2000 season. Before that u had A teams touring. And I have just been shocked by a couple of names. Alok Kapali and Taposh Baisya playing for sylet against chittagong.

So FC cricket is not new to BD. 1999-2000. That is before test status. And more importantly it was well established in 2000-2001. So Ash should have not been playing against Srilanka that year but in the domestic cricket.

Any ways I am stressing the point, whatever has happened was, is an irreversable mistake and the selectoers should stop bringing any more under 19 players into the national slide. Give these guys 3/4 years at domestic level and let them learn and prove themselves. However at the same time give guys like Faisal Hussain, Ehsanu Haque, Al Shahriar Rokon, Hannan Sarkar, Mehrab Hussain/ another chance at international level. Give them chances in the A side. Try and bring them back. Where is Talha Jubair try and bring them back. But dont bring tamim iqbal, mehrab hussain jnr etc at international level. Let them play first class cricket and along side the mentioned A team cricket. But don't bring them to international level.
Old May 9, 2006, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Saafat, all those senior players you mentioned in your last para, other than Hannan, all are thirty plus years old (regardless whatever their official ages are), none of them has spectacular fitness. In the last FC league, with all their experiences playing in the domestic circuit for so long, plus experience playing for national team/A-team, only Ehsanul Haque is the one who stood head and shoulder above upcoming youngsters. I am not advocating to rush anymore youngsters in the national team, but if it comes down to the A-team, I just don't see any reason why should we waste couple of tours we get every year on players with inferior quality just because they are older.
Old May 9, 2006, 02:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by safaat
PLS STOP BRINGING RAW PLAYERS.
Good point.

All these days I thought RAW and TENDER chicken are easy to cook than Old hard/Huddy Chicken (sold in NY). Further more if they are frozen, they need to be thawed first, and then it takes hours to cook.

I guess its not true for players then.
Old May 9, 2006, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Been avoiding thread, who knows why. But now that I've gone through it, all I can say is - Impressive Pre-emptive strike by Cats_eye ...