facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 19, 2006, 02:25 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-Flower
ey what does this mean ---->vai, tumi kon Andy Flower?
it means: hey bro, which Andy Flower are u ??

are u Andy Flower, the great Zimbabwean cricketer ?
or just some Zimbabwen supporter with his name on??
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old July 19, 2006, 05:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

Just a supporter..a fan of Andy
Old July 19, 2006, 05:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Ohh, Okay,
I was bit confused,
Old July 19, 2006, 09:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Oh Andy!Was a great batsman. I loved to watch him playing man. And just think about the batting order- Andy and Grant flower, Neil Jhonson, Marey Goodwin, Stuart Carlisle,Craig Wishart....Heath Streak..Olonga. Ah those days of Zimbabwe man. You lost it, its gone..what a sad story. I feel sad for this reason that world cricket has lost an wonderful side.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old July 20, 2006, 01:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Oh Andy!Was a great batsman. I loved to watch him playing man. And just think about the batting order- Andy and Grant flower, Neil Jhonson, Marey Goodwin, Stuart Carlisle,Craig Wishart....Heath Streak..Olonga. Ah those days of Zimbabwe man. You lost it, its gone..what a sad story. I feel sad for this reason that world cricket has lost an wonderful side.
Yeah man Andy was tight and the rest of those guys you mentioned. We never used to celebrate victories over countries like Bermuda, Canada and Kenya ..but we have been left with no choice coz loosing seems to be the normal thing nowadays.

Winning just a single game against you guys would be a great achivement in this series. This series would have been more interesting if we had the above team you mentioned considering the form that BD have at the moment. Anyway those are the ups and downs of the game we just have to support what we have...

Go Zim Go!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 20, 2006, 04:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

hey Andy, u r right mate.. u'll hv to be behind ur country no matter what..
just look at us ?? years after years, defeat after defeat, still the membership on BC is increasing every day...

if u guys had the old above mentioned team, we would have bn the happier outfit for winning at least one game. that was some real good team u guys had, too bad politics and back luck came to play a part on the sport..

but i guess table has turned and now its our luck !! we r, for the first time, the favourite team on an away series . now that feels good for us ..

so, Go Bangladesh
Old July 20, 2006, 05:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

yeah man...its good to support your country and i admire the fanaticism of you guys, the grounds are always packed even when you werent playing good cricket back in the days..this is your chance and you must not let it go. Forget Kenya beating Zim away from home will give you better attention from the rest of the world. Dav Whatmore says he's confident of a 5-0 victory i dont know whether that is good..wont that put more pressure on your players and remove some on ours..i dont know.

For argument sake, what if you loose say 4-1 what will that mean to BD cricket?... will not that put you back in the slumps, coz your recent perfomance might just be covered in mud and people will think it was just but a fluke...wotchu think?
Old July 20, 2006, 05:14 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
For argument sake, what if you loose say 4-1 what will that mean to BD cricket?...
That's not gonn happen mate!!

Anyway, anything below 4-1 in favour of Bangladesh will raise the eyebrow and anyhtning below 3-2 will create some real concern about the progress of BD cricket.

Last edited by Miraz; July 20, 2006 at 08:17 AM..
Old July 20, 2006, 05:34 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
For argument sake, what if you loose say 4-1 what will that mean to BD cricket?...
mate, that will stink like a pile of crap
i know its cricket, but still, chances of us loosing 1-4 to current Zimbabwe team is very remote and highly unlikely.

5-0 should be the outcome, but as said by Miraz, 4-1 is acceptable, and 3-2 is just scraping home with lost pride and wound, but anything other than that would be a real juicy recipe for those ever-hating anti-BD out-of-limelight-past-cricketers and their fellow band-waggoners to jump right on and make the most of it.

and for the fans ?? as much hearth breaking as it would be, we know how to pick up the pieces, use some super-glue and sticky tape, and move on.....
stumble, but move on

been there done that...

Go Bangladesh
Old July 20, 2006, 07:31 AM
Test Cricketer

hey, Andy-Flower, don't worry, your this young team will soon grow up, the way international world cricket had criticised this team, it just seemed they were a bunch of schoolboys, but after their perfomances in the Windies, and thrashing Bermuda and Canada, and after Bd A tour to Zim, I infer they'll no longer be punching bags. Just be patient, I believe Zimbabwe will not procrastinate to return to their original strength.
Old July 20, 2006, 08:14 AM
Test Cricketer

alright, Any news on channel i
Old July 20, 2006, 07:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yeah man Andy was tight and the rest of those guys you mentioned. We never used to celebrate victories over countries like Bermuda, Canada and Kenya ..but we have been left with no choice coz loosing seems to be the normal thing nowadays.

Winning just a single game against you guys would be a great achivement in this series. This series would have been more interesting if we had the above team you mentioned considering the form that BD have at the moment. Anyway those are the ups and downs of the game we just have to support what we have...

Go Zim Go!!!!!!!!!!!!
I understand u have to go on with what u have got right now but my question is why all those players left sudenly? I know its the political reason but is not it like a thunderstorm that blew everything away from u? Remember the 1999 world cup in the UK where you had an wonderful team. What an innings from Neil Jhonson came against the Australians! But everything is disappeared now. So so sad my fiend. But I believe the administration should have done something to keep your best players within the country. That never happened and it proves that how cruel and selfish they are.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old July 20, 2006, 07:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by israr
alright, Any news on channel i
I dont understand why everyone is bringng the channel i here. Have they advertised about this series? If not then why u people are saying that they gonna show the matches? Remember espn star got the right to show this series in bd and in the subcontinent so I don't think anyone else is gonna show this one live.

Old July 20, 2006, 10:11 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I want 5-0 FLOORWIPE!
Old July 20, 2006, 11:31 PM

hey guys .. i just figured out that its not ESPN but the Star Sports channel that is going to live broadcast the game.. check this out:

What does it mean?...1st Odi, 1st Session(L)??! Can anybody explain please?!! Thanks kindly.

Last edited by kalpurush; July 20, 2006 at 11:40 PM..
Old July 21, 2006, 03:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default hi

I dont know how Zimbabwe team still manages a player to play for them and this is probably not a good idea to play this team at International level. I wonder what would happen to BD team if they had the same problem..

Anyway, since a series is just underway, there is no point in talking about this as we should move forward. It will be a great achievement for the zimbos if they manage to win a single ODI as they'll get the home advantage
Old July 21, 2006, 03:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

YO! israr..i agree with wotchu saying mayne..we hoping the team mature quickly who knows maybe in three years time we will be playing Day 5 test cricket against Aussie like we used to...but the lads need to pick up wins along the way so that they can beleive in themselves.

Quote:
I know its the political reason but is not it like a thunderstorm that blew everything away from u? But everything is disappeared now...So so sad my fiend. But I believe the administration should have done something to keep your best players within the country.
There is no administration to talk about in Zim man, i know when people hear about ZC they think its a sports body but it aint nothing like that. To Zimbos when we hear ZC we see the Government, the army...and Zim GVT is not like any other {i think y'all know what i mean}. We used to think ZC were racists but they are way beyond that, i mean Taibu is black but where is he right now . He didnt want to be a puppet no more thats why the kid ran away coz he's life was in danger. The kid broke the simple rules of the game - "if you wanna stay, obey orders and be silent...thats the truth and i aint trippin
Old July 21, 2006, 02:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

how about the bangladeshi cricket fans living in the U.S........ how are they going to watch it? Are the matches gonna air live on Channel I?
Old July 21, 2006, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
I dont understand why everyone is bringng the channel i here. Have they advertised about this series? If not then why u people are saying that they gonna show the matches? Remember espn star got the right to show this series in bd and in the subcontinent so I don't think anyone else is gonna show this one live.
we are not in BD or in sub continent. so we are hoping that channel I would be showing this series. cause i don't want to buy any packages from dilma or khilari
Old July 21, 2006, 02:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I don't care as long as I can buy it from somewhere... still haven't heard anything from any site...
Old July 21, 2006, 09:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
we are not in BD or in sub continent. so we are hoping that channel I would be showing this series. cause i don't want to buy any packages from dilma or khilari
If thats the case then I should ask u is sky sports is gonna show? Or is Sony tv is gonna show? Or Zee tv, Channel4 is gonna show? I can't ask u those questions considering I have got the subscription for those channels. You should think about the probability. Kenya-Bd series was the only exception where channel i showed that but in every other cases it is a different story my friend.

Old July 21, 2006, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
hey guys .. i just figured out that its not ESPN but the Star Sports channel that is going to live broadcast the game.. check this out:

What does it mean?...1st Odi, 1st Session(L)??! Can anybody explain please?!! Thanks kindly.
This means that Star sports will show the first match live. But if u go down the schedule then u will see they wont provide live coverage for the 2nd innings of the 2nd odi, they might be showing some golf. But they will telecast the innings later in the night.

Old July 22, 2006, 12:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
This means that Star sports will show the first match live. But if u go down the schedule then u will see they wont provide live coverage for the 2nd innings of the 2nd odi, they might be showing some golf. But they will telecast the innings later in the night.
Indeed:

I doubt this series will be televised in Australia?
Old July 22, 2006, 04:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
If thats the case then I should ask u is sky sports is gonna show? Or is Sony tv is gonna show? Or Zee tv, Channel4 is gonna show? I can't ask u those questions considering I have got the subscription for those channels. You should think about the probability. Kenya-Bd series was the only exception where channel i showed that but in every other cases it is a different story my friend.
Skysports never showed Minnow series, channel 4 never telecasts ODIs. and since ESPN got the rights Zee tv or sonny are unlikely to show this series. and since Channel I is Bangladeshi TV company and they have shown few series earlier so it wouldn't do any harm to expect that from them. and i don't have subscription for channel I and i don't know what they are advertising & thats why i was asking that. and it looks like you have something against channel I cause everytime someone mentioned channel I and you showed up.
Old July 22, 2006, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
Skysports never showed Minnow series, channel 4 never telecasts ODIs. and since ESPN got the rights Zee tv or sonny are unlikely to show this series. and since Channel I is Bangladeshi TV company and they have shown few series earlier so it wouldn't do any harm to expect that from them. and i don't have subscription for channel I and i don't know what they are advertising & thats why i was asking that. and it looks like you have something against channel I cause everytime someone mentioned channel I and you showed up.
I have nothing against the channel i although babubangla might have something
so the debate ends here.