facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 8, 2006, 02:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

guys.. austuralia jokhon amader sathe khele.. tokhon ora to kono complain korena.. odher sathe to amra... kichui na.. tobu o to ora amader sathe khele....tobu odher desher manush ra khela ta upobog kore...........

ar amra.. khali complain kori.. shob kichuteii.. ashole eta bangali jaatir..mudra dosh...

ei je.. ekhon bd te politics niye ja hocche.. khali complain r complain.. shob jaigaii complain....

complain chara ki thaka jai na??? our team playing good.. we shud appreciate that...

playing againts any team.. make us prepared.... this series will boost our confidence a level higher..

Old December 8, 2006, 02:41 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
guys.. austuralia jokhon amader sathe khele.. tokhon ora to kono complain korena.. odher sathe to amra... kichui na.. tobu o to ora amader sathe khele....tobu odher desher manush ra khela ta upobog kore...........
They don't play 17 matches out of 25 matches against us in a year!!
Old December 8, 2006, 03:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
The argument is not about what level we are at compared to Zimbo. The argument is that, it doesn't prepare us to beat India/SriLanka. The top 8 teams playing against each other help them prepare for the world cup. It doesn't matter who loses and (how badly) among them.
I agree that its not the best preparations for us. but what else you could do? no one is interested to play with us. every one else is thinking just like you. why play bottom team like bd? that won't help us prepare for the WC. So baggers shouldn't demand anything unless they r in a position. got my point?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 8, 2006, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Zim sucks. Period. Our players are missing valuable match practice not playing in the Premier League. The games between Khulna division and Sylhet division would help them prepare for the World cup better. Wake up. I mean, go to sleep. This is a pointless series.
Chill out P-C, there will be two months in between the Scotlanad series and the time the team leave for the Caribbean, it is less likely that our players will miss any "valuable" premier league match (you know that Dhaka premier league has not started yet, right ?).

Have not Zimbabwe beaten a strong A-team beginning of the tour ? How their standard suddenly fell even below that of our NCL teams ?
Old December 8, 2006, 03:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I agree that its not the best preparations for us. but what else you could do? no one is interested to play with us. every one else is thinking just like you. why play bottom team like bd? that won't help us prepare for the WC. So baggers shouldn't demand anything unless they r in a position. got my point?
I think I got it
Old December 8, 2006, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

IMHO this is a great series for BD. Until the series win against ZIM last year the team did not even know what a win taste like. The team was just dying for a single ODI win. Since the win against IND and AUS, our players now believe that they can now compete against big teams. But still this team has such a long way to go to compete agianst elite 6 teams, that it is actually insane to think this series is useless. Dont forget BD got humiliated against #8 team WI in the Challenge cup just 2 months ago!
Old December 8, 2006, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
They don't play 17 matches out of 25 matches against us in a year!!
Is BD playing 17/25 matches aganist Nepal or something?
Will BD stand any real chance against ENG? Really?
Look everbody wants to play better teams, because they will gain something out of it.
Soon BD will play elite teams in the WC. But to prepare for the WC this is the best series BD can have.

Did BD gain something amazing by 10 wickets loss to WI just few weeks ago?
Those matches will destroy their confidence. At least from this series the team is gaining confidence and players are learing how to win from easy/tough situations. The win by 26 runs against ZIM was far more superior learning experience than that of the 10 wicket loss against WI.
Old December 8, 2006, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Real Preparation for free

Quote:
I think we should go to West Indies one month earlier than most teams and spend time playing their Busta Cup teams. It'll be expansive, but they can get sponsors easily. That will be an invaluable experience.
I think this is a good solution to prepare in the bouncy wicket, considering we have a tight management to keep players under control. West Indies is a lucrative island place with lots of real temptation for the guys.

I would say open up foreign players quota in the premier league, simulate or prepare bouncy pitches like WI, and let the national players compete at the highest level. Clubs will have quality 3-5 foreign players in each team testing the national players to the extreme.
Old December 8, 2006, 04:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Playing against Zimbabwe or Scotland isn't helping us at all.. Our batting is still a big problem. Our batsmans were exposed when they were send to bat first in the 3rd odi. We're allout against the weakest bowling attack available.

Besides playing against a weaker team gives us a wrong idea about our weaknesses. In the past, i've examined one thing closely that, whatever team plays against us does well but when they move onto next series and plays a stronger opposition they always falter and it takes sometime to recover. The same thing goes with us as it seems to me that more tough times ahead of us..

Last edited by Thunder; December 8, 2006 at 06:58 PM..
Old December 8, 2006, 04:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Whats the point playing against the toughest bowling then if you cant even survive the weakest one? Dont you think people make progress one step at a time? I really think after this series when BD play against SL or IND, the players will be much more confident.
Old December 8, 2006, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Look everbody wants to play better teams, because they will gain something out of it. Soon BD will play elite teams in the WC. But to prepare for the WC this is the best series BD can have.
This time there's no World Cup for us. The new schedule has reduced it to a 1 round quadrangular tournament for minnows.

Quote:
Did BD gain something amazing by 10 wickets loss to WI just few weeks ago?
Those matches will destroy their confidence. At least from this series the team is gaining confidence and players are learing how to win from easy/tough situations. The win by 26 runs against ZIM was far more superior learning experience than that of the 10 wicket loss against WI.
Yes, we did. We learned that we are not going anywhere with playing these meaningless ODIs against Zimbabwe/Kenya. How can big matches destroy our confidence when we doesn't have any to begin with? Winning against Zim/Ken isn't sharpening our players neither in terms of ability nor mindset. In ICCCT, they went straight back to the age process of fighting for "honorable defeat". So far whatever progress we had since getting test status has come through playing against tough teams. Rembmber the ICC Trophy 97 to Test status days, when we used to play very few matches against big teams. Our progress was basically zero.
Old December 8, 2006, 05:13 PM
Banned

Considering the outcome of the series against Zimbabwe, I am really getting concerned with things to come.

I sincrely hope we can sneek in a 5 match one-day series against some other team by February. Can we not promise Shoaib Akhtar some free Nandoline and have him hang out with us? Ofcourse, as long as he does not distribute it to our players.
Old December 8, 2006, 05:53 PM
Cricket Sage

well we are not a top team yet..so amra amader moto jara..tader satheii khelte hobe.. and then we can learn something.. top team er sathe khele khele sudhu haar ar haar.. then ja ektu confidence ache ta o chole jabe..
Old December 8, 2006, 06:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

not 100% true,
Old December 8, 2006, 06:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Spitty, so matches against ZIM is not BIG? Didn't this team just lost the away series 2-3 in a condition which will be similar to West Indies pitches in WC? The way I see is, given a neutral place and pitch BD-ZIM will be fairly close, with BD of course going as favourites.

I remember clearly there were few situations against elite teams when BD got a chance to win, but lack of experience was the reason for their loss even from a winning positions (think test against Pakistan). Cricket pundits says, BD does not know how to WIN as a team, hard or easy situations. Well now after this series at least they know a little. Playing against big teams are always important, I dont disagree on that. But there is more to that to become a complete team.

Bashar himself explained, for the first time he is observing an extereme desire for kill among players to beat the opponents, as how the players are indeed shaping up as a team, as how they are making progress in every dept, as how the top order/opening slots are settling down. Goodness, before this series we did not even have a stable opening pair. This is the best series BD has ever had to get the basics straight!

Dont worry, BD will play many games in the next few months against all elite teams. And this time with more confidence. Unfortunately many of us have failed to see the true value of this series. 2 years down the road players will look back and be thankful that they played this series.

Going back to the topic, As far as the WC is concerned, accept it or not, BD posses hardly any chance against IND or SL, even if would have played a series against one of the elite teams. BD will be eliminated just like they did in the Champions Trophy 2 months ago. But IMHO, they will deliver better results.
Old December 8, 2006, 09:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

winning always gives confidence.new comers are getting the chance to settle down,which will definitely help them playing their natural games in wc
Old December 8, 2006, 09:14 PM
Cricket Sage

exactly!
Old December 9, 2006, 12:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaridpurChicago
Most of the series are one sided now a days.
Right, and don't complain when you're on the right side of a one-sided series.

It's important for Bangladesh to establish their team as clearly better than Zimbabwe. Knowing that they're better than Zimbabwe will give them an extra bit of confidence against the likes of India and Sri Lanka.
Old December 9, 2006, 12:47 AM
Test Cricketer

i party agree with pagol-chagol........if we hadn't not played against zim then we would have never known our ability at the first place....now we know there is a vast difference....but no match against the tough team b4 the world cup i think it's pathetic...BCB has to take the fault....they couldn't manage any..whereas other teams are contantly playing cricket.....
Old December 9, 2006, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
I remember clearly there were few situations against elite teams when BD got a chance to win, but lack of experience was the reason for their loss even from a winning positions (think test against Pakistan). Cricket pundits says, BD does not know how to WIN as a team, hard or easy situations. Well now after this series at least they know a little. Playing against big teams are always important, I dont disagree on that. But there is more to that to become a complete team.
We can't win mainly because of our poor skill level. And there's huge difference between winning against big teams, and winning against minnows. Against Zim/Ken they know that they're playing against a weaker/on par team. When they go back to playing against big teams, the negative attitude comes back. If we're more confident against minnows than before, it's due to our upset victories/few good performances against big teams.

When we have players with necessary skill, they'll eventually find out how to win regularly against big teams. 3rd and 5th ODI of this series showed that these matches aren't doing anything to increase skill. Today a bowler who was semi-regular in the former full-strength Zimbabwe ODI side triggered a batting collapse.
Old December 9, 2006, 10:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

i think playing against ZIM boosts our confidence. right?