facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 25, 2007, 07:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Default all 15 players should get a chance to play

I wish selectors will give chance to all players to play at least 2 matches. they should make some rotation. it doesnt matter, if they perform well or not, everybody should be tested before world cup. my standby 3 players of the world cup team is

1. Syed rasel (he is still #3 bowler in the team, its unfair to drop him)
2. Rajin saleh (dashing, hard worker, good allrounder)
3. Forhad reza (bowlings need to be improved, batting is fine)
4. Khaled Masud (ultimate choice, lets see how mehrab Junior performs, if he doesnt do well in bat, bring our real HERO back)

lastly, captain habibul bashar should know how to change bowlers and use all ur bowlers , if necessary, why Aftab, Ashraful does not bowl anymore?). I see when opposite team batsmen hit our bowlers, H bashar still use the bowler, who has been beaten, thats pathetic. his captaincy should be improved.

Old January 25, 2007, 07:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

Can somebody explain the kind of bowler Md. Sharif is? His height as 5'6 is really a big disadvantage as a fast bowler but I read he knows reverse swing and has raw pace. Can anybody shed some light on him?
Old January 25, 2007, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Sharif is a pacer who bowls around 135k's and can swing the old ball very well. He is short it's true but height is not the ultimate thing in pace or fast bowling. Remember Malcom Marshall, he wasn't that tall even. You need some brain work and intelligence to bowl.

I am against playing all 15 players in this series. We need to settle down right now for the WC, no more delay. Need to sort out some positions like the opening. Need to find who is gonna be the third pacer etc.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 25, 2007, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

and most omportantly, we need our likely eleven to get as much practice as possible. so we shouldn't play people without a chance of making it to the regular eleven in the near future.
Old January 25, 2007, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

didnt expect rasel's exclusion, especially after his ad
Old January 25, 2007, 08:06 PM
Cricket Legend

I would prefer tapash or sharif as our #3 bowler. I admit I'm being biased but i just dont think that rasel's pace is gonna trouble any quality batsmen.
Old January 26, 2007, 12:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Default 1st Eleven for Zim Tour and WC07

In my mind, these are the players that should get as much chance as possible to get prepared for the wc07 -

s. Nafees
M. Hossain
A. Ahmed
S. Hassan
H. Bashar
M. Ashraful
M. Rahim
M. Murtuza
M. Sharif
M. Rafiq/A. Razzak
S. Hossain
Old January 26, 2007, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
didnt expect rasel's exclusion, especially after his ad
amar mone hoi oke dara ad ta koraisilo oke shantona dawar jonno. so that he can tell his friends, "well maybe i didnt make it to the team, but hey i made it to the tv ads, isnt that great too?"
Old January 26, 2007, 12:34 PM
Cricket Legend

once again tushar is included and i have serious doubts about if he is really gonna make it to the 11 man squad or not. if they dont include him in the playing squad then i really dont see why they are torturing him like that. or does the selectors think that tushar should be given a chance to see the world outside of bangladesh?
well its true that tushar also has a role behind this. unfortunately he was never able to contribute a lot either with his batting or with his bowling. he is always in that 20-30 runs range. which is why players like majarul islam rana are outside the team. hey if you wanna be in the team then u gotta work harder. well maybe at a time u were able to pass the team with just scoring 20-30 odd runs but the team has moved a long way since then. and if you wanna get included you have to move too!!!!
Old January 26, 2007, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

let's hope this is the last national team tour for tushar in another five years, if he fails to perform, that is. i don't see why he was picked ahead of nadif, who didn't even bat against scotland.
Old January 26, 2007, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
let's hope this is the last national team tour for tushar in another five years, if he fails to perform, that is. i don't see why he was picked ahead of nadif, who didn't even bat against scotland.
yes asif bhai. i am with you. the fuel cost has increased and so has the air fare. i really dont want the team management to take players like tushar on international tours anymore. unless the airlines decides to give him a free ticket and the hotels decides to bear his overseas expense.
Old January 26, 2007, 12:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I just hope we win the first couple of games so that we can test our bench strength. Losing one or two games in the beginning will make it hard for our selectors to experiment.
Old January 26, 2007, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
I just hope we win the first couple of games so that we can test our bench strength. Losing one or two games in the beginning will make it hard for our selectors to experiment.
i agree with you. ofcourse our main objective is to win the series but in addition to that we also have to test the bench. and loosing a match in the beginning will just spoil the plan. i hope that doesnt happen. cuz we really need to check out the bench. this is the only time we will get to do that. i wish them good luck.
Old January 26, 2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

can someone post the ad, where is mashrafi, shahadat and rasel in it. i cant wait to see
Old January 26, 2007, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

the ad has already been posted in of one the threads as far as i am concern. just need to look a little harder.