facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 19, 2007, 12:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
This is a terrible team in my point of view. Half of these players are players whom i have never heard of!
Are you following Bangladesh cricket recently?

Old February 19, 2007, 06:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Heres a little extra bit of info :

Quote:

Carberry and Onions secure England A honours

BCB Academy XI 326 (Chowdhury 74, Pavel 70, Faruque 58, Broad 3-99) and 56 for 5 (Onions 3-30) drew with England A 327 for 4 dec (Compton 152*, Prior 82*) and 226 for 3 dec (Carberry 100*)
Scorecard

England A came close to an improbable victory on the third and final day of a hard-fought contest against a BCB Academy XI at Mirpur, with the Durham seamer, Graham Onions, capitalising on Michael Carberry's unbeaten century to grab three top-order wickets in seven overs.

England had started the day with the slenderest of one-run advantages after bowling the Academy out for 326 on the previous evening, but Carberry and Michael Yardy demonstrated the friendly nature of the batting conditions to add 71 for the first wicket. Yardy was eventually dismissed by Mosharraf Hossain for 21, but Steve Davies picked up where he had left off to add a further 122 for the second wicket.

Carberry reached an excellent century from 187 balls but retired hurt immediately afterwards, leaving just enough time for Adil Rashid to become Hossain's second victim of the innings before Yardy declared on 226 for 3. That gave England's seamers 20 overs to make an impression, and they took their opportunity instantly, with Onions dismissing the first three batsmen inside the first eight overs.

Stuart Broad, England's first-innings bowling star, then removed Nasiruddin Faruque for 10 before Tom Smith grabbed the captain, Nadif Chowdhury, caught behind for 4. Marshall Ayub was on hand to prevent a complete meltdown with an unbeaten 23, but the performance will have given England's tourists heart at the start of a tough tour.

© Cricinfo
Seems like Cricinfo's rather friendly stand towards Bangladesh cricket continues...
Old February 20, 2007, 01:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
lol, that's your problem, buddy. maybe you should hang out at BC more often don't blame the selectors.

i admit that the name nasiruddin faruque does seem a bit alien to me, and that the team selection could probably have been better, but i think overall, the squad was selected based on performance in the domestic leagues, and the odds of the selected ones playing for the national team. however, barring one, none of the names seem too unfamiliar/unexpected.
Mate, im here 24/7 ........but i guess i havent looked at the domestic league threads in a while.
Old February 20, 2007, 10:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

So How bad is canberry's injury? Do they have 11 players now???
Old February 20, 2007, 11:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

I hope he recovers, he is very good friend of mine. He has has had raw deal from the counties in the past. He is finally realising his talent. Good luck buddy
Old February 20, 2007, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Carberry retired not because he was hurt, but to give others a chance to bat.
Old February 20, 2007, 05:52 PM
BC Editorial Team

I was just about to moan and bitch about the lack of penetrativeness by the Academy bowlers but fortunately I stumbled upon the following :
Quote:
Carberry retired on 100 yesterday, though he was not always convincing. He was dropped close to the bat four times, and the wicketkeeper, Steven Davies, looked much the classier player with a delightfully fluent 67 on this slow pitch.
So we WERE creating edges - it's just our fielding continues to suck! This won't do!

URL:http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/...016863,00.html

Last edited by RazabQ; February 20, 2007 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: forgot URL
Old February 20, 2007, 07:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Any early prediction for the first 4 day match from anyone? Just for fun....
Old February 21, 2007, 12:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

What a title in Guardian!!!...."Carberry makes hay with ton as fears over security ease"