facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 1, 2007, 04:59 PM
Club Cricketer

BDFlag Reservation, Honesty or is this Frustration :: Dav Whatmore

I am not much of a die hard fan of cricket or even BD cricket team but I am surely a fan of cricket, this is my confession. Cricket is a game that I very much enjoy watching and admire though the name of players or their stats are not memorized.

GENIUS Dav as I see him and specially when it comes to BD team and its current position in the cricket world, he has a very important contribution. He has done a tremendous job with the BD cricket team but one thing does not click.

I have seen him in various interviews be that paper, online or TV, he openly shows his honest frustration with BD team when they perform bad. I am mentioning one below as an example

===============================================
"The boys have got the ability, but a rush of blood here and a rush of blood there and it's so frustrating," said Whatmore in the post match briefing.
===============================================

No matter how bad the team may play or whatever mistakes they might do he is the coach of the team and holds the mast of the team and captain of the team seconds that in the field. Now if he publicly becomes this much frustrated I do not see how he is defending the team and encouraging the boys after a defeat. He needs to be more diplomatic when it comes to criticizing our shortcoming in a game which directs the podium in our favor of ongoing improvement but inside he must deal with the players. This way our so cold "minnow" critics will get less chance.

The very confidence that he wants to be cultured in our players to win games and to make it a habit cannot come from coach showing frustration openly. Even when India lost to BD Chappel was quite diplomatic in showing his frustration with India.

Dav has done a great job and will do more in future as well but it is my opinion from what I have understood that he needs to be an inspiring critic in the media face of the game. In the dressing room he needs to spank the players who failed their performance

Old April 2, 2007, 12:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 2, 2007, 01:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why? Pick up your a$$ and stick it back on dude...

Seriously, Dav has every right to say what he says. This team can play a lot better than it currently does. It has immense prospective talent (probably more promise than any other team in world cricket), and all that needs to rectified are things like "rush[es] of blood" etc. which are all mental, and not technical. The mental aspect of the game, one would think, is something that you should be able to master rapidly. But this team, on most occasions, have failed to show good temperament.

Having said all this, I believe BD have played beyond themselves in this world cup. They will get a lot of confidence from this and hopefully this confidence will translate to a better mental game.
Old April 2, 2007, 01:24 AM

Dav has every right to be frustrated, and he made the right comment on his team to let the boys know clearly how he feels. We can easily imagine there was certain instructions from him which players didn't / couldn't carry on. Don't forget those players are professional, and they should know very well how to handle these type of criticism from coach, and to perform as to the game plan.
Old April 2, 2007, 02:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbar
Why? Pick up .............back on dude...
Just incase you missed it altogether.... that 'Dude' here (Stumped) is actually Dav Whatmore's daughter and she'z been around in BC for quite some time now.

This tiny info might just help you enough comprehend her instant reactions and thus save you from a little bit more of self-embarrassments.
Old April 2, 2007, 03:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
Just incase you missed it altogether.... that 'Dude' here (Stumped) is actually Dav Whatmore's daughter and she'z been around in BC for quite some time now.

This tiny info might just help you enough comprehend her instant reactions and thus save you from a little bit more of self-embarrassments.
lmao!!!
Old April 2, 2007, 03:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B

Am I supposed to decipher that the person is Dav Whatmore's daughter based on her nickname of "Stumped"?? Sorry, but I am not that "savvy" to pick up these kinda things. But I'll keep that in mind ahmed......

Hey there Stumped! Tell your Dad from us that he's doing a good job And seriously, pick up your a$$ and stick it back on :p You too Dr. Naf, who ever the hell you are...
Old April 2, 2007, 04:41 AM
Club Cricketer

wAT ACtually IMAO mns?????lol.......he he he
Old April 2, 2007, 05:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

lmao = laugh my *** off...

I did not mean to offend anyone its just that when anyone knows dav his approach to things are often the best way. He is the type of person who does need to yell and rant and rave.. the silent treatment it worse and when he does actually yell its scary. I dun mean to say that everyone should know it... its just funny how people perseve certain situations. They players know when they have done something wrong and media dont need to know about everything. Frustraion is a huge part of coaching and well yeah... im sure u guys know what i mean.
Old April 2, 2007, 05:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Jabber got stumped!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 3, 2007, 12:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
Jabber got stumped!
Stumped my a$$ !! Nobody stumps the jab man!

Don't worry Stumped, you haven't offended me or anyone here. We're just having some fun I actually heard your dad speak on an interview and he seemed like a really nice bloke, so I can understand how he might seem scary when he's angry. Interestingly, Ian Healy also mentioned that Dav can get quite angry at times too, so perhaps Dav's temper is a well known fact in cricketing circles But I think the BD cricket team need a father figure like Dav to control them and scold them from time to time, so it's all cool.

PS: Dav might have some more "angry voice" moments with the team now after their two poor performances against the aussies and kiwis...
Old April 3, 2007, 12:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

hmm well i asked him how the boys are and he does not want to know... let him sleep on it and he will tackle them in the morn... they fly out to another island g something... if they are wise they will stay out of him way till he comes to them... or they might be wise enough to go and talk to him bout what they did wrong... he likes that sorta thing. If anyone goes up to him to ask for his help he will go out of his way. But yeah when he gets angry and shouts he can shout... My mum and i yell at each other all the time.. its more we talk yelling... but my father well u always wanna do the best for him...
Old April 4, 2007, 12:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Hehe! I'm familiar with the "talk yelling" thing I think all families have their little moments like this..
Old April 4, 2007, 12:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
hmm well i asked him how the boys are and he does not want to know... let him sleep on it and he will tackle them in the morn... they fly out to another island g something... if they are wise they will stay out of him way till he comes to them... or they might be wise enough to go and talk to him bout what they did wrong... he likes that sorta thing. If anyone goes up to him to ask for his help he will go out of his way. But yeah when he gets angry and shouts he can shout... My mum and i yell at each other all the time.. its more we talk yelling... but my father well u always wanna do the best for him...
Heyy !! ... now you are teaching our kids how to deal with your dad after a bad performance. Coming from you, the daughter, isn't that inside info ??? Lets hope Dav does not see this post or else you might be up for some "talks"
Old April 4, 2007, 07:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
so is your dad staying with bangladesh, or leaving to coach india?
Old April 4, 2007, 09:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

hell ill be up for teaching anyone how to deal with my father!! When dad coached lanka I helped out a few of the guys and also dad would send me to a few of the ones i was friends with to talk to them bout their performance sheet he gave everyone just cos it might be easier explained by me sometimes... Hell id do anything for my dad and the boys..

Dunno what dad is doing...
Old April 4, 2007, 11:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
... My mum and i yell at each other all the time.. its more we talk yelling... but my father well u always wanna do the best for him...
a (sonic) Incredible family
Old April 4, 2007, 11:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
hell ill be up for teaching anyone how to deal with my father!! When dad coached lanka I helped out a few of the guys and also dad would send me to a few of the ones i was friends with to talk to them bout their performance sheet he gave everyone just cos it might be easier explained by me sometimes... Hell id do anything for my dad and the boys..

Maybe you can fill in the shoes of our Assistant coach. Appreciate your willingness to help.
Old April 4, 2007, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:

Thats pretty cool... you should be in West Indies now, helping your dad and the Bangladesh team!!!
Old April 4, 2007, 11:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

My question! Stumped.. how come Dav's family..you guys are under no lime light? like your dad. o.O
Old April 4, 2007, 11:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Hey Stumped I think ur dad was waving at you right b4 the Aus match.
Old April 5, 2007, 01:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

yeah he did wave.. and i missed it too ive been looking everywhere on the net to watch it. For so long i asked him to wave and he finally did ha ha...

Umm i dunno...in lanka everyone knew who i was cos i was always out in colombo... but as far as internationally well do any of u know who the coaches wives and siblings are?! I dunno i dun like it anyways to be known by all.. by the guys and all is good cos wel over the years ive made some good friendships..
Old April 5, 2007, 01:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Well yeah..the coach and family gets less spotlight anyway.. unless you are the indian coach and you get pwned by team's performance.
Old April 17, 2007, 07:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: nadif chowdhury

......you get to meet the BD cricketers.....including.....certain upcoming ones.....I'm so so jealous....

ok, that was odd..under the circumstances, you get to meet EVERYONE i've ever idolised...

I should be more jealous of you being Dav's daughter. Man, why can't my dad be some famous cricketer?!
Old April 17, 2007, 10:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

Dont be jealous! They are people just like everyone else and well there are nice ones and mean ones like in any country... More than anything I love my time in lanka cos most of them have seen me grow up since i was 11yrs of age! Since dad left for bangla wheni left for aussie i dun know many of them... only the ones i hung out with in the mini world cup in lanka and mash when he came for his knee opp. Mash is a kid and a really nice guy... him and Pilot i know the best.