facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 18, 2007, 11:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Default Breaking news: Bangladesh blocks ex-PM's return

Ok, confirmed the news from BBC.

The government says Sheikh Hasina's travel ban is temporary

The Bangladeshi government has barred former PM Sheikh Hasina from returning to the country from the United States.
The Home Ministry said her "provocative and inflammatory speeches" might create civil unrest. Officials have been told to stop her entering the country.
The government says that Sheikh Hasina, who is on holiday in the US, was responsible for recent street protests that led to a state of emergency.
Another former PM, Khaleda Zia, has reportedly agreed an exile deal.

'Confusion and hatred'
In a statement, the Home Ministry blamed Sheikh Hasina for issuing "inflammatory statements" against the military-backed caretaker administration and law enforcement forces.

Leading ladies hit the buffers
Bangladesh at a crossroads

The ministry said her return might create "further confusion and hatred" among the public.
"In the recent past, the civil discipline, security and economy were at stake due to irresponsible and non-stop political agitation and activities led by her party, the Awami League, and other political parties," the statement said.
"And due to this, a state of emergency has to be declared."
The statement said there was "apprehension" that she might jeopardise law and order, and create political instability, endangering public safety and economic life.
"For public safety, the government has issued a special security alert about Sheikh Hasina's return to the country. This arrangement is temporary."
The authorities have placed the police, immigration, air, land and port authorities on alert following their decision.
There has so far been no response form Sheikh Hasina - who has been accused of murder and extortion - to the government's announcement.
'Clear conscience'
But on Tuesday she reiterated her intention to return home from the US to contest what she called the "false and fake cases" against her.
She said that she would leave Washington for London on Wednesday and would travel to Dhaka at the weekend.
Khaleda Zia may go into exile in Saudi Arabia

Sheikh Hasina said she did not fear detention or physical harm.
"They can do whatever they like, but I know my conscience is clear, I haven't done anything wrong, and I haven't committed any crimes," she said.
"They filed cases and more cases maybe just to punish me."
It was also reported on Tuesday that another former Bangladeshi Prime Minister, Khaleda Zia, had agreed to go into exile to Saudi Arabia with her family.
"She will be leaving the country for Saudi Arabia in a couple of days. Initially she will be leaving with a one-month visa to perform Umrah [a minor pilgrimage to Mecca] and her permanent residence there will be finalised upon reaching the kingdom of Saudi Arabia," the Daily Star reported, citing a senior government source.
"Everything has been finalised... now only the formalities, including getting a visa, remain to be completed," it said.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6567039.stm

Old April 18, 2007, 12:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I love this part.
"The authorities have placed the police, immigration, air, land and port authorities on alert following their decision. "

She is going to come by a bus via India? No wait, she is going to come on a cargo ship through Chittagong or Mongla port. lol.
Old April 18, 2007, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

as expected... not a Breaking news at all.....
Old April 18, 2007, 01:51 PM
Club Cricketer

ah..what a news! finally bd can take some fresh air from these 2 women from Hell. Guess i'll be seeing sheikh hasina alot in London now as she might get bored with her luxurious lifestyle of her sons and daughters in USA....lol... nyway very good news.

btw: i heard a rumour about her smugling 300 million dollers to USA(to joy) not sure how much of that is true.
Old April 18, 2007, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I thought Hasina's picture is very funny
Old April 18, 2007, 03:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

A related Hadith:

Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) said:
"When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour." It was asked, "How will honesty be lost, O Allah's Apostle?"

He (peace be upon him) said, "When authority is given to those who do not deserve it, then wait for the Hour.”

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.503, Narrated by Abu Huraira
Old April 19, 2007, 09:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutul
A related Hadith:

Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) said:
"When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour." It was asked, "How will honesty be lost, O Allah's Apostle?"

He (peace be upon him) said, "When authority is given to those who do not deserve it, then wait for the Hour.”

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.503, Narrated by Abu Huraira
Oh...that sums up almost every other PM, President around the world...
leading the pack is the greatest leader of our modern era..
G dubya.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 19, 2007, 10:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Tutul bhai pagol hoye gese...he posted the same msg in at least 3/4 different threads
Old April 20, 2007, 01:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Great news for our nation! Finally these evils are being put to their place!
Old April 20, 2007, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

This is Sajeeb Wazed's post in his blog regarding his mother's extortion case.

The Charges Against Sheikh Hasina

The last few days have been unbelievably busy for me, so this is going to be a relatively short post. I am not going to even bother to try and defend the charges against my mother. They are so ridiculous and baseless that besides those who are dedicatedly anti-AL, no one believes them. All I will say is that the BNP wanted nothing better than to find something to charge my mother with and could not. For this to pop up six years later, after the BNP’s term and just two days after my mother gave an interview to BBC where she called the Caretaker Government unconstitutional, makes it quite clear that these charges are politically motivated.

These charges are too flimsy to hold up in court and the government knows that. They are hoping that the threat of arrest will prevent my mother from returning. They have underestimated my mother.

No one, other than the people of Bangladesh, has the right to dictate to the people of Bangladesh who can or cannot lead them. No one elected this Caretaker Government. In fact they were handpicked by the army. We supported them when they were fighting corruption but now it is clear that they have embarked on a conspiracy to destroy democracy in Bangladesh. This is simply a blatant attempt at consolidating power by eliminating all political opposition. Folks, this is nothing but politics as usual.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. I saw a newspaper article the other day from 1982 where a general declared that politicians in Bangladesh had all become corrupt and that the country needed to be cleaned out and set back on the right track. That general’s name was Hossain Mohammed Ershad. We’ve been through this not once, but twice before in our history. They say the definition of insanity is when you keep repeating the same action each time hoping for a different result. Anyone who believes that this time the army intervention is going to be any different needs to have his head examined.

My mother will be returning to Bangladesh within the next couple of days. She has done nothing illegal and has nothing to fear. For those that keep bringing up allegations of corruption against my family, show me some proof! My sister drives 40 miles each way to and from work. My aunt lives in a small two bedroom apartment in London and travels by bus and train as she does not own a car and taxis are expensive. My wife has gone back to work after our daughter was born because we need both incomes to pay our mortgage. And I had to leave my job a few months ago because I became too busy with politics and was going to go back to campaign for the elections. I am now looking for a new job and we are living on our savings, which won’t last a whole lot longer. If anyone has the bank account numbers where all our alleged loot is, please pass them on as we could really use the money.

I would like to ask all of you who believe in democracy to show your support. It is time for this government to go. We must have elections as soon as possible. This Caretaker Government cannot be trusted any longer.

The guy is nothing but a loud mouth like his mother.

Last edited by Alien; April 20, 2007 at 05:02 AM..
Old April 20, 2007, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Why keep them away, bring them in take all their money and property and leave them with nothing and put them in jail along with Ershand, Khaleda, Hasina, Nizami
Old April 20, 2007, 10:06 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Tutul bhai pagol hoye gese...he posted the same msg in at least 3/4 different threads
hahahahah, apni dekhi ag theke ter pailen..
Old April 20, 2007, 10:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by omio
hahahahah, apni dekhi ag theke ter pailen..
no no, shotti kotha...he posted it at the same time he posted here...
Old April 20, 2007, 01:01 PM
Banned

It will be enjoyable watching this power-hungry and money-grabbing criminal and murderer living in a mansion in Surrey, England (just south of London) whilst not being able to enter BD and see its growth. Within not even 5 years or 4, or 3, or 2...but even within 18 months I can foresee Hasina and her brand of jungle politics being seen as anachronistic in a more mature, and stable BD.

I can imagine this thief and mafia-style godmother burning with anger and full of sorrow at how BD will be growing and getting stronger whilst she is an irrelevance in some remote house in Surrey. LOL.
Old April 20, 2007, 02:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

For those of you who are extremely happy about what is going on in Bangladesh regarding the arresting of politicians, the top leaders bein exiled, i would urge you to think again. It is obvious to almost every one what are the good things that are going to come out of this. But it is also true that we are creating a political vacuum, which could take some time to fill up. Well you may argue that these leaders were shitty to start off with, but would the people who will replace them, are they going to be any better, politically?
Old April 20, 2007, 02:24 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Good people who were intimidated or simply disgusted before to participate in filth-ridden politics. Without BNP and AL having a stranglehold over the country, it enables fresh political groups to emerge and give people a more choices than the usual "lesser of two evils".
Old April 20, 2007, 02:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Good people who were intimidated or simply disgusted before to participate in filth-ridden politics. Without BNP and AL having a stranglehold over the country, it enables fresh political groups to emerge and give people a more choices than the usual "lesser of two evils".
Here are the two amazing assumptions that every one and their mother on this board are making. The assumptions:
1) There exists a group in Bangladesh, who is good and honest.
2) And given 1) this group has the capabilities to run the country better or as good as the ones that have been in power for the last 15 years.

What we are witnessing in Bangladesh is a systemic annhilation of a class, namely politicians and to be more specific the top leaders of the two top parties. I am not questioning the motive behind this systemic action that is being done, but is it the right thing to do?
Old April 20, 2007, 02:53 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
Here are the two amazing assumptions that every one and their mother on this board are making. The assumptions:
1) There exists a group in Bangladesh, who is good and honest.
I never said such groups exist. I implied that the removal of these corrupt leaders changes the usual BNP or AL cycle of rule, and provides the opportunity for good, honest politicians to come forward and make an impact. To assume otherwise that there are no good politicians and groups, or can't be any is as astoundingly ridiculous. You might as well say there are no good people in Bangladesh who give a damn about this country.
Old April 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
For those of you who are extremely happy about what is going on in Bangladesh regarding the arresting of politicians, the top leaders bein exiled, i would urge you to think again. It is obvious to almost every one what are the good things that are going to come out of this. But it is also true that we are creating a political vacuum, which could take some time to fill up. Well you may argue that these leaders were shitty to start off with, but would the people who will replace them, are they going to be any better, politically?
Those who r in the jail or going to exile will not create any vacuum. they became politician because of money, mussel and blood. but they them selves didn't had anything to show.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 20, 2007, 04:06 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Quote:
Well you may argue that these leaders were shitty to start off with, but would the people who will replace them, are they going to be any better, politically?
That is not an excuse to keep the current bad lot.

CG and EC is creating tough laws for those who wish to participate in elections. Once the "family"-cracy has been eradicated; we will automatically be in better position.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old April 20, 2007, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

What is the problem in letting the two ladies say in Bangladesh? may be once the laws are set they should be allowed to return, we have to grab the money and wealth they have. why miss that opportunity?
Old April 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Those who r in the jail or going to exile will not create any vacuum. they became politician because of money, mussel and blood. but they them selves didn't had anything to show.
Ofcourse they are creating a vacuum. Name a few people who is in the pipeline. You may wanna call them corrupted and all the nasty **** you want, but they were damn good politicians.

Just to clarify, I am not saying that what is going on in bangladesh is good or bad. I am just asking people to consider whatever i wrote earlier. I belive the picture is as rosy as a lot of people paint it.
Old April 20, 2007, 04:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
What is the problem in letting the two ladies say in Bangladesh? may be once the laws are set they should be allowed to return, we have to grab the money and wealth they have. why miss that opportunity?
The government will have a really hard time proving anything. And if the military use their muscle, it will never get legitimicy internationally.
Old April 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
I never said such groups exist. I implied that the removal of these corrupt leaders changes the usual BNP or AL cycle of rule, and provides the opportunity for good, honest politicians to come forward and make an impact. To assume otherwise that there are no good politicians and groups, or can't be any is as astoundingly ridiculous. You might as well say there are no good people in Bangladesh who give a damn about this country.
Given the corruption that has been going on since independence, isnt it a more practical assumption to make? You cannot just suddenly become a politician, it takes a while. So, it will be a while before they arrive.
Old April 20, 2007, 04:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
That is not an excuse to keep the current bad lot.

CG and EC is creating tough laws for those who wish to participate in elections. Once the "family"-cracy has been eradicated; we will automatically be in better position.
Exactly what i am talking about. You are making assumptions. To say that it automatically will be better is problematic. I am not saying that its wrong.