facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Do you want tamim in the test squad?
Yay 62 52.10%
Not yet 57 47.90%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 5, 2007, 09:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Tamim Iqbal!

whats with tamim iqbal???? it seems that he rather likes to get himself out by himself (runt out, stummped)than by a bowler!

anywayz back to the qus,
how many of u actualy want to see tamim is test squad!

ps: so far wt i have seen its not a easy job get him out(atleast not b4 he makes a gud score) except for the time when he does it himself!

Ps: i was reading inqilab the other day and he said he is ready for long version of the game b4 going to bangolre and he also said he wants to make big score into the upcoming series and he will play due to that requirement!

Old June 5, 2007, 09:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: JOBG

he certainly likes to give opportunities to the slip fielders
Old June 5, 2007, 10:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Yes i do want him in the test squad..he will understand not to throw away wicket at test level..maybe not in his first 2 innings, 3 innings..but #4 will be different, but saying that Shahriar Nafees & Javed Omar deserves 2-3 more chances..especially Shahriar Nafees. You just cant throw away your last year's prime batsman just like that.
Old June 5, 2007, 10:03 PM
Club Cricketer

the opener for the test should be

tamim and rajin
or tamim and Sn
or tamim and musfique

golla mollar chara nai
Old June 5, 2007, 10:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtim
he certainly likes to give opportunities to the slip fielders
i havent seen him getting out in the slip or bowled by any bowler yet??
Old June 5, 2007, 10:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: JOBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla786
i havent seen him getting out in the slip or bowled by any bowler yet??
He's been lucky a few times there....lol, the ball either flies just an inch above the fielder's hands, or in between two of them
Old June 5, 2007, 10:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
He's been lucky a few times there....lol, the ball either flies just an inch above the fielder's hands, or in between two of them
ya i remember them but those are when he played the shot and the ball jus knocked the edge of the bat unlike when golla flicks or defense and the ball gets poke and ryt into the fielders hand.
As for tamim,i think it will reduce in upcoming years

the more he plays the better he will get!
Old June 5, 2007, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

of course Tamim should be on the test squad. As someone else on the forum mentioned, he is getting much more sensible in judging good deliveries from bad ones. Besides, when he would be playing the longer form of the game, he will learn to adapt himself automatically. I just want to see it happen much sooner than much later.
Old June 5, 2007, 10:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

his FC average is 43. he has talent and youth on his side. HELL YEAH.

stats, compare these to others: -

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/c...yer/56194.html
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 5, 2007, 10:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

may be at the end of the year..against NZ but not this time.. its too early for him.. he might do well but still its too early for him...
Old June 5, 2007, 10:54 PM
Club Cricketer

Yes, it will make him btr player. Plying test matches will help also in ODI. Since he will know how to leave some balls that are wicket taking balls
Old June 5, 2007, 11:01 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Not Yet. Next Year.
Old June 5, 2007, 11:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

The more I watch Tamim play, the more I feel that he shouldn't be in the Test team yet. He's not mentally prepared. He gives up his wicket all too easily. When he's got his mind into the game, this guy is capable of doing ANYTHING. As soon as he has his mind off the game, he just throws away his wicket.

I feel that we should wait until he learns how to control his mind more than the control he has over the bat. As soon as he learns how to do that, I will be the first one to draft him into the Test squad.
Old June 5, 2007, 11:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
The more I watch Tamim play, the more I feel that he shouldn't be in the Test team yet. He's not mentally prepared. He gives up his wicket all too easily. When he's got his mind into the game, this guy is capable of doing ANYTHING. As soon as he has his mind off the game, he just throws away his wicket.

I feel that we should wait until he learns how to control his mind more than the control he has over the bat. As soon as he learns how to do that, I will be the first one to draft him into the Test squad.
he changes his game for the longer version from what i've seen. also, given the quality of our nationals, genuine talent can better harness itself and learn to deliver on the job. sad fact of life bro.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 5, 2007, 11:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I think his record in the domestic longer version would speak for itself. He deserves to be in the test team. Just because he plays in a certain way in ODi's doesnt mean he will do so in test matches too. A couple of things to note here is:
1. His technique is good enough to make him successful in tests
2. His first class record shows that he is successful at scoring runs in the longer versions of the game.
3. He has the ability to play proper cricket in adddition to his swashbuckling innings' as he has shown in ODI's at times where I have seen him play sensible cricketing shots only. Its not like he only knows how to slog.

Conclusion: he needs to be included in test matches too. His aggressiveness is a plus for us. If he can give us a good start scoring fairly fast then that would break the morale of the opposition bowlers at the start of the match giving us a bit of an upperhand.
Old June 5, 2007, 11:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

In Tests?
In a Test match... I want Bangladesh to score 450+ runs in First Innings. I Also want them to Survive atleast 5 (150 overs=900 Balls) sessions while doing that. Tamim will give us 50-80 runs... in, say, 40-55 balls. That leaves the team needing to score about 400 runs and also survive around 850 Balls.

A 60-in-100-balls holds the same value of a 80-in-50-balls in a Test match. Length of the innings is vital always.
Old June 5, 2007, 11:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
he changes his game for the longer version from what i've seen. also, given the quality of our nationals, genuine talent can better harness itself and learn to deliver on the job. sad fact of life bro.
That's a good argument though. I liked it. When I come to think about it, actually, many of our players learn to deliver on the job. Ashraful, SN, and even Mashrafee are example of that.
Old June 5, 2007, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

I agree wholeheartedly on the control part ... but what I'm saying is that he will gain that control by being a part of test matches ... I am not saying experiment with him persay, but that he would definitely have a different, a much tamer approach towards test matches than ODIs.
Old June 5, 2007, 11:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mashrafe & Shakib!
Default .....

Apart from the very few matches before and during World Cup, where Tamim was looking to slog every delivary, he seems a steady batsmen who indeed does go for the jugular a little too often and does play and miss, but after scoring some runs, he does settle in.

His down fall since after the World Cup has little to do with him and more to do with the batsmen on the other side. If the guy on the other end of the crease is scoring slow, then Tamim is given the job to score quickly.....and YES that is the job specifically designated to him! And the only way Tamim knows to score is to slog.....his "natural game!"

When he tries to up the tempo by slogging because the situation demands so, he gets stumped (even though I haven't seen him get stumped that often at all, the Twenty20 today being an exception), his runouts are rather the architecture of mostly the batsmen at the other end as well.

We have yet to see many things from this bloke and as far as I can see it, he is neither like Ashraful who would give it his all brilliance at first and then fail miserably until very later, or like Shahriar Nafees who set himself apart fromt he rest so brilliantly that now his failure is utterly unbelievable! Tamim is a fast learner whose ego you can never dent.

If he gets out cheaply today, tomorrow he will make the same oppositions cry. And the best thing about him is, like a bolwer to a fresh batsman at the crease, bowling a bouncer to unsettle the new man in, once he hits that smack four or that mammoth six, he unsettles any bowler no matter who it is, after which Tamim dominates and that bowler becomes his bunny for the match if not for matches to follow (ala Zaheer Khan!).

I have a lot of hope for this bloke. Hopefully he will keep his head high and perform well !

Keep it up Tamim, we're backing you !!!!!
Old June 5, 2007, 11:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mashrafe & Shakib!
Default .....

Quote:

I feel your concern but he needs to be exposed sooner or later because he is one of those ultimate assets we have in terms of batting. He already does have a good 4 day record (AVG 40). If he can keep that up in tests, and then improve it to something close to or over 50, it would only be good for Bangladesh and the chap himself !!!!!
Old June 5, 2007, 11:51 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
In Tests?
In a Test match... I want Bangladesh to score 450+ runs in First Innings. I Also want them to Survive atleast 5 (150 overs=900 Balls) sessions while doing that. Tamim will give us 50-80 runs... in, say, 40-55 balls. That leaves the team needing to score about 400 runs and also survive around 850 Balls.

A 60-in-100-balls holds the same value of a 80-in-50-balls in a Test match. Length of the innings is vital always.
tomi holo giya bhai jan zodur ma kodhu, ar bangladesh holo giya beggar, and for that matter we cant be chooser!

and ur choosing,morever expecting golla to score 60? lolz not realistic except maybe with zim even then i highly doubt
Old June 6, 2007, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SsMsu_Fx3A
Old June 6, 2007, 12:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default what are you talking about

Quote:

Against Ireland, he was bowled by johnston, but its very true, I have seen all of tamims odi and 20-20 innings, and I can confidently but sadly say that he has given up his wicket by himself by doing needless things, atleast 85% of the time
Old June 6, 2007, 02:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Definitely want him in the squad. We are desperately in need of some batsmen who can actually BAT.......i don't care if he plays aggressive or not.
Old June 6, 2007, 02:51 AM
Cricket Guru

I want tamim in da test team!!!! even though he plays aggresive.....he can atleast bat unlike sum pplzzzzzzz eg.bashar....
u will atleat know tamim will score more than bashar.....
sooo we need tamim in tests .. simple as that!!!!