facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 26, 2007, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default Bring on the run getters, not the ball stoppers!

Test cricket in my opinion is the only form of cricket where the true cricket is played. What we the Bangladeshi fans think is that, our batsmen do not have the ability to play long innings because they lack temperament. To be honest, I am sick of that comment. It’s not only about staying in the wicket, even the best batsman of the best team ever will not keep quiet after giving a maiden over or two, he will definitely try to score a boundary in the next ball after being defensive. And the Bangladeshi players while trying to do that will gift their wickets, for example Javed Omar/ Shahriar Nafees/ Ashraful/ Rajin… etc etc The pressure on the Bangladeshi batsmen is so much visible from their body language, eyes and the shots they play. They have thousand things going on in their mind and in the process not sure whether to go all defensive or all offensive, and in the process gift away their wickets sooner or later.

The emphasis put on staying in the wicket and wasting balls that might be full tosses, half volleys or easy hookings is costing us a great deal and the results can be seen from the recent performances. The negative thinking attributes to the loss of morale and eventually the lockdown of the batsmen in the creases while playing shots that are clearly half hearted.

I agree test cricket is about temperament, but it’s also about piling on the runs, rotating the strike, bowling out an opposition twice, most importantly keeping the opposition in pressure. And to do that the only way is to score runs.

The team that is selected and playing in the test matches for the last couple of series lacks the technique to score runs or rotate strike, they don’t have the mental strength to resist or attack because they do not believe that they can, they are so awed by the opposition that they are unsure in their own abilities and what to do.

Sooner or later we needed a complete change in our test cricket like we had done to our ODI setup. Remember the times when we used to create records for continuing losing streaks with a team of losers like sanwars, mahmuds, mushfique babus. The only way to bounce back and win the respect of the opposition is to give our old, experienced “losers” a rest for good. Introduce fresh, young, fearless tiger blood.

We need to make a team out of the real tigers in the reserves. In my opinion there is a bunch of really really talented guys we need to play straight away. The change in ODI is already working. We need to change our attitude. Score off the bad balls and consistently. Not play any risky shots and have a solid defense all of which I think is part of a good technique not temperament which I think our oldies lack so so so dearly.

Test Team

1)Mehrab (rest SN now, bring him back only after he scores 5-6 tonnes in NCL)
2)Tamim (he will murder any attack in test cricket, spread the field, score+rotate strike effectively)
3)Tushar (this guy scores and scores big, we need him in test cricket badly)
4)Ashraful (Automatic choice)
5)Rakibul Hasan (best rookie last year, but he is more than that, and he is the fresh and fearless new Bangladesh that I want to play)
6)Mushfique (best technique that a Bangladeshi has, in my mind he is our tendulkar or lara, goodbye KM, we don’t need you anymore)
7)Farhad Reza (a batsmen who scores consistently everywhere, I love his technique, I think he has better bowling now, powerful hitter, and good rotator of strike and he has the attitude of a winner)
8)Mashrafe (in all rounder role)
9)Sahadat
10)One spinner: Rafique/Razzak/Enamul/Riyad (here what I want to say is that we cant make rafique the automatic choice anymore, his batting has dropped to zero and imagine a Riyad or someone who can score consistently here and also take wickets consistently)
11)Third Seamer: Shafaq/Dollar/Zia/Rubel (Anyone with average speed of 135ks and the fastest ball around 145-150) we just have to find this guy, I am sure he is there in Bangladesh.

Your team maybe different from mine. But the point is that, we need to get rid of the oldies Bashar, Mashud, Rajin, and Javed omar. How long have they played guys? Too long and have they ever won any matches for us? Our test status might be taken away because the team selection is dead wrong. I don’t know how and why players like sharif can be even brought in the final 15 let alone final 11. this is just unacceptable. Look around selectors, the bench strength of Bangladesh is enviable to any team around the world and the whole country becomes a laughing stock when players like Javed Omar plays 100 deliveries and scores 30 to only edge the next ball because no one can really hold the concentration and “temperament” for that long.

Remember it’s not about scoring 245 off 100 overs, rather 400 off 100 overs. The only way to achieve that is to score runs and not waste balls. Bring on our run getters not ball stoppers.

Old June 26, 2007, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Great thread. I agree 100%. We need to send this thread to the selectors.
Old June 26, 2007, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

:thumbs up:

Great team. Selectors, you hear that?
Old June 26, 2007, 01:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

I agree with this thread but to fullfill this you need to get rid of those UNFIT selectors.
Old June 26, 2007, 01:55 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus

Test Team

1)Mehrab - fine, since SN is out of form.
2)Tamim - only attack he ever murdered was a wayward Indian bowling. I have no idea what make people think he will change the face of BD test team overnight. what makes aftab anything less than him? I think he is few hold better than tamim.
3)Tushar - He has a test average of single digit. 'nough said.
4)Ashraful (Automatic choice)
5)Rakibul Hasan - Rakibul who? What makes him any different than the current bunch?
6)Mushfique (best technique that a Bangladeshi has, in my mind he is our tendulkar or lara, goodbye KM, we don’t need you anymore)
7)Farhad Reza - where is rajin? the best player of last test series?
8)Mashrafe (in all rounder role)
9)Sahadat
10)One spinner: Rafique/Razzak/Enamul/Riyad (here what I want to say is that we cant make rafique the automatic choice anymore, his batting has dropped to zero and imagine a Riyad or someone who can score consistently here and also take wickets consistently)
11)Third Seamer: Where is rasel? Had not he proved himself to be more effective than Shahadat in every chance he got?
Bottom line: our test team sucks, but a wholesale change won't change anything (actually it will, it will make things worse). Instead, try to realize how hard it is to play murali in his backyard, and have some patience.
Old June 26, 2007, 02:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

I also agree with this article 100%, we seriously need to let those oldies guys they are just doing so crap at the moment. It is understandable if your young and are not playing vry well as you can still learn to become better whereas if you are a more senior player and you play crap then that player doesnt deserve to play cos they youngster has a higher chance to develop and more time.
Old June 26, 2007, 02:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

we are playing test cricket after a year. yes we couldn't perform well. but we just can't keep drafting new players in the team.
Old June 26, 2007, 02:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

lmao!!!..
well sed bro...i think tha a lot of wat is sed in the article makes a lot of sense...n some of the senior members need to either get their acts together or 'do one'..u no for the team!!...
hwever i disagree about tamim..i think tha he is a great playa hwever has a tendancy to get himself out..

oh yh is there any chance tha we can get in touch with the selectors?? cuz i think they really need to rethink hu and why they pik playaz..!
Old June 26, 2007, 03:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

tanvir_nus -

"Test cricket batting does not mean slow batting, it means patient batting. Patient batting means playing each ball according to its own merit, and going with a higher percentage shot selection. Simply put, that means leaving the ones that need to be left alone, blocking the ones that need to be defended, putting half-volleys and full tosses the treatment they deserve, and most importantly, opting for shots that can prolong your survival in the middle. If nudging a single instead of trying to lift one over the circle for a boundary means the higher percentage of survival, you should take the single. Rotating the srike like that should yield a run rate ranging anywhere from 3.0 to 4.0, and individual strike rate ranging between 40.0 to 65.0 percent. By the end of the day, the game is still about runs on the board that take pressure off batsmen at the crease and lower down the order. Steady singles can do all that better than other ways of batting in most cases." (pasted from another thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=22278)

Interesting that you consider Mehrab Jr. and Tushar Imran "run getters" while conveniently keeping Alok Kapali out of your team, Farhad is absurdly adulated while Aftab is ignored, and insinuating that only our selectors are biased !!!??? Please enligten us with Tushar's BIG scores from the last two years from our First Class, not po-dunk Club Cricket that obviously does nothing to prepare us for this level. Please enlighten as to how Farhad can be considered a heavier hitter than Aftab, or a better bowler or fielder for that matter. A notable absence of facts and figures with an overabundance of somewhat stylized opinion is bias by any other name. IMHO, until the point we have transparent and reasonable criteria for selection, selections will remain arbitrary and full of holes even when your favorite players are picked.

Here are Alok's recent, 2007 First Class and List-A performances:

Three 100s and one 50 in 10 FC (4-day) matches, and two 100s and one 50 in 5 List-A (one day) matches from a bangladeshi all-rounder are not good enough for you to consider as run getting. May I ask what is? A conversion to Islam? Or does he have to convert AND marry a relative?

Alok Kapali in NCL: First Class (4-day)

1. Sylhet V. Chittagong 01: -

1st Innings Batting: 11 from 19 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 1 for 37 (16 overs – 5 maiden – 2.31 econ).
2nd Innings Batting (following on): 35 from 121 balls.

2 catches in the match.

Match drawn.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267233.html

2. Sylhet V. Chittagong 02: -

1st Innings Batting: 18 from 39 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 0 for 28 (12 overs – 3 maiden – 2.33 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 40 from 76 balls.

1 catch in the match.

Match drawn.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267236.html

3. Sylhet V. Rajshahi 01: -

1st Innings Batting: 12 from 46 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 2 for 89 (25 overs – 4 maiden – 3.56 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 0 from 2 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 0 for 17 (6 overs – 0 – maiden – 2.83 econ).

1 catch in the match.

Rajshahi won by 7 wickets.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/269233.html

4. Sylhet V. Khulna 01: -

1st Innings Batting: 5 from 25 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 3 for 54 (23.1 overs – 3 maiden – 2.33 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: did not bat.
2nd Inning Bowling: 1 for 37 (22 overs – 7 – maiden – 1.68 econ).

3 catches in the match.

Match drawn.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267240.html

5. Sylhet V. Dhaka 01: -

1st Innings Batting: 173 from 254 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 1 for 16 (7 overs – 3 maiden – 2.28 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 4 from 9 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 3 for 39 (22 overs – 7 – maiden – 1.77 econ).

Sylhet won by 90 runs.

MOM: Alok Kapali.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267243.html

6. Sylhet V. Barisal 01: -

1st Innings Batting: 29 from 53 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 0 for 34 (13 overs – 2 maiden – 2.61 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 41 from 78 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 1 for 29 (8 overs – 1 – maiden – 3.62 econ).

1 catch in the match.

Match drawn.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/280722.html

7. Sylhet V. Rajshahi 02: -

1st Innings Batting: 4 from 8 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 1 for 33 (8 overs – 2 maiden – 4.12 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 8 from 14 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 0 for 17 (6 overs – 0 – maiden – 2.83 econ).

2 catches in the match.

Rajshahi won by an innings and 4 runs.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/280724.html

8. Sylhet V. Khulna 02: -

1st Innings Batting: 60 from 85 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 3 for 48 (26.4 overs – 3 maiden – 1.80 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 18 runs from 22 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 2 for 50 (21 overs – 5 – maiden – 2.38 econ).

3 catches in the match.

Sylhet won by 56 runs.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/280729.html

9. Sylhet V. Dhaka 02: -

1st Innings Batting: 41 from 63 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 2 for 121 (31.1 overs – 3 maiden – 3.88 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 104 from 174 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 1 for 30 (7 overs – 1 – maiden – 4.28 econ).

1 catch in the match.

Match drawn.

MOM: Alok Kapali.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267243.html

10. Sylhet V. Barisal 01: -

1st Innings Batting: 141 from 247 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 3 for 185 (54.2 overs – 8 maiden – 3.40 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 41 from 78 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 1 for 29 (8 overs – 1 – maiden – 3.62 econ).

Match drawn.

MOM: Raquibul Hasan Nirala, 313 NO from 609 balls, 33 boundaries, batting at # 4

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/280990.html

Alok Kapali in NCL: List - A (one day)

1. Sylhet V. Chittagong: -

Batting: 16 from 36 balls.
Bowling: 1 for 9 (4 overs – 1 maiden – 2.25 econ)

2 catches in the match.

Sylhet won by 60 runs.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267249.html

2. Sylhet V. Dhaka: -

Batting: 114 from 125 balls.

Bowling: 1 for 34 (5 overs – 0 maiden – 6.8 econ)

Sylhet won by 5 wickets.

MOM: Alok Kapali

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267251.html

3. Sylhet V. Rajshahi: -

Batting: 59 from 38 balls.

Bowling: 1 for 60 (10 overs – 0 maiden – 6.0 econ)

Rajshahi won by 79 runs.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267253.html

4. Sylhet V. Barisal: -

Batting: 101 from 77 balls.

Bowling: 1 for 60 (9 overs – 0 maiden – 6.6 econ)

1 catch in the match.

Barisal won by 4 wickets.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267258.html

5. Sylhet V. Khulna: -

Batting: 4 from 8 balls.

Bowling: 3 for 36 (10 overs – 0 maiden – 3.6 econ)

1 catch in the match.

Sylhet won by 18 runs.

Scorecard: http://ind.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2...CLOD_04APR2007
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 26, 2007 at 03:46 PM..
Old June 26, 2007, 03:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

we already have a mixture of rookie and old players in our test team, new changes will come but give a little wait. the reason why kapali was out because of his continuous bad performance but occasional spark, every player in bangladesh know their occasional spark time (specially ashraful.)

give it more time man, us fans need to start analyzing critically AFTER the series is over, let some time pass...
Old June 26, 2007, 03:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
11)Third Seamer: Where is rasel? Had not he proved himself to be more effective than Shahadat in every chance he got
Rasel more effective than Rajib??? Ya..just like Pilot is more effective than Mushi...cuz he plays 81 balls to make his 11!!! Unless we change this kinda defensive attitude, mark my words..we'll never win a test match!
Old June 26, 2007, 04:21 PM
Cricket Legend

I think the problem with most of our batsmen is that they simply dont find "hittable" balls. Sooner or later their patience runs out and then they edge one to slip. Bowler like Vaas will keep bowling at the corridor and will give nothing away. And batsman like JO will keep offering the dead bat(if he survives the initial exchange) but then give up at best at 20 or 25. the problem is in their capability or technique. The one whose technique seems to be the most sound, mushfiq is kept out of the team. If the selectors like pilot so much, Mush can easily replace any of the top 6 (so called) batsman.

there is a saying "a bowler is as good as the batsman allows him to be". a batsman needs to produce strokes and make the bowler confused about his line and length , only then he can dominate the bowler.......... if he is really good he actually can make the bowler bowl the line and length where he likes them to be. thats why Bd needs tamim and aftab, it may sound ridiculous to old and defensive selctors and I may be over estimating the ability of those players, still Bd basically have nothing to lose. Atleast then Bd can make vaas/murali think before they bowl.
Old June 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Bottom line: our test team sucks, but a wholesale change won't change anything (actually it will, it will make things worse). Instead, try to realize how hard it is to play murali in his backyard, and have some patience.

the above is indeed the bottomline. i hope the fans realize this soon
Old June 26, 2007, 04:28 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Beside speed that he does not know how to control, what does Shahadat has that rasel does not?
I'm not saying Shahadat is a bad bowler, but he lacks in everything beside speed, and it does not seem like he is willing to learn swing or slow bowling. On the other hand, rasel is progressing day by day.
Old June 26, 2007, 04:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Replace Javed and Mashud with Aftab and Mushfiq. For time being, that are the only changes which I can think of.
Old June 26, 2007, 05:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

I said it before, I say it now and I will say it again tomorrow....bring on Aftab, kick Javed (from all version of cricket)!

It is pathetic to see the way selectors labelled him as a One Day specialist, when Aftab has the ability and talent to rotate the strike (unlike Javed, who is smart enough to make a 60 balls single digit and eventually edges the ball to keeper or point region) and make some quick odd 30/40 unlike these so called longer version specialists!

I say kick Javed out, send Rajin to open and bring Aftab in 5 or 6 slot.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old June 26, 2007, 05:23 PM
Club Cricketer

pplz need to shut the [edited]up b4 talking about tamim
i dnt see any reason of havin player like jo as a opener when we have much better opener sitting in the bench. this guyz completly [edited]. The way he got out in first innings was a pain in the *** to see, then again i never expect him to do gud, due to the lack of technique. Who would try to defense ballz that are far from the off stumpz and angeling away to the keeper, ONLY this [edited]

Last edited by reverse_swing; June 26, 2007 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: mod.content: Banned for repeated rule violation.
Old June 26, 2007, 05:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz
Default true true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by israr
Replace Javed and Mashud with Aftab and Mushfiq. For time being, that are the only changes which I can think of.
we need to replace javed... but with mehrab... and definately mushi instead of mashud... and we also need to bench nafees and put in some1 like farhad reza....
and i guess razzak's bowling is too flat and fast for a spin bowler in test... its better for one day.. but for test i guess rafiq is still automatic unless riyad or enamul develop sufficiently...
but i guess those changes are a must... coz nafees isnt performing... javed is just too old fashioned and things hav changed over time... its not about slow anymore... its about the runs... and mehrab can adjust in wat i would think...
about the tamim vs aftab issue... some would ask how tamim is better than aftab (in general... and not in test...) ... wel aftab plays rash shots.. he looks for big shots and then gets himself out after hitting a few sixes... tamim looks for more fours... and he plays more sensibly in general if he can hold on at the start... but aftab always gets a start and then falls off... tahts not needed... u can also varify wat im sayin by lookin at records... tamim just came in and hes in form... plays good cricket most of the times... and shots are confident most of the times... aftab played a LOT more... and still hasnt even got a single century to his name!!!...
as for rajin saleh... i think he performs almost every other match... and he along wiht bashar are our most reliable batsmen in test... and rajins style is one of the best in bd cricket too.. even in the one day mode... id say get javed out and get mehrab in... if not... then get rajin in... hes got the style and knows how to score... their styles stil work... coz they do know how to score... javed just isnt workin anymore...
farhad reza or tushar imran need chances... its unfair to them basicaly...
so basically wat im saying is that put in people who can get the runs... get the others out. we dont need automatic choices... its not workin for sure.. we dont need to know taht nafees will always b in even if he slacks off... we dont need to know that javed omar will always b in.. that just dosent work... get them out if they are not performing!!!
Old June 26, 2007, 05:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Quote:
Beside speed that he does not know how to control, what does Shahadat has that rasel does not?
I'm not saying Shahadat is a bad bowler, but he lacks in everything beside speed, and it does not seem like he is willing to learn swing or slow bowling. On the other hand, rasel is progressing day by day.
Like all young pacers, Rajib will learn control as he gets older. But you can't learn speed, can you? I'm not saying Rasel is a bad bowler either, but when i see the keeper standing up on the stumps in the 2nd over, with the new ball...it's just a turn off...a huge turn off!
Just like the title of this thread, bring on the wicket takers and the match winners, not the mediocore run stoppers...not in the tests atleast!
Old June 26, 2007, 05:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla786
i dnt see any reason of havin player like jo as a opener when we have much better opener sitting in the bench. this guyz completly nuts. The way he got out in first innings was a pain in the *** to see, then again i never expect him to do gud, due to the lack of technique. Who would try to defense ballz that are far from the off stumpz and angeling away to the keeper, ONLY this []
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life

Last edited by reverse_swing; June 26, 2007 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: mod.quote
Old June 26, 2007, 06:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
are you kidding, rubu bhai.

i can anwer that question:

Quote:
"what does rajib have that rasel doesn't?"
Answer: the same thing that masri doesn't have either, multiple wickets in this test of top order bats as well.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 26, 2007, 06:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navarene
I said it before, I say it now and I will say it again tomorrow....bring on Aftab, kick Javed (from all version of cricket)!

It is pathetic to see the way selectors labelled him as a One Day specialist, when Aftab has the ability and talent to rotate the strike (unlike Javed, who is smart enough to make a 60 balls single digit and eventually edges the ball to keeper or point region) and make some quick odd 30/40 unlike these so called longer version specialists!

I say kick Javed out, send Rajin to open and bring Aftab in 5 or 6 slot.
i agree...

but rajin is dissapointing me...he is cool-headed, and supposedly has good technique, but its so frustrating to see him NOT have a 100 after 3 years of test cricket. he hasn't even come close against non-ZIM teams.

i sincerely hope he gets better...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 26, 2007, 08:21 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
We don't miss Rokon, Sanwar, Sezan, Durjoy et al, do we?

It's time for a mass cleanout. It has been too long since the last one. It may not make us a world beater overnight, but we will certainly see better results in between some unavoaidable failures.
Old June 26, 2007, 08:27 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

1)Aftab
2)Tamim
3)Tushar
4)Ashraful
5)Rajin
6)Mushfique
7)Alok/Farhad Reza
8)Mashrafe
9)Rafique/Enamul
10)Razzak
11)Shahadat

Aftab has potential to be a good test opener, only if he can stop trying to hit every ball. He is one of the best players of pace bowling in our team, and since he's not that good against spin opening/1 down is the ideal position for him. Tushar, Alok gets chance for doing well in domestic/A team.

It might be good to keep complete rookies like Rakib out of the test team for a while. And I'll take a competent 2nd spinner instead of a worthless 3rd seamer.
Old June 26, 2007, 08:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Perfect practice that makes one to improve, I agree with the team above.

1)Aftab
2)Tamim
3)Tushar
4)Ashraful
5)Rajin
6)Mushfique
7)Alok/Farhad Reza
8)Mashrafe
9)Rafique/Enamul
10)Razzak
11)Shahadat

Very nice. Actually this team could turn that 89 maximum to 200+ or so and could have bat till the last session of first day, but that might include some 50 which could bring some confidence in, which is completely lost and in test arena BD seems hapless right now.