facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 1, 2004, 01:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Default A fascinating fifth day awaits us

Naturally I am disappointed as a Bangladesh fan with my team at 94/6 and a lead of 158 runs at the end of the fourth day. However, if we look at the big picture, as cricket fans, it's going to be great day of test cricket. I see the day playing out in one of three scenerios:

-----------------------------------------------------------

1. Bangladesh fold within the first hour putting on less than 20 more runs on the board.

In this case, the Windies win, at most losing 2/3 wickets. Sadly, there is a good chance that this may happen, but let us pray that it doesn't.

2. Bangladesh bat out most of the day leaving the Windies either too little time or too many runs on the board to chase or both:

This is less likely, unless we see something incredible from our tailender again like we did on the second day.

3. Bangladesh bat out the first session adding between 100-150 runs to their overnight total, leaving the Windies with between 250-300 runs to chase to win the test match in the remaining two sessions.

This is the best case sceneario that I would llike to see happen. It will make for a very exciting fifth day where both sides will have a chance to win. Chris Gayle's hard-hitting and Rafique's wily spin will become crucial here.

------------------------------------------------------

Of course, all of the above is assuming that rain does not become a spoiler. Although as Bangladeshi fans we might wish for it to rain to save us from a defeat I think that ultimately as cricket fans we will want to see a worthy end to what has been a great test match.

Old June 1, 2004, 05:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

WHAT BD lost 6 wickets already in the second innings?????

Man let me read the newspapers ..... missed cricket for two days!!!!
Old June 1, 2004, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Hope is what keeps us going. As long as there are wickets in hand, and overs to be played, there is always hope!
Old June 1, 2004, 09:48 AM
Cricket Guru

i lost my words...
Old June 1, 2004, 10:23 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Well, consider the pitch breaking up on the 4th and 5th day, thus both team might find it very hard to bat on. Even Sumon mentioned he didnt want to bat the 4th innings as it will be a nightmare because of the pitch.

We might still have shot.