facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 2, 2004, 12:30 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default \"Nannu Moni Wants to be Back in National Team\"

I've seen this heading in bangladesherkhela.com a while ago but did not generate much interest because to me it seems like shahidul azam likes to talk about off topic and a bit nay sayer. but, when i read it, i see that he actually used quote from nannu and moni that they wants to be back in the team, on the basis of CCL performance. This is why I used the quote mark on the subject. I'm interested in knowing u guys' opinion about it. I don't think the CCL performance is really valid because their performance is best not including the national players. but, in a overall basis, do u think we should give nannu one chance to fulfill his "dream"?

and again, we need to build a stable team where players can be a long term prospect as well. on which basis, they are a utter missmatch. read what these players have to say about it. my another question is, what is shahidul azam trying to achieve from his these off sort articles?

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by AgentSmith]

Old June 2, 2004, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

The reporter who wrote this article needs something from BCB..... I never got any valid from his long articles....
Old June 2, 2004, 01:02 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

They can dream all they want, but its not happening. Bringing Nannu and Moni to the team now would be talking 10 steps backward. Nannu gave up his career when he retired. He did a lot for BD cricket, there is no doubt about it. But that doesn't justify including him in the team just for his dream fulfilment. If he can come into the team with performance alone then its a seperate issue. But from knowledge, he didn't do anything extraordinary in national league.
Old June 2, 2004, 01:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Nannu is my fav player but I don't like his attitude. How many times he retired from BD national team?

(i) He was not in ICC winning team becaoz he was retired at that time.

(ii) After seeing the oppertunity to play in Worl cup cricket he came out of retirement and played in the WC 1999 ... then retired again!!

(iii) When BD got test status he came out of retirement to fulfill his dream not helping BD out!!!

Strange....
Old June 2, 2004, 02:02 AM
Cricket Legend

They want to be back in National team? Jeez, what are they talking about. Buro boyoshe bhim roti.

I don't recall any of them doing anything extra-ordinary in the CCL. They are too old, and not even fit enough to match the current side. We have a fresh and young bunch of enthusiastic players in our team, with a bright future in sight. Including these 2 old horses in the team will destroy the improvement we have worked so hard for ever since Whatmore took over. Nannu and Moni should stick to writing columns in local newspapers, instead of dreaming about getting back into the national team.
Old June 2, 2004, 02:43 AM
Banned

Nannu did not pass the fitness test the last few times he tried.
Old June 2, 2004, 11:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
Nannu is my fav player but I don't like his attitude. How many times he retired from BD national team?

(Strange....
Nannu was not only in the ICC winning team, he played key parts in that tournament too. He was the partner of Akram against Holland when bangladesh was looking down the barrel. He requested akram to promote him up the order in the final against Kenya and he did score some runs.
Old June 2, 2004, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Optimist
Quote:

(Strange....
Nannu was not only in the ICC winning team, he played key parts in that tournament too. He was the partner of Akram against Holland when bangladesh was looking down the barrel. He requested akram to promote him up the order in the final against Kenya and he did score some runs.
nannu is the best player of spin we have had so far. he could have swept sarwan for 4s without much effort. that was why he was such a vital element in the team since our player are usually preety poor against spin.

But taking him now would be a backstep, no doubt!
Old June 2, 2004, 12:31 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Nannu and Moni are top players among non national players. It doesnt really prove anything. If there was a tournament with all national players competiting, I am sure Nannu and Moni would not even be in the top 5.
Old June 2, 2004, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Optimist
Quote:

(Strange....
Ya u r right.... Nannu retired after the ICC trophy ...
Old June 2, 2004, 12:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Maximum players are retiring (Opted by self) from International level to do well in national level, latest Nasser Hussein…
Old June 2, 2004, 12:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Mushfique, Liton

Quote:

(ii) After seeing the oppertunity to play in Worl cup cricket he came out of retirement and played in the WC 1999 ... then retired again!!

(iii) When BD got test status he came out of retirement to fulfill his dream not helping BD out!!!

Strange....
come on! Nannu was in our ICC winning team. He oppened the batting or came at no. 3 in the final match and contributed a bit too.

He is no doubt the best batsman that we have produced. Giving him chance in the current team is however a different matter.
Old June 2, 2004, 01:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

So doew Atahar, Raqibul, Heera, Lipu and Lintu.

I am sure Doulot (God rest his soul), wherever he is, wants to play in the test too.

Shahidul Azam has run out of relevant topics.
Old June 2, 2004, 02:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Everyone.. Pls!

dont really know if the report in the newspaper about thier interest is true or not.. but probably we should not try to Degrade their performance and contribution in our cricket.

but the thing is that.. playing in the national team is not only a matter of form and performance!.. look at Steve Waugh then!.. he retired at the peak of his form!!
thats the way it has to be!

#The team always has to keep update for the need of long term prospect..
#The game also changes with time.. so players with new qualities and temperemant has to be always on the team...
Old June 2, 2004, 04:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

just give them one chance to be in the camp. just once, let them go thru the practice session of dav. those hard work will be enough to break their old bones, and therefore, there dream. they are too old to get anything, except some respect.
Old June 2, 2004, 05:28 PM
Club Cricketer

Default nannu

Nannu was my favourate batsman but I hate his attitude thats published about his dream ...........he needs to keep his dream secret
Old June 2, 2004, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

There is no way Nannu and Moni should be called back...it will indeed take us ten years back. Besides, we've got better players in the team right now.
Old June 2, 2004, 07:48 PM
Cricket Legend

yeah right! Nannu and Moni are old relic of the past. Coming back to the national team will bring more misery for everybody. They need to stay where they are and shut their cape- hole and forget about what they have mentioned about joining the national team again.:embaressed: