facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 31, 2008, 11:47 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Inside Bangladesh domestic cricket : please post your questions here.

The standard of domestic cricket of Bangladesh is one of the major concerns of Bangladesh fans.

To get a better understanding of the real scenario, I managed to contact with Ehsanul Haque Seezan, one of the leading performers of Bangladesh domestic cricket.

Seezan is playing first class cricket for the last eight years. With 63 first class match under his belt, he is one of the most experienced domestic cricketers of Bangladesh. He has played only one Test and 6 ODIs for Bangladesh.

He has been ignored by the selectors despite his fine run of form in the last 3-4 years.

I have already taken an interview of Seezan. He was very co-operative in describing even the minute details of Bangladesh domestic cricket structure, facilities, wicket type at different venues, players perspective, expectations etc..

He is ready to answer many more questions to help us understand the real scenario of domestic cricket. I am inviting questions from the members about Bangladesh domestic cricket.

We will publish the interview and that will be followed by the question-answer piece.

If required, we will contact other first class cricketers to get better/appropriate answers of some questions.

We will finally make a set of recommendation which we will publish and will send it to BCB cricket development committee.

So, get ready with your questions!!

It's question time.

Old March 31, 2008, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

why can't we get a permanent calendar? Do you think a 5-yr calendar would benefit our domestic cricket? a calendar that will have details of tournaments to be held?
Old March 31, 2008, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Why cant more emphasis be put on the number of FC matces played each year? say 15-20 matches per team incuding league matches as well as more practice one off games?

Also what is the standard of cricket being played within the Bangladesh domestic circuit compared with say India ?
Old March 31, 2008, 02:05 PM
Test Cricketer

siddions once said bd batsman dont face quality fast bowlers in the domestic competition and thus thats not helping them well to take on the worlds best fast bowlers.so,my question to sezan would be hw far has there been improvement in this department?are there enuff quality fast bowlers coming up??hw bout fast bowling allrounders??
Old March 31, 2008, 02:07 PM
BC Editorial Team

Who are the domestic spinners who can really rip it. I accept that we don't yet, as a nation have the physique for churning out fast bowlers off an assembly line. The fact that Enam is the only spinner I've seen who can give the ball serious RPMs tho bugs the heck out of me. Surely if we have some tweakers (finger or wrist) who can give the ball an almighty whirl, we can train them to have better control and give our spin attack more potency.
Old March 31, 2008, 02:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

why can't we have foreign players like in premium league in NCL?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 31, 2008, 02:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Why were most of the NCL matches so low-scoring? If within our own level we cannot perform so well, how can we put a better show with stronger opponents?
Old March 31, 2008, 02:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Why cant we have fast and bouncy pitches at home ?
Old March 31, 2008, 02:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
We will finally make a set of recommendation which we will publish and will send it to BCB cricket development committee.

So, get ready with your questions!!

It's question time.
Asking Ehsan questions and recommend BCB is two different thing. Ehsan can't answer most of my questions. BCB would be the one to answer them. When it is time for recommending stuff to BCB you MUST open another thread for that.

As for Ehsan:
Tough question may be he can't answer but still: (Keeping Tushar in mind)

1) Why someone can beat the crap out of the bowlers in domestic league or even perform great in A team, Academy team and then in the national team forgets to even hold the bat properly? What is the mindset they go through? Is there too much pressure because of the situation he is pushed in? 4/40, 5/50. Or players still have lot to learn. Didn't do their homework properly, may be? Or he is just not good enough for intl cricket?

2) If a player gets a second chance in the National team, how can he turn his earlier misfortunes around? Would his approach be different than the first time?

3) A simple "yes" or "no" question. In his mind, did he ever face politics (not Political party stuff) and was not selected for the national team? Did he ever felt that way?
Old March 31, 2008, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
why can't we have foreign players like in premium league in NCL?
Because NCL is the National Cricket League
Old March 31, 2008, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

My Question: Does Sezan bhai see himself being recalled to the national team?
Old March 31, 2008, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

I think, more tournaments should be played inside Bangladesh. Mainly First Class.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old March 31, 2008, 02:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
Because NCL is the National Cricket League
Yeah i know that but since our NCL is in such poor quality and other countries invites the whole team to play in their 1st class tournaments hence i don't see any problem with foreign players playing in the NCL.

I want to know how he feels about the idea
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Last edited by akabir77; March 31, 2008 at 04:39 PM..
Old March 31, 2008, 03:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

How hard was it for him to adjust when he was called up for the national duty. What does he think worked against him in his failure in World Cup and what did he do since then to rectify it?
Old March 31, 2008, 04:21 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

The purpose of this "inside bangladesh domestic cricket" thread is to understand the domestic cricket in more detail. Seezan is an ideal choice as he has got vast exerience in domestic cricket and played more NCL matches than even leading national team players.

Once we get our answers, we will be able to make some good recommendations.

Asking question to BCB is a different matter altogether. I think a player experiences both good and bad side of domestic cricket and his views will be more valuable in understanding the real scenario than that of officials.
Old March 31, 2008, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Few questions I have:

1. As a senior player and an ex-national, what does he think are the issues with our test team?
2. Often times temperment has been cited as the major issue with our test team, why doesnt experience in NCL translate into test temperment?
3. When on field, did he actually observe selectors or national team managers watching the game regularly?
4. What is his ideal Test XI?
5. There is a saying that the best performers in NCL fails at the national level, is it a fallacy? Co-incedence? or a fact that has substance? What would he recommend to the board to address that issue?
Old March 31, 2008, 05:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i'd like to know what his perspective is on the game? what is his attitude when going out to bat? he's one of the most consistent batsmen in bangladesh atm and maybe ehsanul can offer some advice to the players who aren't as consistent as him in terms of becoming more consistent.
Old March 31, 2008, 05:31 PM
Cricket Legend

1. I have a feeling that our players doesnt enjoying the game rather they are playing because they have to earn money to support their family. This is making a huge pressure on cricketers to perform in every match. What is his opinion about that?

2. We had a better domestic club cricket before getting test status. But unfortunately it lost its fame and attaction. Does he think current NCL and other cricket formats can replace that emtiness?
Old March 31, 2008, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasimul
because they have to earn money to support their family. This is making a huge pressure on cricketers to perform
Isn't that the case in all occupations?
Old March 31, 2008, 06:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasimul
1. I have a feeling that our players doesnt enjoying the game rather they are playing because they have to earn money to support their family. This is making a huge pressure on cricketers to perform in every match. What is his opinion about that?

2. We had a better domestic club cricket before getting test status. But unfortunately it lost its fame and attaction. Does he think current NCL and other cricket formats can replace that emtiness?
Solution is, Make the good performers in domestic so rich, that when they are picked for the national team, they only play for pride.

That's how every country has solved it. How a player earns his living after he is out of national team at the age of 30-35? While the retirement age for all profession is 55 + ?
Old March 31, 2008, 09:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Khaled Mashud is trying to start a cricket academy in Rajshahi independent of BCB, is there any similar effort has been taken place in Chittagong ? What are the measures (if any) taken to rejuvenate the club league in Chittagong ?

Why is Chittagong so far behind (in comparison to other parts of the country) in producing good fast bowlers ?

Some vital test batting records are broken in Chittagong Divisional Stadium (highest opening partnership, double century by a night watchman), don't you think the wicket here should be renovated to be more bowler friendly ?

I see many Dhaka clubs are hiring Pakistani players who are here because their local teams don't give them chances. Do you think hiring such players help Dhaka league to be more competitive ? Hiring those players robes many local talents chances to play for their clubs, does not it make a negative effect in the long run for Bangladesh cricket ?

My last question is about Waseluddin Ahmed. There was a time I thought of him as a good talent to watch for, what went wrong with him ? How is he doing nowadays ?

Last edited by Eshen; March 31, 2008 at 09:53 PM..
Old March 31, 2008, 09:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

How do you grade yourself among the top BD batsmen after having such an excellent performance in FC level - do you feel comfortable playing TEST?

Would you name few prospects who can really take us one level up in the longer version of the game?

Do you think you and fellow others are ready to challenge the top TEST bowlers? If not what measures should take us there in near future?

Thanks.
Old April 1, 2008, 02:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

what is the differnece he feels palying list A match in NCL and premier league?
Old April 1, 2008, 02:33 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Why were most of the NCL matches so low-scoring? If within our own level we cannot perform so well, how can we put a better show with stronger opponents?
Best Question.
Old April 1, 2008, 03:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

There should be more ODI tourney like only top 5/4/3 clubs play a super cup.

wht do u think Miraz bhai?