facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 2, 2008, 09:51 AM
Cricket Sage

TE,

When some one builds hope that after playing 100+ ODIs its still matter of time a player like Ash/Aftab will click next time and at the same time thinks that 11 ODI is good enough to judge a young player like Dhiman and tag him as no-good.... what's the point of wasting your time to try to convince him otherwise?

I may not agree but I can understand if someone thinks we still have hope in Ash/Aftab... or someone thinks a player may have limited capability after watching him 10/11 ODI games. But I see pointless to argue with someone who things both at the same time.... shows extra-ordinary patience for some players like Ash/Aftab and virtually no sign of patience for other players like Dhiman.......

I think its just wasting of our time to agrue with him, becuase what he says doesn't make sense at all.... completely contradictory logic.

"past is history.... future is mystry.... present is gift of god"

Old June 2, 2008, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Jammie Bolod destroys our confidence
Old June 2, 2008, 10:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Im at shatkira, jamalpur posting 1st time through mob. Feeling great 2 share with u all
Old June 2, 2008, 07:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
What happens when Ash-Aftab (senior players) have no common sense? If they had some, they wouldn't have said, "I scored three double figure scores" or "I played good" when he scored 57 in five tries.

I see you are satisfied with Eids. 2 wins and heavy bashing rest of the way is our standard. 20 average is all you can ask for from #3 and #4 position. Well, I am not satisfied with that.

Wake up buddy!! This is earth not Mars. Where did you get these type of false ideas? Did you follow Ash-Aftab's batting in the domestic cricket? Not only in NCL but DPL also. They have had enough experience and it is time to bat with their head not with their instinct. They couldn't play the entire super league because they were benched. And you know why someone gets benched, correct?

There may be no better player than Ash-Aftab there are others who know their limitations and play sensibly. I am willing to try Raqibul at #3, and give Shakib at his original position #4 back. They do average much more than Ash-Aftab.

When did Siddon's comment had similar value of biblical verses? He has also said many other things like we can't beat #6 team in five consecutive tries. If you believe him in all respect, you are being deceived. Siddons approach makes us think that we can not beat anyone other than WI. Even that would be a far cry.

Siddons is fed with information by the selectors. What ever they say Siddons believes it. What happened to Rafique (Spinner)? He didn't even know if Rafique was as good or bad as Abdur Razzak or Enam. Wasn't he unjustly left out?

Are you okay? What is your point here? You are trying to draw a parallel with all aggressive players are all equal? Tamim vs Aftab or Tamim vs Ash or Tamim vs Alok? As far as I can remember both Ash and Alok played in 2003 WC. WTF did they do? Do you know their scores even? golden ducks and single digit scores were the norms.

It's just matter of time for what? How many games did they (Ash & Aftab) play? How many games more they need to play before they figure out how to be consistant? Do you understand what I am trying to say? Let me explain clearly one last time.

The selection process should be transparent. Free rides need to stop. Domestic cricket performances should be given priority to choose the players for national team. Ash-Aftab is no different than anyone else. They have to perform in the domestic cricket before they can say "yes, that is my birth right". If they perform in the domestic cricket and still suck in the national team so be it. That is what we will accept. If they can't even perform in the domestic cricket there is no way they can keep occupying a spot in the national team. We have come a long way from playing 9 or 8 players only. If in between these three anyone has a case then it should be Alok because he did score some runs in the domestic cricket. The rest two needs to show us they have something in them. Enough free ride.

Finally, I have a question for you. Why do you think Mohamadan bench the superstars (Aftab, Junaid - Ash for one game) in the last two matches of Premier League? Are they fools? The best part is the so called less talented players gave two wins, one with a emphatic fashion to the league leaders Biman. I'd like to know your explanation on this one. Mohamadan's money is more valuable than the BCB's, is that it? Or performance should be the criteria?

Thank you.
I understand and am aware of all the things you have mentioned. However, if you drop Ash and Aftab psychologically do we have the mental aptitude to win any games? Do we have anyone to fall back on against bigger nations to deliver? I understand your frustration but remember there's always sujectivity in team selection. These guys at least can bash the minnows but the others may not be able to even that. Even if they can, dropping Ash or sacking him of captaincy in particular would mean committing the same crime as dropping Dhiman after few matches only. Bringing another person isn't going to solve the problem because most of the players who are brought in have been just as inconsistent in my opinion minus the flash and few occaisional eids. We will need another captain and vice captain and without Ash in particular. Furthermore, we will have no one with proven track record to score centuries in tests, in ODIs his presence will be missed. A team needs some assurance going into any series. Without experience players in Ash and Aftab there aren't too many players to guide them on the field. I just feel given that we don't have too much depth you can't drop a supposedly a star batsman just to teach him a lesson and jeopardize chances of perhaps winning a game if that person bats well. That's just my humble opinion. Also, because Ash has more test matches under his belt, he's more likely to score big runs than someone just starting out. Rakibul hasn't shown that he can win us matches yet so giving him the #3 position is perhaps not ideal.

I think Bd's batting crisis is analogous to the global warming problem, there's no magic bullet, you need a wholistic approach to solve it. Bottom line is unfortunately, untill someone really plays consistently, Ash and Aftab will stick around for the better or the worse. BTW I personally don't like any of the Bd batsmen, but I think we only have one or two batsmen who can become star players. The fair selection policy should be in place if it isn't already but I can't see the management selecting a team without those players just because the risk is too great even though you may argue that taking Ash and Aftab in the team more risky.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; June 2, 2008 at 07:56 PM..
Old June 3, 2008, 12:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Hai Hai Hai....

In first warm up match, Dhiman selector-der Ijjat loot liya....

Ashraful 16 ( with two lives), Mushiq 20 and Dhiman 71
Old June 3, 2008, 12:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

There are some players who can only play in big stages

Our entire team looks to be of that category.
Old June 3, 2008, 12:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
There are some players who can only play in big stages

Our entire team looks to be of that category.
lol, ektu generalise hoiye galo na?

There are some players who can only play in big stages once in a blue moon. Since they are the main stay of our team (backbone) that is why we suck the rest of the time. Root cause had been identified long time back. The boro bolod (Rafiqul Alam) and some fans doesn't understand that. The fans loyalty is with the players not with the team.

Even against the A team Ashraful got a life and then got out at 16. That is as careless as it gets. He knows all eyes are on him still can't fix his problem. He is not capable of fixing his problem. Not after playing 100+ intl games.
Old June 3, 2008, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Hai Hai Hai....

Do they have any Ijjat?
But it is Mushy's fault that he can not stay till the end; Ash is innocent because jealous A team players did not give him a third chance to score. And obviously Dhiman's fault that he scored 73 NO out of 71 balls.
Ash is a big match player. The only match he played well which have any significance was in 2005 unfortunately. He is even better than Bradman and Tendy together. Why should we drop him? even thinking of it is blasphemous.
Old June 4, 2008, 09:19 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Hai Hai Hai....

Ashraful 16 ( with two lives), Mushiq 20 and Dhiman 71
Hello Fazal Bhaiyya,

You are spot on with regards to Dhiman.

DHIMAN SHOWS THE WAY!

I feel sorry for Dhiman to be displaced from the National to A eleven. But if he fares outstandingly in the two practice matches and outperforms Rahim – (Already Proved he is a better batter in the first practice match who knows he may storm back into the national team. After all he is still in the reserve list.

Cheers!