facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 9, 2008, 04:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Question Are the players not happy with Siddons??

Seems like players are not that happy with Siddons. They think he's very honest and that is the problem. He talks nice with us in the dressing room but whenever he talks to the media, he starts talking about our weak points.

Most of the players think he's very inexperienced as a coach.

Players also supporing Ashraful as a captain. They are saying he's doing a good job. Just not getting the runs. Everyone enjoying under his captaincy.

Quote:
Siddons: Ashraful, Is your captaincy contract already over? Why everyone talking about it?
AShraful: Nope!
"Ami nij theke captaincy niye kisu bolini. Ami just Mediar question gulor answer korechi" - Siddons.

Meanwhile, After hearing all this about his captaincy, Ashraful went to talk to Shakib and Mash. He asked them if they are ready to take the role if he resigns. Shakib directly said "NO". Mashrafe said "YES" if the board wants but not by blaming Ash's captaincy like this.

Prothom-Alo

**********************=======*********************

This is not a Siddon's bashing thread. SO apnara amake Siddons basher bolbenna... DhonnoBaad.

Ar ami bangla theke english e translate korte parinai onek kisu.. Ja korsi tatei onek bhul korsi.. please hashbenna Thanks

Last edited by Murad; September 9, 2008 at 04:43 AM..

Old September 9, 2008, 04:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Prothom Alor oi kolam porechi, onek obak o hoyechi. The way Siddons approached Ash asked him "why there is too much talk about his captaincy" kind of intersting. eiprothom oita shnulam. aar kuno paper oita porini.

and ofcourse this is not Siddons Bashing post
Old September 9, 2008, 04:41 AM
Cricket Guru

I'm Happy Shakib said no. He's way to young to be captain... and Mash didn't return home with the team because he was going to see a Melbourne doctor? That means he is like ..here!! LIKE O.M.G!!! If he is here.. I hope he hasn't left... i need to tell my Dad!!!
Old September 9, 2008, 04:45 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Mashrafe Mortaza said he is ready to captain Bangladesh.
Old September 9, 2008, 06:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Prothom-alo has replaced both JaJaDi and Inqilab.
Old September 9, 2008, 08:43 AM
Test Cricketer

thats a very inconsistent article,
Old September 9, 2008, 09:09 AM
Banned

Actually, you missed the most important point - Shakib turned down the offer. He wants to be the King of Bangladesh. Then fire Siddons.

That's why he completed his H.S.C recently.
Old September 9, 2008, 09:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

The series loss is because of the wicket? What garbage talk. We saw how each and everyone got out. Nothing to do with wicket. In the last game alone, Junaid, Ash, Alok, Shakib, Tamim all got out in rubish balls.

Is there no representative from Mohamadan in the board? Why can't they advice the national selectors of what they had done in recent past?

As for captaincy, I thought he said he was a player first captain second. Player anda parley captaincy diya ki hobey? Bowling change, three on the off three on on, inside the circle kay shajatey parey na? Best batsman can not get free rides. Just like our best test batsman HB. Performance na hoiley team thekey cut.
Old September 9, 2008, 09:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Did i read the wrong Article? Cause when I read it I thought the unknown player said he is too honest and in the dressing room he always says what we are lacking which is true but it doesn't help. he does the same with the media.

But the thread opener says he talks nice to us but says bad stuff to media...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old September 9, 2008, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Prothom Alo are arguably the biggest Jamie Siddons bashers. If Jamie could read what they are writing about him he would actually defend himself.
Old September 9, 2008, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
I'm Happy Shakib said no. He's way to young to be captain... and Mash didn't return home with the team because he was going to see a Melbourne doctor? That means he is like ..here!! LIKE O.M.G!!! If he is here.. I hope he hasn't left... i need to tell my Dad!!!
Spot on. I am happy that Shakib was smart enough to say no; and I'm worried that Mash is up for it. We really don't need a captain who will potentially be at the hospital half the time. Besides, why burden one of our better performers with a role as demanding as this and cross out the possibility of getting out of him whatever little we are right now in terms of wickets and runs?
Old September 9, 2008, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Did i read the wrong Article? Cause when I read it I thought the unknown player said he is too honest and in the dressing room he always says what we are lacking which is true but it doesn't help. he does the same with the media.

But the thread opener says he talks nice to us but says bad stuff to media...
The thread opener has set a disclaimer on the first post, so believe what you read in the article
Old September 9, 2008, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Prothom Alo is not a really trust worthy paper any more.. very few are these days.. but this article itself reads more like a imaginative reporting than objective fact reporting.. What else can you expect from PA these days!! I guess the editor slapped the conscience out from the head during the Tawba ceremony!!
Old September 9, 2008, 12:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Taar mani article bhuwa? Ashen, amra shobai mile Murad bhai ree dholai kori...amader jaaner tukra poraner tukra Siddons er mon niye chini mini khelar jonno.
Old September 9, 2008, 12:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

oi betare 2 packet nourkrin khwaya dile valo hoito,
Old September 9, 2008, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

When team is not doing well such things happen....people tend to think in many ways....The next three series (NZ, SA & SL)is very crucial....is going the give us the real scenario of current bunch of players and Siddons....All are now under huge pressure and lets see how all responds.....

I am personally very happy with Sakib said straight "NO" to the captaincy....makes me feel that a real potential long term captain for Bangladesh is in the making.
Old September 9, 2008, 01:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly, Rafiq, Klusner

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
dont break your leg too to see the same doctors!!
Old September 9, 2008, 02:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Bogus report. He is the most experienced coach of the world. How can the players say that he is inexperienced. All the other medias are praising JS, so prothom alo must be highly biased. The most anti sidon newspaper.

I doubt if the writer understands anything of cricket.
Old September 9, 2008, 06:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

I doubt if the writer understands anything of cricket.
thats easy..all we hav to do is ask him...if he expected bangladesh to win against Pakistan?? if he did then he's got no clue abt cricket...
Old September 9, 2008, 07:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omio
ei nourkin jinishta ki bhai. aar kare khawaiben siddons re na reporter re.
Old September 9, 2008, 07:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

Siddons...i dont know....i am not comfortable with his words either...forget Prothom Alo...what he said to Cricinfo...does not go well with me. Prothom Alo may be false, but Cricinfo is legitimate. Siddons....dont sit too well with me on team spirit. The last Australian, atleast, didnt seem like too much of an asshole, althought he got us some fluke wins but thats all. This guy...told the batsmen that they cannot play shots if they are not the top 3 batsman...that doesnt help a team. I dont want to say kick him out already but i dont like the way he talks at all. He is OUR COACH for god's sake. U dont talk who u plan to cut to the media, thats just...unprofessional. He may mention, hey here is some of our weak points...but bach Ashraful, blame the pitch, blame Mitchell's speed??!! what is wrong with this guy? lol
and YES, THIS IS A SIDDONS BASHING POST AND RIGHTFULLY SO.
Old September 9, 2008, 08:40 PM
Cricket Sage

So Ash is now doing office politics to save his sorry rear,

Thats why I said remove this cancer sooner than later, other wise when he goes to the drain, not only he will take the coach (who ever he will be at the time) but also screw up some player's career.

The players just do their own business, and Ash should not drag other players into his own created mess. My my guess is he is a spoiled brat who was being pamper and spoiled by his fan base and now he thinks he is bigger than the team.

I see nothing but more trouble for Bangladesh team.
Old September 9, 2008, 09:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omio
What in the wrold is nourkrin?
Old September 9, 2008, 10:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

""There were few ovals and even less gyms, he said, little in the way of organised junior cricket, a handful of qualified coaches, two physiotherapists, and one bowling machine.

Siddons is critical of the national cricket board's lack of planning, and reluctance to put adequate infrastructure in place, from ground zero.

He said board members were only interested in the national team's fortunes.
"That's where they'll be seen to be a successful board member and make a name for themselves," he said

We heard it from Saber board, then from COCO board and now from Jamali Board that we are going to do this going to do that, getting bottom of this that, after every debacle we heard this.
Where are the result of all those?

This infuriating that a test playing nation has only one, I repeat only ONE Bowling machine. I mean, forget about gym, coaches fields everthing. This one fact is good enough to show the standard of so called domestic infrastructure.

In my younger days I heard so much about Lipu being the best cricket brain country has produced. But I am sorry you might be the best in pre test arena but where is the steps you are taking now to remedy these problems????

The JUGS Cricket Bowling Machine is the most widely used bowling machine in the world. and it costs 2000 dollar. i mean everytime they send one shity person, abroad with team a selection committee member or management why cant we send one less and buy a damn bowling machine? it cost more than 2000 to send one selector in australia. does it not? what a selector has to do in australia? what is his job their. have you ever heard of any other team whose selector travels with the national team on a rotationary basis??? that money could have been put to buy a bowling machine, bats, can be paid to the highest run scorer of the domestic league. but no, domestic cricketer has to live on 300 (which was increased from 100) Taka a day. Increase is not even enough for inflation adjustment.

And then we talk big. I absolutely see siddons saying anything remotely wrong. May be he has spoken too much of his mind. Now some ppl are saying oo may be he shouldn't have saying all these. But This is what coaches after coaches said. Starting from Greenidge to Burlow to everybody said about these things.

BCB has new offices, new airconditioned towers. they move offices from Gulistan to Gulshan to Mirpur, but where is the infrastructure. new fields has been made purely for political credits in places where they dont even go back. where are the wickets.

I mean how hard is it to get blody fast and boucy wickets??????????????????? two day games in school cricket. 4 day competition for under 17 and under 21 players.

Decent living salaries for the 1st class player. yes I know all of these needs money. Board had plenty of that??? find more ways to generate? where the money has gone.

Did this new board not mention about transparency about their money? I havenot seen a single public spending report in a year???????

What is the difference among Saber team, COCO team and Jamali team: They all bluffed. saber on the table, Coco through eywash (remember about changing the name to Cricket Bangladesh to copy cricket Australia) and Jamali with Big empty talks.

time is here. Its now or never.
Old September 9, 2008, 10:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

How long it takes to produce physiotherapist. its a 3 year degree??????? we make 2000 doctors everyyear. How can we not at least send 15 of them abroad to get physio certificate, in australia or even in bloody south africa???????????? 15 physio meant that we would have had a physio for every single first class team and club teams and also there would have been some left to be used for school cricket during off season????? Even that didnot happen??????

I want a public 10 years plan....... that these are the steps will be taken for next 10 years to develop the cricket. Is there anybody in the administration who will be able to do this.