facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old October 21, 2008, 06:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Custom Titles, Instead of Test Cricketer, ODI Cricketer etc. If people can put there own little title as long as they don't Say Mod or Profanity. They Can Still keep the Cricket Ranking System if they like

Old October 22, 2008, 11:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

There was an old thread I opened which was largely criticised at that time but again these are suggestions, acceptance completely should come from BC Management.

1. Survey Option as a thread.
2. Answers need to remain to be uneditable and also invisible to general participants, visible only to thread opener and people involved in a quiz thread till the deadline reaches.

Last edited by One World; October 22, 2008 at 11:26 PM..
Old October 22, 2008, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

The link for going to the last page is very helpful. thank you mods!
Old October 25, 2008, 05:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Maybe we could change the attitude toward double/multiple posting? It seems to be pretty relaxed here, whereas on all the other forums I post on people are encouraged to use the edit button rather than double post.
Old October 25, 2008, 10:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

We need a subsection for stanford 20/20 in Leagues and Tourney section.

Thanks!
Old October 31, 2008, 02:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Please take us to the main ICL page after clicking Tourney forum. It's annoying to double click.... ICC trophy is currently an archive no?

Be a more user friendly mods instead of kicking us prematurely all the time
Old October 31, 2008, 03:14 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Please take us to the main ICL page after clicking Tourney forum. It's annoying to double click.... ICC trophy is currently an archive no?

it is ICC champions Trophy aka Mini world cup; not the ICC trophy for minnows we used to play

Only a Legend now a days- no worries mate
Old October 31, 2008, 05:04 PM
Cricket Savant

I agree with cricman that custom titles would be great.

And who else thinks a sub-forum about BD Women's Cricket would be a fantastic idea? ;-)
Old October 31, 2008, 05:52 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:

Done.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old October 31, 2008, 09:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Done.
Thank you Nasif bhai, you guys are just too innovative... I wish I could have given you a motor bike for inventing that interface... alok and shahriar seems to be getting one for their shots Why not you, why not us? damn it Why not?
Old February 7, 2009, 05:40 AM
Banned

Just noticed a few bans hanging around in this website. Can a one liner reason be given right under the ban notification? For example,
Banned for 1 month
Reason: use of abusive language leading to forum rules violation (thread link).

Thank you
peace
Old February 13, 2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

In many countries, there is a community service for less offensive crime. Can we have something similar rather than a ban? For example, voluntary banglacricket service such as writing an article, poem, or even a joke for the members?
Old February 13, 2009, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
In many countries, there is a community service for less offensive crime. Can we have something similar rather than a ban? For example, voluntary banglacricket service such as writing an article, poem, or even a joke for the members?
what if the joke isn't funny? then do you get double ban?
Old February 13, 2009, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
what if the joke isn't funny? then do you get double ban?
There should be a panel of joker then which should include yourself, Fazal and Gopal.
No?
Old February 13, 2009, 10:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Peace vai, I know you are here to promote peace and I have utmost respect for that. But seriously, we shouldn't let these beasts get out, not even on Eid day, from being banned.

We are talking about double offenders, vitriolic and inflammatory posters sometimes racist in content, multiple counts of spamming, anarchy, cyber loansharking, money-laundering, religious fanatics who blow themselves up with virus and worms,...and what not.

I certainly wouldn't find my child (if I ever had any), to be safe here in a Banglcricket if those goons ever got out. Come'on even Dalai Lama wouldn't dare open a can of...khek khek...note the pun....worms.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 14, 2009, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Peace vai, I know you are here to promote peace and I have utmost respect for that. But seriously, we shouldn't let these beasts get out, not even on Eid day, from being banned.

We are talking about double offenders, vitriolic and inflammatory posters sometimes racist in content, multiple counts of spamming, anarchy, cyber loansharking, money-laundering, religious fanatics who blow themselves up with virus and worms,...and what not.

I certainly wouldn't find my child (if I ever had any), to be safe here in a Banglcricket if those goons ever got out. Come'on even Dalai Lama wouldn't dare open a can of...khek khek...note the pun....worms.
Point taken.
An organisation without discipline procedures will not survive just like an individual or a country. The question is how well an organisation enforces the procedures fairly. A country cannot allow a murderer, rapist et al go at large and that is understandable. If you look at many third world countries where corruptions, crimes are too high, it is not because there is no law but the law enforcement is perverted.
In my opinion, people should be allowed to speak freely whether it is agreement or disagreement without intimidation and gang bang, and there should be a reasonable tolerance.

Last edited by Peace; February 14, 2009 at 05:03 PM..
Old February 14, 2009, 11:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Point taken.
An organisation without discipline procedures will not survive just like an individual or a country. The question is how well an organisation enforces the procedures fairly. A country cannot allow a murderer, rapist et al go at large and that is understandable. If you look at many third world countries where corruptions, crimes are too high, it is not because there is no law but the law enforcement is perverted.
In my opinion, people should be allowed to speak freely whether it is agreement or disagreement without intimidation and gang bang, and there should be a reasonable tolerance.
Would you then want the forum to go amok with people like this?

Old February 14, 2009, 11:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Or this...

Old February 14, 2009, 11:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Or this...

Old February 15, 2009, 07:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
..... and there should be a reasonable tolerance.
meaning of reasonable:

Reasonable \Rea"son*a*ble\, a. [OE. resonable, F. raisonnable, fr. L. rationabilis. See Reason, n.]

1. Having the faculty of reason; endued with reason; rational; as, a reasonable being.

2. Governed by reason; being under influence of reason; thinking, speaking or acting rationally, or according to the dictates of reason; agreeable to reason; just; rational; as, the measure must satisfy all reasonable men.

By indubitable certainty, I mean that which doth not admit of any reasonable cause of doubting. --Bp. Wilkins.

Men have no right to what is not reasonable. --Burke.

3. Not excessive or immoderate; within due limits; proper; as, a reasonable demand, amount, price.

Let . . . all things be thought upon That may, with reasonable swiftness, add More feathers to you wings. --Shak.

Syn: Rational; just; honest; equitable; fair; suitable; moderate; tolerable. See Rational.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
Old February 16, 2009, 10:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
meaning of reasonable:

Reasonable \Rea"son*a*ble\, a. [OE. resonable, F. raisonnable, fr. L. rationabilis. See Reason, n.]

1. Having the faculty of reason; endued with reason; rational; as, a reasonable being.

2. Governed by reason; being under influence of reason; thinking, speaking or acting rationally, or according to the dictates of reason; agreeable to reason; just; rational; as, the measure must satisfy all reasonable men.

By indubitable certainty, I mean that which doth not admit of any reasonable cause of doubting. --Bp. Wilkins.

Men have no right to what is not reasonable. --Burke.

3. Not excessive or immoderate; within due limits; proper; as, a reasonable demand, amount, price.

Let . . . all things be thought upon That may, with reasonable swiftness, add More feathers to you wings. --Shak.

Syn: Rational; just; honest; equitable; fair; suitable; moderate; tolerable. See Rational.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
Hence the problem of circularity of a dictionary. By bringing up definition of "Reasonalbe" look at how many times you have been referred to "reason." Now what does "reason" mean.

rea⋅son   /ˈrizən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ree-zuhn] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a basis or cause, as for some belief, action, fact, event, etc.: the reason for declaring war.

I guess that proves reason is based on something subjective as "beliefs."

=================

Thus no point in arguing back n forth. Although as much I''d like to debate, moderator-ra amader dabrani dibe.

Old February 17, 2009, 07:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Hence the problem of circularity of a dictionary. By bringing up definition of "Reasonalbe" look at how many times you have been referred to "reason." Now what does "reason" mean.

rea⋅son   /ˈrizən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ree-zuhn] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a basis or cause, as for some belief, action, fact, event, etc.: the reason for declaring war.

I guess that proves reason is based on something subjective as "beliefs."

=================

Thus no point in arguing back n forth. Although as much I''d like to debate, moderator-ra amader dabrani dibe.
If you don’t want to argue/debate, there is no need for internet forum. Individual opinion/views are subjective and derive from how you perceive things. And it will vary individual basis. That is why we have a group of judges in the court room. What I see reasonable, it might not be reasonable to you. But if a group of five people agree to a decision based on reasoning that is reasonable.
My posts obey forum rules. So I am not scared of moderator’s dabani. If I do get ban even though I have been following forum rules, I will have no regrets.

Pate goo thakle jelapi banaya haga jai.
Old February 24, 2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

If a thread gets closed, I think you should allow main disputing members to conclude their say. Let it be a final post. By allowing one member to post last one where he has challenged the other member, and then thread was closed, don’t seem fair.

thread re:Why does BC feature a Team India banner ad?

Last edited by Peace; February 24, 2009 at 05:17 PM..
Old April 5, 2009, 02:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Is there any feature in BC through which members can bookmark threads they like?
Old April 5, 2009, 01:30 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Is there any feature in BC through which members can bookmark threads they like?
There is a feature called "Thread Subscription". It is similar to Bookmark. All subscribed threads can be accessed from "Quick Links -> Subscribed Thread" menu.

Any thread that you post to; are automatically "subscribed" to you. If you want to Subscribe a thread; click on: "Thread Tools -> Subscribe" within the thread (you will see the menu item when you are inside a thread).
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.