facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Predict ZIM home series outcome
Bangladesh 5-0 32 52.46%
Bangladesh 4-1 23 37.70%
Bangladesh 3-2 5 8.20%
Zimbabwe 3-2 1 1.64%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 19, 2009, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Bangladesh should win 5-0. I voted for 4-1. We should not underestimate Zimbabwe.

Last edited by Imteaz; October 19, 2009 at 09:07 AM..

Old October 19, 2009, 12:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Batsman Shakib is better than Tayor
Shakib as a bowler better than Zimabwe's best bowler
So alone Shakib is covering two best of Zimabwe.
Old October 19, 2009, 01:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

some of the zim batsmen are in really good form atm, scoring lots of runs. as for naeem V chig, i'd say they're pretty similar, neither are particularly consistent with the bat but can both hit huge, both are ok bowlers but not outstanding bowlers and they're both often overbowled (or they're given higher bowling expectations than they should be given). if BD are going to bring in a newcomer it should be shuvo, actually i think this series would be a great time to give shuvo his debut.
Old October 19, 2009, 01:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Moyna,Mash,Mushi,Tami

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimfan
Ryaid over Price? Shakib a better batsman than Taylor? Rahim a better batsman that Williams? Look at the stats people.

Sorry but i feel that the head to head match up was false especially as the Zimbabwe team that was analysed was in fact not the team that will be starting in the first ODI. So I have taken the opportunity to respond by conducting by own match ups.

Zimbabwe’s batting order is based on recent selections and NOT what I think it should be.

Matchups:

Tamim vs Masakadza – Two explosive openers in great form. Both have achieved consistency this year and have manged to boost there averages to the magic 30 mark. I think that Tamim has the edge here as Masakadza has not always had the best of times in Asia and there is still a question mark over his performance against a decent spin attack
(Advantage Bangladesh)

Junaed vs Vermeulen – There are two sides of Mark Vermulen, the dashing right handed opening batsman who can score boundries at will or the conservative opening bat who puts scoreboard pressure on himself. Has performed well since his comeback but needs to start to convert 50’s into 100’s. Junaid is good for a quick 30 or 40 but is yet to play a big innings hand has real problems playing the short ball. Think Vermulen has a better all-round game here.
(Advantage Zimbabwe)

Ashraful vs Mutizwa – Yes it is likely that Mutizwa will bat 3 after two impressive outings against Kenya and a year of strong domestic performances. A natural strokemaker very much in the mould of Ashraful, he has managed to move Coventry down the order. Ashraful is so talented but lacks discipline needed to be consistent. However im giving Ashraful the nod here as Mutizwa is yet to play in Bangladesh.
(Advantage Bangladesh)

Rokibul vs Taylor – Has to be Taylor here, he is in my opinion Zimbabwes best batsman and has a fantastic abilty to keep the score moving in singles and then to accelrate when needed with some lusty blows, can adapt well to different situations. The Rock looks a good solid player rather than a spectacular one but does play straight but can have trouble raising the run rate.
(Advantage Zimbabwe)

Shakib vs Williams or Coventry – Looks like there is only room for one of them after Matsikenyeri and Mutizwa’s good recent form. And we all know that Matsikenyeri is never dropped. But to be honest Shakib is better than both of them with the bat alone, he has a fantastic ability to change a game as soon as he walk to the crease and he is just as good with the ball as well, you have a top allround cricketer in Shakib al Hasan (still think Taylor is a better batsman)
(Advantage Bangladesh)

Rahim v Matsikenyeri – Even though Matsikenyeri has shown recent signs of improvement I have to go for Rahim here who I think is the complete player, can play spin and pace well and is good between the wickets. Needs to work on his batting at the death.
(Advantage Bangladesh)

Naeem vs Chigumbura – Chigumbura gets it hear but to be honest its fairly close considering Chigumbura’s recent form with the ball which has been appaling. His batting has been great over the last year but he needs to perform with the ball or Zimbabwe will not win this series. Naeem looks a stop gap to me before a better player comes along. Can offer useful contributions with both bat and ball but is not consistent enough with either.
(Advantage Zimbabwe)

Riyad v Utseya – Ryiad is a cricketer I like very much as he uses his head as can adapt well to the situation. I think he has the edge over Utseya here as although he has just had a decent series against Kenya his bowling has been poor over the last year and for some reason he think he can bat.
(Advantage Bangladesh)

Enamul vs Price- Zimbabwe’s best bowler here and he can be a nightmare to get away for the batsman. Has been top draw over the last two years and we all love to see the battle between him and Ashraful again, plays with pride and passion that makes me proud to be Zimbabwean.. Enamul is learning to art of bowling in ODI’s in my opinion and I rate him but not sure if he is a wicket taking option.
(Advantage Zimbabwe)

Rubel vs Cremer – Yes that’s right Zimbabwe are defiantly going in with three spinners as they have played them in the last 6 ODI’s. Cremer is the most attacking of the bowlers but can go for runs. But he can offer runs from number 10. Rubel looks a good prospect for Bangladesh very mush like Jarvis is for Zimbabwe. Wild action which will trouble a few of the Zimbabwe batsman I think.
(Advantage Bangladesh)

Rasel v Jarvis – Jarvis is raw and talented and has to be eased into the side, showed promise against Kenya but doesn’t match up to Rasel here who is an experienced bowler who has a good slower ball. The great thing about Rasel is that he can always be relied on to do what the skipper wants.
(Advantage Bangladesh)

7-4 Bangladesh

That makes for a 4-1 or 3-2 to Bangladesh here is think. But hey anything can happen

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE ADDED VALUE OF TEAM SPIRIT AND PASSION WHICH ZIMBABWE HAVE
Excellent analysis. Based on current form and career records, I would say Vermeulen has advantage over Junaed. So its actually 6-5 Bangladesh. Also, if Shakib is out injured, then it could easily be 6-5 Zimbabwe.. Looks like we are in for a good series!

Although I did vote for 5-0 to BD
Old October 19, 2009, 01:16 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

good job both zimfan and al furqaan.

zim batsman are in form, which is kinda worry for us but hopefully we will beat them , 3-2
Old October 19, 2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Is there any other way to crush someone?
Old October 19, 2009, 03:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Anjelo Mathews,Malinga

4-1 In favour of Bangladesh.
Old October 19, 2009, 03:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I am not sure MAS and Shakib will play or not if they dont play then there will be question about captain also so its difficult to say about the series now.If they both play then i ll go for 5-0.But i ll vote after declaration of the team.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 19, 2009, 03:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

Charles Coventry
Has played onlt 3 matches outside Zim scoring 0 and 12 at St John & Georgetown respectively versus West Indies and a score of 3 in Bristol England. No sub-continent experience, I am not ruling him out but its 50-50.

Mark Vermeulen
Hasn’t played against Bangladesh away but has played three matches in the sub-continent against Srilanka, India and Pakistan scoring 22, 2, 17, 10, 1, and 7

Scores and Av against Bangladesh in Bangladesh

1. Sean Williams

2, 61, 68, 0, 14, 3, 8, 59, 38 average 28.1 in 9 matches

2. Tatenda Taibu

64*, 46, 0, 31, 17, 14, 3, 12 averages 26.7 in 8 games

3. Elton Chigumbura

41, 30*, 27, 7, 1, 27, 31, 10, 31, 32, 27, 64, 0, 1, 7, averaging 24 in 15 games

4. Stuart Matsikenyeri

33, 0, 16, 50, 5, 9, 27, 25, 24, 75, 15, 7, 10, 10 averages 21.8 in 14 matches

5. Brandon Taylor

31, 23, 1,36, 52, 38, 1, 1, 4, averaging 20.7 in 9 matches

6. Hamilton Masakadza

54, 3, 9, 33, 23, 2, 3, 41, 2, 13, 16, 2, 17, 10, average 16.28 in 14 matches
Old October 19, 2009, 05:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I think Al Furqan bro's analysis was a bit biased. I dont think many players are comparable[say, Shakib V coventry/taylor,or Ash V anyone] simply because they have different roles to play in the team. u cant compare a sailor of one boat to the engineer of another boat.
on the series, i think BD would win it 4-1. Agreed zim are doing good, they are probably heading in the right direction, but they lost to BD 5-0 in the last home series. Zim may have improved since, but BD has improved a lot as well. and with the recent successes, you have to back BD.
Expecting a 4-1, hoping for a steam rolled 5-0
Old October 19, 2009, 05:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

My prediction 4-1.

After 3-0 Bangladesh will play 1 worst performance per 5 matches. Last one will be like back to basic.
Old October 19, 2009, 06:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I agree with auntu bhai completely. Because this is our typical tigers. But deep down I'm hoping for a thrashing.....so I voted 5-0...:p :p
Old October 19, 2009, 06:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bangladesh got variety of spinners that 'll be a plus point.
Old October 19, 2009, 07:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

I have just heard Mashrafee is also in... No comparison for him then

5-0 to Bangladesh. I am not makng the same mistakes as last time after reading 'zimfan's scary post of Zim's lineup .
Old October 19, 2009, 07:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
I have just heard Mashrafee is also in... No comparison for him then

5-0 to Bangladesh. I am not makng the same mistakes as last time after reading 'zimfan's scary post of Zim's lineup .
Where did you see that Mash's in?
Old October 19, 2009, 07:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Mash has said that he will play, he is running now and in another week, he will know if he can play,
I feel that the Zim bunch is a better unit after playing Kenya, the batsmen have found better form, but then playing in BD might be different than playing in Zimbabwe. BD has to win the first match to set the tone.
Old October 19, 2009, 07:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Where did you see that Mash's in?
cricinfo - Bangladesh stories.
Old October 19, 2009, 07:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

for some strange reason, bd doesnt perform well in home soil...and as mash is out, sakib is just recovering frm injury and tamim, russel is suffering frm fever, i doubt over clean sweep...even 4-1 would be tough task...moreover, zim wud be over the moon crushing kenya convincingly !

so, my vote goes for BD 3-2 !
Old October 19, 2009, 08:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/c...ry/430303.html

I like it When Mash compared Sakib with Yuvraj.
very true.
Old October 19, 2009, 08:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Mash has said that he will play, he is running now and in another week, he will know if he can play,
I feel that the Zim bunch is a better unit after playing Kenya, the batsmen have found better form, but then playing in BD might be different than playing in Zimbabwe. BD has to win the first match to set the tone.
they beat kenya, who are a team just slightly better than afghanistan, at the moment. some of their top players are out like waters and mishra, and who knows if they'll ever be back. tikolo also is not the same player he was. i hope kenyan cricket can revive like zimbabwe, but they've got such a long way to go.

as long as we don't make bowling wickets like last time, we should win this series comprehensively and possibly with a whitewash.

the last 8 matches, our batsmen have batted quite well, which is something they've never done before. it should be interesting to see, since both teams are coming off a high form with their batsmen.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 19, 2009, 08:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/c...ry/430303.html

I like it When Mash compared Sakib with Yuvraj.
very true.
yeah....its a bold and beautiful statement by Mash. field e ei rokom aggressive performance dekhailei hoy....slog over er voye rubel er hathe ball diye dressing room e na vaglei hoy !
Old October 19, 2009, 09:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Not Bad.
Old October 19, 2009, 10:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

I love to see Bangladesh becoming a strong force in international cricket,I had enough of India,Pakistan,Sri Lanka.Bangladesh have improved a lot,I love to see BD dominating those three Asian teams.That's good for cricket also Asia cups would be interesting.Come on Bangladesh.
Old October 19, 2009, 01:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

5-0 no ifs or but
Old October 19, 2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
5-0 no ifs or but
if Mashafee plays but Shakib is a must...