facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 25, 2009, 03:04 PM
BC Editorial Team

Beamer - tomar response koi? TE - you knew I had to up the ante in terms of degree of difficulty

Old March 25, 2009, 03:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
My quiz. Please cut and paste the entire quiz to give your answer. Unlike the others, I'm not giving you easy guess work with MC solutions. To make things easier, all the answers are based on the users' BC activities, profiles, etc. No proprietary knowledge necessary.

1) What do BC's chief moderators have in common?
2) Which mod's alma mater had a Korean English major with serious issues?
3) Which mod is likely to be found the most in the chat rooms during matches?
4) Who is BC's youngest member?
5) What is the profession of the BC member who coined the famous "never argue with an idiot ..."
6) What BC member would lead prayer sessions in IRC with "Our father who art in heaven, thank you for the daily bread ..."
7) What two BC members share both the same comic strip character in their avatar _and_ their present location?
8) Which two non-mods have acted as IRC ops in the past?
9) Which BC member is FB friends with a lot of current players? (i.e. who has the most)
10) Which 3 of our BC members from India (at least originally) are the most regular?
11) Which BC member went from attending Christian camps to professing Atheism?
12) Who coined the term "cockroach" regarding a certain biased CI person?
13) Who coined the term "eendia"?
14) What BC member, now fondly recalled, but in his prime was almost a scourge, joined BC despite having no interest in cricket? Hint, his wife also joined.
15) Which "bideshi" BC member can be termed almost fatally biased in favor of BD players skill levels and talent?
16) Which regular BC member had Stuart Little as his avatar for the longest time (easiest one!)
17) Which BC member has professed he'd rather watch a certain player fail over that player doing well and BD winning?
18) Which BC member's family owns a restaurant which has hosted quite a few BD players?
19) Which BC member is most likely open sex-related threads or post on that topic?
20) Which BC mod has the most minimal cricketing ability?
1. Napoleonic Complex 2 Tehsin 3 ?? 4 Dhrubo ( verified by Arnab )5 ?? 6 Rifat 7ATMR 8?? 9 Al 10 Padosan, DJ, Tin Tin 11?? 12?? 13 Al 14 Vlad mamu 15 Ian W 16 ?? 17 Rubu 18 Nafi 19 Orphy 20 Zunaid bhai..ha ha
Old March 25, 2009, 03:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

'Ban' button for every member.

2) Which mod's alma mater had an Korean English major with serious issues?
No clude

Nasif bhai

Novo

5) What is the profession of the BC member who coined the famous "never argue with an idiot ..."
Student/BCeditor/researcher...

6) What BC member would lead prayer sessions in IRC with "Our father who art in heaven, thank you for the daily bread ..."
No clue

7) What two BC members share both the same comic strip character in their avatar _and_ their present location?
RazabQ and bangalee

Nasif and Zunaid (both are admins, not mods...)

9) Which BC member is FB friends with a lot of current players? (i.e. who has the most)
Sohel_NR

10) Which 3 of our BC members from India (at least originally) are the most regular?
Dj, Surfer, Tintin

James

ATMR?

Asaad (al furqaan)

14) What BC member, now fondly recalled, but in his prime was almost a scourge, joined BC despite having no interest in cricket? Hint, his wife also joined.
Vladmamu

15) Which "bideshi" BC member can be termed almost fatally biased in favor of BD players skill levels and talent?
Ian Whitechurch

16) Which regular BC member had Stuart Little as his avatar for the longest time (easiest one!)
Fazal mamu

17) Which BC member has professed he'd rather watch a certain player fail over that player doing well and BD winning?
Spit fire (spitty)

18) Which BC member's family owns a restaurant which has hosted quite a few BD players?
Dr_Naf (Nafi)

19) Which BC member is most likely open sex-related threads or post on that topic?
Orpheus

reinausagi
Old March 25, 2009, 03:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
??? Good??? I just got 5 out of 20. This is the worst quiz.
Only 5 out of 20! Man..you suck. As much time you spend in this forum, you should at least get 18 out of 20. Pay more attention to non-Ash related matters now..
Old March 25, 2009, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
1) What do BC's chief moderators have in common? All are NRB's
2) Which mod's alma mater had a Korean English major with serious issues? Tehsin Bhai
3) Which mod is likely to be found the most in the chat rooms during matches? Razab bhai (based on the few times I hae been there)
4) Who is BC's youngest member? Novo
10) Which 3 of our BC members from India (at least originally) are the most regular? Tintin, Surfer, Bharat
11) Which BC member went from attending Christian camps to professing Atheism? James90
13) Who coined the term "eendia"? Billlah bhai
14) What BC member, now fondly recalled, but in his prime was almost a scourge, joined BC despite having no interest in cricket? Hint, his wife also joined. Vlad
15) Which "bideshi" BC member can be termed almost fatally biased in favor of BD players skill levels and talent? Ian
16) Which regular BC member had Stuart Little as his avatar for the longest time (easiest one!) Fazal
17) Which BC member has professed he'd rather watch a certain player fail over that player doing well and BD winning? Spitfire
18) Which BC member's family owns a restaurant which has hosted quite a few BD players? Nafi
19) Which BC member is most likely open sex-related threads or post on that topic? Orpheus/Goru
20) Which BC mod has the most minimal cricketing ability? Zunaid uncle ( self confessed)
Pretty hard quiz. I want my score now.
Old March 25, 2009, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
My quiz. Please cut and paste the entire quiz to give your answer. Unlike the others, I'm not giving you easy guess work with MC solutions. To make things easier, all the answers are based on the users' BC activities, profiles, etc. No proprietary knowledge necessary.

Named for a type of bowling
Reinausagi
Nasif
Novo
Economist? What does Sham do?
Shuvo
Razabq and bangalee
rubu, Miraz
al Furqaan
Tintin, DJ Shahastra, Surfer
James
al Furqaan
Billah
VladMamu
Ian W
Fazal
Spitfire
Nafi
Orpheus
Me
Here's mine.
Old March 25, 2009, 03:20 PM
BC Editorial Team

Beamer you certainly topped TE and Gopal! 6/20 - ta daa!
Old March 25, 2009, 03:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
1) What do BC's chief moderators have in common? Nobody knows if they are online or not.
3) Which mod is likely to be found the most in the chat rooms during matches? Arnab/Nasif
4) Who is BC's youngest member? Novo
6) What BC member would lead prayer sessions in IRC with "Our father who art in heaven, thank you for the daily bread ..."Rifat/Shardhul
7) What two BC members share both the same comic strip character in their avatar _and_ their present location? GB & BK both in usa.
8) Which two non-mods have acted as IRC ops in the past? Spitty & Shariar?
9) Which BC member is FB friends with a lot of current players? (i.e. who has the most)Furqan
10) Which 3 of our BC members from India (at least originally) are the most regular? Bharat, Tintin, DJ & Surfer
11) Which BC member went from attending Christian camps to professing Atheism?Goru?
13) Who coined the term "eendia"? ATMR or Furqan not sure.
15) Which "bideshi" BC member can be termed almost fatally biased in favor of BD players skill levels and talent? Gowza
16) Which regular BC member had Stuart Little as his avatar for the longest time (easiest one!)Rubu
17) Which BC member has professed he'd rather watch a certain player fail over that player doing well and BD winning?Fazal
18) Which BC member's family owns a restaurant which has hosted quite a few BD players?Nafi? or someone else from England.
19) Which BC member is most likely open sex-related threads or post on that topic? Orphy
Dhurr ar parina...MC dile ki hoito bhai?
Old March 25, 2009, 03:22 PM
BC Editorial Team

Kabir - getting there 11/20. I know I'm going to take flack for one of the questions when I put the answer ...

Last edited by RazabQ; March 25, 2009 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Same reason as TE's
Old March 25, 2009, 03:27 PM
BC Editorial Team

LP/Shahryiar - 11/20. Nice. You actually answered one question better than anyone else, in a manner that totally eliminates subjectivity
Old March 25, 2009, 03:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Beamer you certainly topped TE and Gopal! 6/20 - ta daa!
Matro 6!!

I am forever linked with TE and Gopal now. Such ignominy..dhurr..
Old March 25, 2009, 03:38 PM
BC Editorial Team

Ok, Z bhai as almost cracked it at 18/20 so I figure the contest is almost over. I'll give the answers in the next post.
Old March 25, 2009, 03:46 PM
BC Editorial Team

I'm using Z-bhai's response and annotating.
Named for a type of bowling Come on people. Think cricket first
Reinausagi Tehsin is not a mod. Reina used to be one.
Me Nasif is not a mod.
Novo Yup. She's Dhrubo's younger sister. 8 I believe?
Economist? What does Sham do? Barrister by training. Remember he used to complain that if flunked his dad would disown him?
Shuvo Bingo ... I miss that guy. Ever since that Channel I broadcast fiasco ...
Razabq and bangalee Yup. Hobbes, Bay Area
rubu, Miraz I would have also accepted Goru and Spit
al Furqaan By far ...
Tintin, DJ Shahastra, Surfer Here I had originally bharat penned for Surfer but going and doing my HW I realize Bharat has taken long hiatuses while Surfer has been very regular.
James
al Furqaan I can't believe more ppl didn't get this one. Al's visceral taking apart of Rajesh was one of the most enjoyable shutas ever!
Billah He did indeeeed
VladMamu Another easy one for the oldies.
Ian W Go and read how he makes Mash the 2nd coming of Walsh, and other great discourses on the awesomeness of our players
Fazal
Spitfire Yup many a times he's said he wants JO to fail even if it means BD loses.
Nafi
Orpheus LP hit this for a six by including Goru. Both have similar proclivities
Zunaid[/quote] It's sexist to assume Reina has no cricketing ability. She has never commented so. Z bhai on the other hand ...
Old March 25, 2009, 03:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Ok, Z bhai as almost cracked it at 18/20 so I figure the contest is almost over. I'll give the answers in the next post.
C:gopal (in nasal twang)> dat means thakur iz doing hiz job well. (time well spent)

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 25, 2009, 03:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Kabir - getting there 11/20. I know I'm going to take flack for one of the questions when I put the answer ...
Still sucked!!! I thought I was gonna score like Doc...but some questions are VERY subjective...like, who has the least knowledge in cricket. How do you know?
Old March 25, 2009, 03:52 PM
Cricket Guru

The "spin" stops right here!

Moderators are 'spinners' of words..
Old March 25, 2009, 03:52 PM
BC Editorial Team

Come on K, only 1, 10, 20 are debatable. And when you see my explanation, you'll see that there's method to my madness
Old March 25, 2009, 03:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I'm using Z-bhai's response and annotating.
Named for a type of bowling Come on people. Think cricket first
Reinausagi Tehsin is not a mod. Reina used to be one.
Me Nasif is not a mod.
Novo Yup. She's Dhrubo's younger sister. 8 I believe?
Economist? What does Sham do? Barrister by training. Remember he used to complain that if flunked his dad would disown him?
Shuvo Bingo ... I miss that guy. Ever since that Channel I broadcast fiasco ...
Razabq and bangalee Yup. Hobbes, Bay Area
rubu, Miraz I would have also accepted Goru and Spit
al Furqaan By far ...
Tintin, DJ Shahastra, Surfer Here I had originally bharat penned for Surfer but going and doing my HW I realize Bharat has taken long hiatuses while Surfer has been very regular.
James
al Furqaan I can't believe more ppl didn't get this one. Al's visceral taking apart of Rajesh was one of the most enjoyable shutas ever!
Billah He did indeeeed
VladMamu Another easy one for the oldies.
Ian W Go and read how he makes Mash the 2nd coming of Walsh, and other great discourses on the awesomeness of our players
Fazal
Spitfire Yup many a times he's said he wants JO to fail even if it means BD loses.
Nafi
Orpheus LP hit this for a six by including Goru. Both have similar proclivities
Zunaid It's sexist to assume Reina has no cricketing ability. She has never commented so. Z bhai on the other hand ...
t'his quiz is biased. it' highly favors strong linear minded, highly logical/mat'hemat'ical sided people and jat'hu is one of t'hem....thus he is highly likely to get most all right.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!

Edit: it's a mod quiz for mod by mod.

Old March 25, 2009, 04:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Come on K, only 1, 10, 20 are debatable. And when you see my explanation, you'll see that there's method to my madness
Lol...bepar na. And did you give 18/20 to Doc based on the subjective response to 1, 10, and 20?

Khobor ase bhai...polapain kheple khobor ase
Old March 25, 2009, 04:31 PM
BC Editorial Team

Hai Selucas ....
Old March 25, 2009, 04:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
In 305 BC, the Greeks, under Alexandre's general Selucas (then king of Babylon), returned and met ChandraGupta in battle. This time they did not face a provincial King of Western India but an emperor from Eastern India. Selucas was defeated. ChandraGupta, however, was very generous with the defeated general, and only took parts of Selucas' land as compensation and even gave 500 elephants as a gift. He also married Selucas' daughter thereby creating an alliance. The nature of the alliance is not known but given the nature of ancient India's political overlordship, Selucas probably ruled an independent kingdom under the Mauryan empire.
rojobda kiccu buccete parchi nato

Old March 25, 2009, 04:39 PM
Administrator

ki bechitro ei desh
Old March 25, 2009, 04:56 PM
BC Editorial Team

again, the good doc got the reference automatically. Gopal, we have an apocryphal tale in BD about Alexander making the comment : "hai selucas, ki bichitro ei desh" to his general when he saw traitors and all other forms of chirias crawling out of the woodwork during his first essay into the land of the Sindh river.

As for why I made the comment ...
Old March 25, 2009, 05:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
again, the good doc got the reference automatically. Gopal, we have an apocryphal tale in BD about Alexander making the comment : "hai selucas, ki bichitro ei desh" to his general when he saw traitors and all other forms of chirias crawling out of the woodwork during his first essay into the land of the Sindh river.

As for why I made the comment ...
wait i dont get it...why would alexander write an essay?

Old March 25, 2009, 05:07 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
wait i dont get it...why would alexander write an essay?
Because Aristotle told him he'd get extra credit for it!