facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old March 11, 2013, 08:48 PM
Administrator

The sad part of all this?

How successfully has Jamaat been able to hijack the narrative of the national conversation from them being the target of national ire to anything but. This thread itself is a microcosm of the national dialogue. We have move far away from achieving a closure of the tragedies of the past so we can move forward. Like the proverbial story of the people trapped in a well, we are hell bent on ensuring no one gets out.

Old March 11, 2013, 08:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib,Viru

It's very much possible that they were making Bombs in their party office. It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone if they want to create another 21 aug. At least their award winning “JOJ MIA NATOK” will indicate that.fficeffice" />
Old March 11, 2013, 08:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I am not aligned to any party. In the past I voted for both parties. Last time my vote was for AL as I believed BNP needed to be punished for the massive corruption of Tareq Zia and also because I felt AL was more sincere about reforms within the party.

Hartals create nationwide destruction to both public property and the economy but at the same time it has become an integral part of our politics. Government will always condemn and opposition will always prefer it no matter who is in power. What we as citizens need to do is to condemn both for their wrong moves. Condemn BNP for siding with Jamat at the same time condemn AL for using the mancha as a political tool. Don't be blind to either party.
I am not a blind supporter of any party. I just feel for BNP. This govt has created so many chances to grab for BNP but instead they are acting foolishly, that's what makes me angry. I'd love to think that despite their past corruptions, they have learned their mistakes and act accordingly. But looks like they are moving in the same direction as they did in their last tenure. General people now don't get emotional so easily seeing any of political leaders being arrested and tortured since they know its part of their planning. If BNP loses this election again, i would not be surprised since i don't see any differences they would make this time around if they get elected.
Old March 11, 2013, 08:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
I am not aligned to any party. In the past I voted for both parties. Last time my vote was for AL as I believed BNP needed to be punished for the massive corruption of Tareq Zia and also because I felt AL was more sincere about reforms within the party.

Hartals create nationwide destruction to both public property and the economy but at the same time it has become an integral part of our politics. Government will always condemn and opposition will always prefer it no matter who is in power. What we as citizens need to do is to condemn both for their wrong moves. Condemn BNP for siding with Jamat at the same time condemn AL for using the mancha as a political tool. Don't be blind to either party.
That is pretty much my stance too. I personally think it's better for our country to have AL/BNP take turns in ruling the country, until one party takes a leap forward and separates themselves from the other. For that they'd have to address real issues facing our people today, reduce corruption, control law and order situation better by disarming thugs of all parties including their own, instill accountability within their own party first before going after others. That is one way to bring majority of the masses under one banner. I voted for AL last time and BNP the one before. Our politicians just don't deserve to be elected to rule the country two terms in a row. God forbid if they did, they'd feel so ridiculously entitled to do whatever they want, it'd be impossible to unseat them thereafter without a civil war of some sort. Somehow this rotation policy seems to work better in maintaining balance.
Old March 11, 2013, 08:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_
It's very much possible that they were making Bombs in their party office. It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone if they want to create another 21 aug. At least their award winning “JOJ MIA NATOK” will indicate that.fficeffice" />

Right on!
How quickly they forget.
Old March 11, 2013, 09:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
The sad part of all this?

How successfully has Jamaat been able to hijack the narrative of the national conversation from them being the target of national ire to anything but. This thread itself is a microcosm of the national dialogue. We have move far away from achieving a closure of the tragedies of the past so we can move forward. Like the proverbial story of the people trapped in a well, we are hell bent on ensuring no one gets out.
Thanks to BNP for letting them in and hijacking the chances of any national conversation. If BNP was really honest regarding war criminals NOT only political power, then the national conversation would have happened. But by supporting Jamat, BNP not only threw the chances of having national consensus but they threw the chances of gaining popularity among young generation who don't like to be aligned with any political party rather they worry about political groups' actions.
Old March 11, 2013, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Looks like a bunch of morons leading the AL (and BNP too).
Chi chi, ki shob joghonno kotha, amader mohan netader naame ki shob ajebaje kotha bola hocche, eto kharap shobdo internet e konodin porini, chokhtai jole gelo.

Zunaid chachar bichar chai, Zunaid chacha apni khoma chaan, chaitei hobe. Amader netara na hoy dui ekta bhul koreche, tai bole emon okottho bhashay gali diben?
Old March 11, 2013, 09:20 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Thanks to BNP for letting them in and hijacking the chances of any national conversation. If BNP was really honest regarding war criminals NOT only political power, then the national conversation would have happened. But by supporting Jamat, BNP not only threw the chances of having national consensus but they threw the chances of gaining popularity among young generation who don't like to be aligned with any political party rather they worry about political groups' actions.
again You are combining two issues together. Jamaat the political party and War Criminals. These two are separate issues and should not be combined. Condemn BNP for not supporting the punishment for War Criminals but not for forming an alliance with Jamaat because AL did the very same thing in the past to win elections.All these senior leader of Jamaat were all sitting right beside AL leaders in the past.

Apply the same standard when you judge both parties. Tareq Coco were corrupt and so was Abul and Shuronjit. Shibir is violent but so is BCL. Khaleda Zia wrote a anti state article and in the past Hasina said there are Al Qaeda elements in BD when BNP was in power. For every Joj Mia we have a Limon, Bisshojit. The political parties are morally bankrupt and like zman said, if you vote any of them two consecutive terms they will wipe out the opposition party completely. We seriously need a John Stewart type personality to expose the hypocrisy of our politics.

To deal with the War Crimes, We needed to have a credible Tribunal without the disappearing witnesses and skype leaks. We needed to convince the people that no under hand dealings were made.

If we had to deal with Jamaat the political party we could have dealt with them next election and kicked them out of the remaining low number of seats they might have ran the elections for. In a democratic system if you are not winning parliamentary seats then you are irrelevant and we could have shown Jamaat the door in a very bloodless peaceful way.

Now because of all these political maneuvering, we have a divided country and Jamaat is finding more publicity and exploiting Islam to gain more sympathy from the population than they normally would have. We have given them way too much attention than they derserved.
Old March 11, 2013, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Chi chi, ki shob joghonno kotha, amader mohan netader naame ki shob ajebaje kotha bola hocche, eto kharap shobdo internet e konodin porini, chokhtai jole gelo.

Zunaid chachar bichar chai, Zunaid chacha apni khoma chaan, chaitei hobe. Amader netara na hoy dui ekta bhul koreche, tai bole emon okottho bhashay gali diben?
You know you have arrived, when an effigy in your name is burnt! Viva la Revolución.
Old March 11, 2013, 09:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Now don't go putting words into my mouth.

Typical.

Just because I criticized one aspect of the heavy handedness, I now become a card carrying hartal supporter? How does your overly active imagination make this nebulous connection? My ideological past is an open book - Ask Mr Google - he can tell you that I've been leading the charge against the undemocratic political stratagem of coerced hartals since way before most of the members were out of their nappies.

What I questioned is the wisdom of the knee-jerk reactions of the powers that be that seems to be solely guided towards handing over the momentum to the bad guys. Did they actually think that this would stop any of what is going to happen? In fact, this will surely exacerbate the situation and any opportunity to coax away the BNP from the path of insanity will be lost forever.

Who do you think will the winner be then?

PS: Did you actually read the last two lines of what I posted?
I was just asking. I knew the answers - the answers would then support the rule of law - hence why "not again". Don't get personal now...
Old March 11, 2013, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Lol....BANFAN bhai only posts where he can relate with BAKSHAL.
Yep - that pretty much was why I exclaimed with - oh no not again - and Zunaid charged in!
Old March 11, 2013, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Yep - that pretty much was why I exclaimed with - oh no not again - and Zunaid charged in!
Now who is getting personal?

We have a common enemy to vanquish.
Old March 11, 2013, 09:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Now who is getting personal?

There was nothing personal about it - it just that it happened - perhaps you didn't get my "no again" bit about Banfan and Bakshal - perhaps you did.
Old March 11, 2013, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

I know - that is why I was excited to see the news of AL-BNP student wings unite against Shibir http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...postcount=2447.
Old March 11, 2013, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
again You are combining two issues together. Jamaat the political party and War Criminals. These two are separate issues and should not be combined. Condemn BNP for not supporting the punishment for War Criminals but not for forming an alliance with Jamaat because AL did the very same thing in the past to win elections.
Quote:
Khaleda Zia wrote a anti state article and in the past Hasina said there are Al Qaeda elements in BD when BNP was in power. For every Joj Mia we have a Limon, Bisshojit. The political parties are morally bankrupt and like zman said, if you vote any of them two consecutive terms they will wipe out the opposition party completely. We seriously need a John Stewart type personality to expose the hypocrisy of our politics.Now because of all these political maneuvering, we have a divided country and Jamaat is finding more publicity and exploiting Islam to gain more sympathy from the population than they normally would have. We have given them way too much attention than they derserved.

Disagreeing with that part. Why will u separate Jamat and war criminals when both of them are rotten eggs of the same basket? Fyi Nobody is criticizing BNP for their alliance with jamat. That assemblage was a past history and more or less both parties have treated jamat as a football to score maximum goals in their own election game.

But what is BNP doing now. They have given moral support to jamat and their so called hartals and I m sure u will admit that, those were actually the procession of terrorists in the name of hartal. Isn’t it obvious that the moral support of bnp have strengthened the soil of Jamat.

Quote:
To deal with the War Crimes, We needed to have a credible Tribunal without the disappearing witnesses and skype leaks. We needed to convince the people that no under hand dealings were made. .

That judge has retired from that bench. And this is by far one of the most credible tribunals where war criminals are getting the privilege of appointing their own lawyers, as well as they will be able to appeal against the verdict also. What else do they need? U will never be able to convince all the people if u take the political condition of our country under consideration. If we start to think that we'll have to satisfy everybody, then u can get the assurance that we will never be able to punish the war criminals.

Quote:
If we had to deal with Jamaat the political party we could have dealt with them next election and kicked them out of the remaining low number of seats they might have ran the elections for. In a democratic system if you are not winning parliamentary seats then you are irrelevant and we could have shown Jamaat the door in a very bloodless peaceful way. .

Why will we even give them the chance of doing politics? They surely did't want bangladesh as an independent country.Jamat and its political leaders still don’t believe in Bangladesh and they have proven that by declaring that civil war. LOl, afik Jamat as a party was directly involved in brutal criminal activities during 71. Some former politicians have made a horrible mistake by legalizing this criminal party for their own benefit. Why should we allow it now? I Believe It’s the perfect time to clear the mess that our fathers failed to clean. They were defeated in 71 and hopefully will vanish in 13.
Old March 12, 2013, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

lol about people talking of same old bakshal.... Aug 21st e bom mere shob opposition leader mere felte gele bakshal hoi na, guli kore SAMS kibria ba Ahsanullah Master ke mere felleo bakshal hoi na... kintu, gari ghora bhangchur e prohoshona debar karoney ooposition er leader der arrest korley bakshal hoye jai....
Old March 12, 2013, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_

[font=Trebuchet MS][color=black]

those were actually the procession of terrorists in the name of hartal. .

They surely did't want bangladesh as an independent country.Jamat and its political leaders still don’t believe in Bangladesh and they have proven that by declaring that civil war.

Picketing/vandalism does not equal terrorism, it does equate to some extent when innocent people are killed; the burning of Hundi homes, the senseless attack on policemen, and also the killing of unarmed Jamaati protesters who were shot down.
Notice I say unarmed because i dont have much sympathy for a protester who is armed and attacking police, but an unarmed protester who is killed is definitely something that should be condemned.

its telling how Jamaat creating mayhem in the streets brings out the terrorism card when we all saw similar mayhem created by the last opposition before 1/11; of course back then they were fighting for their rights, while now JI/BNP are terrorists.

If BNP ever gets power again, I look forward to hearing how the opposition are all Indian backed terrorists. Same old BS, to and fro, without any respite for the common man.

It is an undisputed fact that many of Jamaat's leaders were against Bangladesh in 1971; but I keep hearing that JI does not believe in Bangladesh even today; and so far it seems to be an opinion masquerading as "fact"

Is it because it makes us feel better and dehumanizes them, so we dont really care when they are shot down ?
Old March 12, 2013, 02:38 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

So, some of you think that people like Fakhrul, Khoka, Rizvy and Aman were making bombs in the party office?

I look forward to hearing the opposite version at some point in the future when Ashraf, Hanif, MK Alamgir and Nasim et al will be arrested from AL headquarter for making cocktails and potka.

We are too much biased to have a decent political culture in Bangladesh.
Old March 12, 2013, 02:41 AM
Administrator

^^ Miraz - well said. One day.
Old March 12, 2013, 02:41 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
So, some of you think that people like Fakhrul, Khoka, Rizvy and Aman were making bombs in the party office?

I look forward to hearing the opposite version at some point in the future when Ashraf, Hanif, MK Alamgir and Nasim et al will be arrested from AL headquarter for making cocktails and potka.

my thoughts exactly
Old March 12, 2013, 03:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Oh yes, again. Looks like a bunch of morons leading the AL (and BNP too). The former could have leveraged the current reawakening into solid long term electoral victories - instead, by virtue of a series of knee-jerk heavy handed reactions, they are losing the plot here. They've been baited and the seem hell bent on swallowing hook line and sinker allowing the Jamaatists and its now junior ally the BNP to take the nation to the brink of the abyss.
If truer words were spoken in this forum, I'm sure many of them came from your keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

Couldn't agree more. Sadly, we don't have a rajnoitic shongshkriti in Bangladesh, but we have plenty of rajnoitik oposhongshkriti with its leading purveyors always getting away with their predictable crimes and poorly concealed deception. This course of action simply cannot be sustainable as our voters begin to mature as citizens of a democratic country in desperate need of genuine democratic reform, the rule of law and equal treatment under the law. That being said, I don't know how long it would take for a cohesive and enlightened popular upsurge to take root and become a viable political force capable of beginning to force those necessary changes.

A couple of things really disconcerting about this latest round of mass arrests of BNP leadership:

1) This wasteful stunt shifts focus away from effectively neutralizing Jamaat-Shibir terrorism and attempts to put it into typical election year blamegaming and criminality perpetuated by the two major political parties regardless of incumbency.

2) This wasteful stunt shifts focus away from the urgent need to hire better prosecutors capable of preparing winnable cases and duly securing convictions in the ICT as per its due process.

3) This wasteful stunt shifts focus away from the need to file properly investigated and prepared cases against all individuals committing a variety of crimes under the guise of politics. Rounding up the "usual suspects" but failing to secure lawful conviction is the tradition that subverts and therefore enhances that need.

-As a Bangladeshi and marginalized but forever loyal member of Awami League.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 12, 2013, 03:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Police bolse Boma paise BNP HQ te ar public aita bishshash koira lafalafi kortese. BNPr ar khaya daya kaaj nai... party HQ te boisha boma banaya rakhbe. Mirja Faqrul ar Rizvi akhon hoiya gase bomb expert. Tao valo nuclear bomb je pai nai. May be oita Khaledar bashai paowa jaabe pore. Aishob Shajano natok ar valo laagena
Hahaha.... Suddenly our police has become angels.. I can't believe such blindness...
Old March 12, 2013, 04:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
lol about people talking of same old bakshal.... Aug 21st e bom mere shob opposition leader mere felte gele bakshal hoi na, guli kore SAMS kibria ba Ahsanullah Master ke mere felleo bakshal hoi na... kintu, gari ghora bhangchur e prohoshona debar karoney ooposition er leader der arrest korley bakshal hoye jai....
BAKSHAL although relates to killing and torture, but it's more relevant to Dictatorial rule, freedom of press and nationalization of economy. So you have to actually stop pretending.

Hartal and hartal related violence isn't new and not that AL has never done it. So none refers to that when they ref to BAKSHAL...
Old March 12, 2013, 04:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
It is an undisputed fact that many of Jamaat's leaders were against Bangladesh in 1971; but I keep hearing that JI does not believe in Bangladesh even today; and so far it seems to be an opinion masquerading as "fact"

Is it because it makes us feel better and dehumanizes them, so we dont really care when they are shot down ?
The question is why r they protesting in the first place? What is there demand actually? Lol, Yaaaaaaa, they want to see their holy father again among themselves. And who is that holy character. Ya, the terror of 71,the murderer of countless numbers of freedom fighters, the destroyer of thousands of families and the serial rapist ,the one and only machine sayidee . Now these jamatiss r fighting and killng police to free that monster and still u are saying that they believe in Bangladesh and its freedom. Lol, that’s nice. It’s like believing in the beauty of butterfly without accepting the presence of caterpillar.
fficeffice" />
If they really want to protest, there r loads of other ways to do that. U will not have to go too far to realize the strength of non violent protest. But they will not go anywhere close to that route because they didn’t learn anything other than making chaos from their great gurus. So what they r doing , ya they r protesting by using lethal arms, destroying SHAHEED MINAR, killing polices, torching police station and destroying hindu houses in the name of simple picketing and still u r expecting that there will be no causalities? Yes it’s sad but unavoidable. And don’t consider everybody as a sympathizer of al. The activities of 2001bnp and 2008al were unacceptable and the activities of 2013 jamat should be mitigated at any cost.
Old March 12, 2013, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I don't know if people know this or not but BNP politicians are getting arrested due to political reasons. BAL are behind it.